Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2024, 23:11   #3571
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post

I didn't have to use any adhesive, you just press the two beads on the lock of the blade, move towards right and release them and it locks itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post

Also, I purchased another wiper blade and tried removing the clip without actually damaging it. It worked for me too!
Would you mind sharing where these beads are, that you mentioned? I’ve been meddling with the blade that I ordered (from the same Amazon link that you posted) and haven’t been able to find any beads that can be pressed naturally. If I try anything more, I’ll most likely end up breaking it!

Last edited by MeetSC : 8th June 2024 at 23:21. Reason: Added 1 more quote.
Old 9th June 2024, 09:48   #3572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
Can you please share the cost of 70 mai Dashcam.
I got it for Rs. 10500 (original price is 11500 minus bank discount) from Amazon. Here's a link if it helps https://shorturl.at/dTEVe (not sponsored)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
Also wanted to know whether you were able to install without affecting the car warranty.
I did not enable the parking surveillance, and the Dashcam connection goes into the 12V cigarette lighter port. So I don't think it should affect the warranty as there's no wire we cut. I have the same installed in my Creta as well as Baleno.
kbihani29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 20:41   #3573

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

Can existing owners, specially from Delhi-NCR comment if the cooling is sufficient and how is the feedback ?
I also test drove the Kushaq and Slavia today. Kushaq was MY2024 and Slavia was MY2023. I have the same observation regarding inadequate cooling capacity.

Requesting Kushaq/Slavia owners from Delhi NCR to kindly clarify on the same.
abhisekkhanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 15:43   #3574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofudriver View Post
The following are the list of things I am planning to install for my car's first birthday.
  1. Puddle Lamp at 5000 (4K + 1K labour)
  2. Dual Trumpet Horn (1500)
  3. Sporty Pedals (1100)

Overall, it's costing me 7700. Definitely Expensive. What do you guys think, Is the price justified for 7K.
I got the Puddle Lamp installed on our Kushaq in annual service this year in April for 4000 INR, Dual Trumpet Horn was 1500 INR(last year) and Pedals were for 800 INR(last year). We got the puddle lamp on our Virtus GT too, pricing 4000 INR.

Regarding pricing, coming from the Polo I feel it is adequate given the peace of mind of not getting anything installed aftermarket. Puddle lamp do increase the upmarket feel of the car and that trumpet horn is a must .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 08:49   #3575

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
Would you mind sharing where these beads are, that you mentioned? I’ve been meddling with the blade that I ordered (from the same Amazon link that you posted) and haven’t been able to find any beads that can be pressed naturally. If I try anything more, I’ll most likely end up breaking it!
Hi, as far as I remember, it was a simple plug-and-play. When you press the lock button for the blade, you are able to move the blade left and right, it needs a little bit of force because it's not the default setting but it works. Let me know if this helps. Good luck!
Old 11th June 2024, 10:50   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post
Hi, as far as I remember, it was a simple plug-and-play. When you press the lock button for the blade, you are able to move the blade left and right, it needs a little bit of force because it's not the default setting but it works. Let me know if this helps. Good luck!
The problem is, mine doesn’t have a pressable button once I remove everything. Pressing the button on the outer clip doesn’t have any effect on the underlying lock, as far as I can see. Is this the same model that you have?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-1image.jpg  

Old 12th June 2024, 23:02   #3577

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
I got the Puddle Lamp installed on our Kushaq in annual service this year in April for 4000 INR, Dual Trumpet Horn was 1500 INR(last year) and Pedals were for 800 INR(last year). We got the puddle lamp on our Virtus GT too, pricing 4000 INR.

Regarding pricing, coming from the Polo I feel it is adequate given the peace of mind of not getting anything installed aftermarket. Puddle lamp do increase the upmarket feel of the car and that trumpet horn is a must .
Yes, Niks I read about your post too regarding it. Such a looker your Virtus GT is man. For Kushaq, I think you have automatic that's why the pedal costed you for 800. I have a manual which costs more. And absolutely Mate, the puddle feels very premium, I am going for puddle lamps and Trumpet horn, just waiting for my seatbelt buckle adapter to arrive so I can negotiate hard on puddle lamps, 5000 INR looks far fetched, need to negotiate hard.
tofudriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 10:27   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofudriver View Post
I have a manual which costs more. And absolutely Mate, the puddle feels very premium, I am going for puddle lamps and Trumpet horn.
Thanks, just to add I have a manual Kushaq too, its possible that the price was less a year back since I got mine sometime in Apr 2023. Puddle lamp I got in this year's service.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 15:20   #3579

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisekkhanna View Post
I have the same observation regarding inadequate cooling capacity.

Requesting Kushaq/Slavia owners from Delhi NCR to kindly clarify on the same.
any views please? this is a major factor in the purchase decision.
Old 14th June 2024, 00:44   #3580
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I got my Kushaq Style 1.0 AT 2 weeks back.

The dealer called and said they have activated Skoda Connect and asked me to download and log in to the Skoda ConnectED app.
I did, but when I check the location in the app, it always shows it as the Factory in Pune. Meanwhile, no features of the app work.

When I checked, I could find the dongle below the AC Control unit above the wireless charger.
Is this the correct location?

Also, no lights are on in the dongle even with the car running. I will connect with the dealer again to get it reset, but wanted to check if anyone else has faced a similar issue, and how it was rectified?

On a separate note, how do we check if the Extended warranty and Service package is activated in the app?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th June 2024, 13:27   #3581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbihani29 View Post
Hi Guys,

I got my Kushaq Style 1.0 AT 2 weeks back.

The dealer called and said they have activated Skoda Connect and asked me to download and log in to the Skoda ConnectED app.
I did, but when I check the location in the app, it always shows it as the Factory in Pune. Meanwhile, no features of the app work.

On a separate note, how do we check if the Extended warranty and Service package is activated in the app?

Thanks in advance.
It imay be possible that dongle is provisioned against your car but not activated. Please check with your dealer again to get it enabled.

Skoda has another mobile app called My Skoda which gives details of warranty, service package details of your vehicle once you add them.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 13:57   #3582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Please check with your dealer again to get it enabled.
Thank you, sir. Yes, I have reached out to them. They have said they will get back to me by Tuesday. Hopefully, it's as you say, and not a broader issue.

Do you know if the placement of the dongle is correct? I have seen people mention that the dongle is below the steering wheel for the Jio version. But this one is with the Airtel dongle, and it is present below the AC unit above the wireless charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Skoda has another mobile app called My Skoda which gives details of warranty, service package details of your vehicle once you add them.
I found the app, but none of the details such as extended warranty or service pack are shown right now.
I will reach out to the dealer/customer care for more info on it.
Old 15th June 2024, 19:36   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if the placement of the dongle is correct? I have seen people mention that the dongle is below the steering wheel for the Jio version. But this one is with the Airtel dongle, and it is present below the AC unit above the wireless charger.
The dongle is located under the steering column, just above the accelerator pedal. I have the Airtel version as well. Can you send a pic of this new location?
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 06:14   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
I am not aware of the dongle location in new models. Mine is 2022 model and has Jio dongle. It is under the steering wheel.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 07:29   #3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisekkhanna View Post
any views please? this is a major factor in the purchase decision.
Cooling is adequate, I live in Noida, car was purchased in July 2021 and has clocked almost 50000 kms without any issues. Cooling is also a matter of personal choice, I don't like too chilled cabins of Ertiga and Innova (examples). At times when I feel that automatic mode is not cooling quick enough I just keep the fan speed fixed manually at level 3 or 4 with recirculation on. I am satisfied with cooling and also passengers in rear seat never complained about cooling. I have also never set the temperature below 21 deg C. Hope this helps
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks