Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 15:34   #766
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Done close to 1000km in the Taigun and the car is a delight to drive. Probably the best when it comes to ride, handling and performance. Average is around 12 to 14 within city and highways can go up to 18 to 19.
I even own a POLO and to be honest cost cutting is not that noticeable. Maybe around 10% in removing features like Anti pinch window, All auto up and down, clips for rubber mat etc. Build quality wise I do not think there is remarkable difference.
TJ02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 17:22   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Vinit, great to see your first trip with the Taigun ..
The S mode typically tends to hold on to those gears for bit longer as compared to the D mode,
Thank you brother. I think S modes drives the car in higher revs and not necessarily delayed gear shift, and hence would help in engine braking. Pls correct me if thats not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechinmay View Post
Great trip report. Those are some great mileage figures....
Thanks. I was trying out various driving patterns. Onward journey, I pumped the revs hard, did good speeds, average was sub 15KMPL (it involved uphill Mumbai Pune), on my return journey wanted to optimize for fuel efficiency, so didnt cross 90, drove between 70-90 at higher gears on the slopes hence 23-24KMPL.

But yes, for the power it generates, it was a pleasant feeling to see those fuel efficiency numbers.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th October 2021 at 10:20. Reason: Please visit Forum Rules. Rule #11. Thanks.
Old 18th October 2021, 21:36   #768
BHPian

I have heard about the EPC bit too and am a bit concerned about the same. Updates would be welcome. I also got an input about the TSI AT problems in the Polo. The dealer says they have been resolved by the company (it was the GM), but couldn't specify what the faults were. Anyone with an update on this?

Also saw the Astor yesterday. Being a Sunday, the showroom was crowded (KIA was like a fish market!). Intend to test drive, but checked out the insides. The body seemed more solid than the Taigun. The interior felt more sturdy and classy too. Space wise, its about the same in the rear. Came out impressed.

Doesn't the MG's front look like a rip off from Jaguar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubhp View Post
The only and really the only reason I am hesitant in buying is to know if Taigun is also exhibiting EPC failure traits. I can never buy Kushaq knowing it does because I will never have the peace of mind in driving it on highways.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2021 at 05:40. Reason: Grammar, typos, quoted text trimmed
darthvader5000 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th October 2021, 11:15   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubhp View Post
4. Service cost. It is a given I guess.
Both ŠKODA and Volkswagen have launched some very economical service packs with the cars, do check them out, they start at 25k for 4 years of service including all the consumables and labor charges.

Moreover being alert at the time of service helps a lot too, service advisors try to add extra stuff at the time of servicing, but you can always refuse, insist only on what's mentioned in the service manual, try to get additional services like wheel alignment and interior dry cleaning from outside, as its cheaper as well as better from the outside places which are expert in them.
Old 19th October 2021, 17:20   #770
BHPian

And... another Taigun variant/feature quirk!

Only the Red, Grey and Silver, GT+ body shades get the sporty Red treatment for the dashboard. [As per a reliable source who heard from a VW dealer.]
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 10:29   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a red Taigun on the road today - it looks exceptionally good! The paint quality is awesome and it stands out from the Cretas and Seltos on the road like anything.

From the front, it looks wide and I initially mistook it for a Tiguan. The impression of size continue from the front three-quarters view as well. As the vehicle is passing, only the rear three-quarter view points to a smaller vehicle.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 21:10   #772
Team-BHP Support

First reported case of a Taigun breakdown. Hope it is not related to the infamous EPC issues of the Skoda Kushaq -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20211020210541_twitter.jpg
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 17:58   #773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
. D mode was at times found lacking in power while overtaking/ need for sudden acceleration. But the S mode would bring that delight with a butter smooth acceleration.

I drove in D mode for 95% of the trip, used S mode for faster accelerations/ overtaking or brakings before toll/ signals. Used Manual mode at the toll queues, drove in M1 and to move to higher gears and optimize fuel efficiency, where I drove to M7, while mechatronix went for D6.
Nice report and thanks for sharing. In my Vento TSI ( with the same DSG) I always drive in S mode on highways. It is much more fun and you are never lacking in power at any time. And contrary to the general opinion, S mode does not drop mileage by much on highway runs. So don't hesitate to use the S mode extensively on the highways.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 21:31   #774
Senior - BHPian

VW is doing a smart thing. They're hitting all high end apartments for test drives. Since the beautiful yellow car was offered to me, I took it for a brief spin. Variant was the '1.5 Automatic'. The car was a breeze to drive. Engine and gear box is perfectly mated, and the car just surges ahead smoothly. The interiors don't do justice, but the motor is surely impressive. The yellow is a 'stand out' colour, and I love it. Saw one car being spot booked. Good strategy indeed
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 21:22   #775
BHPian

https://www.carblogindia.com/skoda-k...YghlrXJYJFSVdY

Taigun break down.

What's your take?

1. First batch cars are always expected to have niggles. Buyers should be aware of this.
2. This is not acceptable by such a reputed brand that has hell of R&D experience.
Old 22nd October 2021, 21:49   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
First reported case of a Taigun breakdown. Hope it is not related to the infamous EPC issues of the Skoda Kushaq -

Attachment 2221692
Source
Name:  IMG_7917EB2F3CC61.jpeg
Views: 1529
Size:  188.4 KB

Looking good!
Old 22nd October 2021, 22:46   #777
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Looking good!
Not with another case of EPC issue reported today.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20211022_164501.jpg

Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
What's your take?

1. First batch cars are always expected to have niggles. Buyers should be aware of this.
2. This is not acceptable by such a reputed brand that has hell of R&D experience.
Dozens of cases with the Kushaq (the reason why I decided to cancel my Taigun and wait), so this was expected from Volkswagen and I suspect more will follow over the coming days. Only sad part is that they had enough time to resolve the issue before launch or postpone the deliveries instead of letting the customers run into issues.

When will the Germans learn that our market does not take lightly to such negativity.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd October 2021 at 22:47.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:01   #778
BANNED

Quote:
Not with another case of EPC issue reported today.

Attachment 2222537

Source

It would do well to share the complete story.
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20211022225846_samsung-internet.jpg
Whatever it is, is probably not a mechanical fault at this point (with the replaced pumps and all) but the system does seem to think it is. Hope this is also resolved soon.

Last edited by agambhandari : 22nd October 2021 at 23:27.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:42   #779
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Whatever it is, is probably not a mechanical fault at this point (with the replaced pumps and all) but the system does seem to think it is. Hope this is also resolved soon.
What troubleshooting does our Indian service centers do in less than one hour, other than to scan the code and reset it? Anyways let's hope for the best.

Two issues reported in two days - one with a 30 minute breakdown fixed with a diagnosis run and one without break down and fixed as an electrical glitch.

Good to see fast response from VW though! I was wondering if VW dealers will respond as fast as Skoda, without Zac Hollis to man every social media complaint.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:45   #780
BANNED

Quote:
What troubleshooting does our Indian service centers do in less than one hour, other than to scan the code and reset it? Anyways let's hope for the best.

Two issues reported in two days - one with a 30 minute breakdown fixed with a diagnosis run and one without break down and fixed as an electrical glitch.

Good to see fast response from VW though! I was wondering if VW dealers will respond as fast as Skoda, without Zac Hollis to man every social media complaint.
On a lighter note, solution is simple. Carry vcds wherever you go.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks