Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 08:59   #3556

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

It appears that Skoda will be running sale today with deep discounts, anyone planning for a Purchase, please reach out to your SA soon.
carblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:44   #3557
BHPian

Is it worth buying June 2023 Kushaq Style AT?
The discount being offered is ~285000 + 5th year extended warranty + 3 years service package.

I am also getting January 2024 Kushaq Abition AT with a discount of ~166000 + 3 years service package.

The only reason I am leaning towards Style is for the 6 airbags as the Jan 2024 Ambition won't have it.

So question is: Is it worth going for the June 2023 vehicle as it will be more than a year old when getting the delivery of the vehicle, or should I compromise and go for Jan 2024 Ambition AT?
Old 25th May 2024, 11:16   #3558
BHPian

Hi

Yesterday i.e 24th May 2024, Skoda was offering huge discounts as a part of its 24th Anniversary sale for only 1 day

Have booked a MY2023 Skoda Kushaq Style 1.0 AT with the following discount & benefits :-
- An upfront cash discount of Rs. 2,85,000/- on the ex showroom of 17,89,000/-
- Free 3 Year Service Maintenance Package
- Free 5th year Extended Warranty

The total value of the above benefits is totalling to 3,45,000/- which is mind blowing and getting the car almost at Ex Showroom price !!

This offer was directly offered by Skoda on their online portal and the cars will be shipped directly from the factory, which is great.

- In my case, the VIN was immediately provided upon booking and the car is a July 2023 manufactured car
- The car has Ventilated Seats which was an motivation to go ahead with the booking

Only differences between a MY23 and MY24 Style variant are as follows :-
- MY23 has an 8 inch infotainment - MY24 10 inch
- MY23 does not have front powered seats - MY24 has
- MY23 does not have subwoofer - MY24 has

Booked as these features can be ignored for the HUGE discount being offered with the car being shipped directly from the factory, so there will not be any concern of damage or tampering at the dealer end !!

Kindly provide your valuable thoughts on the decision above !!
Humane India is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 11:23   #3559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humane India View Post

The total value of the above benefits is totalling to 3,45,000/- which is mind blowing and getting the car almost at Ex Showroom price !!

This offer was directly offered by Skoda on their online portal and the cars will be shipped directly from the factory, which is great.

- In my case, the VIN was immediately provided upon booking and the car is a July 2023 manufactured car

Kindly provide your valuable thoughts on the decision above !!
It is almost one year old car but getting shipped from factory? Usually dealers end up having inventory so I'm little surprised by the fact that Skoda factory would be stocking it for so long?

Please do a thorough PDI before making full payment.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 25th May 2024 at 11:50.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 12:06   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It is almost one year old car but getting shipped from factory? Usually dealers end up having inventory so I'm little surprised by the fact that Skoda factory would be stocking it for so long?

Please do a thorough PDI before making full payment.
- I have spoken to Skoda CC after booking online
- They have assured that the dealer does not have MY23 stock and it will be shipped from factory only
- My best guess is that Skoda India anticipated good sales and there was overproduction
- Also the semiconductor supply issues may have made those particular units to go unsold
- Anyways, SMP and extended warranty is being offered, so no headaches there later on
Old 26th May 2024, 17:25   #3561
BHPian

Quote:
- The car has Ventilated Seats which was an motivation to go ahead with the booking
Congrats on booking the car. Its a good deal.
I got the same booked. Also got the dealer to match the Insurance price which I was getting outside.
Now fingers crossed for the PDI of the vehicle.

Quote:
Booked as these features can be ignored for the HUGE discount being offered with the car being shipped directly from the factory, so there will not be any concern of damage or tampering at the dealer end !!
1 additional point can be the presence of 6 airbags in Style AT which was missing from MY2024/VIN2024 Ambition AT.
Old 27th May 2024, 13:39   #3562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbihani29 View Post
Congrats on booking the car. Its a good deal.
I got the same booked. Also got the dealer to match the Insurance price which I was getting outside.
Now fingers crossed for the PDI of the vehicle.
- I have also checked for insurance online
- Dealer quoting 55k for the insurance
- Policybazaar is offering Kotak insurance with all 7 essential covers for 25k
- Will negotiate as well
- Which model did you book on the 24th Anniversay sale and how much retail discount you got ?
- Which month and year as per VIN ?
- Did the Skoda Portal offer you complimentary 3 year SMP & 5th year additional extended warranty ?

Thanks a lot
Old 27th May 2024, 14:53   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
- Which model did you book on the 24th Anniversay sale and how much retail discount you got ?
- Did the Skoda Portal offer you complimentary 3 year SMP & 5th year additional extended warranty ?
  1. Got the same model as you. Kushaq Style AT MY2023 and VIN2023. Cash discount was ~Rs. 285000
  2. Yes. I also got the 3 year SMP and 5th year additional extended warranty.
kbihani29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 14:03   #3564
BHPian

Well I also did end up buying the Kushaq Monte Carlo 1.0 AT with a discount of 3.23lakh being a MY 2023 vehicle. In case of the Monte Carlo edition the subwoofer and 10 inch infotainment was present and am only lacking the powered front seats. Actually was on a lookout for a vehcile thanks to the 15 year rule in NCR. Was leaning towards a smaller vehicle however the dicount offerred and my family preferences heart won over the head. Booked in march and took delivery during the navratars (this is an auspicious time here in north). Could not negotiate anything else as the dealer was unwilling to budge. Got the puddle lamps and 3-D mats fitted during delivery.
Luke1972 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 13:17   #3565
BHPian

Hi Team,

This is my first review on Team BHP. Apologies beforehand for any mistakes.

I got the delivery of the Kushaq 1.0 AT MY2023 Vin 2023 Model on 1st June 2024. Took it for multiple drives over the weekend

Few Observations (the good):
  1. Having owned a Creta 2022 and Baleno 2023 previously, I like the engine and gearbox of the Kushaq much better. The drive was peppy, and gear changes were very smooth
  2. The fit and finish of the vehicle is similar (if not better) to the Koreans
  3. The AC was decent even with temperatures soaring to 42-44 degrees. Not as bad as other people have seen. Maybe because its a new vehicle?
  4. I really like the crawl mode. It's much more faster then what I have seen in Creta or Baleno. Didn't need to touch the accelerator pedal in bumper bumper to traffic in Hyderabad

The Bad:
  1. Mileage! I got an overall mileage of 8kmpl having driven the car in bumper-to-bumper traffic for 2 hours, and 200 km on highway. Can't even compare it to Baleno. To give some context: I had to refill the tank twice in Kushaq for 1 tank in Baleno with still some juice left in Baleno.
  2. There's a bit of engine noise in the cabin when accelerated hard
  3. I miss the sub-woofer present in Vin 2024 vehicles. Maybe i'll get it fitted outside later. The music is decent, but not as good as the 2024 models, or Creta for instance.

Accessories Installed apart from the essential kit we get with the vehicle:
  1. 7d Mats which I got from Amazon. The fit and feel looks good. (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
  2. Front and Rear dashcam from 70 mai (A500S)

Very happy with the purchase considering the deal I got on the 24th anniversary sale. Had done a thorough PDI following the team bhp guidelines, and only then disbursed the payment.

Happy driving!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd June 2024 at 15:07. Reason: Typos
kbihani29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 23:30   #3566

AC Rattling in Skoda Kushaq

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with a screeching noise from the AC Vents in my Skoda Kushaq 1.5 from the day I bought. I had to take it to the Authorised Service centre in Mysuru which is palace skoda multiple times but they were absolutely not helpful and never even bothered to investigate further. I have uploaded the recording which I was able to take when the noise was evident. Can someone help me diagnose this issue and provide me your useful information.

The Sound comes after ten or fifteen minutes on running the vehicle. Its more evident when fan speed is set to 1 and 2.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMG_6126.MOV.zip (8.54 MB, 30 views)
Old 7th June 2024, 08:04   #3567

Hello Everyone, my car will have its first birthday in this month and I am planning to give some gifts to it. As you know I have a Kushaq 1.0 Style (sunroof) the insurance renewal company are at my door steps. I have made a claim this year. Let me present the stats below:

Bajaj Allianz: 31532/- (Zero Dep)
Bajaj Allianz: 38324/- (RTI)

According to your knowledge and expertise which one do you think is better? Also, does having RTI will return me all the money including taxes in case of total lose or theft?
Old 7th June 2024, 18:20   #3568
BHPian

Hi Kbihani,

Can you please share the cost of 70 mai Dashcam. Also wanted to know whether you were able to install without affecting the car warranty.
Old 8th June 2024, 19:16   #3569

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofudriver View Post
Hello Everyone, my car will have its first birthday in this month and I am planning to give some gifts to it. As you know I have a Kushaq 1.0 Style (sunroof) the insurance renewal company are at my door steps. I have made a claim this year. Let me present the stats below:

Bajaj Allianz: 31532/- (Zero Dep)
Bajaj Allianz: 38324/- (RTI)

According to your knowledge and expertise which one do you think is better? Also, does having RTI will return me all the money including taxes in case of total lose or theft?
Update: got Zero Dep for the car from the company, went to the showroom, was roaming around and noticed the new model updates of Kushaq, I like the new feature edition and return of some but the new alloys in my opinion doesn't look premium at all. It's draining the overall look of the car. I proceeded to nitpick when my eyes fell onto the new Superb in Magic Black. It surely looked Menacing from the corner angle. I sat down, closed the door. WHAT A THUD! Now I realised why many of the members always talks about the VW/Skoda thuds. I felt as I am in a cocoon. I turned on the car and there were no vibrations, Just a growling roar from the 2 litre. Proceeded to check the UI of multimedia infotainment, It looked decent, clustered to my taste. Checked the seat which had a massager. Never sat in a car with massager, the massaging seat doesn't have any configuration, it felt a bit too strong if you are driving but something I'd definitely enjoy for a while. Wondering how it would be for Mercs.
Turned the ventilation for the seat along with massaging and I felt as if I am sitting on a ice block and someone is punching with love. I noticed the striking night and day difference of the ventilation in my car and Superb's. CBU feels solid and built to last (wait till my opinion changes in next moment.)
Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20240608-19.09.09.jpeg

I left the showroom to visit the service station because of an eventful day yesterday. So suddenly the seatbelt of passenger side stopped working. It would not hold onto the belt key and the button felt hard with no clicks that could hold onto the belt. They said it needs to be replaced, if its manufacturing defect then company will replace it and it will take 10-12 days. I said I need it urgently, I have passengers with me, it shouldn't take this much to which they told me that this part is not a running part, not everyone will have the same issue with this part. Then a logic strikes me in the middle of the workshop with sweaty and aching back (I miss the feeling of Superb, Already!) The Kushaq is said to be localised to almost 97%, and still a part like this will take time. The Superb being a CBU unit, What if? the thought itself is frustrating and helpless. My heart goes to all those CKD CBU owners regardless of the company. So now waiting for that part to arrive. To keep my mind off of the usual parts replacement and warranty thing, I felt a budge in my pocket and decided to do some accessories on the car. The following are the list of things I am planning to install for my car's first birthday.
  1. Puddle Lamp at 5000 (4K + 1K labour)
  2. Dual Trumpet Horn (1500)
  3. Sporty Pedals (1100)

Overall, it's costing me 7700. Definitely Expensive. Told the A guy about real prices of all parts and that it should cost me somewhere near to 6500-6700. He said he'll do it all for 7000. I asked why? to which he told me, "Sir, I have to take off whole panels of the door to fit in puddle lamp for which labour will be charged, I am not putting labour for horn and as for sporty pedals, it will require to remove the whole Clutch, Brake, Accelerator Pedal for it. Don't know if is it true for the latter. What do you guys think, Is the price justified for 7K. Also, clicked this photo, Majestic VAG parts, proof of chaos. Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20240608-19.09.10.jpeg
Old 8th June 2024, 20:27   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Dear Kushaq/Slavia owners,

Today I test drove both the Kushaq and the Taigun (both 1.0 TSI AT), for an extended strech at the peak of daytime around 12.30 PM.

The outside temperature today was around 40 degrees, much less than what it was few days back at 47 degrees.

Still, what I immediately noticed in both the cars that even with the temperature set at 18 degrees and fan speed around 70%, the cooling was not adequate at all. Infact I kept asking the sales guy if there is some issue with the AC but he said it is like that and infact there were some software issues in pre-2023 models which was corrected, but the vehicles I was test driving were both year 2024 make.

Can existing owners, specially from Delhi-NCR comment if the cooling is sufficient and how is the feedback ?
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks