Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2024, 00:07   #3526

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofudriver View Post
Before I start the procedure with insurance claim, is there anything I should be taking care of during the process, it's my first accident and my first insurance claim process (and I hope last) also, We have opted for Bajaj Alliance as our insurer.
Apologies to everyone, I couldn't put the after photo of the work of my car, will be attaching below.

Skoda Kushaq Review-20240422_222121.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20240408-08.42.31.jpeg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd April 2024 at 12:53. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 23rd April 2024, 17:08   #3527
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

I am getting a MY2024 Kushaq 1.5 Style AT for a final quote of 23.75L. Almost 90K discount (original price sheet shows 24.61 as the price for this variant). This is in Bangalore.

What is the ongoing discounts for latest Kushaq models?
Old 28th April 2024, 09:43   #3528

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
I am getting a MY2024 Kushaq 1.5 Style AT for a final quote of 23.75L. Almost 90K discount (original price sheet shows 24.61 as the price for this variant). This is in Bangalore.

I am getting 22.9 with 3 year SMP free but without insurance, maybe it comes to same as what you got. Try to get SMP and any accessories additionally.
Old 28th April 2024, 21:17   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post

Try to get the discount on the ex showroom price, dealers inflate the insurance and then show you the discount on paper, check insurance prices online and ask the dealer to match it, otherwise take it yourself online.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 16:51   #3530
BHPian

Just read that Skoda Kushaq and Slavia gets 6 airbags as standard across all variants. Good job

https://x.com/SkodaIndia_PR/status/1785187710900269176
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20240430_164901_samsung-internet.jpg  

Last edited by thanixravindran : 30th April 2024 at 17:13.
thanixravindran is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 17:10   #3531

How Just changing 2 Headlights would be 60K Job? Am I missing something here ? From the company's website it says that one headlight would cost ~14K.

PS: This is my first ever reply. Pardon me for any mistakes.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-capture_skoda.jpg  

Old 7th May 2024, 18:55   #3532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automonk View Post
How Just changing 2 Headlights would be 60K Job? Am I missing something here ? From the company's website it says that one headlight would cost ~14K.

PS: This is my first ever reply. Pardon me for any mistakes.
Its the replacement of the entire headlight assembly and not just the bulb that's quoted here. The regular halogen headlight assembly costs 14k whereas the LED headlight assembly costs 28k a side to replace. Bulb replacement is not a part of this calculator.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 20:02   #3533
BHPian

The DRL yellowing is kind of very common in VAG cars, I have observed few of such headlights on which I found yellowing is mainly due to the heat generated on the LED resulting in DRL light guide burn and it is kind of a design flaw. If VW is following similar design pattern for all its vehicle DRL ,it’s highly likely to happen in most of their lamps eventually. It might be accelerated on some as the heat generated varies based on multiple factors.
Old 7th May 2024, 21:36   #3534
BHPian

Hello fellow Kushaq owners. Mine completed 5.5K kms and 6 months last week and here are some quick updates:

Usage: Mostly long runs with most of it being 4 lane roads, some 2 lanes and some ghats.

Mileage: MID shows some 11.x kmpl in long term. I've gotten 14.x and 15.x in tank to tank calculations for a downward ghat journey and a mostly 4-6 lane highway journey. City drives give me 7-9 kmpl (I'm mostly a sedate driver).

Pros: DSG (it's just great 95% of the time), pretty good NVH and dynamics, mostly good ride comfort.

Incidents: Got rear ended once and the bumper has a crack near the right corner of the boot (albeit not very visible to most people)

Here are a few cons and niggles:

1. The driver side window has a mind of its own at times. Nothing major but very unlike general quality in a VAG product.

2. I have the 10 inch infotainment and wireless Android auto/ Apple carplay work most of the time. However, it does disconnect 10% of the time (when you really need the navigation). Wireless connectivity was a huge thing for me while buying this vehicle, but now I permanently have a cable connected. To those looking forward to a wireless future - we aren't there just yet.

3. The occasional creaks: its bearable, but I'm surprised they haven't fixed it even in the MY24 models.

4. Auto start stop and the button: I think the system starts up the vehicle to switch on air con when the car heats up a bit and you're at a long signal which is weird. Sometimes, I want the car off at a signal, and turn on the feature (as I turn it off while starting), but it fails to do what it should. At other times (happened 3-4 times and was highly embarrassing), the feature activates, but doesn't turn on the car when I put it in D1 and let go of the break. Turning off the car manually at a signal also caused similar problems once.

5. The air con which seemed to be mostly alright has reared its ugly head in the summers and the noisy fans just add to the drama!

6.Mileage (and this is a kind of big issue): My driving style has drastically changed after going automatic and I've become a largely sedate driver. I hardly ever cross 100 kph (I cruised at 95 on the new Mysore expressway) and don't really redline/ aggressively accelerate most of the time. There are a few instances when I fully press the gas, but its momentary. Still, I get rather abysmal mileage. I don't know how some of you manage 20 kmpl when I've hardly managed 17 (I use regular petrol). Considering I had my eyes on a hybrid initially, these mileage figures do hurt a bit.

7. The brakes: They work when you brake completely, but the pedal seems to do nothing till then. I'm planning to get this examined soon as this was a partial cause for me getting rear ended once.

Happy motoring to all!
Old 8th May 2024, 05:58   #3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_guy_101 View Post
Hello fellow Kushaq owners. Mine completed 5.5K kms and 6 months last week and here are some quick updates:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience here. Yes I agree to all of your observations.

Just one suggestion, try to use Indian Oil XP95 petrol next time. It should improve the mileage by a bit.

Cheers from Bangalore. I also have the MY23 Style DSG.

Last edited by graaja : 8th May 2024 at 07:32. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
abkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 23:32   #3536
BHPian

Regarding 1.5 Manual Kushaq , can anyone comment something I am observing:
creaking sound during reverse after the car has been driven for few minutes (>15).
you park the car for an hour and then reverse - no sound.
Old 10th May 2024, 05:51   #3537
BHPian

Hi guys.

I really love the Kushaq (and the VW twin).
Wanted to check your views on the following
a) how is the 1.0 AT to drive in bumper to bumper traffic? Are the shifts smooth?
b) How is the AC performance now in the newer models?
c) What FE are 1.0 AT guys getting?
d) Any niggles that Skoda hasn't sorted yet?

Looking to buy for my wife. Can't go with 1.5 (too pricey).
M5_fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 10:56   #3538

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravs3012 View Post
Regarding 1.5 Manual Kushaq , can anyone comment something I am observing:
creaking sound during reverse after the car has been driven for few minutes (>15).
you park the car for an hour and then reverse - no sound.
An audio/video sample might be helpful. I haven't observed a sound in the above scenario but it's a different one.
Whenever the car is parked for several hours in direct sunlight with temperatures around 33 - 38 degrees centigrade, the clutch makes a noise while releasing. It is more of tight spring's noise and very annoying which I need to get checked. This pattern is very specific when car is parked in direct sunlight and a lot of heat is trapped in the cabin as well.
Old 11th May 2024, 13:08   #3539

4 months,5000 kms on KUSHAQ 1.5 TSI MT

SEARCH FOR A NEW CAR

The search for a new vehicle began in October 2023 when we were keen to replace our ageing Wagon R vxi 2009 which had 1 lakh 20 thousand kilometers on the odometer. Family wanted to upgrade to a suv or moreover a car with high ground clearance due to the usage requirements. Budget was roughly around 20-22 lakhs. We took test drives of :
Scorpio-N - did not enjoy the handling and driving dynamics, evident body roll being the reason not to go for it. Also had practicality issues for a family of four.

Creta - though feature loaded even the 1.4 turbo somewhat felt underpowered and steering response was not up to the mark which resulted in poor handling, seats were not that comfortable especially the contouring and poor build quality forced us to drop it as an option

ELEVATE - It could have been a perfectly packed car but had a concern of low fuel efficiency, wind noise at speeds of above 90 and the 1.5 i-vtec did not feel as punchy as in the city.

HYRYDER - performance was not up to the mark though we were getting an advantage of fuel efficiency with an average build quality.

TAIGUN -taigun 1.5 was amazing in all aspects. performance, driving dynamics, handling, build but only felt a bit stiffer on rough patches.

KUSHAQ the last test drive We took was of kushaq 1.0 and were amazed by the combination of handling along with the ride quality. The taigun did offer the same or slightly better handling but felt more stiff on bad patches. Considering the 5 star build quality we finalized the kushaq to be our next car. There was a confusion of engine option between 1.0 tsi and 1.5 tsi. While I was aware about the ACT ( active cylinder technology) which comes with 1.5 TSI engine the salesperson kept on telling me it comes only with 1.5 TSI DSG. Anyways that misguidance hardly mattered as i knew what's the fact. Got some good discounts along with exchange bonus so finalized the Kushaq Ambition 1.5 TSI. Booked on November 28th and got delivered on 25th December 2023.

On 21st December we did the PDI as there were some holidays on the following days. Vehcile had 4km on the Odo . Vehicle's paint wasn't having a single flaw and not a single scratch or soil mark on the vehicle. However the infotainment system was not updated. The android auto/ apple carplay was not there in the infotainment neither Bluetooth connectivity worked. Asked the salesperson to fix the same before the delivery. As 25th December was a holiday the Showroom was partially open only for delivering Vehicles. The salesperson arranged a smooth but not so exciting delivery experience but we hardly complain as there were only 4..5 staff of the showroom.
To my surprise the infotainment system wasn't fixed yet. Asked the salesperson to fix the same to which he called us and did after two days of delivery. If Asked to rate the buying experience I woud rate a 3 out of 5.

Skoda Kushaq Review-odo.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-deli.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-deli2.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-back.jpg

DRIVING EXPERIENCE

The 1.5 TSI engine producing 150hp and 250 nm torque mated to 6 speed manual gearbox provides an amazing amount of pulling power when put in the right gear. The engine seems to be in notable lag under 1400 rpm but as it Crosses 1600rpm it pulls and pulls. In the city drives and in stop and go traffic I preferably put 1st gear to pick instead of 2nd or else I end up stalling and the clutch is soft but the travel is on the longer side. On highways it's an absolute stellar to drive, thanks to the German genes that makes it a stable highway cruising car. It holds on to the curves and even lane changes at 80kmph inspires you confidence. The suspension setup is on the stiffer side making it a great highway car but on uneven roads some of the bumps do travel into the cabin.
I have driven innova crysta and creta, what 80kmph feels like in innova 110 feels in kushaq.
Skoda Kushaq Review-kms.jpg
Comfort
The seats are designed to hold you in perfect place. The front seats are very comfortable for 600 700 kms journey at a stretch, the rear seats are very much designed for two passengers and very comfortable. Had It been a little more reclined it would have been more comfortable in long journeys the firm seats help in reducing body ache. The kushaq takes on the bumps and undulations with quite ease except some major uneven roads. A thud noise comes from the suspension sometimes at slower speeds over irregularities of the road.
Skoda Kushaq Review-int1.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-puri.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-k5.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-k4.jpg
Mileage
It returns around 9 to 12 kmpl in city with mild to heavy traffic of Bhubaneswar. On highways it completely depends upon your driving. If you wish to cruise sedately with cruise control around 80 to 85 it returns around 19 to 22 thanks to the active cylinder technology which cuts power to two cylinder when not required. But if you constantly pull and rev it will return around 14 to 16 kmpl or even less if you rev more.
Skoda Kushaq Review-k3.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-k2.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-k1.jpg

Air conditioning

Ac for me works well, having temperatures of 44 45° C in Bhubaneswar, the A/C chills the cabin the in 5 to 7 minutes. When the temp is below 40 it perfectly chills the cabin in 3 to 4 minutes. When set to auto mode it helps in faster cooling of the cabin.

INTERIOR QUALITY

The interior quality could have been better with the usage of soft touch materials on the touch points. the plastic quality could have been improved. some premium touches on the steering wheel and the dashboard makes it look and feel good but a lot more could have been improved. the dashboard as a whole is sturdy and it does not rattle but a silver panel on it rattles at times when pass over uneven roads. the top part of the infotainment screen is flimsy and makes squeaking noise especially when the dashboard heats up when parked under direct sunlight.
Skoda Kushaq Review-dashboard.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-steering.jpg
FEATURES -

In the ambition model, i get a fair amount of features such as led projectors, cruise control, tpms ( not active), 8 inch infotainment, wired apple car play and android auto. Some basic features that i have missed out are ventilated seats, sunroof( not a fan of it), auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, rear fog lamps, electric seat adjustments, auto dimming rear view mirror.

i have missed 6 airbags as ambition has only 2 of them

ISSUES TILL NOW-
1. cabin noise - i have been facing some noises in the cabin coming from the dashboard ( not rattling) the screen squeaks sometimes upon heating, i put a towel on the dashboard and its gone. Very rarely a noise comes from behind the a/c console , a thud kind of noise. a consistent noise has been there from the right side rear wheel cladding or somewhere from the boot or rear right door, though its very negligible but is there. Door beadings squeaking noise has come up from last 1000kms on undulations when car passes slowly over it . Will check these issues with the service center at 7500 KMS at the time of oil top-up and will update to the forum.

2. Till date I have not received any E mail against the payment for Standard Maintenance package and extended warranty. I had made the payment of 60000 to the salesperson for the the above two mentioned items combined. i was told within in a month i would be officially notified regarding these, its already 4 months but no update from their side even after reminding them twice. Will have to meet them physically and take constant follow ups.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE

The 1.5 TSI engine is an absolute mile muncher . Just fill the tank and get going . the stability at high speeds, handling and overall ride comfort makes it a perfect highway cruiser. Still have not a long road trip in this car. Will come up with a detailed review once road trip is done.
Prasad03 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 10:56   #3540

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Hi guys.

I really love the Kushaq (and the VW twin).
Wanted to check your views on the following
a) how is the 1.0 AT to drive in bumper to bumper traffic? Are the shifts smooth?
b) How is the AC performance now in the newer models?
c) What FE are 1.0 AT guys getting?
d) Any niggles that Skoda hasn't sorted yet?

Looking to buy for my wife. Can't go with 1.5 (too pricey).
I have Style 1.0 AT since Oct'23 in Mumbai.
a) No complaints on the shifts. Acceleration in creep mode is more than required, so brakes need to be used.
b) AC performance is not great for peak summer. I had a Dzire before this, AC was much better.
c) FE in peak hours is 6-9 kmpl. On city highways is 10-13 and NH is 15-18.
d) Errors still crop up in the Infotainment system occasionally, rear view camera and voice assistant in Android Auto.

Despite these shortcomings car is comfortable and fun to drive in city traffic.

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th May 2024 at 11:04. Reason: Minor typo correction
knightryder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks