Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2023, 23:13   #3286
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrabarusMark View Post
  1. Is it worth getting the insurance from Skoda or should I opt for insurance from outside?
  2. For outside insurance, should I opt for zero dep coverage considering the Skoda Assure Elite package has it included?
  3. Should I get the extended warranty at the time of purchase or later?

I'd also like to get some general reviews on Jai Auto as a dealer and the service centres in Gurgaon.
Originally, I had booked a Kushaq from Jai Auto. However, I ended up purchasing it from another dealer due to the quicker availability of my desired variant and color. While I could have obtained my preferred variant from Jai Auto with a waiting period of just 3-4 more days, I needed the car by a specific date. When I contacted them to cancel my booking, they were very friendly and promptly processed the refund. They even deposited the refund cheque themselves and I did not have to visit them even once during the cancellation period.

Though I did not buy my car from them, I do get it serviced at their service centre. I visited them once for a checkup and oil top up at 8,000 KMs and was very happy with the service. For the 15,000 KMs service, I opted for their home pick-up and drop-off facility, which once again proved to be a highly pleasant experience. I have also visited them once to get the dual tone horn installed, and once more to buy some accessories. It has been very pleasant engaging with them during each visit.

Mr Anand was my sales advisor/manager. Every time I visit the service centre, I remember to say Hi to him and chat with him about Skoda cars.

Now to answer your bullet points:
  1. Since I had already negotiated a good discount, I went with Skoda Insurance. I also renewed the insurance this year through them since they called and offered a good deal on renewal.
  2. I recommend selecting the highest IDV value, along with Zero Depreciation, Return to Invoice, and Engine Protect add-ons/features. If my understanding is correct, the IDV for a new car should be precisely 5% less than the billed ex-showroom price; however, someone on this forum might be able to confirm or correct this calculation.
  3. I got the extended warranty at the time of purchase since it's costlier later. Infact, I got the "Car + Extended Warranty + Elite Insurance + 4 Years' Service Package" to ensure a worry-free ownership.
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 02:20   #3287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrabarusMark View Post
Hello everyone,

I will be booking a Kushaq 1.5 DSG from Jai Auto Gurgaon in a few days and wanted to get general views on the cost breakdown.
  1. Is it worth getting the insurance from Skoda or should I opt for insurance from outside?
  2. For outside insurance, should I opt for zero dep coverage considering the Skoda Assure Elite package has it included?
  3. Should I get the extended warranty at the time of purchase or later?

I understand there are some niggles in the Skoda service. I'm fine with that considering I already don't trust Maruti service centres to do a decent job. If I am cautiously alert, how is the Skoda ASS in Gurgaon to deal with?
Well you can check insurance rate online, and compare with the price which dealer is giving you. Drive assure is nothing but a package of all the extra ad ons which we opt for apart from regular insurance(first party+third party). On policybazaar select all the covers which the dealer is giving you in drive assure. And you can ask the dealer to match that price, or get the insurance done yourself.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 22:28   #3288
BHPian

Hey friends,

So i have recently purchased monte carlo 1.5dsg. Its 20 days old as of now.

The problem i am facing is: siren/alarm going off when the car is parked.

This happened about 2-3 times since last 2 weeks. Any idea what it could be? I called up the service centre and they advised me to get the vehicle next week !

Please help me
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 23:07   #3289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
This happened about 2-3 times since last 2 weeks. Any idea what it could be? I called up the service centre and they advised me to get the vehicle next week !
There can be multiple issues such as key fob battery issue, issue with alarm sensitivity settings, issue with door/hood sensors. I would suggest not to wait till next week and walk-in to any Skoda service center. Tell them that this is creating a big headache for you and they will definitely try to find out the problem. Since it's a new car, you can ring your sales manager/advisor as well and take his help to get immediate attention to your car from the service center people.
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 21:57   #3290
BHPian

Hi guys, Buying Skoda Kushaq 1.0 Style AT on Friday, the car is April manufactured, please advise if I should accept the same. The VIN is MEXKPDPA5PG019405, I have asked the dealer to hold for now. I have made the full payment
Old 24th August 2023, 10:55   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Hi guys, Buying Skoda Kushaq 1.0 Style AT on Friday, the car is April manufactured, please advise if I should accept the same. The VIN is MEXKPDPA5PG019405, I have asked the dealer to hold for now. I have made the full payment
If a massive discount is given for this car, then why not . It all depends on your needs. The warranty will start from the date this car is invoiced on your name.
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 16:09   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
Thats only 4 months old, you will be using you car for a decade atleast, nothing happens in 4 month. Be happy that you don't have to wait 4 months for your car!
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 20:48   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Thats only 4 months old, you will be using you car for a decade atleast, nothing happens in 4 month. Be happy that you don't have to wait 4 months for your car!
I did a detailed PDI today using team bhp’s checklist. The car is good to go. The car was delivered to the dealer on 27th July, that allayed my fears a little. The car has MRF Wanderer tyres, are these soft tyres and good? Should I upgrade to Michelin or Continental?

The dealer was super busy as there were about 7-8 cars lined up for delivery due to the the festive rush. While most cars were from May and June (based on VIN), they all had a white sticker on the side that said May 2023, wonder what this date meant? (Image attached here)

Regards,
Satish
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-4d8054f125514ac8bb6f8885d24e5534.jpeg  

Last edited by Satishtv : 24th August 2023 at 20:51.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 20:54   #3294
BHPian

Quote:
I did a detailed PDI today using team bhp’s checklist. The car is good to go. The car was delivered to the dealer on 27th July, that allayed my fears a little. The car has MRF Wanderer tyres, are these soft tyres and good? Should I upgrade to Michelin or Continental?

The dealer was super busy as there were about 7-8 cars lined up for delivery due to the the festive rush. While most cars were from May and June (based on VIN), they all had a white sticker on the side that said May 2023, wonder what this date meant?

Regards,
Satish
That's good news, there's one more tyre which many people tend to forget, MRF perfinza, the tyres have really good reviews everywhere including Tbhp, you can search for them and read the reviews. They offer 95% of the performance at 70% of the cost.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 15:52   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Barely missed the 1100 km mark this time.

Had I driven a little less enthusiastically at times, I would have managed it easily

Got 20.7 kpl (1076 km / 51.96 litres) in a full tank of petrol.

For those who don't know, I have a Kushaw 1.0 AT (Torque Converter).

My daily commute is b/w Greater Noida and Noida. A day's trip is around 70 kms, which is 60% expressway and 40% city.

I drive at a speed when the engine feels the smoothest, that is, 80 kph, 1400-1500 rpm at 6th gear. Though, during the course of 1000 kms, the speedo does cross north of 100 kph multiple times.

Also, I don't use the AC much because I smoke in the car. Roughly 40% of the 1076 km would have been with the AC on.

The fuel I use is HP's Power 95 octane. I started using it, solely because it makes the engine run the smoothest. The added performance is only a bonus.

Normal petrol, I feel, it gets a little coarse. However, fuel efficiency remains the same. I have done multiple 1000 km tank full runs on normal petrol as well.

The last image is the range it shows, after the tank full.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20230825_093940.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20230825_094502.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20230825_095749.jpg  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 25th August 2023 at 15:53.
ashutoshb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 18:13   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Barely missed the 1100 km mark this time.

Had I driven a little less enthusiastically at times, I would have managed it easily

Got 20.7 kpl (1076 km / 51.96 litres) in a full tank of petrol.

For those who don't know, I have a Kushaw 1.0 AT (Torque Converter).
That's a brilliant mileage man, and something I can only hope to see someday. I think there are few factors that work in your favour:
1. Your running distance of 70 km - I have noticed that this car struggles to get decent mileage over shorter runs.
2. Highway driving - car does manage respectable mileage when driven consistently at same speed. My commute almost never allows for that, resulting in mileage mostly in range of 12-15 kmpl.
3. AC off - I personally haven't tested how much impact this has, but I assume it must be adding another 1-2 kmpl.

Just curious, how much has your car run and how many services you've had? Do you follow some rules like not revving past 2000 rpm or using cruise control whenever possible?
RohanPitre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 01:13   #3297
BHPian

A couple of questions for Kushaq owners here:

1. How comfortable and ergonomic is the two-spoke steering wheel on the Kushaq? I'm asking because I found the two-spoke wheel on my old Esteem a tad bit more challenging to maneuver compared to the more common three-spoke wheels

2. Is the rear seat bench comfortable during extended drives? I comprehend that the width is appropriate for two adults, but this is the scenario with most CSUVs, anyway

3. Has anyone encountered issues with the ECU on the new BS6 Phase II compliant vehicle?
Old 1st September 2023, 13:41   #3298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
1. How comfortable and ergonomic is the two-spoke steering wheel on the Kushaq? I'm asking because I found the two-spoke wheel on my old Esteem a tad bit more challenging to maneuver compared to the more common three-spoke wheels
I can only answer one question for you, I have driven the Octavia extensively and it has the same steering wheel as the Kushaq, the two spoke steering is really well made and is ergonomicaly perfect, no learning curve needed, it looks great as well.
abaliga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 14:27   #3299
BHPian

I purchased my Kushaq Monte Carlo 1.5 DSG in December 2022, have been running it in RON 91 fuel since beginning, so that's 8 months in a tow.

Does it really make a difference? does performance take a real exponential downgrade or it's okay to continue refueling with Normal fuel. i never faced any engine knock due to this.

Other Owners can pitch in with ideas why RON95 makes more sense.
Old 1st September 2023, 18:47   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
A couple of questions for Kushaq owners here:

2. Is the rear seat bench comfortable during extended drives? I comprehend that the width is appropriate for two adults, but this is the scenario with most CSUVs, anyway
The recline angle and bucket seats at the rear are perfect for long drives, we recently did a 500km trip Mumbai - Shirdi - Mumbai on same day and my parents were extremely pleased with the comfort the car offered.
vagman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks