Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 17:17   #1306
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hi All

I am in the process of buying the 1.5TSI DSG Style. I have seen the car in the flesh and really like it. Reminds me of my old car "Ford Fusion". This will be my first automatic car. Looking forward to it. I have a few questions on the price break up

On the price break up, the quote i have is as follows

The item Drive Assure Elite consists of Drive Assure Economy plus 4 more line items

1. Engine protector for water ingression - I understand this is primarily against flooding in parking areas. Does it also cover damage due to water ingression while driving in flooded roads ?

2. Alloy Wheel Damage - I guess this is stuctural

3. Return to Invoice (Vehicle Replacement) - Any idea about this ? Under what conditions is this applicable

4. Personal Accident Coverage - This is already part of Insurance + my company LIC. So i can forgo this

Accessory Kit - The only thing would be mud flaps, door mats and side curtains which are important. The rest can be got at a later time i think and from outside

Insurance - I am getting an insurance quote from outside for 50k including GST. I will check if Skoda can match it, else i will pick it up from outside. The difference is about 15k

I am planning to take the extended warranty 5/6 year and the Standard Maintenance Package for 4 years. I think it is prudent to go with it. The SMP is interesting as it covers most of the consumables in service. Do i need to watch out for anything on this ?

Please do let me know the best way forward with the above items
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kushaq 1.5 TSI - 27.07.2021.pdf (636.0 KB, 419 views)
Old 16th August 2021, 18:13   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post

1. Engine protector for water ingression - I understand this is primarily against flooding in parking areas. Does it also cover damage due to water ingression while driving in flooded roads ?

2. Alloy Wheel Damage - I guess this is stuctural
Alloy Wheel Damage - I guess this is structural->There are some conditions to it. Generally, it includes any damage incurred to alloys during an accident. Regular damage might not be included.

Return to Invoice (Vehicle Replacement) - Any idea about this? Under what conditions is this applicable->Only applicable if the vehicle is considered as a Total Loss during an accident or due to a natural calamity. Most of the insurance providers offer it for the 1st 3 years and since Kushaq is a considerable investment I would suggest going for this add-on.
Old 16th August 2021, 18:27   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Alloy Wheel Damage -
Return to Invoice (Vehicle Replacement) - Any idea about this? Under what conditions is this applicable->Only applicable if the vehicle is considered as a Total Loss during an accident or due to a natural calamity. Most of the insurance providers offer it for the 1st 3 years and since Kushaq is a considerable investment I would suggest going for this add-on.
Thanks Artyom. However, this is not part of insurance by Skoda, but a separate line item. Also, is it imperative since with my last 2 vehicles i have never encountered this. If this covers only accident or natural calamity, wouldnt the GI provider cover the same ?
Old 16th August 2021, 18:53   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Thanks Artyom. However, this is not part of insurance by Skoda, but a separate line item. Also, is it imperative since with my last 2 vehicles i have never encountered this. If this covers only accident or natural calamity, wouldnt the GI provider cover the same ?
Under RTI you get the Total Invoice amount what you paid while buying the vehicle as againt the IDV value which you get in the regular insurance.I hope that answers the question.Its like Term insurance.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 11:03   #1310

SMP_Terms_Conditions.pdf

Sharing the skoda kushaq supercare Terms and conditions here for any prospective buyers
I purchased the standard option for 25k
Old 18th August 2021, 12:00   #1311
BHPian

Kushaq owners - did you receive any maintenance schedule booklet at the time of purchase indicating scheduled replacements/service ?

My dealer is clueless , but usually I've always received one when purchasing a new car.

Also , how do you activate Skoda connect for Kushaq ? Downloaded the app, but it says contact your dealer.
And of course dealer is unaware !
Old 18th August 2021, 12:42   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Kushaq owners - did you receive any maintenance schedule booklet at the time of purchase indicating scheduled replacements/service ?

My dealer is clueless , but usually I've always received one when purchasing a new car.

Also , how do you activate Skoda connect for Kushaq ? Downloaded the app, but it says contact your dealer.
No service booklet is given, dealer said everything will be visible on "My Skoda App" and it is visible in my case, my scheduled date. Invoice will also attach at the time of billing in app.

For Skoda Connect, did they attach Jio device to your car, they called me few days later after delivery for installation of device, and got it activated by calling someone, once it gets activated, then you will be able to login into My Skoda Connect.

Last edited by maverickNerd : 18th August 2021 at 12:43. Reason: Typo Correction
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 12:56   #1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post

I did not get any such booklet. The app was activated by the dealer at the time of delivery. They had a dedicated person for that.
lalsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 14:14   #1314
Distinguished - BHPian

ŠKODA KUSHAQ: Head of ŠKODA Design Oliver Stefani explains

Skoda Kushaq Review-dsc_63731440x960.jpg

Quote:
“The KUSHAQ retains all the important elements that we use on all our cars,” says Stefani.

The interior of the KUSHAQ SUV then ties in beautifully with the car’s exterior and, like the exterior, immediately evokes a feeling of spaciousness. Here, too, you’ll find typical ŠKODA features, such as the touchscreen display set on a pronounced line, whose practical design lets it serve as a rest for your hand when you use the touchscreen. There’s a two-spoke ŠKODA steering wheel, and also a special feature in the form of a little well for a talisman.

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2021 at 14:17.
Old 18th August 2021, 14:56   #1315

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing good here. Been an extensive read on this thread and finally decided to go for the 1.5DSG model of Kushaq over the taigun GT+ trim which seems to be significantly priced more and with a lot of feature cuts.
srinivas794 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:27   #1316
Team-BHP Support

Skoda's new ad takes direct inspiration from an old TATA Safari one.

Looks like 'Choose what matters' is just another take on 'Reclaim your life'.

The original -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 16:58   #1317

1st Skoda Kushaq running on CNG, the Indian CNG jugad continues. 😀

https://www-carblogindia-com.cdn.amp...unning-cost%2F
Old 18th August 2021, 22:19   #1318

Took my 1.0 Ambition AT for its first long drive on Sunday. Before the purchase I was in a dilemma whether to go for the 1.0 AT or spend 2L more and go for the 1.5 Manual. Review after review was saying 1.5 is the engine to go for. Happy to report that I am perfectly satisfied with the performance of the 1.0. The engine didn't feel underpowered at all. And there is the sports mode for a little more spirited driving. So I kept the 2L with me and didn't lose the convenience of the AT. (Disclaimer: I am on the wrong side of 50 )
lalsam is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 11:47   #1319
BHPian

My cousin is considering the Kushaq and he is contemplating between the 1.5 turbo and the 1.0 turbo. Here is what he is concerned about.

Quote:
I am contemplating between 1.0 AT and 1.5DSG. I generally like to keep my car for atleast 8-10 years. I still own a 2005 Toyota Corolla which is in top condition. Anyway it’s a Toyota from pre cost cutting era so the car might even outlive me . For the Skoda Kushaq I want to know what could be the life and longetivity issues of the 1.0 turbo engine. For a car around 1300kg the 1.0 turbo seems to be over worked and strained to capacity. In this new tune more power is being extracted over the polo gt tune. So further over worked engine.

Will it be better to own a 1.5 turbo over 1.0 turbo?
NerdyMillennial is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 14:17   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyMillennial View Post
My cousin is considering the Kushaq and he is contemplating between the 1.5 turbo and the 1.0 turbo. Here is what he is concerned about.
1.0L TSi shouldn’t be strained as per reviews, but then it’s rightly said, ‘there is no replacement for displacement’. Plus one extra cylinder on offer.
In such scenario, it’s best to go with 1.5L TSi if budget is not an issue. 6 year warranty (4+2) and 9 years RSA (4+5)will help in long ownership peace.
GautamJ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks