Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2024, 11:08   #3541

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hi,

I have been a regular Andriod Auto User since the last 3 years - 2.5 years on Suzuki Dzire and 6 months + on Skoda Kushaq. While I have never faced issues with Dzire infotainment system, the experience with Kushaq has been suboptimal.

Recently I changed my phone from Pixel 7a to OnePlus 12R. The new phone does not connect with Kushaq's system and gives the following error - 'Connection with Phone failed'.

I have tried to troubleshoot this on multiple forums - OnePlus, Reddit and Google. It seems this is a known issue on Skoda cars where newer Android phones are not compatible.

Has anyone else facing similar issues and any possible fix for this?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-error.jpg  

knightryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 11:14   #3542

Re: 4 months,5000 kms on KUSHAQ 1.5 TSI MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasad03 View Post
SEARCH FOR A NEW CAR

2. Till date I have not received any E mail against the payment for Standard Maintenance package and extended warranty. I had made the payment of 60000 to the salesperson for the the above two mentioned items combined. i was told within in a month i would be officially notified regarding these, its already 4 months but no update from their side even after reminding them twice. Will have to meet them physically and take constant follow ups.

For this you can actually check the MySkoda app. It should be mentioned there.
oilgascng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 19:15   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightryder View Post

Recently I changed my phone from Pixel 7a to OnePlus 12R. The new phone does not connect with Kushaq's system and gives the following error - 'Connection with Phone failed'.

?
This seems to be an unfortunate issue with OnePlus phones. My guess is that it is because of its proprietary fast charging system. I had the same issue with OnePlus phones on 2 Suzukis and 1 Hyundai. This was a while back and I ordered a bunch of different branded cables from AliExpress and some of them worked. Have you tried plugging in a Samsung? That would determine if the problem is with the phone not being fully compatible or if it’s with the device.
Old 13th May 2024, 19:31   #3544
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Soon I will be completing 40k on my Kushaq 1.0 AT. I wish to post a mini review here. I shall mention all the general stuff. If there are any specifics I should share, please PM me or mention
here.

Thanks.
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 19:55   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Guys,
Soon I will be completing 40k on my Kushaq 1.0 AT. I wish to post a mini review here. I shall mention all the general stuff. If there are any specifics I should share, please PM me or mention
here.

Thanks.
I would like to know about the oil grade used in all of the services done till now.
Thank you

Regards
Old 14th May 2024, 04:48   #3546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightryder View Post
Hi,

I have been a regular Andriod Auto User since the last 3 years - 2.5 years on Suzuki Dzire and 6 months + on Skoda Kushaq. While I have never faced issues with Dzire infotainment system, the experience with Kushaq has been suboptimal.

Has anyone else facing similar issues and any possible fix for this?
I faced the same issue in UK on my 2022 Seat Arona (1st cousin of the Kushaq/Taigun and belonging to the VW family). All phones including OnePlus phones would work fine EXCEPT OnePlus 11R. This issue never got sorted and I just had to live with it. Internet searches were more confusing rather than convincing.
Old 15th May 2024, 08:59   #3547

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
This seems to be an unfortunate issue with OnePlus phones. My guess is that it is because of its proprietary fast charging system. I had the same issue with OnePlus phones on 2 Suzukis and 1 Hyundai. This was a while back and I ordered a bunch of different branded cables from AliExpress and some of them worked. Have you tried plugging in a Samsung? That would determine if the problem is with the phone not being fully compatible or if it’s with the device.
I believe the issue is compatibility of MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mechanism in OnePlus 12R and Skoda infotainment. Not yet tried Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
I faced the same issue in UK on my 2022 Seat Arona (1st cousin of the Kushaq/Taigun and belonging to the VW family). All phones including OnePlus phones would work fine EXCEPT OnePlus 11R. This issue never got sorted and I just had to live with it. Internet searches were more confusing rather than convincing.
I have been using MA1 wireless Android Auto to avoid plugging in my phone every time. After trying multiple fixes as recommended on Internet forums, I tried to give MA1 a try. The setup involves pairing the new phone with MA1 and later connecting MA1 USB to the car's infotainment port. It took a few seconds, but happy to share that this method has worked. Infotainment system now recognises the connection as 'OnePlus 12 R' and not 'MTP Kalama'.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20240515_084313.jpg  

knightryder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 16:06   #3548

Unable to Record Consumption in Kushaq 1.5 2023

Hi All, My name is Suhas and I own a Skoda Kushaq 1.5 L 2023 Model Ambition Variant. I recently started facing this issue related to Average Consumption. I tried to reset the trip and drived my car for about 200-300 Kilometres but I only see the long term average which it has recorded but not the exact consumption which I did for the trip.
When I say long term average its calculating from the total kilometers not the trip average. Can anyone who has information on this issue please guide me on what I can do as the next steps? Thank you in Advance.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st May 2024 at 17:02.
Old 22nd May 2024, 14:19   #3549
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
here.

Thanks.
Good to know Ashutosh! Im also planning to buy same 1.0 AT. What variant do you possess? Is it fine for frequent city usage and occasional long drives? How was your overall experience with Skoda ASS? Whether maintenance is in the higher side ? Any issues you faced in any of your long drives? Your inputs wil greatly help me making a decision.
Old 23rd May 2024, 13:16   #3550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_punto View Post
Your inputs wil greatly help me making a decision.
Hello brother, answering your queries below:

Quote:
What variant do you possess?
Its the Ambition variant. 1.0 AT [/quote]

Quote:
Is it fine for frequent city usage and occasional long drives?
Its a comfortable cruiser on the highways. You can cruise at 100 kph comfortably all day. In the city, in stop and go traffic, you will notice the turbo lag. If you are used to a naturally aspirated engine, you will notice the lag more. Its fine with me, because I am used to it now. And once the turbo spools, its a different story all together

Quote:
How was your overall experience with Skoda ASS?
Excellent. The service center in Noida has given little to complain.

Quote:
Whether maintenance is in the higher side?
I also own a Tigor AMT and a Harrier MT. And I would say, till now it has been at par with Tigor and lesser than the Harrier. 15,000 km service cost was ₹8,916. 30,000 km service cost was ₹11,037. This includes everything including wheel alignment and balancing. The next service is at 45,000 km. Do note that Tigor's service is at every 10,000 km. So, Kushaq maintenance is cheaper if you look at it that way.

Quote:
Any issues you faced in any of your long drives?
Nope. No issues faced till now. I have enjoyed all my highway drives till now. Expressways, hills, everywhere.

Don't know if you have read my updates on the forum, my Kushaq gives me a range of 900-1000 km on every tank refill. My daily commute is 60% expressway, 40% city. But moving traffic always, not bumper to bumper.
Old 23rd May 2024, 13:25   #3551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojaja View Post
Firstly I’m confused as to why it’s happened but my main query is does this come under warranty or should I claim insurance for this? Thanks
This has to be claimed through the insurance & not under warranty. Apart from the obvious things like a heavy object that fell through the glass, inadequate fitting of the glass at the time of production is also known to cause this.

Get the workshop to change it under warranty and enjoy the car.
Old 23rd May 2024, 13:39   #3552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashish View Post

The headlight costs ₹ 28,653. Imagine having to pay ₹ 60,000 for a pair of headlights just because your DRLS turned yellow
These are still on the affordable side considering the Vento LED headlights (Hella, made in Romania) cost 74k each! Thanks to localisation.
Old 23rd May 2024, 20:30   #3553

Quote:
Hello brother, answering your queries below:
Don't know if you have read my updates on the forum, my Kushaq gives me a range of 900-1000 km on every tank refill. My daily commute is 60% expressway, 40% city. But moving traffic always, not bumper to bumper.
I own a Kushaq 1L AT '23 make and the maximum range I have ever gotten is 460km on a full tank. I'm surprised you manage to get 1000km! I believe it all depends on our use case as I live in a crowded city and traffic here is horrific. I get around 8-9kmpl in the city and 12kmpl on the highways. On bumper-to-bumper traffic, the efficiency is even worse. I have gotten 4.2kmpl on multiple runs.

One of my friend who owns a Taigun 1L AT who also happens to be the owner of a car workshop suggested me to keep the tyre pressure at 40psi even with light load. Even though this made the ride a bit jittery, it did improve the efficiency by a good margin.

Any other advice from experienced ones here to improve the efficiency are welcome. I have seen multiple videos in YT and IG which shows a properly done stage 2 cars are able to get 17-20 kmpl in the city and 20-24 on highways. Is there any truth in this?
Old 23rd May 2024, 21:43   #3554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABKL07 View Post

Any other advice from experienced ones here to improve the efficiency are welcome. I have seen multiple videos in YT and IG which shows a properly done stage 2 cars are able to get 17-20 kmpl in the city and 20-24 on highways. Is there any truth in this?
I have observed that just 2psi increase in tyre pressure increases the average mileage by 1kmpl. The other tip is to be light on the accelerator in traffic especially and ensure that you don't accelerate too much to cover a gap. Even in bumper to bumper traffic these days I manage 10kmpl with my 1.5DSG Slavia. I keep tyre pressure at 34 and not too high either.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 22:22   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABKL07 View Post

Any other advice from experienced ones here to improve the efficiency are welcome.
What I do:
  • Change the gear b/w 1500 -1700 rpm. I religiously use the paddle shifter to upshift. Otherwise the AT shifts at 2000-2200 rpm.
  • Keep the revs below 2000 rpm, in every gear. The acceleration will be slower, but the engine will sip less. One can easily reach 100kph, without ever going over 2000 rpm. And can easily cruise at 80 kph at 1500 rpm.
  • Maintain enough distance from the car in front, so that if it slows down, I do not have to brake, but use the engine breaking to slow down.
  • Follow the pace of traffic, no unnecessary overtakes. Peacefully follow the car ahead. Causes less stress too
  • The VW mileage run showed the 1.0 TSI being kept at 65 kph in fifth gear for maximum efficiency. Before watching this, I used to try and speed up to reach the sixth gear. Now, I am fine in fifth gear too.
  • If I see a gap in front, I do not speed up to catch up. I would maintain my speed and gradually catch up to the car ahead. Does not matter if a car comes in between.
  • In my daily commute, I have tried every speed. Driving faster, frequent overtakes doesn't affect much. The difference has never been more than 10 minutes. Its better to leave ten minutes early than to waste fuel, cause stress and drive recklessly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks