Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 20:58   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Do write to Skoda customer care and ask for the refund of the full amount, with interest at current market rates, for every day from the day that you have confirmed the cancellation, to the day that they process your cheque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Local sales person had asked time till today to process the refund and as expected they did not. I just wrote an email to Zac Hollis and skoda customer care. Let me see what their response is. I request other members to stay away from EVM group (dealer).

I had bad experience with VW and now Skoda. I am happy that I did not buy any of their vehicles.
I did the same as neil.jericho suggested. Wrote an email to Skoda customer care on Friday late night explaining the issue with details and to refund the booking amount with interest. They took it up with the dealer and processed the refund Saturday morning.
Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:25   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Wrote an email to Skoda customer care on Friday late night explaining the issue with details and to refund the booking amount with interest. They took it up with the dealer and processed the refund Saturday morning.
Good that you got your money back, but I see there is lots of room for improvement in customer service areas in Skoda India(dealers). It's not a scalable model if every booking, every cancellation, every service request needs attention from Skoda India sales director.

I recently cancelled my Ecosport booking. Cancellation process was, as smooth as booking process. Literally 2 calls, 1 email(with cancelled cheque scan), 3 Whatsapp messages involved in the cancellation process. Sales advisor Arun in Cauvery ford can be a role model for the entire Skoda sales team, at least in Bangalore.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 8th August 2021 at 21:27.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:55   #1263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did the same as neil.jericho suggested. Wrote an email to Skoda customer care on Friday late night explaining the issue with details and to refund the booking amount with interest. They took it up with the dealer and processed the refund Saturday morning.
Latheesh, its great that you finally got your money back. But its unfortunate that it took your email to Skoda for this to happen. I can only imagine how many other owners are helplessly waiting for their money to be returned, and they wont know that they can get it back with interest.

To be honest, in Cochin, I hear a lot of complaints about the EVM group and how buying and servicing cars in their dealerships is a hassle.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 06:25   #1264
BHPian

I just went through the first page again looking for the standard specification comparison chart, comparing the car under review with other similar cars. It seems to be missing. It would be great if it could be added, right on the main review, not on later pages.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 08:40   #1265
BHPian

Looks like 1.5TSI customer deliveries are going to start. Received a call from my dealer that the car is in transit and can come over the weekend to do the PDI. Surprisingly, Skoda hasn`t announced the official ARAI figures yet and also TD cars are yet to be made available for customers at dealers due to pending paper works. I hope I should be able to take a proper test drive before my car is ready for delivery.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 11th August 2021 at 08:42.
Old 11th August 2021, 08:57   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
. I hope I should be able to take a proper test drive before my car is ready for delivery.
If you are in Bangalore, Check with Skoda dealer at Silk Board Junction. They seem to have 1.5 DSG for test drive.

Last edited by ajmat : 11th August 2021 at 22:30. Reason: I think you meant Silk Board Junction
drivingmelody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 10:59   #1267
BHPian

O boy! This was fast enough...

*In no way associated with the seller
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-capture1.png  

Shome is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 11:12   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
I cancelled my Kushaq booking on 12th July. Dealer is EVM Skoda Kannur (Main dealer is EVM Calicut).
If you don't mind sharing, what was the reason to cancel?. Was it the car or the dealer?. I am asking because I was exploring the option of Kushaq for my FIL, who resides in Kannur. Thank you in advance.
Old 11th August 2021, 12:10   #1269
Senior - BHPian

@Deep_blue My budget was 12-13L OTR and Kushaq variant comes in this budget is Active which misses few things (rear wash wipe and defogger) and has ugly looking infotainment. My plan was to go for higher variant after the price announcement. Ambition is overpriced according to me and goes beyond my already stretched budget.

Few other reasons:
There is no proper dealership in Kannur and service center is not ready yet.
They could not even get display car after the official launch (it took them 2 weeks)

I went for Honda City V manual for almost the same budget as Kushaq Active.

If your budget is high and after sales service expectation is low go for Kushaq higher variant.

Last edited by Latheesh : 11th August 2021 at 12:12.
Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 16:15   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Looks like 1.5TSI customer deliveries are going to start. Received a call from my dealer that the car is in transit and can come over the weekend to do the PDI. Surprisingly, Skoda hasn`t announced the official ARAI figures yet and also TD cars are yet to be made available for customers at dealers due to pending paper works. I hope I should be able to take a proper test drive before my car is ready for delivery.
While getting my Octavia serviced from Tafe Access there was a Kushaq 1 TSI test drive vehicle for service. During casual talk the sales executive mentioned both 1.5 MT and AT test drives are available at Tafe HSR and can be booked a day prior

Last edited by sunikkat : 11th August 2021 at 16:16.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 19:53   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
@Deep_blue

If your budget is high and after sales service expectation is low go for Kushaq higher variant.
I am looking at the Ambition or Style 1 TSI AT. Waiting for the Taigun too. Service is indeed going to be a problem. I have to otherwise get it to Mangalore as I have some rapport with Tafe access here.
Old 12th August 2021, 10:49   #1272
BHPian

46 days is all that it took for Kushaq review to hit 1 million views! Is this the fastest?

I am sure Zac and his team are keeping a tab on comments here and can understand pulse of people and their expectations or at least the misses by Kushaq especially the 6 Air bag for 1.0 AT.
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:20   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
I recently cancelled my Ecosport booking. Cancellation process was, as smooth as booking process.
Hello Sir, I am in the market for a Petrol car & looking at Ecosport, if its okay can you help with the reason for cancelling Ecosport booking, is it due to Ford India's future?
Old 13th August 2021, 10:25   #1274
Distinguished - BHPian

The Entry-Level Skoda Kushaq Will Get An Automatic Option.

Expect many more variants to be added as updates in the coming year!

Quote:
An automatic variant of the entry-level Active variant would likely be priced at around Rs 12 lakh, which would still make it more affordable than the Ambition-MT variant. This would make it one of the most affordable automatic options in the compact SUV segment
A recent registration document reveals that the entry-level Active variant will soon get that choice too.

Skoda Kushaq Review-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th August 2021 at 10:46.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 11:21   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI Fuel Efficiency Figures Revealed

ARAI Certified Fuel Efficiency of 17.95 kmpl.

Most Efficient Engine in Kushaq Lineup

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20210813_111933.jpg
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks