Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 18:22   #2191
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
Post replacement I checked out the removed pads and noticed they are as hard as steel. The rotors seemed fine though.

Looks like, all that torque and rapid acceleration/braking takes a toll on the brakes.

Cheers.
VW ASS has a practice of replacing the entire assembly instead of skimming the rotors. Their standard line would be that it is not recommended. Most places don't even have the tools to do this. The PPS SC where I service my car did not have the simple rear wiper remover tool and they have now placed an order after I questioned them. My wiper alignment is way off. But if you scan through this forum, you'd see a lot of suggestions that rotors can be skimmed and used atleast twice. 17k kms seem really low, but agree on the rapid acceleration and braking.
drive.helios is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 19:01   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
Hi Tanu
Thanks for the response. I was supposed to make the payment later today. Was negotiating with dealers for the 1.5L DSG to get the best price. We have decided to go ahead with the 1.5L DSG assuming that the DQ200 overheating issues have been resolved to a major extent.
Let me reach out to you 1:1 for seeking additional details.
Regards
Sure. I have dropped my number to you as well, over DM.
Old 12th August 2024, 19:08   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
VW ASS has a practice of replacing the entire assembly instead of skimming the rotors. Their standard line would be that it is not recommended. Most places don't even have the tools to do this. The PPS SC where I service my car did not have the simple rear wiper remover tool and they have now placed an order after I questioned them. My wiper alignment is way off. But if you scan through this forum, you'd see a lot of suggestions that rotors can be skimmed and used atleast twice. 17k kms seem really low, but agree on the rapid acceleration and braking.
I have seen this with my older Polo as well. VW ASS will push for a complete pad and rotor replacement.

If rotor skimming is feasible, will the ASS be ready to do that? Do they have the machines for it? I haven't visited an FNG for my vehicles ever before and would prefer not to.

17K is low, but will gladly pay for a replacement now and then. I still would prefer to push the car when feasible. Had a late-night drive through deserted suburban roads last night. Couldn't help but marvel at the Taigun GT's ability to accelerate from a specific speed and brake on a dime.

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 09:42   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
We have decided to go ahead with the 1.5L DSG assuming that the DQ200 overheating issues have been resolved to a major extent.
Great choice. I too have the 1.5 DSG and the smile I get from flooring the accelerator is unmatched. In comparison I found the 1.0 to be more bad road friendly owing to the torque converter. Make sure to get the 2 years of extended warranty added to the purchase.

It has been more than 3 years since the Kushaq was launched and we are yet to see any DSG issues. Even though it is a short amount of time, I'm sure atleast a percentage of them have crossed 1 lakh kilometres. Our moderators constantly caution us to have a "DSG fund" set aside for future issues. But that is applicable only after the warranty has expired. So, until then you can chill with the 1.5 mill.
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 08:11   #2195

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
VW ASS has a practice of replacing the entire assembly instead of skimming the rotors. Their standard line would be that it is not recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
I have seen this with my older Polo as well. VW ASS will push for a complete pad and rotor replacement.

If rotor skimming is feasible, will the ASS be ready to do that? Do they have the machines for it? I haven't visited an FNG for my vehicles ever before and would prefer not to.

I had my Taigun's discs skimmed at around the 30000km during the periodic service at VW Kannur, KL. Braking was good post skimming. But after 40000 km there was a bit of juddering while braking from 100 kmph - specifically between 100 kmph and 90kmph; no braking issues otherwise. I got the discs and pads replaced at 45000 kms for around 11k Rupees. Going by the pattern i'm expecting another replacement at around 1L km. For full disclosure, i do accelerate and brake a bit harder than normal.

My 1.0L AT just crossed 50k km in less than three years. Ownership and service has been good so far, but leaves few things to be desired. I'll try to post my experience soon.
nighthawk117 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 16:30   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk117 View Post
My 1.0L AT just crossed 50k km in less than three years. Ownership and service has been good so far, but leaves few things to be desired. I'll try to post my experience soon.
Do you always service it from the Phoenix VW Kannur or from Bengaluru as well?
Old 29th August 2024, 20:14   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Anybody else faced issues with the battery?
The battery on my 2022 model 1.0 Topline went dead without a warning yesterday inspite of a 40km daily run. Have asked the ASC to replace under warranty as it is still under 2 years (September 2022 mfg). Didn’t you avail the warranty?
Old 29th August 2024, 20:47   #2198

VW Taigun GT Manual 2024 Review after 3000 kms

Hello everyone! This is my first post in this amazing forum! (Forgive me if my content is bad)

I recently bought a manual Taigun GT 2024 model (cherry red). In a month's time I've driven around 3000 kms. I would like to share my experience with you folks, and also post some queries for which I'd love to get some comments.

The drive quality is FANTASTIC!! Love the handling, feedback, and the power that this vehicle offers. I've driven a lot of manual cars before, but this car is on an another level. Of course I haven't had the opportunity to drive luxury cars, but with my minimal experience, Taigun is just mind blowing!

Comfort is another aspect I'd like to touch upon. I'm feeling safe. I'm confident about the car's response. People inside the car do not feel disturbed in a steep curve, or while traveling on bumpy roads. Gun suspension, I have to say.

I don't have anything that I dislike in my car, however, I have some concerns.

Concerns:
I hear a lot of people telling their VWs offer 19 - 20 mileage on highways. I'm not able to push beyond 16. I tried to maintain about 85 to 95 throughout a 400 km journey and got just 16 kmpl. Could someone tell me why? Is there a specific way how to drive this? I try so hard to activate the 2-cylinder mode. Eager to get some help on this.

Sometimes I feel like something hits back at the brake pedal from below, especially when I travel at 20 kmph over a small sharp bump, and my leg is slightly rested on the brake pedal. When I went to the service center to get this checked, the person mentioned this is an ABS feature, but somehow I'm not convinced. Has anyone else faced this before?

Overall, I'm in love with the car, planning to drive 1.5 lakh kms with this beast. I thought getting a more powerful vehicle would make me drive faster. But with great power, comes great responsibilities. I'm reluctant to push beyond 100.

Drive safe drive responsibly, enjoy yourself, and cheers!

Peace

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2024 at 06:56. Reason: Non-forum characters deleted
Boss_VW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 23:17   #2199
BHPian

Hi all, are there still any air-conditioning concerns with Volkswagen Taigun models being produced now?
Old 31st August 2024, 23:29   #2200
BHPian

Folks, after 25 months of owning the car, I have a basic question. Is there a way to continue to use Android auto for navigation but have the music play via the bluetooth connection? Music playback via AA is absolutely crappy and just today I figured out how better it plays via bluetooth. Is there a way to have the best of both ways?
Old 3rd September 2024, 10:28   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_VW View Post
Concerns:
I hear a lot of people telling their VWs offer 19 - 20 mileage on highways. I'm not able to push beyond 16. I tried to maintain about 85 to 95 throughout a 400 km journey and got just 16 kmpl. Could someone tell me why? Is there a specific way how to drive this? I try so hard to activate the 2-cylinder mode. Eager to get some help on this.
Try using cruise control at 90kmph. The cruise control helps increase mileage. I have hit 19kmpl in my Taigun GT Plus using cruise control over a 2-3 hour highway drive.

Do note that the way VW calculates mileage is based on how many times you even touch the accelerator So don't touch it much if you want a high mileage. Use cruise control and coast where possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Hi all, are there still any air-conditioning concerns with Volkswagen Taigun models being produced now?
The primary concern with VW AC is with how auto climate control works. 24C in a maruti will feel like 22C in a VW. So keep it at 22C instead of 24C. This doesn't negate the fact that VW/Skoda car's have weak ACs. But it can be mitigated by keeping the assigned temperature low and setting the fan speed manually if its too hot outside.

Cheers.
Old 3rd September 2024, 10:52   #2202
BHPian

I have a 2 month old Taigun GT DSG, absolute hoot to drive.

I recently took her for a spin on the expressway, and noticed a lot of noise at speeds about 75-80KMPH. I first thought one of my windows must have been down - it sounded like wind rushing through into the car. But that was not the case. I suspect it must be tyre noise - the car runs on stock CEATs. Do other owners also have similar issues?
Old 3rd September 2024, 13:35   #2203

I am adding what ever inferences I was able to draw when test driving both Taigun 1.5 TSI and Kushaq 1.5 TSI. In terms of Rear Passenger Seating I could clearly see Kushaq had better space for Leg room and under thigh support. When revving the motor they pretty much resembled the same in terms of power but on corners I could make it out the Kushaq had a better stand because of the dynamics. Corners were very swift and Sterring response for Amazing in the Kushaq. I am just putting the observations which I made when comparing the Taigun and Kushaq.
Old 8th September 2024, 20:58   #2204
BHPian

Can someone share the current discounts and offers on the VW taigun in Bangalore region. Looking out for the Taigun 1.0AT in the sports line variant with the blacked out bits
TIA
Old 9th September 2024, 13:26   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
I first thought one of my windows must have been down - it sounded like wind rushing through into the car. But that was not the case.
Did you check your sunroof? If open in tilt position can have the same effect. Had happened with me once.

Most Viewed