Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2021, 11:53   #1276
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI Fuel Efficiency Figures Revealed

ARAI Certified Fuel Efficiency of 17.95 kmpl.

Most Efficient Engine in Kushaq Lineup

Attachment 2192387
Wonder what the scenario was when they did the test. That is, the mix of city and highway driving as the point being made is about the ACT technology's efficacy.

Going by this ARAI certified figure, the 1.5 supposedly betters the 1.0 manual, even if marginally. Guess the real world figures will tell a different story. It won't be easy to drive the 1.5 such that you can return that kind of mileage!
Old 13th August 2021, 12:55   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI deliveries begin

Skoda has announced that deliveries of the Kushaq 1.5L TSI have commenced. This variant will now be available for test drives at all Skoda dealerships across India.

Skoda Kushaq Review-koda-kushaq-1.5l-tsi.jpg

The Kushaq was launched on June 28, 2021. The crossover is available with two turbo-petrol engine options. These include a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder TSI that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder TSI that puts out 148 BHP @ 5,000-6,000 rpm and 250 Nm @ 1,600-3,500 rpm.

The latter gets Active Cylinder Technology (ACT), which automatically shuts down two cylinders when the engine load is low. The cylinder liners get a thin powder-coated layer of 0.15 mm. This is said to reduce internal friction and thermal load on the engine.

While a 6-speed manual transmission is offered as standard, the 1.0L engine gets a 6-speed automatic option and the 1.5L motor comes with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.

The 1.5L TSI engine is offered in two variants - Style MT and Style DSG priced at Rs. 16.19 lakh and Rs. 17.59 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 13th August 2021 at 12:59.
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 13:13   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI Fuel Efficiency Figures Revealed

ARAI Certified Fuel Efficiency of 17.95 kmpl.

Most Efficient Engine in Kushaq Lineup
Quite surprising. The other figures are:
  • 1.0 TSI MT - 17.88 KPL
  • 1.0 TSI AT - 15.78 KPL
  • 1.5 TSi MT - 17.95 KPL
  • 1.5 TSI AT - 17.71 KPL

So the 1.5 TSI variants are more fuel efficient than the 1.0 TSI variants both in MT and AT!

This may be down to ACT to some extent, but could also be because the 1.0 TSI may be operating at higher RPMs than desirable, in order to lug a heavy vehicle with a somewhat boxy shape. When small turbo-petrol's are stressed, they nosedive on fuel efficiency.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 13:16   #1279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Wonder what the scenario was when they did the test. That is, the mix of city and highway driving as the point being made is about the ACT technology's efficacy.
The scenario is ARAIs testing lab which would test the car at a constant speed, and thats where the ACT would come into picture and reduce fuel consumption. In real world, the FE would highly vary depending on driving condition. The more constantly it is driven, the FE would perhaps cross the 1.0. But the more you push it, the lesser it would go to.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 13:18   #1280
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI deliveries begin

Got a call from Sales person in Mahadevpura Bangalore, he informed early next week 1.5 DSG would be available for test drive.

Last edited by drivingmelody : 13th August 2021 at 13:25.
drivingmelody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 13:37   #1281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The scenario is ARAIs testing lab which would test the car at a constant speed, and thats where the ACT would come into picture and reduce fuel consumption. In real world, the FE would highly vary depending on driving condition. The more constantly it is driven, the FE would perhaps cross the 1.0. But the more you push it, the lesser it would go to.
Matches with our observations too. In fact, the easiest way to see the ACT in constant action is to engage cruise control.

Also from BHPian sagwal's posts on the TRoc, it is very evident that the 1.5 TSI is capable of delivering these ARAI numbers (or higher) if driven at speeds of around 80 kmph.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 16:07   #1282
BHPian

I saw the Skoda Kushaq 1.5 Manual today. The dealer bought it home while going back from a test drive to his dealership. The vehicle reminds me of the Ford Fusion in terms of look and stance. The Fusion back in 2005 was way ahead of its time and was a beauty to drive with its 1.6l engine

Coming to the Kushaq, a couple of things the sales rep told me about the 1.5 DSG trim

1. 2 air bags - which was pretty much known
2. No TPMS in the top DSG trim
3. Rain sensing wipers present

While point 1 is known, i dint know about point 2 and 3. I am a bit taken aback by the lack of TPMS which seems to be a good safety feature to have. Any after market fit of TPMS will void the warranty and one would not want to void any warranty on the vehicle

This seems to be the only downside as far as the vehicle is concerned. This will be our second vehicle probably standing next to the Storme which has been brilliant for the last 8 years now.

Are there any options to have TPMS set up without voiding the warranty. If there is something, then i would most likely prefer the Kushaq. Ofcourse the Taigun is probably the other one to consider. Creta is out thanks to the long waiting period and Kia thanks to the safety issues. I drove my sis in law's Kia GT line and was not very inspired by road handling

Thoughts ?
Old 13th August 2021, 16:27   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Are there any options to have TPMS set up without voiding the warranty.
Just buy Bluetooth TPMS off Amazon. No electrical connections , so doesn't void warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20210813162351_amazon.jpg  

JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 16:35   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Are there any options to have TPMS set up without voiding the warranty.
Thoughts ?
Would setting up an after market TPMS void your warranty? Most of them just have external or internal sensors (which no manufacturer can claim to be the cause of any tyre or suspension related issues) and either use an external display (connected to your 12V accessory port + solar powered) or your smartphone to display the data.

Don't think you will face warranty issues for this setup?

Did you mean TPMS systems that somehow integrate with the Infotainment system? If so, I would be more concerned about software compatibility ( I have only heard of some TPMS systems that have apps that can run off those generic Chinese Android systems) first.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 17:19   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are there any options to have TPMS set up without voiding the warranty. If there is something, then i would most likely prefer the Kushaq.

Thoughts ?
Like others said I doubt after market TPMS will void the warranty. It is just a sensor and the display will be in your mobile. Its one among the easiest and useful update that you can do.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 17:46   #1286
BHPian

Would like to ask the 1.0 TSI AT owners. What is the initial mileage figure from the car mainly in the cities?
Old 13th August 2021, 17:59   #1287
BHPian

Looks like Kushaq will be getting the automatic option on the entry level variant as well. This should be below 15L OTR.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...tion-27602.htm
Old 13th August 2021, 18:16   #1288
BHPian

Hi Folks

Any 'detailed' reviews (first hand experience) on 1.0 AT driving experience

I am planning to relocate to Mumbai and given that I may be required to pay road tax on my 2.5 year old aspire (D), I am exploring to sell aspire and get a new car on company lease.

I am also planning a TD next weekend but would love to hear expert's opinion. And yes, would be great if we have 1.0 AT driving covered as part of official review

Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 22:59   #1289
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI deliveries begin

Wish they offered the 1.5L in the mid trim as well, would have made is a bit more accessible at ~17L.

I drove the Duster 1.3 earlier, and was blown away by the mad acceleration it offers along with the stable drive. Assuming the Skoda/VW pair will be at par if not better.
Old 14th August 2021, 10:45   #1290
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is where the Kushaq slots in the most contested mid SUV segment considering July sale/dispatches!

Skoda Kushaq Review-1.jpg

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks