Kerala price list of Kushaq.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img20210628wa0018.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:04   #407
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Booked Ambition 1.0L AT
Expected delivery 29th July. Just can’t wait !!
curiousnewbie is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:04   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I've seen definition of rattles being different. Even maruti owners say no rattles. Rattles can be any squeaks, creaks over roads as well as resonance at rpm's due to parts getting loose. You will find plenty in the Ecosport simply due to clips breaking over time.

It's way better than Maruti but VW cars like Polo, Vento and Rapid are far superior. This is similar as per our review. I will confirm when I check out the car when crowds are lesser and they come for a drive.
Would like to mention that my 4 year old Vento TSI also rattles, creaks and squeaks on rough roads. It's been reliable so far but the build quality is not significantly superior to the competition to justify the premium which VAG want's to charge for the newer cars. I remember when VW launched the Vento, it was seriously VFM at 9 lakh ex-showroom for Highline with the punchy TDI engine, while the petrol undercut the Honda City. What has changed since then for VAG to suddenly start shouting "we are a premium brand" from the rooftops and price their cars above the competition?
nitkel is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:07   #409
BHPian

There are too many heated and emotional debates going around here. Frankly guys, why bother? Skoda has always overpriced their cars; and that too by very big margins ranging up to 5-7 Lakhs. What is 50K-1L overpricing in front of that?

Octavia is overpriced by 4-5 Lakhs, Kodiaq was overpriced by ~5L, Karoq was overpriced by 3-4Lakhs. If I apply mathematical formula for ex-showroom price to overpricing limit, 50K-1L overpricing is actually on the lower side
SourPai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:17   #410
BHPian

I have a slightly different dilemma and if some one has asked the same question and has been answered, do point out.
How mod friendly is the 1.5 TSi? The 1.8 TSi in the Laura and Octavia is super mod friendly. My Skoda Laura, even though it was 9 years old could manage to do things which would surprise many (we all are intelligent souls so you will understand what I mean). I know that the 1.0L will give you marginal bumps in BHP and NM, but is that the same case with the 1.5 also.
With a revised map will the Cylinder de-activation also be gone?
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:21   #411
BHPian

There exists a market of buyers who specifically look for German cars. Be it the beater or the garage queen, ranging from the Polo to the Maybach. Having such people in my extended family, seeing them buying a Creta, I almost lost belief in the existence of this market, until it was replaced by a Superb in less than 2 years, for the simple reason that not only was the Creta small but it didn't feel half as good as any of their cars in the past. These people barely even consider anything not German, hence I put forth my case that the pricing will help Skoda either way in serving the people who once wanted something that offered as much car as the Seltos/Creta/Harrier but were taken aback by the thought of moving to what they find inferior.

That brings me to the fact that price isn't a planted issue wherein the Kushaq is concerned. The people who want it, will buy it at a premium. What really pinches is the undue advantage being taken of this set of buyers by bidding farewell to vitals and feel-goods (which really should be there at the proposed segment). It's not that homework hasn't been done by Skoda, it's rather overdone, with too much faith in these buyers which has led them into the decision to subsequently remove features in their new launches. Variant discrimination between Automatic and Manual for features like airbags was last observed in the Hyundai Grand i10 in the Asta variant where the Automatic didn't get airbags. Is this what we expect from a brand like Skoda? Not clever, at all.

Nothing's gonna stop the Kushaq from doing high sales and being a success for the people who have been waiting for a much more solidly built car by a reputed and premium name like Skoda. But it is the undue advantage that pinches, to see the sad state we are being driven into.
Arnav612 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:28   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Talking about niggles in modern Skodas, I've not seen something as horrific as brake failure which the everyone's 'favourite' brand refuses to rectify. This shows how much they value customer lives and also I won't argue much as I believe I have already said what I wanted to and anyone may take it as they wish to.

Also, Nexon and XUV300 (though from a different segment) are high riding automatic vehicles available in the range of 10-20 Lacs.
I am not a fan of "Me holier than thou" theory. So folks getting stranded on road and running around for getting their gearboxes changed is as bad as non functional brakes. Both situations challenge the basic premise of security.

Had Nexon a pure play TC, I would have bought it in a wink. The current iteration of Nexon is the most finished product from Tata. It's a shame that it comes with AMT.

My family had its share of cars from Maruti, Toyota, VW and most recently Kia over a period of time. And for all that is worth, all products have their share of strengths and weaknesses. And I am happy to share that. With all the automotive experience that I have had so far, I see Kushaq as an overpriced car for what it offers as a product. What really ticked me off is this theory of Skoda being some kind of hidden gem that only a few realise. And I strongly rebut this.

Now that the car is out there in open, time will tell its journey. I will be happy to be wrong if Kushaq manages to succeed and at least give buyers another alternative. I rest my case Sir. Happy driving!!!
headbanger is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:32   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
There are too many heated and emotional debates going around here. Frankly guys, why bother? Skoda has always overpriced their cars; and that too by very big margins ranging up to 5-7 Lakhs. What is 50K-1L overpricing in front of that?

Octavia is overpriced by 4-5 Lakhs, Kodiaq was overpriced by ~5L, Karoq was overpriced by 3-4Lakhs. If I apply mathematical formula for ex-showroom price to overpricing limit, 50K-1L overpricing is actually on the lower side
Agree with you . The fact that Skoda went head over heals to let everyone know that it has 95% localisation levels which inturn build up expectations of competive pricing. The pricing wouldn't have been an issue if Skoda wouldn't have skimped on a few aspects, specially when they project themselves as a premium brand compared to the competition.
And what is adding to the fireworks on this thread is the way in which Skoda released all the updates upto the launch with regard to the Kushak.Skoda went with margins(I think so) rather than looking at volumes.
How efficient is the Active cylinder technology? Does it really make a difference to the milage as claimed in a few reviews?

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 28th June 2021 at 23:34.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:36   #414
Team-BHP Support

I'm still lost at the strategy.....

If the 1.0L TSI AT didn't get the 6 airbags it would have still been understandable as long as the 1.5L TSI DSG got it.

A buyer who is looking at 1.5L TSI has already decided to pay 1.6 lakhs more for the 1.5L engine over the 1.0L. On top of that he has decided to pay 1.4 lakhs for the DSG over the manual.

In effect the buyer is paying 3L over the top spec 1.0L TSI MT for the DSG and 1.5L engine. For this buyer who is spending 3L more for the same car removing 6 airbags and TPMS is way too bitter a pill to swallow. More than anything it's outright inexplicable.
Vid6639 is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:38   #415
BHPian

Seems like lockdown has been tough on everyone. Let’s not take out that frustration here. Those who don’t want to pay the brand premium can go ahead and book some other car. No need to remind Skoda why and for whom you dumped it. Those who are going ahead with the booking don’t need to justify their decision either. We all have different reasons for buying different cars.
Let’s discuss how we can save on insurance and what accessories are worth considering. Also if anyone got any info on extended warranty and AMC packages.
curiousnewbie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 23:50   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
The fact that Skoda went head over heels to let everyone know that it has 95% localisation levels which inturn build up expectations of competive pricing. The pricing wouldn't have been an issue if Skoda wouldn't have skimped on a few aspects, specially when they project themselves as a premium brand compared to the competition
Yes, good points those. First, the build up of high expectations on some aggressive, not even competitive, pricing on account of localisation. Two, the ambitious positioning against larger and better loaded rivals even as Skoda held back on certain counts.

The Kushaq held out so much promise and is indeed a fine car otherwise, but there are far too many things that are holding it back. You can't be cutting costs yet be inflexible on pricing and expect buyers to be excited.
RPM1706 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 00:17   #417
Senior - BHPian

Screen shot from their brochure

1) Most of the safety related features are available in the base variant - that is very good!
2) Review cars had 3 point seat seat belt for the rear middle passenger but brochure says no (just the lap belt)
3) Rough road package and engine protection is available in all variants as per brochure. Did review car have any?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-activekushaq.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th June 2021 at 00:20.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 00:39   #418
Senior - BHPian

This thread must definitely hold a record here on Team-Bhp for most posts within a 24 hour time period. Speaks of the anticipation folks had for the Kushaq

Skoda is a premium brand in India and will always be. That being said I don't think they are here for the mass volumes or to chase Maruti/Hyundai-Kia. Skoda knows it's position in the market and what they bring to the table. In the end, there will always be a set of customers looking forward to this vehicle and the experience of driving such a car. The only thing I felt out of place could be the number of airbags on the automatic. And despite the pricing, this car will sell. It will take time and slowly build momentum, don't know if it will rake in huge numbers but will do decent business.

From what I have read so far, seems like a lot of folks are now migrating to the Sonet, while some to the City. I even feel like the Rapid will do some good business.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 00:46   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Screen shot from their brochure
Buddy, what's your take on the pricing? I feel the base Active could've been better priced as an introductory offer. Anyways are you sticking with the Active or upgrading to Ambition? Looking at the variants, an upgrade to Style seems better than the Ambition.

Keep us posted.
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 00:56   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Skoda is a premium brand in India and will always be.
If Skoda wants to position itself as a premium brand, why skim features that the competitors are offering at a lower/similar price range. They should be offering more features at a more premium price. Skoda has goofed up big time with the pricing.

What we need to understand is that the market is preferring comfort/features over safety/driving dynamics at the moment. One could discuss endlessly as to the reasons but that's how things stand right now. Skoda itself seems to think so and hence offers the two airbags. Its the pricing which has gone wary.
sanmish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks