Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2021, 21:06   #541
rpm
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
While I do appreciate your honest feedback, I don't really have too much of a choice! My office is now at Noida and I live in Gurgaon and that leads to 100+ km of driving everyday. So my choice has to be Diesel Auto for one........
Would it be possible to list out a few more of your requirements and whether you're averse to considering sedans altogether?
From what I currently understand, you need a Diesel AT with 6 airbags, right?
Old 29th June 2021, 21:14   #542
Senior - BHPian

Valet Mode is a nice feature. When this is activated, it's going to tell you if the boot/bonnet/passenger door was opened, and even the top speed/distance traveled when the car was in his care.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 29th June 2021 at 21:18.
Sebring is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 21:20   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
Would it be possible to list out a few more of your requirements and whether you're averse to considering sedans altogether?
From what I currently understand, you need a Diesel AT with 6 airbags, right?
Yes my current requirements are for a Diesel AT car (sedan also ok) with good mileage as I will drive 100+ kms every day. Must be dependable and modern. Budget 15-20lacs is fine.
But in this price range I don't see any options. Hyundai Verna is one option, but I don't like the ride quality of that. I also don't like the Creta (looks wise and safety wise).

I currently own a Skoda Laura (diesel manual) which is excellent but it is now nearing 10 years (in Dec 2021) and is not allowed in NCR. I also own a Jeep Compass diesel (pre facelift) which is now 4 years old.

I was quite keen for the Kushaq but not having 6 airbags on Style versions really disappointed me.

Last edited by Behemoth : 29th June 2021 at 21:24.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 21:43   #544
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
.....Hyundai Verna is one option, but I don't like the ride quality of that...
Oh well, with that, my suggestion also goes into the garbage bin. The only thing it had going for itself was the length advantage and the generous usage of UHSS in its structure by Hyundai, despite being an Indian variant. While UHSS is not a guarantee of better crash rating, it is definitely reassuring when we are grasping at straws.

Thank you for entertaining my request. My best wishes for whichever car you end up choosing.

Last edited by rpm : 29th June 2021 at 22:11.
Old 29th June 2021, 23:01   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post

First things first mate, I didn't say that Kia owners don't care for their families, that's an assumption made by you on my own views and choices. You are free to choose whatever vehicle you like and so am I and I won't choose the Koreans (due to reasons I mentioned), that's it.

A Rapid is far dynamically superior than the Verna, kindly read the likes and dislikes in the official reviews of Team Bhp of both these cars, you'll know. Also, I'm time and again saying that I don't mean any offence to any Hyundai/Kia vehicle owners, my views as I said are based upon what I value more in a car. I didn't insult anyone I believe.
When you make statements like "I care for my family and I prefer le solid VAG cars" it is an absolutely clear dog Whistle. Please don't insult our collective intelligence by pretending you didn't mean what you meant.

You can buy a Lada for all I care, because that's your prerogative but please spare us the "if you care for your family please only buy the car I deem superior"

BTW do you have the gncap results for the kushaq already?

And please enlighten us on just how a Rapid is "dynamically superior" to a Verna, maybe just 2,3 objective points would help a layperson like me.
Stribog is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 23:08   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

And please enlighten us on just how a Rapid is "dynamically superior" to a Verna, maybe just 2,3 objective points would help a layperson like me.
1. Better Ride Quality and Steering
2. Better Power Delivery for the Petrol Variant
3. Structurally better built.
devilwearsprada is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 00:07   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
As per the post in facebook, the plastic panel on the side of the seat is contributing to less width at rear. Don't know if it is the case.

Images from that post.
I am seeing something like this for the first time in a car (may be some premium cars have it but I am not aware). Do other Skoda SUVs have them?Those vertical scoped out cavities on the panels, do they have any function (like resting the seat belt buckles). They are certainly eating up the space (width).
Old 30th June 2021, 00:56   #548
BHPian

Hi All,
My brother in law is planning to upgrade from his 2011 Honda City, and Kushaq is one of the top contenders. An automatic is an absolute must in the next purchase.
Since 1.0 wont be much an upgrade from the City, we plan to go for 1.5 variant. The plan is to keep the car atleast for 10 years.
Would it be a good bet to go for the DSG version or we should look elsewhere. The car will be driven in Delhi NCR, and hence would face lot of traffic jams.
Old 30th June 2021, 01:14   #549
BHPian

I would like to add few points here.

If Skoda India really wants to taste the desired success for their ambitious India 2.0 project, with such initial mixed feedback based on the premium pricing, first of Octavia and now of Kushaq, they simply need to improve on their approach towards their own customers.
No any other short-cut could be helpful, I guess.

Sometimes I think, the recent accident of Kia Seltos near Nagpur might have fuelled some 'extra' confidence within 'Team Skoda' to price Kushaq on higher side in comparison with the competition.

The solid build quality and safe practicality of Skoda cars are in deed much talked about things and also well accepted by the Indian customers by now.
However, to write some long term success stories in real life, Skoda highly needs to work hard on transforming their age-old general public perception regarding high maintenance/ ownership cost and the infamous after sale service.

IMO, Kushaq surely will get sizable number of customers initially and this early response itself would create required buzz to further achieve the sales numbers.
But the key to further success, highly and entirely depends on the approach adopted by the dealerships. Without their customer-friendly impression henceforth, NO any remarkable success is possible for Skoda..
Change is the only constant !

Let's all hope for the best ! 👍
Old 30th June 2021, 01:16   #550
BHPian

Well they say the worst emotion one can display towards someone (or something in this case) is that of indifference.

Judging by the activity on this thread, the Kushaq certainty has people's emotions flowing

Skoda if you are following this thread, do not squander away the amount of attention this car has got. Fix what needs to be fixed and fix it fast!

Regards,
Still a potential customer

Last edited by Romeo_Mike : 30th June 2021 at 01:22.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 01:55   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmanjeet14 View Post
Hi All,
My brother in law is planning to upgrade from his 2011 Honda City, and Kushaq is one of the top contenders. An automatic is an absolute must in the next purchase.
Since 1.0 wont be much an upgrade from the City, we plan to go for 1.5 variant. The plan is to keep the car atleast for 10 years.
Would it be a good bet to go for the DSG version or we should look elsewhere. The car will be driven in Delhi NCR, and hence would face lot of traffic jams.

The DQ200 is a notorious GB, I had my multiclutch swapped recently.

I recommend driving the 1.0 on the rapid, its actually pretty good at power delivery definitely better than the city.

Although I recommend something like a DQ250/381. Dry Clutch DSG is not suited for Neck to Neck Traffic.
devilwearsprada is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 02:10   #552
BHPian

I wish that Skoda provides a boot topper (like Kamiq) as an accessory (or a DIY!) which could offer the following advantages:
  • hides the toolkit, firstaid kit and warning triangle which are an eyesore in a VAG car
  • provides flat floor when rear seats are folded
  • removes load lip for easy loading and unloading
Sorry for the rant again: Couldn't really digest those front seat back cover finish in the below Kushaq image

Skoda Kushaq Review-2021skodakushaq23.jpg
Source: T-BHP review

Skoda Kushaq Review-iwtdunz3cayockhsscek1pc7snubv5kdmk76bqh7.jpg
Source: https://www.eurekar.co.uk

Last edited by gopi_rm : 30th June 2021 at 02:18.
gopi_rm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 06:59   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The biggest deal-breaker to me and my biggest disappointment today is that the automatics have just 2 airbags. I hope Skoda fixes this grave error ASAP.
What was Skoda thinking when they decided to skip additional airbags for AT? May be they felt AT Kushaqs are less prone to crash than MT

On a serious note, they're also smartly taking leaves out of Hyundai/Kia's book. For example, Seltos
diesel AT skipped ESC even for their HTX+ variant which at one stage was the top of the line diesel variant with AT before they brought in the GTX+. An average buyer would never realise such omissions(importance of it too on safety)and that's exactly what these manufacturers cash in.

Having said that, I would happily pay a lakh and half more for Kushaq with ESC and in all possibility a 4 star GNCAP rating. I own a 2019 D AT Seltos by the way. The only two remorse for me with the car is the lack of ESP and the barely managed 3 star safety rating. Barring this it's such a brilliant package especially the driving dynamics. With better tyres(I use the perfect upsize of 235/55 R17 Michelin Primacy 4), Seltos is a delight to drive. What a downer it is the absence of safety for such a dynamically brilliant(in tall CSUV terms)car. It's akin to having a car with a stonking engine and gearbox but with shoddy brakes. Well, Kia gave me the cake but they don't expect me to eat it.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 30th June 2021 at 07:21.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 07:31   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
There is no shame in Skoda admitting this and adding these airbags in the same variant spec, preferably without a price increase as soon as feasible. Although optically they may want to increase the price at least very marginally so first adopters who bought the variant don’t feel short changed.
Very well said, Axe77..

If Skoda India really wants to negotiate on the rightful concern for the potential buyers of Kushaq 1.5 DSG version for having only 2 airbags on offer, they should come ahead with some widely acceptable solution as a damage control measure.

I would rather suggest now Skoda India should offer the 4+2 yr extended warranty to these buyers for no any extra cost, before correcting the flaw soon duly in the next batches may be with a marginal premium.

This or any such small step would definitely work in appeasing the initial buyers who are about to purchase the top variant and also they won’t feel short changed once the additional airbags will be made available in the top version.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 08:32   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
As per the post in facebook, the plastic panel on the side of the seat is contributing to less width at rear. Don't know if it is the case.

Images from that post.
Yes, this is one of the major reasons by which the rear seat width of a car is compromised. This plastic panel along with thick door pads occupy precious space in even the EcoSport, leaving the rear cramped for anything more than 2 adults.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks