Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 15:46   #2176

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Hi again, apologies for the double post - but wanted to know if "AirCare" is a feature enabled for the Indian market - I tried googling and looking within Team BHP, but could not find a lot of information.

Does the Taigun have an inbuilt air purifier?
The car dealer (when I was buying mine) told me that it does exist in the car, but it isn't that good. He recommended that I buy an external one if that is something which was a big concern to me.
Nurav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 20:56   #2177

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
Nope, not inside the car. The light went away after a couple of hours.

Hi Taigun User's,
As per my knowledge, the AIRBAG circuit has one sensor placed inside the bumper and fixed on the metal body as per the location suitable for crash event. Although the connections are waterproof and every wiring related to safety circuit is of very good quality, but sometimes if get your vehicle repaired or mechanic has removed the AirBag sensor wire, there is probability that the re-connection of the coupler was not done in a good way, or the connecting wires get cracked during the process of repairing or due to some other reason. Whenever the water leaking point gets water inside, it will create a false signal to the ECU. But as the other signals required to inflate the Airbag are not matching (vehicle at low speed, crash sensor did not detect fast braking) this false signal will not inflate the airbag, but this is a serious issue. Don't ignore it. Get it repaired. As you mentioned the signal automatically goes OFF after few hours, that might be due to water evaporated after some time due to engine heat or sun shine. Probably, it will not go away during rain or night driving. The problem will become frequent even if get your car washed with high pressure washer. Please get it repaired. I suppose, merely reconnecting the coupler properly after cleaning or properly applying the insulation tape will solve the issue within Rs.100. If this doesn't work go to a good authorized service station. VW is meant for safety, than why to take risk after spending too much on safe car.
Old 6th August 2024, 19:15   #2178
BHPian

Dear all,

We are in advanced stages of negotiations with VW dealers in Gurgaon for the Taigun automatic, but are struggling to decide between the 1.0L TC vs 1.5L DSG. The price difference is approximately Rs1.6lacs, but we are willing to stretch and get the 1.5L automatic (DSG) provided it does not become a big headache.

The 1.5L DSG was wonderful to drive in comparison to the 1.0L TC variant. The former was more silent and pickup was effortless. Even in the sports mode of the 1.0L TC variant, the power delivery was not the same as in the normal city mode of the 1.5L DSG. I can understand the merits of 4 cylinder vs a 3 cylinder.

My only concern - with respect to reliability, how bad is the 1.5L DSG? In general, I agree that TC reliability is better than DCT/DSG - but how is the new breed of VW 2.0?

Also, I have made peace with the fact that VW ownership (ASS experience, costs of spares) is not comparable to a Toyota/Maruti or even Kia/Hyundai, but between the two engine+ transmission options- any rough indication on reliability of 1.0L TC vs 1.5L DSG?
Old 7th August 2024, 15:59   #2179
BHPian

Helios 2-Year Service Update (26000 Kms)
July marked 2 years of owning Helios, our VW Taigun 1.0 AT, and hence a service was due.

Ownership Experience:
  1. Trouble-Less Ownership: Despite an initial accident and the Diesel fiasco, my experience with Helios (our VW Taigun 1.0 AT) has been largely trouble-less, but not entirely trouble-free.
  2. Monthly Mileage: The car consistently covers 1k+ kms per month, averaging 2K - 2.5K km over a few months.
  3. Mileage Insights: I’ve learned that mileage depends on how I drive and floor the pedal, achieving 8-12 kmpl during peak hours and 10-14 kmpl off-peak. Highway runs are a lot better now, with the mileage ranging between 14 and 18 kmpl. I occasionally feed Helios some STP Octane Booster, though it only runs on RON 95 petrol always.

2nd year Service Details:
  • Booking Process: I schedule service well in advance and personally drove the car to the service centre.
  • Service Timelines: I left the car for a couple of days to address reported issues.
Items Checked:
  1. Brake Rotor and Pad replacements - I had and unplanned 2K kms drive in june due to a family emergency, and found the brakes to lack any bite. i was previously adviced to change the pads at 22k kms. I got both the rotor and pads changes this time, cost to pocket - 11.1K + Labor.
  2. 2nd Year Service: Engine Oil Flush and Change (covered under SVP) – Completed; Despite engine oil change and the service, there is something amiss in the car, when i start driving. previously, everytime the car has visited the SC, its grunt used to be back, and an initial surge used to be felt. This feeling is now missing, and the car is very sedate. Not very sure what is wrong.
  3. Yellowing of DRL/Headlight: Replaced RHS headlight assembly; LHS pending approval.
  4. Noise from Central Console or Left Front Side: Couldn’t reproduce at the SC; now noise from A pillar. This is very sporadic and uneven, so I am unable to trace the trend or source.
  5. Passenger Hand Grip (Left Rear): Replaced under warranty.
  6. Engine Mount Inspection: I felt vibrations at idling; no issues found by the technicians.
  7. Suspension Mounts Inspection: Creaking noise when driving over humps; no issues found by the technicians ( I am considering a third-party / FNG vist to check this.).
  8. ICE (In-Car Entertainment) Updates: Done; new on screen message replaces the cheeky “don’t forget your kids” prompt.
  9. Window Winding Motors Noise and Driver-Side One-Touch Issue: Acknowledged but not resolved.
  10. Cabin Air filter (Carbon) - i do not know if its a worthy add on or not, but i added it last year and replaced it this year. cost to pocket Rs 999
Service Experience:

Positive Aspects:
  1. Formed a WhatsApp group with SA, CRM, Service Manager, and myself unlike the previous times.
  2. Proper documentation of issues and technician review, based on my whatsapp comms and in person feedback.
  3. Roof liner had become messy during the last service, and it was fixed this time.
  4. There was some issue with the front passenger door paint, which got fixed with polishing.

Challenges:
  1. WhatsApp group communication mostly one-directional with I doing a lot of over-communication.
  2. Lack of updates during the service in the WA channel.
  3. Ventilated seats seem affected by recent software update and have become really noisy such that it went back to the SC a week later. I did try to book their pick up and drop service but.
  4. CRM inefficiencies, especially with pick-up and drop service. The SC has tied up with DriveU for pickup and drop facilities, but unfortunately this is a huge miss. My pickup was scheduled at 7.15 and until 10.15 am nobody turned up, i ended up driving in. Despite my good working relationship with the DGM and Service Manager and SA, the CRM/CS team seem much motivated to ruin this experience. After requesting a pick-up and drop-off service, the first call I received was to reschedule for the weekend. However, I had specifically communicated that I would need the car during that time

Add-Ons:
  1. Puddle Lamps: Installed (cost to picket -4K).
  2. Heat Sink for Bonnet: Part currently unavailable.
  3. Front Parking Sensors: Back-ordered with a 2-month delay.
  4. Amp and Sub from Music Edition or 24 Models: Not officially backward compatible; exploring aftermarket options.

Pending Activities:
  1. Software tweaks planned for over 18 months; yet to find the time. My luck has been such that I never had the time to schedule it as something would demand that I travel out of state.
  2. All LED Conversion (Except Fog Lamps) - I have been contemplating to do an All LED conversion, and have not decided to exclude the fog lamps. My schedule is such a mess, that i cannot order the lights from durvient, or do it myself immediately or take it to a shop and get it done.
drive.helios is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 18:38   #2180

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
[*]Front Parking Sensors: Back-ordered with a 2-month delay.
Thanks, how much do the front parking sensors cost? does dealership do the installation for the same? Also does it integrate well with the infotainment system?

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2024 at 12:04. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 9th August 2024, 19:19   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
[*] Brake Rotor and Pad replacements - I had and unplanned 2K kms drive in june due to a family emergency, and found the brakes to lack any bite. i was previously adviced to change the pads at 22k kms. I got both the rotor and pads changes this time, cost to pocket - 11.1K + Labor.
[*]ICE (In-Car Entertainment) Updates: Done; new on screen message replaces the cheeky “don’t forget your kids” prompt.[*]Window Winding Motors Noise and Driver-Side One-Touch Issue: Acknowledged but not resolved.
Hey,

22k KMS isn't less for disc change? Were you seeing lining on the disc?

Curious to know what updates were done on the ICE, just couple of days back I also got two campaigns done for my GT, they told one was related to ECU where some warnings were seen on the cluster for few users. Second was for front right window UP/Down (where for few users the window was getting stuck sometimes and behaving weird although I never experienced it). Nothing on ICE though.

I feel after I got the last update for front windows when it was going UP when pressing down and vice-versa, the motor seems to have slowed down and takes more time. I am planning to ask them to replace the motor under warranty in the annual service due next month.
Old 9th August 2024, 22:37   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
Helios 2-Year Service Update (26000 Kms)
July marked 2 years of owning Helios, our VW Taigun 1.0 AT, and hence a service was due.

Items Checked:
  1. 2nd Year Service: Engine Oil Flush and Change (covered under SVP) – Completed; Despite engine oil change and the service, there is something amiss in the car, when i start driving. previously, everytime the car has visited the SC, its grunt used to be back, and an initial surge used to be felt. This feeling is now missing, and the car is very sedate. Not very sure what is wrong.
Did the engine oil got changed ? What did they fill in this service ?
This exact this happened with me in the first service and it was attributed to engine oil change from 0w20 -> 5w40.
Old 10th August 2024, 11:31   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukose View Post
Thanks, how much do the front parking sensors cost? does dealership do the installation for the same? Also does it integrate well with the infotainment system?
The cost is somewhere close to 7.5K but it's a sham job. I have asked the SC to let me know once they have it in stock. Since this is an official accessory, the service center would install it if opted for. It does not integrate with the infotainment system and instead has a dedicated switch that needs to be inserted to the panel. Please check out the latest post by audioholic in the skoda slavia thread about the 8k ops system. I saw it done on a kushaq and quite certain it can be done on a Taigun too. I may spend the money on it. Same with the amp and sub retrofit.
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 11:38   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Hey,

Curious to know what updates were done on the ICE, just couple of days back I also got two campaigns done for my GT, they told one was related to ECU where some warnings were seen on the cluster for few users. Second was for front right window UP/Down (where for few users the window was getting stuck sometimes and behaving weird although I never experienced it). Nothing on ICE though.

I feel after I got the last update for front windows when it was going UP when pressing down and vice-versa, the motor seems to have slowed down and takes more time. I am planning to ask them to replace the motor under warranty in the annual service due next month.
I have seen 2 of my friends change the pads at 22k. The quality seems to be way off. A bit of it has to do with my driving style as well. I brake early and brake often. I had got lines on the disc. Of the 26k kms I drove, 17-18k kms on the highways, so I decided against skimming. The sc did not have the necessary equipment to skim anyway. I have retained the rotors.

The ICE update seem to be for the windows winding but unfortunately it is not helping. I need to push for a replacement as well. I may need to explore if the same one touch up down part can be retrofit to all the doors,.similar to how the old polos used to have. The SC sounded positive on this, but said the part may have a different size. Here is the latest s/w version details. This was taken before the interiors were cleaned.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20240810_120011.jpg

Last edited by drive.helios : 10th August 2024 at 12:02.
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 11:39   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Did the engine oil got changed ? What did they fill in this service ?
This exact this happened with me in the first service and it was attributed to engine oil change from 0w20 -> 5w40.
Yep. The engine oil was changed. I have continued to use 0W20, life-long. I have decided to skip the 15k oil change schedule going forward, so I might change this again in next 8k kms, and see if there's any change. I did not know about the change to 5w40. Is it official?
Old 10th August 2024, 19:02   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Yep. The engine oil was changed. I have continued to use 0W20, life-long. I have decided to skip the 15k oil change schedule going forward, so I might change this again in next 8k kms, and see if there's any change. I did not know about the change to 5w40. Is it official?
My bad. I did not make it clear with the change. What I meant was was the oil grade changed ? You can find this on the invoice where they might have billed you for the oil.
Old 10th August 2024, 23:34   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
My bad. I did not make it clear with the change. What I meant was was the oil grade changed ? You can find this on the invoice where they might have billed you for the oil.
It still is the lifelong 0w20. I will check the invoice once I get back home..I wasn't billed seperately as I have the SVP and the oil change and service cost is included in it. I only paid for the rotor and pads and puddle lamps and the associated labor.
Old 12th August 2024, 09:41   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
Dear all,

We are in advanced stages of negotiations with VW dealers in Gurgaon for the Taigun automatic, but are struggling to decide between the 1.0L TC vs 1.5L DSG. The price difference is approximately Rs1.6lacs, but we are willing to stretch and get the 1.5L automatic (DSG) provided it does not become a big headache.
Hi Aayusht,

Is this still a concern for you? The question is a couple of days old. Do let us know. I own a 2022 Taigun GT+ in Bangalore.

Cheers.
Old 12th August 2024, 09:46   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Hey,

My Brake rotors and pads got changed at 17K kms at my ASS. I had squeaking issues which were resolved by changing them. But yes I was surprised, that they needed a replacement.

Post replacement I checked out the removed pads and noticed they are as hard as steel. The rotors seemed fine though.

Looks like, all that torque and rapid acceleration/braking takes a toll on the brakes.

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 10:40   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
Hi Aayusht,

Is this still a concern for you? The question is a couple of days old. Do let us know. I own a 2022 Taigun GT+ in Bangalore.

Cheers.
Hi Tanu
Thanks for the response. I was supposed to make the payment later today. Was negotiating with dealers for the 1.5L DSG to get the best price. We have decided to go ahead with the 1.5L DSG assuming that the DQ200 overheating issues have been resolved to a major extent.
Let me reach out to you 1:1 for seeking additional details.
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks