Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2023, 11:32   #3346
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Can any of the fellow Kushaq 1.5 Tsi Monte Carlo owners here advise if there are any major issues faced with the vehicle.

I've shortlisted this and the Virtus as options for purchase and just wanted to know if there's any major issues I need to be aware of? I've been told the EPC problem has been attended to and is no longer a concern. Is this correct?
Old 5th November 2023, 23:33   #3347
BHPian

Update after 1 year and 1st service:

I recently have my Ambition for its first-year service at the Bangalore Okalipuram branch.

To be honest, I didn't have any complaints. Over the past year, the car has been an absolute delight to drive. It's highly responsive and remains stable at high speeds. I've even taken it on a couple of long drives to Hyderabad and Mysore. The car was thoroughly enjoyable throughout.

Since I had already purchased the service maintenance package, my expenses were limited to additional items such as wheel balancing, alignment, sticker weights, and a few perfume refills. In total, these extras cost me around 2140/-.

I noticed an improvement in the car's performance and feel after getting it back from the service. It felt like a brand-new car again. Whatever adjustments they made, they were certainly effective, and even the occasional brake noise has disappeared.
Old 6th November 2023, 00:08   #3348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu84 View Post
Hi everyone,

I own a XUV700 and looking to purchase a second car for my wife. Have eventually narrowed down to Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT as a choice to car. I have a few questions from fellow owners, would be awesome to get your inputs too.
  1. Is the 1.0 adequately powered for city rides, thats where we will use it?
  2. What is the general efficiency seen when driving in city drives?
  3. Is the infamous AC issue in 1.0 cars resolved?

Look forward to valuable inputs!

I’ve been using my kushaq 1.0 AT primarily in the city(Bangalore).

1. I go through bumper to bumper traffic everyday and I never felt any discomfort. The response and driving feel is just top notch and incomparable to the others cars in the segment. Being slightly smaller to its competitors ends up being an advantage when driving in traffic and also when parking.

2. This totally depends on the traffic. The same 11km office route when there’s heavy traffic takes me close to 1.5hrs to commute with an FE of 6-7kpl. With moderate traffic , the FE is around 10.8-11.5kpl. Other than office drives, I get roughly around 9ish in the city. On the highways even with occasional speed bursts and constant 100+ drive I got 15kpl.

3. There’s no issue as such now. In March this year, all the cars were called for an AC update. However, it’s not as powerful as the marutis and Kia/hyundai. I was told once by a Škoda service rep that the compressor is smaller on this.
aashikf1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 20:52   #3349
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Can anyone please tell me if the Kushaq's rear view camera can be used when the car is in forward motion? Like a second rear view mirror.

I know that Hyundai - Kia offer this feature. It's called DRVM, if I'm not mistaken.

Helps at night when being tailgated by someone using the high beam.
Old 8th November 2023, 07:16   #3350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Can anyone please tell me if the Kushaq's rear view camera can be used when the car is in forward motion? Like a second rear view mirror.

I know that Hyundai - Kia offer this feature. It's called DRVM, if I'm not mistaken.

Helps at night when being tailgated by someone using the high beam.
As per my information it is not possible, at aleast in stock form.
Old 8th November 2023, 11:34   #3351

Did anyone see the festive offer on the Skoda website? It says complimentary standard maintenance package but upon reaching out to both dealer and Skoda customer care they’re saying it’s not applicable. It is applicable only for the Kodiaq.
Was anyone who got a new Kushaq able to get the complimentary SMP?

https://https://www.skoda-auto.co.in...l/kushaq-offer
nithin5497 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 11:51   #3352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Can any of the fellow Kushaq 1.5 Tsi Monte Carlo owners here advise if there are any major issues faced with the vehicle.

I've shortlisted this and the Virtus as options for purchase and just wanted to know if there's any major issues I need to be aware of? I've been told the EPC problem has been attended to and is no longer a concern. Is this correct?
Hi, I'll be taking delivery of the 1.5 Monte Carlo soon, which vehicle did you choose finally? I am not aware of any issues with the 1.5 Kushaq.
Old 8th November 2023, 12:10   #3353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post

Hi Vandit

I too have the same considerations, however, the jury is still out on the AC performance, especially for the back seat passengers.
Bangalore people are lucky in this regard because of the favorable climate. People in the North may have mixed reviews on the AC performance.
Old 8th November 2023, 13:35   #3354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer... View Post
however, the jury is still out on the AC performance
Was the AC issue reported in 1.5 variants too? IIRC it was the 1.0 which had the compressor turning off and they apparently fixed it.
Old 10th November 2023, 21:11   #3355
BHPian

So I have a small query to ask.
  • Vehicle: Kushaq 1.5 DSG Monte Carlo
  • Purchased: July23
  • Driven: 2900kms
  • Issue: door rattling noise. As if there is some gap between door and door frame.

I remember we would put water purifier plastic tubes between the door mounted upper beading as that would maintain the erect nature of the felt lining thereby reducing the friction between the door and door frame…

Please can someone add some more valuable information on the same.

Last edited by ampere : 14th November 2023 at 08:56.
Old 14th November 2023, 01:35   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin5497 View Post
Did anyone see the festive offer on the Skoda website? It says complimentary standard maintenance package but upon reaching out to both dealer and Skoda customer care they’re saying it’s not applicable. It is applicable only for the Kodiaq.
Was anyone who got a new Kushaq able to get the complimentary SMP?

https://https://www.skoda-auto.co.in...l/kushaq-offer
I got mine delivered recently. The dealer offered 50% off against SMP (they give you that 15K discount, but its adjusted against the vehicle price). The receipt actually showed 30K for SMP and this seemed like a dealer push to get people to take the SMP, rather than a Skoda offer.
I raised a query on the Skoda website on this area and a few other very apparent cost cuttings for 2023. As usual, unless the manufacturer is able to point fault at a dealer, they ignore these queries.
Auto_guy_101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 00:06   #3357
BHPian

Any idea on the offers on Kushaq active?
Old 16th November 2023, 09:10   #3358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Was the AC issue reported in 1.5 variants too? IIRC it was the 1.0 which had the compressor turning off and they apparently fixed it.
I have been driving the 1.5 Montecarlo DSG since April this year and have never faced any issue with AC performance even in the months of May/June when the summer was at its peak.
Old 16th November 2023, 11:09   #3359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
So I have a small query to ask.
  • Vehicle: Kushaq 1.5 DSG Monte Carlo
  • Purchased: July23
  • Driven: 2900kms
  • Issue: door rattling noise. As if there is some gap between door and door frame.

Please can someone add some more valuable information on the same.
Earlier there was a campaign for older vehicles where in dealership they applied some transparent tape in the frame to avoid the rattling or creaking noise between frame and door. I thought this would have been fixed in latest batches but check with the dealer and ask them to fix using the same.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 12:49   #3360
BHPian

A new software update with version 1800 has been released for the 8 inch Bolero infotainment system on Slavia and Kushaq. This version finally fixes the issue with Android auto connection on S23 series of phones!
StripleRider03 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks