Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:35   #691

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My family (4 adults+1 kid) all are under 5'5" (165 cm) and weigh between 50-63 Kg. Overall space looks OK but with child seat in place rear cannot accommodate 2 small adults. Kushaq has 3 point seat belt in the middle and we need to check whether child seat can be installed in the middle without intruding much in to 2 side passenger area. Looks like head room and shoulder room are 2 main concerns in Kushaq.
I was also wondering whether child seat can be installed in the middle. Going to check out the car in person tomorrow, will update if I get useful information from the Skoda staff.
vbd316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:52   #692
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpians.

Finally checked the KUSHAQ out in person today.Below are likes/dislikes.

Exterior feels premium just like a Skoda should. Paint quality is exceptional.
The showroom had 3 colours
Silver,white and orange
The car looked stunning in silver.
Halogen fog bulb looks odd for such beautiful car.
No other complaints exterior wise.
Some observations at the interior.
Dashboard layout is clean not too busy.

1.As soon as you step inside you are greeted by the cheap/ too squishy seat cushioning. (How did Skoda get this wrong?!) Other customer at the showroom felt that too.( Style varient)
2.A/c vents felt flimsy too. Fit and finish By no way Skoda standard.
3.Camera resolution is the worst would rank it below Mg hector.
4.Sunroof is small and has exposed mechanism. Looks like it's Given just for the sake of competition.
5. The frontal roof dangles from inside when you press it. (Check it out for yourself)
But you do feel protected inside the cabin though.
6. Steering feels good to hold onto.

Coming at the back seat knee room is adequate for 6 ft adults. but width wise strictly for two adults. The middle seat somehow protrudes much outside the other seats and will make side passenger uncomfortable also the middle seat felt like sitting on a wood ( it is hard, not exaggerating). And your head will touch the roof if you opt for sunroof varient. (I am 6'1)
To sum it up if you are in market for an compact suv with budget max 16L go ahead with this car.

Anything above 17L for a car with this level fit&finish, back seat space and features & engine option is just not justified.
Apart from that the SA at aurangabad had 0 knowledge of the car. Neither did the care to attend us.
Untill the Ncap results are out your best bet is Ambition varient.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd July 2021 at 21:05. Reason: Please use paragraph space for better readability. Thanks.
Sanket299 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:54   #693
Senior - BHPian

Looks awesome isn't it? Mini COMPAS vibe!

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd July 2021 at 20:55.
Latheesh is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:00   #694
BHPian

Quote:
In Style you get (1.8L over Ambition):
====
few minor exterior and interior features
I have taken the liberty to edit the list you have painstakingly taken the trouble to put up, to make it a list of what I feel makes that extra ₹1.80 lakh meaningful to me. I understand that to others that extra buck comes with meaningless bang.
I was wondering if the safety concerns were indeed so real and large to make me spend the ₹1.0 lakh extra to move from the Sonet GTX+ D-AT, as these features already exist in the Sonet. The drive quality of the Sonet D-AT and its mileage is earning a lot of praise as I can see. I’m an actual real life buyer and these doubts are eating me up

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd July 2021 at 21:03. Reason: Trimming quoted post for better readability. Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:20   #695
BHPian

Checked out the car today. The dealer had 2 cars, both Style variant. One was Orange and the other was Silver. The car looks good from the outside. Paint quality is really good and panel gaps are consistent throughout. It does look a bit disproportionate from the side as it feels like the boot ends abruptly.

Doors close with a solid thud. Once inside, the dashboard design looks good and the steering wheel feels nice to hold. As pointed out by others, the roofliner around the sunroof area is of poor quality and even the sunroof mechanism is exposed. AC vents (especially the side ones) feel very flimsy. Plastic quality is on par with the Koreans and is par for the course for this segment.

The Rear Seat is what really kills this car. Legroom is very good, but that's where the positives end. It is a strict 4 seater and it is nearly impossible to sit comfortably 3 abreast. I would say it was comparable to our current Ecosport which is already very tight in the rear. The next problem is by scooping out the roof to increase headroom, the non-scooped out part of the roof comes in the eyeline of tall people. I am 6' 2" and while I had enough headroom and legroom, I felt cooped in because of the roof line. Middle seat is very hard and raised as well, so headroom will definitely be an issue.

The boot was bigger than expected. It is nice and deep and well shaped. Only the loading lip is a bit too high. This is definitely not a proper premium Skoda offering. The new octavia which was also present in the showroom was much much more premium feeling. I'd say this is on par if not slightly worse than a Rapid when it comes to interior fit and finish.

Couldn't get a test drive as I went close to the closing time. Will do it sometime next week. But from what I saw, this is a good choice for individuals or small families. If 5 people are to travel regularly, this is most definitely not the right choice.

Last edited by rahulcmoulee : 2nd July 2021 at 21:34.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:30   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Red looks super hot. Wow!!!
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:38   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I don't know what most people think, but as someone who enjoys driving cars and in an enthusiast forum, we are more discussing features and options rather than driving dynamics, best of great driving cars we have in each segments and essentially, where we get the most 'joy in driving'.

We have to remember that our responses here is exactly what Hyundai and Kia would be thrilled to see and love to read. They want us to keep focus on how long and wide the sunroof is, how the camera feed when we flip the indicator stalk, etc. (and I'm not even saying great driving cars have to be devoid of any comfort features).

Kushaq has a major, major flaw (no 6 airbags on Style AT), but if we're more concerned of the roof liner and not having bigger sunroof, then we'll only get such type of products in the market. And slowly become 'feature fans' instead of driving enthusiasts. We then cannot be surprised or claim we don't have good driving cars anymore, years from now.

Just something we can all think about..?
I'm pretty certain, most of us here talk cars, it's an enthusiast thing. Kia and Hyundai don't care what we think, an average of 20k customers a month means they're doing it right. The lane watch feature you mentioned is not a gimmick or bling, it's a proper safety device. Skoda cars come with bling/gimmicks, it's their stock in trade,take that away and the customer has no reason to consider the product.

The handling of the Creta is not that of the 2011 Verna, Hyundai has come a long way, at legal speeds, the skoda doesn't have a discernible advantage. The whole contempt for features stand is simply posturing, features are the single defining aspect of pricing, more features mean better looks in all modern cars, they're critical to a good ownership experience for most people.

There is an appeal to European cars, I don't deny that, but not for the mass market, the Kushaq is no Octavia RS. The service network tilts the decision in most cases, outside the urban centers, the koreans are planning an aggressive expansion in the coming years, and they're already ahead.
avira_tk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 22:33   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Creta vs Kushaq - Comparision by MotorOctane https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Kd5I2E6RQU8
Off topic, but this is one of the worst piece of video auto journalism I have seen.
Do these guys not review it or edit it before releasing? So much inaccurate information, grammatical errors, misstatements.
Clear case of complete QC bypass in order to get the first mover advantage. May get more views but not many repeat viewers in future videos.
VS1811 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 22:48   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
I was wondering if the safety concerns were indeed so real and large to make me spend the ₹1.0 lakh extra to move from the Sonet GTX+ D-AT, as these features already exist in the Sonet. The drive quality of the Sonet D-AT and its mileage is earning a lot of praise as I can see. I’m an actual real life buyer and these doubts are eating me up
Please do drive both and make a call based on your usage, expected total cost of ownership (including resale), and what your heart wants. If a particular car tugs your heartstrings then these comparisons are rendered meaningless!

Last edited by nitkel : 2nd July 2021 at 22:55.
nitkel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:09   #700
BHPian

Would just like to clear some air on the topic of Kushaq automatic with just 2 airbags and expectation on 4/5 star GNCAP ratings if and when tested.

At the onset just let me say, it is a foolish decision to skimp on 6 airbags especially if the manual top variant gets it, looks to be purely dictated by the bean counter guys.

Coming to the main point, its very much possible to score a 4/5 star in GNCAP with just 2-airbags. Many have done it in the past, wouldn't be surprised if Kushaq achieves it.

The point to be noted is that GNCAP is actually one of the least severe of the NCAP tests done and performs the side impact only with a Mobile-Deformable-Barrier (MDB) and skips on the much sever pole impact test.

In theory it is impossible for any vehicle with just 2 airbags to safely pass the side pole test.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-altroz5s.png  

Skoda Kushaq Review-xuv5s.png  

Skoda Kushaq Review-spole.png  

Gaur is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:51   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
This may be off topic and I'll stop with this point. India already generates 38% of its energy from renewable sources. The last year has shown a huge jump in that percentage. Also moving air pollution away from cities is certainly a good thing.

Nexon EV's Chennai OTR price is only 15 lakhs and gives comparable performance, space and comfort to a car a lot more expensive. Our government gives us many monetary incentives to buy one too. Kushaq 1.5 DSG will cost upwards of 20 lakhs OTR Chennai.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rene...nergy_in_India
I dont know why people are picking on you. Adding to that initial stat on renewables, coal plants are itself more efficient than internal combustion engines.

If you are in the market for a second car, an EV should be seriously considered.
lina is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 00:24   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Kerala price list of Kushaq.
I would suggest people from Kerala to wait for 1 month as Kerala Flood CESS (K.F.C) is about to end this month (31st July 2021) and you could save that unnecessary expense.
arif_t01 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 02:11   #703
BHPian

These choices are very subjective and all of us have different needs. Some buy expensive 2 seaters and some prefer 7 seaters like Ertiga. Even under 21L OTR, you can get different variants of Alcazar/Safari/Hector+. If you feel that you need the 5th seat or would like to keep that option then Kushaq is not for you.
You can find 10 reasons to not buy a Kushaq over Creta/Seltos if you are looking for them. This forum is for enthusiasts and since when the lack of 360 camera and powered front seats became so important that you trade a better (even if it’s marginal) driving experience for them. BMW X1 lacks so many features and maintenance packages are insanely expensive when compared to Mercedes GLA but still does well.
Test drive Kushaq and do what your heart says coz if you think rationally then a 21L “C”SUV doesn’t make any sense to start with, yet here we are !!
Historically, fun to drive cars have been relatively naked.
Those who are going with Koreans must be having their reasons which I completely understand. But strange to see ppl who have already booked or own a Korean car trying to justify their decision. The need to justify is a dead giveaway.
curiousnewbie is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 07:04   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/-5w1j6l2kuo
https://Youtu.be/0f9s9dHy3Io
The red looks hot. My choice would be red or silver for this car. Carbon silver will be difficult to maintain. White does not look as good as other colours.

I love the looks of this car. The paint finish looks great compared to the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post

I would say it was comparable to our current Ecosport which is already very tight in the rear. The next problem is by scooping out the roof to increase headroom, the non-scooped out part of the roof comes in the eyeline of tall people. I am 6' 2" and while I had enough headroom and legroom.
The limited head room at the rear was quite evident in the initial walkaround videos. The youtube reviews on launch confirmed this fear, so rear space was the deal breaker for me as I am 6' 2" tall and my children are also tall.

It is a promising product by Skoda. Hope Skoda will correct the goof ups in interior quality, basic features (especially rear camera, underbody protection) and top variant safety features. Even at a premium, there will be buyers for this product who prefer the value proposition of Skoda compared to competition. They should not dilute the brand in the name of localisation/ cost cutting.
Old 3rd July 2021, 07:08   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

It is a promising product by Skoda. Hope Skoda will correct the goof ups in interior quality, basic features (especially rear camera, underbody protection) and top variant safety features.
Few posts back there was a reference to Zac’s tweet where he confirmed the presence of underbody protection in all models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks