Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2021, 14:30   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Yesterday I took the test drive of the Taigun 1.0 at. Wanted to book the car but the dealer vw navi mumbai is not letting us take our own insurance and is also not ready to price match other insurance companies. Also they are charging ₹8000 logistics charges. This was a big let down. I am a vento owner which I wanted to exchange. They first offered me 1lac for my 1.6tdi vento 2011 model but after showing them quotation from true value they raised the offer to 1.75lac.
I found cars24 quotes to be realistic and not a low baller. I am also exchanging my car with dealer and he mentioned that Cars24 has spoilt the customer with the pricing and he has to quote in the similar range to have a chance. Last year I was planning to exchange and dealer quoted 20% less than now.. Can you believe it

If you have not tried Cars24, I'd suggest to give a try.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st October 2021 at 14:31.
Aviator_guy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 15:04   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
Guys - Finally have gone ahead with my pre-booking, as our companion for next decade arrived yesterday - driving with a temporary registration for few days, before I go all out and enjoy it fully.
Congratulations Vinit!! Looking forward to your ownership review.

PS: A stunning photo ruined by the man standing behind. Edit him out if possible
Old 1st October 2021, 15:41   #708
Team-BHP Support

Interiors of the Comfortline version -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fb_img_1633082792244.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fb_img_1633082796801.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fb_img_1633082803166.jpg
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 16:36   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Yesterday I took the test drive of the Taigun 1.0 at.....
What was the insurance charge? Any discount?

They mention a "Delivery Kit"
What were they promising ?

I Test drove the 1.0 AT.
They have mentioned a "Standard Accessory Kit" in the price break-up.
I am guessign these are the same kits. I was told the following will be there for Rs.10,500/-
Wondering if I can opt out.

- Sun Blinds ( I was told this is the pull up type.)
- Mats
- Mud Flaps
- Waste Bag
- Boot Net

And : Comparing with the GT+ that I Test drove earlier, the GT+ was more to my liking. Mainly due to the dfference in engine response.
Old 1st October 2021, 17:09   #710
BHPian

Attaching the Price List from PPS Motors Hyderabad. Do notice the very high Delivery charges(Logistics). As it is, VW got their pricing wrong, now the dealers too are milking the customers. Any idea if VW Mody in Hyderabad, has similar Delivery charges?

Also wanted to understand what people feel about the Taigun’s pricing and branding strategy. IMO, somebody should be losing their job for their dismal strategy (if gaining marketshare in India was their goal).

1. Skoda and VW have priced Kushaq and Taigun a lakh too high, across the board. This despite localisation.
2. They forgot that their SUV? has two buyer groups. The 10-15 lakhs buyer who is price-sensitive and expects Value For Money and the 15-20 lakhs buyer who wants the cake and the icing too at that cost. These guys have not satisfied either groups. In fact, they have made a mess of the 10-15 lakhs customer group as that is is the group that would have got them the volumes.
3. And which astute gentleman decided to put those ugly chrome lives on Taigun’s bumpers. Did VW think that is what would get them the Hyundai and Kia customers running to them while forgetting and skimping on so many other features besides getting the variant feature mixes wrong.

Frankly, I found the VW Brand Director’s interviews in the past few weeks rather smug and this is reflected in the pricing, features and launch. But am keenly following if it works for VW and Skoda, then it can be replicated at so many levels and in multiple verticals.

The product seems to be a decent product but not a runaway winner especially with no diesel option and it would be interesting to see how the market responds over a year.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-pxl_20211001_112901185.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-pxl_20211001_065540307.jpg  

yeggina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 18:42   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Carbon Steel doesn't seem to suit the chrome-laden Taigun as well as it did the Kushaq -

Attachment 2213847

Attachment 2213848
Source
I've seen the same car today in flesh when I went to VW showroom to TD the Taigun and IMO, this is the best looking colour in Taigun and one can get dechromed if he or she loathes the chrome.
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 20:08   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
I've seen the same car today in flesh when I went to VW showroom to TD the Taigun and IMO, this is the best looking colour in Taigun
Were you able to check it under sunlight or inside showroom under the lights. This makes a huge difference.

We saw the gray colour a week before the Hyderabad event in the showroom. It looked good.

During test drive under bright sunlight it just didn’t appeal.

Choice is subjective, totally respect that. Cautionary note it would be good to check this one under bright sunlight too.

In cloudy conditions gray colour will again look different.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 1st October 2021 at 20:10.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 22:12   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Guys - Finally have gone ahead with my pre-booking, as our companion for next decade arrived yesterday
Congrats Vinit, you are the first one on this forum to have taken delivery of the Taigun. Wish you many happy miles .

Do post more pictures along with your initial observations of the car. Also are you not planning to get the trumpet VW horn, this one looks very Honda-ish .
Old 1st October 2021, 22:27   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Were you able to check it under sunlight or inside showroom under the lights. This makes a huge difference.

We saw the gray colour a week before the Hyderabad event in the showroom. It looked good.

During test drive under bright sunlight it just didn’t appeal.

Choice is subjective, totally respect that. Cautionary note it would be good to check this one under bright sunlight too.

In cloudy conditions gray colour will again look different.
I checked it under bright sunlight btw as that Taigun was a TD vehicle and it looks beautiful under bright sunlight, at least for my eyes.

But, in nights, one might notice it as black as the carbon steel grey colour looks like black a bit.
car_guy1998 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 17:50   #715
BHPian

Hi Guys, Need your help to decide.

Wanted to upgrade my Polo GT TSI. So was awaiting the Taigun and have booked the top end GT+ version.

Though we liked the drive dynamics, features are also good enough, but the interior was a huge let down ! The car doesn’t feel like a 20L + car inside. Considering we would be spending most of our time driving it!
I have a Tiguan 2L TDI and love it and i was hoping Taigun to be a mini version of it and perfect for my wife to upgrade the Polo GT to a Taigun GT !

On some recommendations, I did go and see the MG Astor today and was really impressed with it. I did like both the Astor and the EV. I know EV is opening a new dimension altogether ! Thoroughly confused now on if I should scrap the Taigun and consider an MG Astor/EV.
Also the fuel pump issues on the Kushaq is not comforting even though VW states it’s a known issue and has sorted it.. am told that replaced fuel pumps in Kushaq has got issues even now.

TRoc am told is not in stock and the last selling price is around 32L , so that’s not making sense either.

Any other options I should explore ? Thoughts ?
Old 2nd October 2021, 19:12   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amithsebastian View Post
TRoc am told is not in stock and the last selling price is around 32L , so that’s not making sense either.

Any other options I should explore ? Thoughts ?
32lakhs? Dealer is fleecing you. I would suggest to check multiple dealers in the city including PPS. PPS can always get stock from other state dealers.

MG Astor is a good value proposition on paper. I say on paper due to fact that I haven’t had a chance to test drive. Purely based on showroom experience it is a great value proposition.

What are your expectations?

Are you willing to compromise on driving dynamics?

Is quick shifting gear box one of your basic requirements?

What is the primary usage of this vehicle? Will it be restricted to city runs?

Any preference of CBU?

The way i see how MG Astor and TROC are stacked up.
  • Family car with latest tech MG Astor.
  • Fun to drive with solid build. TROC

Additionally you need to test drive TROC and MG Astor (Long drive) and then come to a conclusion.

It’s not always about what boxes it ticks on paper but what appeals to heart and your usage. You are the better judge.
Old 2nd October 2021, 19:24   #717
BHPian

Thanks @circleoflife.
Yes the confusion was bothering me and I just got off call with multiple dealers and managed to find a Troc and they are offering it at 27L. One of the last cars in their stock!

I think I am inclined towards the Troc Vs Astor with the VW build and drive dynamics. It has pretty much all the features I want. ( better plastics , Vienna leather seats, panoramic sunroof, realistic virtual cockpit (compared to Taigun) and the possibility of adding the other features from international models ( like I have done for my Tiguan )

Astor has an amazing list of features which is great, but MG … am unsure on the reliability and build and it will surely be there in the back of mind. I test drove it; the features are great but drive quality is not comparable to VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
32lakhs? Dealer is fleecing you. I would suggest to check multiple dealers in the city including PPS. PPS can always get stock from other state dealers.

MG Astor is a good value proposition on paper. I say on paper due to fact that I haven’t had a chance to test drive. Purely based on showroom experience it is a great value proposition.

What are your expectations?

Are you willing to compromise on driving dynamics?

Is quick shifting gear box one of your basic requirements?

What is the primary usage of this vehicle? Will it be restricted to city runs?

Any preference of CBU?

The way i see how MG Astor and TROC are stacked up.
  • Family car with latest tech MG Astor.
  • Fun to drive with solid build. TROC

Additionally you need to test drive TROC and MG Astor (Long drive) and then come to a conclusion.

It’s not always about what boxes it ticks on paper but what appeals to heart and your usage. You are the better judge.
amithsebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 00:11   #718
BHPian

Folks - I am pleased to share with all of you that my Taigun GT+ in curcuma yellow arrived yesterday.

I'd like to share a few things after about 250 kms driven so far:

The DSG on the Taigun is better mannered when I compare it to the earlier tuning of the same DQ200 on the Polo and Vento.

It feels very well planted on the road and has excellent road manners. Just a beauty to drive.

The 1.5 TSI with the DSG is like a sleeper and will just fly if you want it to. I am running the car in so exercising a lot of restraint right now. Yes I am aware a run in is not needed but I do this to all my cars and they have served me well. So I will continue to do this.

I liked the VW connect app that rates your driving and tells you about the number of times you did hard braking, Hard acceleration, Over-speeding. The telemetrics also gives very detailed (to the second) route information. Also shows real time digital cockpit parameters. Not too fancy an app, but has what I in my opinion is needed.

The sun roof opening is larger than other cars that have a non panoramic sunroof. It provides a much larger viewing area on top despite there being no panoramic roof. I thought that was nice. Was comparing this to City 4th gen.

The plastics used may be lighter in nature but by no means are they flimsy. I was not worried on 'using' them as they are supposed to be rather than baby them to last. On this count I found the Kushaq's plastics somewhat lacking.

Quote:
Guys - Finally have gone ahead with my pre-booking, as our companion for next decade arrived yesterday -
Congratulations Vinit!
Newtown is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:47   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Folks - I am pleased to share with all of you that my Taigun GT+ in curcuma yellow arrived yesterday.

The 1.5 TSI with the DSG is like a sleeper and will just fly if you want it to. I am running the car in so exercising a lot of restraint right now. Yes I am aware a run in is not needed but I do this to all my cars and they have served me well. So I will continue to do this.

The plastics used may be lighter in nature but by no means are they flimsy. I was not worried on 'using' them as they are supposed to be rather than baby them to last. On this count I found the Kushaq's plastics somewhat lacking.
Agree. The 1.5 is a gem of an engine and the sound that enters the cabin once you revv above 2000 RPM is addictive. Its an engine that wants to be pushed. Congratulations on your purchase!
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:04   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations mate !!

Quote:
I liked the VW connect app that rates your driving and tells you about ....
I am struggling with this - will pm you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
PS: A stunning photo ruined by the man standing behind. Edit him out if possible
lol - Thanks. tried a few clicks, but just couldnt get a clear frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Do post more pictures along with your initial observations of the car. Also are you not planning to get the trumpet VW horn, this one looks very Honda-ish .
Planned a Goa-Karnata road trip next month - will post a review
I agree the trumphet sounds less cacophonic, but dont honk often, when I do, I would want it to be as irritating as it can be

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks