Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2023, 05:59   #3271
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Last week, I visited the service centre to get the software update for the driver side window issue and more importantly to get the wheel balancing and alignment done as I do it at 10K intervals.

I booked an appointment but was 30 mins late in the morning due to OMR traffic.

Now to make things interesting, there is small fresh dent in rear right door. I am sure it was not there in the morning when I started home.
Was this in the Service centre near Perumgudi ?
The road leading to the Service centre itself is so bad, if one drives there, lots of chances to have scratches.

Will share my experience in few days.
mah45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 15:20   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
Sorry to hear about the dent on your car, you are right about the crowd especially on weekends it is a miracle how they manage the cars without dinging it more often. Also something that bothers me are the mechanics leaning on the car potentially scratching the paint and interior protection/seat covers are only there for formality.

Few things I follow when I take my car for service:
Great compilation of points for service visit. I pretty much follow the same for my i10 as well Kushaq. I never use pick up and drop services. This time also I personally went on a weekday taking leave thinking it will be a smooth affair.

I tried to go early but they generally will be available by 9.30 AM only. I no longer drive in OMR so miscalculated the metro mayhem. It took 90 minutes from my home and I was totally drained out as I skipped breakfast since I started from home by 8.30 AM. Any way it is a small dent and have to consider this as lesson learnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Why would you even align / balance your car on the service centre? The majority of the time they themselves outsource it, add a margin and serve no value addition.
Skoda is notorious for not honoring warranty. They will even cite outside rubber mats for engine trouble . I confirmed with them 10k interval is ok as I don't want any suspension related warranty issues in future. So I will stick with them till warranty and extended warranty. I don't think they outsourced but did in house. The dent and two paint marks in door is of tools which I figured out while washing at home. For i10 wheel alignment, I generally do outside each 10k KMs. Post warranty, Kushaq will follow the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Was this in the Service centre near Perumgudi ?
The road leading to the Service centre itself is so bad, if one drives there, lots of chances to have scratches.

Will share my experience in few days.
Yes Kun Skoda. My experience with them is quite good both buying and servicing. But being the only service center in entire South Chennai, they should ramp up or get satellite service centres without body shop in other places too. Gurudev service center I think is in Ambattur and quite far away from me.

The road leading to Service center from OMR is in the same pathetic state since time immemorial as it goes to sewage treatment plant with sewage tankers using it. Ironically, road is named as corporation road

Don't enter the road directly from OMR signal. Use the Thoraipakkam - Pallavaram road, then use Anna main road to reach near service center.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 19:00   #3273

Hello,

Do any of you have used seat covers for monte carlo edition? I searched on Skoda site, but did not got any accessories for monte carlo edition.
If I fit aftermarket, will that affect warranty? any site recommendations?

I am based in Pune.
Old 9th August 2023, 06:54   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
Hello,

Do any of you have used seat covers for monte carlo edition? I searched on Skoda site, but did not got any accessories for monte carlo edition.
If I fit aftermarket, will that affect warranty? any site recommendations?

I am based in Pune.
1.Why do you want to hide your seat covers though? The design of the seats are part of the Monte Carlo package, if you'll put put a cover you'll change that.
2. Your car has 6 airbags, 2 out of which are in the front seats, a seat cover on them might obstruct their functioning.
3. Your front seats are ventilated, a cover would again stop their functioning.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 07:01   #3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
1.Why do you want to hide your seat covers though? The design of the seats are part of the Monte Carlo package, if you'll put put a cover you'll change that.
2. Your car has 6 airbags, 2 out of which are in the front seats, a seat cover on them might obstruct their functioning.
3. Your front seats are ventilated, a cover would again stop their functioning.
Thank you for the reply... because of the kids, I think seats will be spoiled earlier than expected... I was under impression that we can have ventilated seat covers without obstructing airbags..
any other suggestions/ hacks for the same??
Old 9th August 2023, 09:51   #3276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
Thank you for the reply... because of the kids, I think seats will be spoiled earlier than expected... I was under impression that we can have ventilated seat covers without obstructing airbags..
any other suggestions/ hacks for the same??
Sorry, if my post comes across as offensive, but it's better to explain to your kids to treat the car as their own and take care of its interiors. Putting covers on MonteCarlo is not advisable due to reasons mentioned in above post.
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 21:12   #3277
BHPian

It will be expensive to maintain but good thing is that the Matte colour is available from base variant for the Kushaq, and yes the 1.5 TSI badge continues here as well same as Slavia:

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 21:30   #3278
BHPian

Is everyone using the mySkoda Connect App able to access the live map location service on their apps?

This is regarding the original app advertised during the launch of the vehicle which apparently is not supported by the newer cars post March 2023. I am able to use all other features but cannot see the exact location of the vehicle on the map. The service assistants seem clueless about this so wanted to know if there is any solution for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Has Skoda removed the diamond cut Alloys from the Style Variant or is this specific to Matte edition cars? IMO the Diamond Cut alloys really worked well for the Kushaq even more so for the Matte edition.
Old 12th August 2023, 19:29   #3279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Is everyone using the mySkoda Connect App able to access the live map location service on their apps?

This is regarding the original app advertised during the launch of the vehicle which apparently is not supported by the newer cars post March 2023. I am able to use all other features but cannot see the exact location of the vehicle on the map. The service assistants seem clueless about this so wanted to know if there is any solution for this.
Mine is 2022 Jan model and was able to use live location even a week ago in the My Skoda connect app. However I changed my phone last week and I am now not able to even login in the new phone. I logged out in old phone and formatted that phone. Upon entering login otp in new phone, it tells error message like Registration service is busy and try some other time.
Old 12th August 2023, 21:52   #3280
BHPian

All Kushaq owners: those with Jio dongle.. the app is undergoing some kind of maintenance. As a result it'll not work for few days. Don't have precise ETA from Skoda SA.
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 09:12   #3281

Quote:
Mine is 2022 Jan model and was able to use live location even a week ago in the My Skoda connect app. However I changed my phone last week and I am now not able to even login in the new phone. I logged out in old phone and formatted that phone. Upon entering login otp in new phone, it tells error message like Registration service is busy and try some other time.

You may use JioThings app, it is working. For me Sokda Connect app is only sending notifications but I am unable to login like most users have reported.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 09:59   #3282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek.ckt View Post
You may use JioThings app, it is working. For me Sokda Connect app is only sending notifications but I am unable to login like most users have reported.
Thanks. I have used Jiomotive app initially to enable the SSID of the dongle which is the original app and My Skoda Connect is the reskinned version of it. It is also not working for me. Is Jiothings another app to be used in place of Jiomotive?
Old 13th August 2023, 10:07   #3283

Quote:
Thanks. I have used Jiomotive app initially to enable the SSID of the dongle which is the original app and My Skoda Connect is the reskinned version of it. It is also not working for me. Is Jiothings another app to be used in place of Jiomotive?
Yes, JioThings is another app, try it.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:40   #3284
BHPian

How competent are Skoda service stations in general in dealing with rattles?
For the uninitiated, I bought a pre-owned Kushaq in July with 15k on odo. The car did not have any serious rattles apart from some armrest rattles and squeaky sounds from door pads.
In the 2k kms I have driven in my 1 month ownership, the rattles have increased. Armest rattle is constant now, door squeaks are much more pronounced, and there are occasional rattles from dashboard, speedometer and AC vents. In my experience, the rattles really kick in on bad roads. And unfortunately, I have bad roads everywhere due to monsoon.
I have my first (car's 2nd) service coming up in a couple of weeks. And I'm going to point out all these rattles. Just not sure if they will fix it. My experience so far with Maruti, Mahindra and Volkswagen has been bad in terms of rattles. Either they just don't acknowledge it, or they simply call it a non-issue and fail to fix it.
RohanPitre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 22:33   #3285
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I will be booking a Kushaq 1.5 DSG from Jai Auto Gurgaon in a few days and wanted to get general views on the cost breakdown.
  1. Is it worth getting the insurance from Skoda or should I opt for insurance from outside?
  2. For outside insurance, should I opt for zero dep coverage considering the Skoda Assure Elite package has it included?
  3. Should I get the extended warranty at the time of purchase or later?

I'd also like to get some general reviews on Jai Auto as a dealer and the service centres in Gurgaon. I've found the SAs at Jai to be pleasant to deal with at the pre-purchase stage. They haven't been pushy with booking the car and I've visited the showroom three times and interacted with three different SAs. Are they just as pleasant and responsive after booking?

I understand there are some niggles in the Skoda service. I'm fine with that considering I already don't trust Maruti service centres to do a decent job. If I am cautiously alert, how is the Skoda ASS in Gurgaon to deal with?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks