Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2023, 16:29   #2071
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Also, the right door mirror motor is a slow one now, after update (as per the service engineer). Therefore wanted to know what is the latest version of the software on the Taigun infotainment system.

Thanks
rp

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd January 2024 at 04:25. Reason: Caps where needed.
Old 29th December 2023, 15:56   #2072
BHPian

Does anyone know what the replacement battery is for the Taigun. I have a 1 litre manual topline. The battery went bad just 10 days before I completed two years of ownership. The service centre says it will cost 13000 for the replacement battery. I wonder why it's so expensive. Anybody else faced issues with the battery?
Old 30th December 2023, 17:05   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Does anyone know what the replacement battery is for the Taigun. I have a 1 litre manual topline. The battery went bad just 10 days before I completed two years of ownership. The service centre says it will cost 13000 for the replacement battery. I wonder why it's so expensive. Anybody else faced issues with the battery?
Hi,

Please use VW service cost calculator and check for your specific model. Show the price to the dealer and ask him to write an email mentioning the quote he is giving.

Service Cost Calculator link.

I checked for TopLine 1L and it shows below cost including labor.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot-20231230-5.04.52-pm.png  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 10:17   #2074
BANNED

Can anyone post a screenshot of their software version? It will be of immense help. Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 23:28   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Pardon my noob query, but shouldn't it be replaced under warranty?

Also, what if you get the battery changed outside VW ASS?

Last edited by lightfootdriver : 4th January 2024 at 23:28. Reason: Spell error
Old 5th January 2024, 20:12   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Pardon my noob query, but shouldn't it be replaced under warranty?
Actually, the problem is that there is a difference in date of invoicing and date of delivery. The battery gave up 2 years after the date of invoicing but before date of delivery. I have taken up the issue with the service centre. They are waiting for a resolution from VW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Also, what if you get the battery changed outside VW ASS?
I don't think there is any issue with buying the battery outside though the service centre has been discouraging it. I inquired with the local Exide and Amaron dealers. They have not been able to find a replacement battery for the Taigun in their official listing. They said they can help if I send them a pic of the original battery specs.

From my experience the battery in these cars always give up without any prior warning. I had the same issue in my Vento. This time I had to rely on roadside assistance to jump start the car so I could drive to a service center 40km away.

Currently I am running on a service battery (Amaron green) installed by the service centre.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd January 2024 at 04:25. Reason: Para spacing.
plain.vanilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 13:58   #2077

Quote:
Does anyone know what the replacement battery is for the Taigun. I have a 1 litre manual topline. The battery went bad just 10 days before I completed two years of ownership.
Yes the supplied battery goes dead in two years time(Mine went dead in 18months). I replaced it with Exide Mileage (MLDIN44LH) and it cost me Rs6400/-. I checked with the ASC and they said no issues with warranty.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd January 2024 at 04:26. Reason: Minor spacing & typo.
abiswas27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 21:12   #2078

Dechromed my GT manual recently and thought it came out great. Full list of mods are:
- Gloss black roof wrap
- Matte black wrap for the roof rails
- Gloss black wrap for the mirrors
- Gloss black wrap for the chrome accents on grille and bumpers
- Gloss black wrap on GT badging on either side
- Black tint for front and rear VW logos
- Black plasti dip coating for “Taigun” and “GT” texts on boot

Next up is painting the alloys black, which I think will really bring the look together.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_5263.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_5264.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_5265.jpeg  

arjunj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 23:07   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunj View Post
Dechromed my GT manual recently and thought it came out great. Full list of mods are:
- Gloss black roof wrap

Next up is painting the alloys black, which I think will really bring the look together.
Hehe, you did not just Dechrome is, you in-reality blackened it. It looks much better now. Would want to see it in person one day but the pics are good too
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 09:09   #2080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunj View Post
- Gloss black roof wrap

Looks great. What do you mean by black tint on the logos? Was some film applied? How much did each of these things cost individually and where did you do it?
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 13:05   #2081

Yes, a tinted film was applied to both logos - dulls the chrome look without blacking out the logo entirely.

Everything on the list apart from the roof wrap was 13k. The roof wrap was done separately a while ago, but I don't recall how much that cost unfortunately. The recent work was done by Vinyl'ed at Kammanahalli - highly recommended.
Old 8th January 2024, 19:06   #2082
BANNED

Quote:
I did a little digging on service cost calculators of both VW & Skoda and found battery replacement cost for all 04 cars(Highline/Ambition) as under:

Taigun - 5793
Kushaq- 7386
Virtus - 11062
Slavia - 14137

From the prices above it is understandable that Virtus/Slavia battery costs way high compare to its SUV siblings. My guess is, reason being start-stop system.
Virtus/Slavia comes with stop start system as standard, while Taigun/Kushaq has it in certain variants only.

Now I am baffled, why there is a price gap of 3000 among them?
Old 12th January 2024, 22:30   #2083
BHPian

24.5K Kms update on my Taigun.

Update 1
The clutch master cylinder was changed at 23k Kms. The clutch pedal used to sink in at almost very light pressure and get stuck. Parts were ordered in a week and was replaced. Since it is a hydraulic clutch, it uses the same oil from the brake oil reservoir, which requires the bleeding process to be done again.
Drove for 1.5K kms after that and the clutch is just fine.

Update 2
On my third driver-side window motor now.
The first one part no. XY-a changed within 10 days of delivery.( April 2022)
The second time, part no. XY-b changed to add the missing autofold orvm in my topline variant. (May 2022)
The third time, part no. XY-c changed recently because the window just stopped rolling down out of nowhere. According to the SVC, this motor is the latest one developed and is less prone to failure. Let's see how much time this motor holds up to. Post motor change, the window roll up down has slowed down considerably, compared to the other window. Software updated to the latest version for the auto up/down as well.

Update 3
Got the puddle lights (logo projection) installed from the service center as well.
A new accessory and costs 3K for a pair. Attached Detailed video of the installation.
Got JK Tyre treel tpms installed from a tyre shop. Cost 3k for installation, tyre alignment, and balancing.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4095.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4098.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4099.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4100.jpg

Update 4
Got both headlights changed under warranty. The right side DRL was fading out and looked yellow. The left one had no issue but SvC went ahead and claimed both headlights under warranty. Installation requires bumper removal to unscrew the headlights. Got the new ones installed and the beams aligned properly at the svc.
Attachment 2557800

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_6758.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4161.jpg

Update 5
VCDS Tweaks
1. Digital tachometer
2. Fogs on with high beam and passing.
3. Brake light on as hazard light while boot/bonnet open.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_3466.jpg

Update 6
Added 60w auxiliary lights.
comes in 3 different modes and a separate switch to control it.
The throw is good. Gave it power through the ignition fuse.
Foglights have 100 W LEDs from Durvient.com

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_8618.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_8621.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_8622.jpg

Other than that, wrapped the front chrome part of the bumper and alloy wheels in gloss black, according to my taste. Quick DIY.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7694.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7700.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_3267.jpg

As of now, no highway trips. Overall efficiency stands at 11.5kmpl for Mumbai's Peak traffic time.

Last edited by Atharva14 : 12th January 2024 at 22:32.
Atharva14 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 22:53   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post

Other than that, wrapped the front chrome part of the bumper and alloy wheels in gloss black, according to my taste. Quick DIY.
A humble suggestion, wrap the rear chrome bits too, completes the dechromed look. I'm looking at painting the alloys black sometime this year. If the wrapping holds, it's worth considering for my car as well. What's your thought?
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 23:07   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
A humble suggestion, wrap the rear chrome…
Yeah, about to do that as well! Just not finding enough time for it. Also wrapping the alloy wheels, it has only been a month now plus not sure how it will hold in the rains. Also wrapping was just because I could get back the original looks or modify it otherwise whenever needed. If you are sure about black alloys, you can definitely prefer painting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks