Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 14:27   #1786
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun 1.5 GT DSG 2.5 months 7500 KM review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post

Can you help me share your experience of front seats in Taigun?
I am 6 feet, and 85 kgs, with long legs.

I have done multiple long drives in the Taigun, with some exceeding 10 hours straight. In fact we have done more long drives (6 hour +) than short ones. When I take off on long drives, I don't really like taking breaks - even short ones and prefer to keep going. But when my wife is around, I am forced to break for loo and other pit stops, and have done 12+ hours with her two times.

I personally think the car and the seats have been engineered for long drives. I have found the front seats better than the WRV - that is really something, for Honda really does it's seats well. I really can't sleep in cars - that's what makes me a good long distance driver, but I've slept like a baby in the Taigun when my wife took it over a few times on long drives.

I've taken old people on long drives as well - my father - who loves to travel, and another who has a Innova Crysta - who doesn't like long drives. Both have commented on how the slightly firm seats left them much less fatigued than normal.

The seats, especially the front, are really well suited for long drives, in my opinion.

As for the AC trouble, this something I've read repeatedly but not something I've really experienced. We use the air con a lot at home, and when I am in the car, its on all the time. We like it cold, not merely a few degrees colder than outside. The air conditioning is really quite good in the Taigun! When its really hot, we go on LO for about 30 mins, and then its between 20-24 degrees. On long drives, 20+ really makes it cold, and we have switched to 24 degrees many times!

Perhaps the fact that I have got expensive heat resistance sun film on all windows, windshield and rear is making a huge difference - but I have not experienced any trouble with air conditioning at all!!

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 13th March 2023 at 14:37.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 17:13   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Attachment 2427277

Jumper Cables - With the cars auto on / off kicking in as much as it does, I am sure the battery wont lat long. And even though you have the option to switch auto on/off off, and I don't drive in the city much, AND I have dealt with dead batteries in the part, I picked up a Jumper Cable

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ProKlear Wiper Wash - Been using this for a while and find it to be very good.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3M Rodent Spray - I've had wires in cars been chewed on by rats and know the damage they cause. I have been diligently using 3M rodent spray once every 3/4 months and have never had a rodent issue after. Much cheaper on Amazon than elsewhere

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Congratulations on new car. One can be called MAD for the choices one makes which others can't understand. After all they don't share your heart & mind with which you drive. It's best to ignore them & stick to your gut feeligns while making such critical decisions, Good Job there.

your choice of essentials are spot on. I would suggest to also invest on a Battery jump start kit. I use this one from 70mai and it has saved me on road twice so far.

With a jump cable you are still depending on another vehicle owner to help you out. With Jump start kit you are independent and are good to go within 5 mins of any battery trouble.

I have also recently switched to waterless car wash after getting my car detailed. reason- my area has very hard water and it leaves hard water stain everywhere. so I asked the car washer to stop using water and only use this Pro-Klear product twice a week. needless to say that I am happier than before now. Do try it as well.
Strider24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 17:49   #1788
BHPian

Great recommendations! Thank you for that! Both both on Amazon!
Old 14th March 2023, 17:35   #1789
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

On Mar 07th, I had posted about checking with VW service on the software update for the AC. But in the middle of the other confusions that are ongoing with life and work, I completely forgot about those.

Around 5:05pm today, I received an SMS from VWSERV that this update is now available for my car. I called up the service center near my home and they confirmed that the campaign was indeed on.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-service-update-march-2023.png

Have fixed the service slot for this Friday morning. Let's see how it goes. I plan to bring up the horrible one touch experience on driver side window as well during this visit and insist on a proper fix.
asmr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 21:59   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
On Mar 07th, I had posted about checking with VW service on the software update for the AC. But in the middle of the other confusions that are ongoing with life and work, I completely forgot about those.

Around 5:05pm today, I received an SMS from VWSERV that this update is now available for my car. I called up the service center near my home and they confirmed that the campaign was indeed on.

Attachment 2428955

Have fixed the service slot for this Friday morning. Let's see how it goes. I plan to bring up the horrible one touch experience on driver side window as well during this visit and insist on a proper fix.
Hope the performance improves moreso with approaching summer
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 13:09   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
I plan to bring up the horrible one touch experience on driver side window as well during this visit and insist on a proper fix.
They have an update for that as well. Many have got it permanently fixed across Slavia/Virtus.
RaiAnish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 17:54   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
I received an SMS from VWSERV that this update is now available for my car..
I got this SMS too. I also got a call from the service center asking me to book an appointment for the update. Since I'm not facing any problem per se with my AC, I told them I'd get this done during my 6 month checkup which is another 2 months away. Also, I didn't want to make another visit to the SC (this would be my 3rd one) for a non-issue and become another statistic among the VAG owners whose cars visit the SC too many times a year.
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 11:56   #1793

Quote:

Have fixed the service slot for this Friday morning. Let's see how it goes.
Hi asmr, I got this message too. Please do update whether you see any improvements once you have completed the service. Thanks in advance.

I tried calling the given toll free number to find out exactly what they are going to fix. The call centre person was totally clueless - they asked me l sorts of questions about my name, email ID, phone number, car number, chassis number, VIN, in short, they wanted to do a full KYC!!!! I got really irritated and shouted at the poor fellow (no fault of his, I guess) that for answering my one question, you want to me to answer 20 questions???!! Finally he said I would have to call my service centre to find out. Then why did they give the toll free number in the first place? They could have simply said contact your nearest (or preferred) service centre.

Sorry for the rant!
jaykayess is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 17:15   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
I got this SMS too... become another statistic among the VAG owners whose cars visit the SC too many times a year.
I completely understand the sentiment. Anyway, your service is anyway around the corner. So it makes sense to not run one more trip to the SC. But, if the AC seems fine, hope the software update doesn't degrade the performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayess View Post
Hi asmr, I got this message too. Please do update whether you see any improvements once you have completed the service. Thanks in advance.

... They could have simply said contact your nearest (or preferred) service centre.

Sorry for the rant!
Yes, I got this update done on Friday, along with a thorough check on noise sources since the car cabin gets a bit noisy with with thuds and creaks when on bad roads.

It so happens that the weather in Chennai has been changing from hot to pleasant rapidly in the past few days but on my office commute today, I felt that the ACC did a good job compared to my previous experience. I didn't have to start the seat ventilation. I will wait for few more weeks to pass final judgement on the AC fix that has been done.

The driver window one touch seems to have been fixed for good in this update. I checked it several times and it didn't fail even once. Hopefully it stays that way.

On the toll free number topic - the last 2 times I called them to either clarify something or register a complaint, they simply created a ticket that is passed on to the dealer. My impression is that VW customer support is basically a paper pushing organization and not meant for serious query resolution.

The only good thing that happens is this: when the dealer/service center is assigned the issue via VW CS team, the CRM team at the dealer end springs in to action. I was even told, albeit in not so many words, to reach out to them directly and not bother with the VW support team.
asmr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:17   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
if the AC seems fine, hope the software update doesn't degrade the performance.
Ok, now you have me worried

I forgot to mention that my car has the manual AC and not the auto climate control. So not sure how much of a difference this update will really make to its performance.
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 20:00   #1796
BHPian

Taigun 1.5 GT DSG Mileage

I've now driven my Taigun GT DSG over 8500 km, and I seem to be getting dismal milage figues and wanted to check with other Taigun GTDSG owners if thats the same for you please?

In the city, I get between 7.5 -9 KMPL

On the highway, when I drive fast, I am getting 12-13 KMPL

On "mileage tests" where I drive sedately over 50 or 100 km, speed under 80-90 KMPH, I am getting 15-16 KMPL.

Been using XP 95.

Is this the same for you guys or is my car a guzzler than needs to be checked up?

Thanks for your time!!
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 08:12   #1797
BHPian

Re: Taigun 1.5 GT DSG Mileage

Quote:
I've now driven my Taigun GT DSG over 8500 km, and I seem to be getting dismal milage figues and wanted to check with other Taigun GTDSG owners if thats the same for you please?

In the city, I get between 7.5 -9 KMPL

On the highway, when I drive fast, I am getting 12-13 KMPL

On "mileage tests" where I drive sedately over 50 or 100 km, speed under 80-90 KMPH, I am getting 15-16 KMPL.

Been using XP 95.

Is this the same for you guys or is my car a guzzler than needs to be checked up?

Thanks for your time!!
I have done 16k with 1.0 AT. Am getting avg of 10 in city and minimum of 16 on highway. Iam a sedate driver and rarely crossed 120 on highway. Sudden acceleration or braking is a strict no no for me. Been using a mix of XP95 and normal fuel. 90% of fueling is done from IOC coco or reputed bunks.
prabhu7944 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 11:52   #1798
BHPian

Re: Taigun 1.5 GT DSG Mileage

Quote:

Thanks for your time!!
Hi,

We have a Kushaq 1L MT and Virtus GT and we have never experienced such low numbers. For our Virtus GT, I am extremely happy with the mileage figures-10 in extreme Pune city traffic and minimum 17+ on highways(got 22.3 KMPL for Pune to Mumbai stretch). I am not a sedate driver and love to revv whenever I get a chance so these mileage figures are very satisfying.

I would suggest to get your car checked once. Even the 1L TSI in our Kushaq gives 11-12 in city and 16-18 on highways if driven till 120 KMPH and not beyond consistently.
tsi_niks1989 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 12:37   #1799
BHPian

Could any Taigun 1.5 GT DSG owners share their experience on mileage please so I have some concrete data when I go to service center?

On a recent mileage test where I drove about 30 km at 80 kmph, I got 19.5

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 26th March 2023 at 13:04.
Old 26th March 2023, 17:55   #1800

Booked VW Taigun 1.0L TSI MT Topline....Waiting for the delivery

Hi,
I just booked a Taigun 1.0L TSI MT Topline with the VW dealer in Mysore.
The Delivery is expected on 31st March. It is an upgrade from Ford Figo 1.4L Duratorq Diesel which is a 2012 model. Two of its injectors were failed and had to be replaced. Cranking motor also developed some snags. The ODO clocked 91K. But I still love that car. It's a fun to drive car still. I still use it for my office commute in Mysore and once in a month trip to my home in Calicut, Kerala through the Bandipur, Nagarhole, Muthumalai sanctuary stretch and Thamarassery ghat sections....The upgrade was necessary because of the growing safety concerns. I will share my VW purchase experience with felow TPHPians as I too have benefitted a lot from this website with the forum discussions. Thanks.
bijumgopal is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks