Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2023, 15:25   #3196
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Wheel Alignment and Throttle Body Cleaning Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodash View Post
My Kushaq has completed 15000 Kilometers yesterday and has gone for the first service today. I have taken the SMP package under which the service cost is covered.

1. What should be the frequency of throttle body clean up and if I get it done from outside, what should be the cost for a Kushaq? Is it safe to get it done outside? I am worried if it may void any warranty or cause some throttle calibration issues. Surprisingly, I have not seen this service included in the service updates of Kushaq owners on Team BHP.

]
Your user manual states each and everything which should be replaced/cleaned/checked/inspected on each and every service, stick to that only, don't listen to service center folks. You should go through the service manual once, you'll know a lot about your vehicle too.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 17:14   #3197
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hi
I have noticed this issue quite recently in my Kushaq Ambition 1.0 TSI. Whenever I enter my office basement the instrument cluster background lights go all dark and only the RPM and the Speedo needles remain illuminated
Took it up with the Service Station (Ring Road ) in GGM but they were unable to fix it
Anyone else facing the same issues and if yes we’re you able to get it resolved?
Similarly at night when I turn on the parking lights (rotate the knob just once ) the instrument cluster remains dark however the other control panels lit up
Is it by design or any issue in the car
Arkanile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 19:37   #3198
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Wheel Alignment and Throttle Body Cleaning Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
1. I think on 50k, not sure though, but not at all recommended on first service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Your user manual states each and everything which should be replaced/cleaned/checked/inspected on each and every service, stick to that only, don't listen to service center folks.
Thanks guys. I did not go for Throttle Body cleaning despite the gentle push from the service advisor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
You should go through the service manual once, you'll know a lot about your vehicle too.
Like you said (or hinted), I searched for 'throttle body' in the manual and on the service details page of Skoda India and didn't find a single mention. That reminds me, I have read only half the manual, and should finish it now.

On a side not, here is the link to download Owner's Manuals for all the Skoda India cars, if anyone needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
I went to the service centre today and learned about some ongoing campaigns, and please see If you have not done it already, you can get it in service centre.
I got the driver-side window motor software update. The service advisor said that they'll also do any other update if available. I didn't check what other update they did since, I had no other issues.
nicodash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 19:59   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Hi
I have noticed this issue quite recently in my Kushaq Ambition 1.0 TSI. Whenever I enter my office basement the instrument cluster background lights go all dark and only the RPM and the Speedo needles remain illuminated
Took it up with the Service Station (Ring Road ) in GGM but they were unable to fix it
Anyone else facing the same issues and if yes we’re you able to get it resolved?
Similarly at night when I turn on the parking lights (rotate the knob just once ) the instrument cluster remains dark however the other control panels lit up
It's a safety feature in the car, when it gets dark the instrument cluster will become dark too so that you switch on the lights. Even in the variants which have auto headlight, if you switch off the lights, the whole cluster becomes unusable till you switch on the lights. So practically forcing you to switch on the lights and be visible to others.

Good feature i would say as I have seen many people drive their cars using DRLs in the dark(rear lights don't usually light up with DRLs). Also DRLs while being bright don't light up the road.
Grease_Monkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 01:20   #3200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
It's a safety feature in the car, when it gets dark the instrument cluster will become dark too so that you switch on the lights. Even in the variants which have auto headlight, if you switch off the lights, the whole cluster becomes unusable till you switch on the lights. So practically forcing you to switch on the lights and be visible to others.

Good feature i would say as I have seen many people drive their cars using DRLs in the dark(rear lights don't usually light up with DRLs). Also DRLs while being bright don't light up the road.
Thanks for this!! On a separate note I am not a big fan of the Stock white lights provided
I have tried to inquire from the dealer on the option of switching over to the good old yellows but their standard response is “All cars are coming equipped with white lights and they don’t have permission to change”

Any insight on what bulbs would work on the Kushaq if I get it done from a FNG and the impact it would have on the warranty of the car
Old 13th May 2023, 07:42   #3201
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this!! On a separate note I am not a big fan of the Stock white lights provided
I have tried to inquire from the dealer on the option of switching over to the good old yellows but their standard response is “All cars are coming equipped with white lights and they don’t have permission to change”

Any insight on what bulbs would work on the Kushaq if I get it done from a FNG and the impact it would have on the warranty of the car
By white bulbs you mean LEDs projector I think. Yeah, I am not a fan of LED lights especially for highways and rain. The best and probably cheapest option would be the halogen setup from the base variant (should be plug and play) and replace the stock bulbs with better ones. But, if your car is in warranty, I would wait unless you are willing to risk the electric warranty.
Old 13th May 2023, 09:26   #3202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
By white bulbs you mean LEDs projector I think. Yeah, I am not a fan of LED lights especially for highways and rain. The best and probably cheapest option would be the halogen setup from the base variant (should be plug and play) and replace the stock bulbs with better ones. But, if your car is in warranty, I would wait unless you are willing to risk the electric warranty.
Some of the recent OEM LED headlights I have experienced in the rain were far superior to halogen, I doubt there is any smart OEM who would be interested in selling their cheaper models anymore given the current demand for vehicles. It is unlikely that they will spend anything other than bare minimum effort towards halogen headlights of the base model, It would be just to meet regulations - all halogen headlights are not the same at all, some are absolutely terrible, some are amazing.
Old 13th May 2023, 10:01   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Some of the recent OEM LED headlights I have experienced in the rain were far superior to halogen, I doubt there is any smart OEM who would be interested in selling their cheaper models anymore given the current demand for vehicles. It is unlikely that they will spend anything other than bare minimum effort towards halogen headlights of the base model, It would be just to meet regulations - all halogen headlights are not the same at all, some are absolutely terrible, some are amazing.
Totally agree, but what I experienced with my Taigun is that even with highbeams, the light fades pretty quickly in the highways, and if there is oncoming traffic with high beams, it becomes quite difficult. On the other hand, the low beam is excellent with a good cutout pattern, good enough for slower speeds in the city - I rarely have to switch to highbeams.
Old 16th May 2023, 01:10   #3204

Switching drive modes while car is moving

Hi

I own a skoda Kushaq 1.0 AT.
I wanted to know if it is safe to switch between manual and automatic modes while car is moving.
Asking this because I feel there is a lag while accelerating the car just after braking in automatic mode. This lag is not felt much if I switch to manual mode. So I feel comfortable in moving to manual mode right before accelerating after braking and then moving back to automatic mode once I've got a comfortable pace.
dr_doof96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 19:55   #3205
BHPian

Re: Switching drive modes while car is moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_doof96 View Post
Hi

I own a skoda Kushaq 1.0 AT.
I wanted to know if it is safe to switch between manual and automatic modes while car is moving.
Asking this because I feel there is a lag while accelerating the car just after braking in automatic mode. This lag is not felt much if I switch to manual mode. So I feel comfortable in moving to manual mode right before accelerating after braking and then moving back to automatic mode once I've got a comfortable pace.
That is how TC gearbox works but there should not be a major lag that you need to shift to manual everytime after braking. Maybe get the gearbox checked at service center.
Old 22nd May 2023, 12:12   #3206

Hi BHPians,

I am planning to purchase the 1.0 AT Style variant of the Skoda Kushaq from the Akoya dealer in Pune. I would like to know about their after-sales service and responsiveness. I have read some horror stories about cheating and unresponsive dealers, so I am a bit concerned.

I would also like to know about the reliability and spare quality of the Kushaq versus the Volkswagen Taigun (1.0 Topline variant). Which one of these cars is more reliable in the long term?

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for considering my request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We suffer more in imagination than in reality.” -- Seneca
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:30   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Hi Arkanile,

I have Taigun 1.0 AT and have a similar issue of instrument cluster going dark. I have asked my Service Advisor couple of times to look into it but they have not been able to do anything.

I would like to highlight that it is a risk and I don't agree that it is a safety feature. At minimum, it should not remain dark when parking lights are switched on. In none of the other cars that I have driven, do the Instrument cluster lighting don't change to light mode when parking lights are switched on.

I am speculating that this is a software issue which was designed for auto headlights and that auto feature has been removed in the Ambition model. So the software waits for the light to be fully swicthed on for the cluster to change its illumination.

I would also like to ask you to see post #2727 in this thread where the person has highlighted that the issue has been solved by software upgrade.

This is what he said:
"The backlight of the instrument cluster - Earlier it did not use to turn on during the time of low light situations, for example at dawn or dusk. Now it stays on."

Do let me know if you find a solution for this. Thanks.
Quatro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 09:23   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Surprising!
Most dealers would be happy to sell you a set of alloys and overpriced tyres!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
Yes surprising. I was just curious and asked the sales advisor who sold me my 1.5 Style, and the figure I got was 60K for a set of 4. Now, why would the dealer not want to make such money
Is that because of upright and fair practise by dealer (Gurudev Motors) in Chennai ? I remember seeing them set shop in 2004 in my neighborhood.

Asking this because I'm looking to get in to Skoda brand but scary news of dealers taking customers for ride is a huge deterrent.

Duster Turbo power is addictive but want to get luxury feel and other creative comforts of European brand. Also looking at Citroen brand as well. Please share your inputs.
Old 26th May 2023, 11:26   #3209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
Is that because of upright and fair practise by dealer (Gurudev Motors) in Chennai ? I remember seeing them set shop in 2004 in my neighborhood.

Asking this because I'm looking to get in to Skoda brand but scary news of dealers taking customers for ride is a huge deterrent.

Duster Turbo power is addictive but want to get luxury feel and other creative comforts of European brand. Also looking at Citroen brand as well. Please share your inputs.
Renault is an European brand as well. Of course, the Duster is a bit dated. But it is an excellent drive, nevertheless.
Old 26th May 2023, 11:46   #3210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The cluster has an ambient light sensor which senses the light and adjusts the brightness of the dials. This has been the way for some time for most VAG cars with premium clusters and looks like this has trickled down to the newer cars too.

Ideally, as someone brought out, this should be paired with the automatic lights so it turns on the lights and illuminates the cluster as well when you enter a dark area from a well lit one like a tunnel or basement.

The instrument cluster that I had swapped into my Polo had this feature but I had the automatic light module as well:

Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks