Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 12:55   #2101
SR7
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Which dealer are you discussing with SR7 ? I am in the midst of discussion as well and looking to pick one via lease and not getting much discount
KUN VW. This is a 2023 manufactured car - they called it MY’24-VIN’23.

Again it is one of the last cars in its colour, discount doesn’t apply equally to all colours based on availability; loyalty discounts, MSME discount, corporate discounts, accessories discount, SVP discount & Ext. warranty discount have all been factored in, in addition to the cash discounts.

Do push hard for discounts between various showrooms, otherwise these guys will not give in. I’ve been looking from Dec’23 and finally arrived at this between various showrooms with lots of time given for them bite the bullet and climb down.
SR7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 08:18   #2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpras View Post
Thanks. After extensive checking, I have been informed by the service center that the issue is related to a leak in the cooling coil hose (after the car spending 48 hrs at the center). They have offered to replace it but can source parts only after 3 days, as this is a new occurrence for Taigun, which means the vehicle stays there until then.

I have written to VW asking for more clarity and quick redressal of the complaint, and they have also been communicating with my service center, from what I was told.

Anyways, I have no choice but to stay put and hope this is a one time thing. So much for choosing VW over other cheaper alternatives
Providing an update on the above issue. The vehicle was returned to me after 10days at the service center. The ac worked hassle free for a week and now to my horror has shut down abruptly. The car is back at VW but this time they seem clueless about the issue.
There is a gas leak somewhere is what the service manager keeps saying but they are unable to locate it even after 2 days. I have written to VW multiple times and there seems to be no solution till date. Its extremely frustrating when your brand new car spends half of the first month at the service center. I am still exploring legal options and have posted regarding same on social media platforms. Should I proceed legally for replacement of the faulty vehicle that I have been sold, or is there any other way to get in touch with higher ups at VW. Kindly enlighten .
drpras is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 17:16   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Providing an update on the above issue. The vehicle was returned to me after 10days at the service center. The ac worked hassle free for a week and now to my horror has shut down abruptly. .
Tag them on twitter. The VW 2.0 is plagued with many issues- engine mount noise, ac, fuel pump and rattles. I think this is a half baked product and the sales number speak about it. Try tagging them on twitter and customer care email shall help. You will need to get in touch with VW so that they can guide the SC to rectify your issue.
Old 18th February 2024, 17:40   #2104

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Tag them on twitter. The VW 2.0 is plagued with many issues- engine mount noise, ac, fuel pump and rattles. I think this is a half baked product and the sales number speak about it. Try tagging them on twitter and customer care email shall help. You will need to get in touch with VW so that they can guide the SC to rectify your issue.
Thanks . I have already done the same. I had done everything you mentioned during the first time. Infact during the first repair vw Pune was guiding my service center here in TN. Now additionally have tagged them on twitter too.But every time I get the same automated response.
drpras is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 10:32   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks . I have already done the same. I had done everything you mentioned during the first time. Infact during the first repair vw Pune was guiding my service center here in TN. Now additionally have tagged them on twitter too.But every time I get the same automated response.
Try to check with some other SC as well. Most auto companies transfer the issue to SC only. Maruti & Hyundai have a good follow-up though when addressed to them.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 13:51   #2106
BHPian

Greetings BHPians!

It's been a while since we got our VW Taigun GT Plus 1.5 DSG. Purchased on Dhanteras in November 2023 and replaced our close to 15-year-old Maruti Suzuki SX4. I'll be sharing buying & driving experience in this post for the larger audience.

We had purchased SX4 in early 2009 and 2024 being at the corner meant completion of 15 years and the 10-15 year old rule in Delhi-NCR also meant that we have to take a quick decision regarding it and considered the following options:
  1. I currently reside in Panchkula and make weekly trips to Gurugram, so thought of considering its registration extended in Panchkula, and keeping it for another 5 years. The reason being, the car was driven only 97k km and was in immaculate condition and we didn't really feel the need to sell it off immediately.
  2. Keep driving till the end-of-life and get it scrapped and avail incentives being offered.
  3. Sell it off and buy a new car.

After many deliberations and discussions, we opted for 3rd option and then began the search for a new car. The budget was approx 25 lakhs, however, we also thought that we should restrict it to 15 and with the remaining budget replace our 7 year old Baleno diesel next year. So the budget remained in the bracket of 15-25 lakhs and hence the following cars were considered:

Cars considered:
  1. Tata Nexon: Had booked the pre-facelift XZ+S(D) given the massive discounts. was falling well below the budget and was good enough for highway drives.
  2. MG Hector: Fell within the budget and was being offered huge discounts on Diesel variant.
  3. Toyota Innova Crysta: Trust in the brand made us consider it but dropped due to waiting period.
  4. Tata Harrier/ Safari: Pre-facelift models were being offered at huge discount and were falling well within the budget.
  5. Honda Elevate: New car but didn't feel good spending 20 lakhs on it.

We were not willing to buy Maruti, Kia or Hyundai primarily because we were looking for a strongly built car and hence the case. We didn't even consider VW/ Skoda due to past experiences of near & dear ones who suggested that we shouldn't buy it owing to high maintenance.

We went ahead with Nexon and finalised the delivery date etc. on the condition that we will do PDI first and then release the payment. However, on the day of PDI, on reaching the showroom, the sales executive informed that he is on his way and will take an hour to reach, that's when we went to VW since we had to pass that 1 hour and the rest is history.

We looked at both Taigun & Virtus and Taigun GT appealed us more. Took test drive of GT DSG and TC and found that DSG is leaps and bound ahead of TC and finalised the same. They gave a huge discount and better resale value of our SX4. However, family members were still apprehensive of the brand and after multiple visits to the showroom, test drives, they were convinced to go for Taigun but said that we should go for 1.0 Tsi TC due to 2 lakh cheap and better reliability. But I wasn't convinced and persuaded them to go for GT+ DSG since we drive mostly on highways and it will be a much better option in comparison to TC.

Finalised on the colour, which was pre-decided that we'll be going for Lava Blue, since it was a relatively new addition to the colour palette. The sales executive informed that he has 1 car in stock and when we went to stockyard to check, we got to know that it has been sold and was there till yesterday. We decided that we should wait and look for other options or go ahead with Nexon. However, in the evening we were informed that GT+ DSG LB is in transit and is the updated model with ES+Subwoofer and it fortified our decision to get the car as early as possible.

Did the PDI, loan formalities etc. and finalised the date of delivery i.e. 10.11.23 (Dhanteras) and finally got it home.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20240301wa0011.jpg

My Perspective after Purchase and 8k km of driving.
  1. Engine & Gearbox: Engine is super-smooth, effortless cruiser on the highway, gear shifts are not felt at all except when shifting from 2 to 1. Power on tap given the fact that I haven't driven a car with so much power & torque. Excellent confidence on highways, I consider it as a perfect replacement for our beloved SX4.
  2. Ride Quality & Comfort: Superb ride quality, I don't think any suspension noise creeps in as reported by other members or maybe I am liking the car way too much. Seats are good and best for 4 people. I did a 3k trip in December to Kanpur, Lucknow, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Khajuraho. Drove back non-stop from Lucknow to Chandigarh and I didn't feel tired or exhausted at all, such is the comfort I am experiencing.
  3. Fuel Efficiency: On highways I get 20-21 kmpl on cruising speeds of 90-100 which gets reduced to 18-19 kmpl on highway speeds of 110-120. In moderate city traffic, as observed in Panchkula-Chandigarh, I am getting 14-15 kmpl which gets reduced to 12-13 with instant acceleration/ heavy foot. Eco mode works efficiently and the switch from 2 cylinder mode to 4 & vice-versa is smooth and doesn't feel if it is running on 2 cyl. On my UP-MP trip, I got 18 kmpl overall.
  4. Niggles & Issues: Squeaking noise from driver side door. On undulating roads, the gearbox shifts to 1st gear and doesn't upshift even on manual input/ paddle shifter. Rest appears fine to me.
  5. Sound System: Feels good, sound quality is impressive, expecting improvements after coding.
  6. NVH: Smooth & Refined, can't hear the engine but get loud at higher revs. Car came with CEAT tyres, I have found them to be good.
  7. Service Experience: Average, I felt that VW Service center personnel are not that agile/ active as compared to MASS where they quickly attend to you and your vehicle, I am expecting a change in my perception.
  8. Overall Ownership Experience: Fantastic.
  9. Upgrades Planned: Fog Lamps, VCDS Tweaks, Bonnet Insulation (if available)

Accessories purchased from VW:
  1. Window shades: rear, side window
  2. Door visors
  3. Car Mats (fabric)
  4. Car Cover
  5. Trumpet Horn
  6. Luggage Net

Will keep you posted with new developments, experiences.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20240301wa0009.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20240301-13.46.53_38f3dcbc.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20240301-13.47.11_b796f944.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20240301wa0010.jpg
adv.yzr is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 11:49   #2107
BHPian

Hello all!

It has been a while since I posted on this thread. I started a new role a few weeks back and have been commuting on all weekdays. It's a 7km one way route that runs through some bad stretches of roads (both quality of road and congestion) but it also features a good amount of extremely bad drivers sharing the road.

My Taigun 1.0 AT stays mostly in D2, averaging 15-18kmph speeds, taking 30mins to complete the commute. I noticed that my mileage figures are extremely bad. In the last refill, it came to 7.3kmpl and it is heading towards 6.xx from the current numbers I see. Now, it know that this engine is not one known for decent mileage in city traffic, but some thing feels off for me. Even standing at signals, the mileage on MID drops a full 1kmpl in 2-3mins. The car has run 16,000+ Kms and has gone through the normal service cycles (last one was in November 2023) and no issues were found. I even rechecked tyre pressures and still didn't see any change.

Even on highway runs, the numbers seem to have come down, especially when using XP95. It might be an outlier, but I seem to get slightly better mileage when using BPCL's normal petrol!

Is my experience typical of this variant? Has anyone recorded this low mileage numbers in their city commutes?
Old 10th March 2024, 18:45   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Even on highway runs, the numbers seem to have come down, especially when using XP95. It might be an outlier, but I seem to get slightly better mileage when using BPCL's normal petrol!

Is my experience typical of this variant? Has anyone recorded this low mileage numbers in their city commutes?
Same team asmr. I have just had this conversation with my significant other this noon. My home to office is 8km one way and most of the days, the mileage figures are between 7-8 and the lowest being 5.8. my 8km drive often takes 40-50 mins thanks to the infamous Bengaluru city traffic. Off late I've noticed that even on my highway runs the mileage has considerably dropped to 13-13.5 kmpl using xp95. I did however for once shift to HP POWER95 and found the mileage to be better, closer to 15kmpl. HP Power95+ additive (STP Octane Booster) did result in 16-16.5 kmpl. This is when I use cruise control mostly. Even otherwise with the premium petrol filled, during weekends where traffic is considerably less the mileage figures have come down to 11-12kmpl.

This is all against the previous experiences of average mileage around 13-14 in the city and 15-17 during Highway drives. I'm starting to think if I really need to replace the car with a hybrid car. But the driving dynamics are hard to let go.

On top of this, I'm at 20.5K kms in the odo, my brake pads have to be replaced already. I'm staring at a bill of 11K+. None of the cars in my household and friend's circle has such low numbers.

Last edited by drive.helios : 10th March 2024 at 18:46. Reason: Added detail
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 10:57   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Same team asmr... None of the cars in my household and friend's circle has such low numbers.
I am relieved that I am not the only one facing this issue but at the same time, I am worried that this won't be sustainable in the long run. Spending a full tank just to move 300-350km seems very uneconomical. While I am a sedate driver, I do love the ergonomics and the confidence this vehicle gives while on the road. However, this reduction in performance, intended or otherwise (I am thinking some software update screwed up some mechanics inside), is going to be the larger factor.

I have read elsewhere that quality of XP95 is very inconsistent. I will run 2 more tanks, one with HP's power95 and another with BP's normal petrol. Then it will be time for some decisions to be made.

Last edited by asmr : 11th March 2024 at 10:59.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 11:18   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
I will run 2 more tanks, one with HP's power95 and another with BP's normal petrol. Then it will be time for some decisions to be made.
I'm going on a long drive tomorrow morning, filling with HP power95 and will plan to use XP95 again on my return journey coming Sunday. I'll keep a track of the mileage and update. Regarding decision making, I happened to take the new Seltos GT of a friend for a short drive yesterday and found the steering wheel to be heavy and stiff compared to VW, and the boot space is abysmal compared to Taigun. I'm confused too. I might keep the car for another 3.5 years and retort to using bike for shorter distance and eventually do a parallel switch. I have not seen any car that I can immediately go and say this is what I want except for the MS Grand Vitara and Toyota Hyryder. The heart says to wait out or consider either MS Invicto or the Innova Hycross but the financials just don't add up for me at this point.

Last edited by drive.helios : 13th March 2024 at 11:19. Reason: Fixed Grammar
Old 13th March 2024, 11:33   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
I will run 2 more tanks, one with HP's power95 and another with BP's normal petrol. Then it will be time for some decisions to be made.
It takes at least 2 tanks of the same RON fuel to be able to feel a perceptible difference. Consider deferring your decision to after 4 tanks, 2 of each RON.

On the post of the high fuel consumption - While your commute is slow and in congested conditions, if it is also through a lot of dust, do check the condition of the air filter.

Last edited by Newtown : 13th March 2024 at 11:40.
Newtown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 20:57   #2112
BHPian

Been a while. My Taigun TSI automatic (non sunroof, ventilated seats)with ac set at 21.5 has done just about 7.8K since March 2022. Couple of long drives Del- Himachal. Avg economy with a sedate foot and cruise mode thrown in, driving at 90 gave 15 per litre. In Delhi city traffic drive hard, its 7.8, drive aaraam se it's 10.8-11.2.

But what gets my goat is the one touch window not working on the driver's side. Am an ex Polo TDI owner and can't believe this window issue. Just got 2nd service done and seems ok now. But front left seat doesn't have that feature, is what the SA told me. Is that correct folks? Further, the SA asked for the screenshot of my Iphone, since i had complained about the random non / suddenly stop charging issue for the last 2 years. Appears that Iphone 12 and above are not supported for wireless charging in the Taigun. Anyone else knows this ?

Also if someone would advise what more additions can be done which don't void the warranty.
darthvader5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 00:26   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Time for a small update as mentioned

I just got back from a ~750km round trip. Here are the mileage figures.

Onward Journey Mileage (All readings from the Cluster)

Total Distance Travelled: 412 kms
Kodathi/Sarjapur Road to Manipal Hospital Mysore: 17 kmpl (Included a 10 km detour from the expressway due to a faulty air pressure alarm) Moderate use of cruise control
Manipal Hospital Mysore to Hotel Coorg Gate (Makkuttam Ghat descent starting point): 15.5 kmpl
Makuttam Ghat section to Home: 15 kmpl
Home to Ancestral Home and Back: 14.7 kmpl

Average kmpl on MID: 14.8

Return Journey Mileage (All readings from the Cluster)

Total Distance Travelled: 330 kms
Home to Makkuttam Base: 16.5 kmpl ( Moderate use of cruise control)
Makkuttam Base to Hotel Coorg Gate (Makkuttam Ghat Descent starting point): 13 kmpl
Hotel Coorg Gate to Poojari Fish Land Mysore: 14.2 kmpl
Poojari Fish Land to Kodathi/Sarjapur Road: 15.2 kmpl ( covered mys blr express way using cruise control set at 100kmph and occasional bouts of 120s to overtake)

Average kmpl on MID: 15.1

This is the only time I have driven conscious of the Mileage or the speed. We normally follow the herd and don't track the details extensively. The drop in mileage seems to be only a "when driven in city" experience from the look of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
On the post of the high fuel consumption - While your commute is slow and in congested conditions, if it is also through a lot of dust, do check the condition of the air filter.
This could be true for my daily drives in the city. I drive through no roads but craters and dusty roads, and the notorious Sarjapur/Marathahalli traffic. I had got it cleaned 3 months ago, but my engine bay is already dirty. I think the carters and unscientific speed breakers are also causing the issues with suspension mounts.

Few other things came out during the drive and the wheel balancing/alignment that I got done.

1. The driver side window one side up/down has gone kaput again
2. The winding motors for all the windows will need to be checked. They are all noisier than the noisy.
3. The suspension mounts need to be looked into / replaced as per the FNG mechanic.
4. Brakepads are wearing out faster. Likely has life for another 3k kms. (21.5k kms as of today)
5. The LED DRLs seem to be yellowing. Will wait until July to see if it really is the case.

Still confused if I should think of an upgrade or lateral shift next year.

Last edited by drive.helios : 18th March 2024 at 00:27. Reason: Grammar
Old 18th March 2024, 10:07   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
It takes at least 2 tanks of the same RON fuel to be able to feel a perceptible difference... do check the condition of the air filter.
That's an excellent suggestion. I will check it, though it has been only a month of commute in that route. And I filled my tank with BPCL standard petrol and guess what happened? The average mileage on the screen shot up by a full 1kmpl. Same route, same traffic, usual driving style. Of course, I will wait to see the tank full to tank full numbers but nothing could be more damning as a proof for the bad quality of XP95/IOCL in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
what gets my goat is the one touch window not working on the driver's side... Anyone else knows this ?

Also if someone would advise what more additions can be done which don't void the warranty.
I used to have this issue which was resolved sometime back. But the problem has returned. In the past month itself, I had 2 instances where when I pressed the down button, the window didn't move at all. I had to restart my vehicle and drive for a few meters before the one touch worked again.

Also, I have noticed that if I stopped the window roll down mid-way, there seems to be a threshold beneath which the one-touch UP function will malfunction. I need to roll the window fully down and manually raise it up fully.

Could you please specify the additions you want to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Time for a small update as mentioned
I just got back from a ~750km round trip. Here are the mileage figures.
... The drop in mileage seems to be only a "when driven in city" experience from the look of it.
Was your car fully loaded for the trip? My average mileage numbers, when calculated in an Excel table using the tank full method, are generally lower than what I see on the MID by a good margin. I use the MID numbers only for an overall sense of the trend.

Last edited by asmr : 18th March 2024 at 10:08.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:17   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Was your car fully loaded for the trip? My average mileage numbers, when calculated in an Excel table using the tank full method, are generally lower than what I see on the MID by a good margin. I use the MID numbers only for an overall sense of the trend.
Not fully loaded. 2 of us and just 2 laptops bags and a small suitcase one way. Add 10-20kg more for return lug. I have not yet used an excel sheet to calculate the mileage. But I'm certain that with the remaining fuel I could do one more 350km trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks