Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2021, 16:27   #511
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That's an eyesore, and will be in the driver's face every single day!

Never seen any VW / Skoda group cars get fit and finish wrong this way. Hope they act soon and correct all these before deliveries start.

The Octavia steering in comparison -

Attachment 2172781
Wonder why Skoda is having these issues,even if it was a one off they could have ensured to atleast have a perfect demo vechile on the day of launch.
PS - Off topic - A big fan of your Kawasaki thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks for the update. What is your height?
Width is less, headroom is tight for tall passengers, and window line goes up - All these cause to feel bit claustrophobic. Is it very bad? I see that vehicle is parked close to corner walls, does it have anything to do with it?
I am 6 ft tall. Yes the area it was parked was cramped but nothing to do with how it felt. The headroom is ok as its scooped out but that is the point where it feels as if something is getting in the way of your vision.
hareshjethwani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 16:30   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks for the update. What is your height?
Width is less, headroom is tight for tall passengers, and window line goes up - All these cause to feel bit claustrophobic. Is it very bad? I see that vehicle is parked close to corner walls, does it have anything to do with it?
The low headroom for rear passengers is very evident in the reviews. There is a walk around video, zigwheels i think, where it was shown with a guy 6 ft tall.

The rear width and height was the deal breaker for me, even before the price was announced. I am 6ft 2 inch tall and my teenage boys are already nearing 6 ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That's an eyesore, and will be in the driver's face every single day!

Never seen any VW / Skoda group cars get fit and finish wrong this way. Hope they act soon and correct all these before deliveries start.

The Octavia steering in comparison -

Attachment 2172781
Sad to see such fit and finish from Skoda. They are diluting their brand equity with such ventures. Even if they had to compromise on features like sunroof, ventilated seats etc, they should have given quality interiors and basic good quality features like good resolution rear view camera, underbody protection etc at a decent premium. Paying extra and less features is fine for a good build product. The current offering is neither here nor there.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 29th June 2021 at 16:31.
PatienceWins is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:03   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
They have probably reserved the L&K variants of both the 1.0 TSI and 1.5 TSI AT variants for a future launch (probably in a month or two) .
I doubt that about L&K of 1.0 TSI, mate. I guess they won't dilute L&K badge on 1.0 TSI, as they haven't even used it for Style variant.
Old 29th June 2021, 17:05   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is that Skoda does not offer more than 2 airbags in their most expensive Monte Carlo AT version of Rapid? the style version has 4 airbags not 6 unlike competition. Is this some strategy to keep the costs down or is it to prevent competition with some other vehicle in their group?
Old 29th June 2021, 17:05   #515
BHPian

Why no one is discussing Kangaroo(a juddering action, which is most noticeable in lower gears when motors are cold) issue in 1.5 TSI Evo with manual transmission.
Is it resolved?
Volkswagen says 1.5 TSI engine hesitancy problems are now fixed

UK T-Roc 1.5 TSI Manual 1st gear kangaroo

Juddering VW Group cars: no end in sight for owners

Last edited by sagwal : 29th June 2021 at 17:13. Reason: added video link
sagwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:09   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
Why no one is discussing Kangaroo(a juddering action, which is most noticeable in lower gears when motors are cold) issue in 1.5 TSI Evo with manual transmission.
Is it resolved?
We will know only when people get to do extensive test drives or buy the 1.5 version. Since it occurs only in cold engine, test drives might not show them.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:20   #517
BHPian

I guess the entire debate about Kushaq's price is sorely due to two claims by Zaz Hollis.

Claim 1: 95% localization, which made everyone feel that it would be a VFM product.

Claim 2: Product developed based on market research and consumer feedback, which made everyone think that it would be a feature-rich (as all recent Skodas are known for)

Unfortunately, both didnt' happen and hence the dismay and disappointment. Had the company launched the product as a replacement to Karoq or mini-Karoq it would have changed most of our expectations on it. Because it is pretty much understood that, in India, Skoda will always be a premium product as compared to the Korean cousins.

Still, skimping on basic stuff like number of airbags, lack of keyless entry in ambition (I didn't see Kessy in it, if I am not wrong), digital clock (not virtual cockpit), quality roof lining, etc, is breaking many hearts, which is quite fair.
K.grg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:24   #518
Senior - BHPian

As per the post in facebook, the plastic panel on the side of the seat is contributing to less width at rear. Don't know if it is the case.

Images from that post.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-fb_img_1624967523392.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-fb_img_1624967515924.jpg  

PatienceWins is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:25   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post

Skoda Kushaq Pros

• Safety features include 6 airbags, ESC (all variants), 3-point seatbelts for all, electronic differential lock, brake disc wiping, multi-collision brake and more
Kudos to a superb review!

In my humble opinion, the mention of Airbags does not deserve to be in the Pros, but a separate Stupidity section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
I think TPMS, 6 airbags will be optional on auto variants.
As someone who is casually exploring an AT alternative for my 6-year-old S-Cross, the Ambition 1.0 TSI AT has (almost) everything I'm looking for, at a price point I see as reasonable, but missing what has come to be accepted as a given in this segment and price. Sorry, this is not done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They can easily launch a Style+ at 17.99L with TPMS and 6 airbags and everyone will go back to sane level of abusing over how overpriced the Kushaq is, vs current mode of how dare they not give 6 airbags in AT variants. lol
I honestly feel they should have offered this across the board. Now, that would have been the kind of statement we would've liked to see Skoda make

Last edited by pannags : 29th June 2021 at 17:28. Reason: Typo
pannags is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:34   #520
Senior - BHPian

Zac Hollis says, It's not possible to launch Kushaq under 10L. Active remains base variant and no possibility of rider variant?

Skoda Kushaq Review-smartselect_20210629173115_twitter.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-smartselect_20210629173254_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 29th June 2021 at 17:46.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:36   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Rear doorpads have an identical theme to the front ones. The 50W rear speakers are housed in them. The front and rear doors, both, open in a triple-stage action:
As expected it was a neat and professional review of Kushaq by Aditya and GTO.

However, I felt the discussion on the ride quality of the car was not elaborate in this review (this aspect was discussed in detail by Aditya for Kia Sonet, which in fact led me to buy a Kia Sonet HTX imt).

I hope a Kushaq owner will write his experience on the ride quality in detail soon.

Last edited by bblost : 29th June 2021 at 18:03. Reason: Reduced the size of quoted post
jkrkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:39   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
As per the post in facebook, the plastic panel on the side of the seat is contributing to less width at rear. Don't know if it is the case.

Images from that post.
True that!!!

Look at how Maruti solved this in SX4, Simply Clever

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20160313_144331__02.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 29th June 2021 at 17:41.
Dr.Naren is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 17:58   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post

Rapid Rider pricing - Had Skoda not launched the Rapid Rider last year, I might have not had any expectation on an attractive pricing. Skoda did launch this variant at a price that was least expected out of a brand like Skoda and they did get a good response is what I feel. Whether they really sold good numbers or not is a different story, probably they were not able to scale up production, but I remember reading in our very own forum that one of the dealers mentioned a potential customer that if they are looking for Rider variant, they should not have any colour choices and should accept whatever they get because of the too high demand for the variant. So, I thought Skoda will strategize an an attractive pricing for 1.0 Active MT, Ambition MT and Ambition AT to get volumes and higher profit margin on the Style and 1.5 variants by making it dearer.
We need to realise comparing the price of Kushaq which is a completely new car on a completely new platform to Rapid Rider which is a car based on a platform which is more than 10 years old is not a fair comparison. They have sold enough of those to have recovered all the initial costs of investment done in developing a brand new car and could price it so low because of the economies of scale. Kushaq on the other hand being a brand new car has to recover all those fixed costs and SUVs have always been more expensive / overpriced than their sedan counterparts here.

No matter how low they price it initially, they could not have recovered these costs in 1/2 years by selling even at their maximum production capacity. It will only happen overtime and when they launch a couple of more cars on the MQB A0-IN Platform. Moreover, they can't increase their networks or production capacity overnight, so they probably chose to sell lesser cars at more margins, helping their dealers also survive.

However, omitting features like one touch down on all four windows, airbags and TPMS on top automatics is the biggest blunder they did at launch, because of which they are facing most of the anger. As many people have said the top end model is yet to be launched which will probably reach close last year T-roc prices and is gonna be seriously overpriced. Only after the 50k - 1lac discounts / extended warranties start getting bundled with the middle and top models they will become better VFM for the customers, hopefully around the festival season.
Old 29th June 2021, 17:58   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Poor Zac being so considerate about waiting list for public that he had no option but to price it higher! And here we are unnecessarily debating about price and so many poor souls defending the Niche segment Skoda is carving out for themselves!
RaghuVis is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 18:15   #525
BHPian

Just saw Kushaq in the flesh. YouTube reviews don’t do justice to this car. It doesn’t look small even though it is smaller than Creta. It was parked between a superb and rapid and the “premiumness” quotient was closer to superb than Rapid. Rapid looked pretty bland and dated.
Atlas alloys are to die for. Upgraded my booking from 1L TC ambition to 1.5 DSG. Now the painful wait begins.
My brother in law owns a Creta and brother owns a Seltos and this car looks better than both (No disrespect meant but these cars are the benchmark of this segment). The door thud screams the solid build quality. JMD Skoda thane will arrange the test drive by Friday hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-2bea2bebfa92423c8504844d15e11fa5.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-1c09146b56484ba8961f970bd5b94ce9.jpeg  

curiousnewbie is offline   (25) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks