Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 22:51   #196
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How reliable is that channel? Looks like some google knowledge and videos rolled into one click bait title, without any evidence of an actual issue.

ACT was present in the previous 1.4 TSI as well IIRC and I'm not able to find any major user reported issues. I guess the latter is what we need to really look for!
Thanks! I am sure VW must have taken care of all such possible things (engine oil stuff, etc mentioned in video), just would like someone here to answer these points in detail.
Old 17th August 2021, 09:36   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Taigun preview event for Chennai will take place at the ITC Grand Chola hotel
Bangalore event will be conducted at Taj West End.
Any idea when and where the Delhi event will take place? I registered with VW but have not received any call (maybe they called but I did not pickup due to unknown number).
Old 17th August 2021, 11:23   #198
BHPian

I just don’t understand this unnecessary preview event for potential customers. What VW is trying to achieve? If they are selling a car like Pininfarina Battista, it makes sense.

I think VW is trying very hard to portray themselves as a premium brand. Don’t get me wrong, I want VAG group in India to succeed, but I find their marketing very weird.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 14:20   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I just don’t understand this unnecessary preview event for potential customers. What VW is trying to achieve? If they are selling a car like Pininfarina Battista, it makes sense.

I think VW is trying very hard to portray themselves as a premium brand. Don’t get me wrong, I want VAG group in India to succeed, but I find their marketing very weird.
As bad as this may sound, I completely agree with you. These various hurdles leading up to the launch not only add to the already painful wait, but also cost money to host. That amount of course will be added to the "Premium" pricing.

Over the years have I know a few people working in sales with VW dealerships. 2 of the 3 of them very categorically told me that if this is going to be priced north of 22L (Top end on road), even they as dealers are going to find it hard to get people to buy into the product.

VW has put their dealers through a lot of change, sprucing up their showrooms with their new branding, redoing processes as per what they have changed in their organization.

What a time we live in. From a static launch in March to October, when those who eventually end up booking the car will start getting delivery of their vehicles.

Last edited by NevGin : 17th August 2021 at 14:23.
NevGin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 14:34   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post

Totally agree. Ultimately what matters to Indian buyers is the pricing. If they get it right , they will invite the mass market . If they are targeting few customers they don't even need the marketing. Look at Mahindra xuv700. They launched with some unexpected pricing and now that thread is buzzing like anything.
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 15:13   #201
BHPian

I have lost interest in the Taigun already. The rather protracted process starting from the spy shots, official exterior reveal, media drive (+ embargo), customer preview event, pre-bookings and finally the pricing is a bit too much. Unfortunately, more and more OEMs are taking this route. By the time the real bookings (aka bookings after price disclosure) start many potential customers would have lost interest or forgotten about the product!

I long for the good old days of launching a car and opening bookings - all done and dusted between breakfast and dinner!
kushagra452 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 02:34   #202
BHPian

Saw the Europeans testing on the Pune Mumbai expressway. Can someone identify the third car in the group ?

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20210817_155030.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-save_20210818_023340.jpg
Bluengel180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 04:24   #203
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Saw the Europeans testing on the Pune Mumbai expressway. Can someone identify the third car in the group ?
It's the Skoda Kamiq. It has been spotted testing multiple times in India before in the last 2-3 years. Skoda states that it has no plans to launch it in India.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 09:50   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun production roll-out to begin today from its pune plant.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20210818_094450.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20210818_094929.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 10:35   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarpotdar View Post
I came across this video on Youtube, claiming the ACT in 1.5L engine can be a reliability concern:

How much correct is this? Should I be worried? I have pre-booked Taigun with 1.5 DSG preferred. Will there be TWO hanging swords instead of one now?
No need to worry about ACT. I know 50 T Roc owners and no one has reported any issue with this technology.

I could not find any issue related to ACT on T Roc UK forum. There are many users on this website, using this technology since 2018
sagwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 13:27   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Things will get murkier before launch IMHO! If there is one brand that will try to challenge the XUV 7OO for value proposition - it will be MG. Hector is already priced near 7OO territory and Astor may ignite yet another value discussion - being positioned squarely against the likes of Taigun and Kushaq.
Looks like a correct prediction.

Just watched the Astor AI unveil - and it looks like MG has left no stone unturned, leaving the VAG twins with only one possible advantage to think of - the drive experience.

Just the exhaustive list of features on the MG include -
  1. ADAS Level 2 developed by Bosch, achieved with the help of ESP, mid-range radar and cameras. Brings in features like -
    • Lane keep assist
    • Adaptive cruise control
    • Forward collision warning,
    • Automatic emergency braking,
    • Speed limit assist,
    • Intelligent high beam control, etc
  2. AI powered digital assistant (separate pod which turns and talks to the driver) and understand natural language including hinglish.
  3. Panoramic sunroof
  4. A full length digital cockpit etc.

Even the dashboard and digital console makes the VW implementation (just hard painted panels and the small 8 inch console) look a couple of segments below -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20210818124833_youtube.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20210818124755_youtube.jpg

Pretty sure they will be gunning for a competitive price below the 7OO and Hector too. If it drives anywhere close to the Euros - then it's going to be a hard proposition to match the Astor and 7OO before launch itself!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th August 2021 at 13:33.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 14:27   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

volkswagen India has commenced production of the Taigun at its plant in Chakan, Pune. Online and offline bookings are open.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20210818_145539.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th August 2021 at 14:56.
Old 18th August 2021, 14:51   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun rolls out of production.

Pre-bookings for the Taigun are now open.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-1.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2021 at 14:53.
Old 18th August 2021, 15:48   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
volkswagen India has commenced production of the Taigun at its plant in Chakan, Pune. Online and offline bookings are open.

Attachment 2194923
In that last picture, Taigun is looking like a hatchback behind Satinder Singh.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 16:36   #210

I am waiting to see the Carbon Steel Grey color in full, other than some spy shots that are out there. Any one who has got a full view of the Carbon Steel Taigun ?
sreenath13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks