Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 12:56   #3091

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djangokl View Post
I will ask this doubt as simply as I can. Based on the response from here, I am going in for a war against EVM Skoda, Kochi.

Does Kushaq Ambition AT 1.0 come with Skoda connect features? My car is a 2022, August model with 10" infotainment and has wireless android auto/Apple car play. The dealer never agrees that it comes with Skoda connect features. However, Braucher downloaded from the Skoda website says the opposite. I am confused.
Update on this:

My car had Jio dongle installed but it wasn't lighting up. Visited the showroom and it started blinking. However, the CRM software was still on the defensive side. After three days of uncertainty, I was able to use the connect features with my secondary phone number. Skoda didn't like my primary phone number for some reason.

So now, I am able to use the Skoda Connect app. I can see the information and all. However, the new "Skoda ConnectED" app still doesn't recognize my phone number. It says the number is not in their system. From what I have seen from the screenshots, looks like the ConnectED app is much better in terms of UI/UX. I feel hopeless to contact the Skoda dealer again. Does anyone have any direct solution to contact Skoda on this matter?
Old 16th February 2023, 16:16   #3092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djangokl View Post
Update on this:

My car had Jio dongle installed but it wasn't lighting up. Visited the showroom and it started blinking. However, the CRM software was still on the defensive side. After three days of uncertainty, I was able to use the connect features with my secondary phone number. Skoda didn't like my primary phone number for some reason.

So now, I am able to use the Skoda Connect app. I can see the information and all. However, the new "Skoda ConnectED" app still doesn't recognize my phone number. It says the number is not in their system. Does anyone have any direct solution to contact Skoda on this matter?
If I remember correctly from previous posts, the new app is for cars with new dongle from Airtel. If you are with Jio dongle, I guess you will be with MySkoda connect app only.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 18:22   #3093
BHPian

Does the Style 1.0 AT come with 6 airbags?
It says so on the Skoda brochure but Carwale website mentions a "6 air bag model" for ~1.4 lakhs more
Old 18th February 2023, 21:31   #3094
BHPian

code6 has unlocked the ECU for the 1.0TSI engines!!!

Code6 Stage 1 95octane ECU tune done for Kushaq 1.0TSI Automatic & Taigun 1.0TSI Manual!
Both cars noted improved acceleration, better top speeds, and better fuel economy!
Approx figures 135HP/260NM
Tunes are available for all the new 1.0TSI models including Skoda Kushaq & Slavia, Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus

Replacement inlet pipes, replacement filters & downpipes are also available with them...

This is NOT an Ad...just sharing some new information I found.
losblancos_sr4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 13:17   #3095

Hello BHPians, I'm new here and have been reading the excellent reviews and comments about Kushaq since I'm planning to buy one. I'm planning to buy the Ambition 1.0 MT Brilliant Silver variant.

The Brilliant Silver color is not present in the 2022 stock at the dealership near me (Gem Phoenix Skoda, Thrissur, Kerala). They informed me that only the white and carbon steel colors were currently present. I don't really want the white color because it's quite common, and carbon steel is also crossed out as my older brother has a Jazz with meteoroid grey metallic color, which is similar to carbon steel.

The manager at the dealership also told me that there are offers on the 2022 models that would probably not be present for the 2023 models. The 4-year SMP program is given for free, and the 5th and 6th year EW is given at a discounted price of 14,999/-. These offers are valid till February end, and new offers are announced in March.

Also, will there be a possibility that the 2023 model price will be marked up due to BS6 phase 2 implementation? Creta and Venue already got a price increase (20k and 10k).

Considering these factors, should I bite the bullet and get a white 2022 model (it's a November/December make), or should I wait for the brilliant silver model to arrive? What do you guys think?
Old 22nd February 2023, 13:54   #3096
BHPian

Got this notification on my Skoda app. Is this for the same software update that was released some time back or Skoda has come up with a hardware solution?

I am yet to get the software update done.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20230222134224.jpg  

KuvamBansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:18   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuvamBansal View Post
Got this notification on my Skoda app. Is this for the same software update that was released some time back or Skoda has come up with a hardware solution?

I am yet to get the software update done.
I too got this notification. During my first annual service, there was a campaign for my vehicle and it was a software update for AC performance. It was completed. Chennai summer is yet to set in and hence couldn't measure the impact. Not sure what this notification is and whether it is the same or any further improvement is made.
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 18:59   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xskull03 View Post

The manager at the dealership also told me that there are offers on the 2022 models that would probably not be present for the 2023 models. The 4-year SMP program is given for free, and the 5th and 6th year EW is given at a discounted price of 14,999/-. These offers are valid till February end, and new offers are announced in March.

Considering these factors, should I bite the bullet and get a white 2022 model (it's a November/December make), or should I wait for the brilliant silver model to arrive? What do you guys think?
4 Year SMP costs Rs 25K. EW costs 15K. That is a total of Rs 40K as discount. I got discount of 60-65K on Monte Carlo 1.5 DSG in October 2022. You should be able to get more than 40K discount even on 2023 models. The discount for 2022 models should be Rs 1 Lakhs or more, otherwise no benefit of going for older model. Skoda sales have been stagnated for the past few months, so you would keep getting good discounts in March and beyond as well.

Check with some other dealerships from nearby towns and bluff that you are getting 60-70K as discount from the first dealership on '22 model, and ask them to give you substantially better offer. I did exactly this and had got 30K extra discount and 10k worth free accessories.
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 18:43   #3099
BANNED

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for an upgrade for my present Honda Brio S MT. I love the engine response in this car, because of lower curb weight, it's happy to rev, but overall power and safety seem inadequate now. Till date, I had no extra repair than regular services and tyre change for 8 year old Brio(60k) - she has been very reliable.

Budget: around 15 lakh

Priorities:
  • Descent power - i cruise at 85-100 on highways, city has very light traffic.
  • Run:8-10k/year with 60% city, 40% highway. Discarded XUV400 for the same reason, price is not justified for my run.
  • Safety - It must have solid frame/body apart from safety features, so Kia is ruled out.
  • Powerful AC is must, as I live in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, temperature easily reaching to 45 in summer. It's scorching in afternoon already!
  • Nice ICE/Clear sound(open to get aftermarket upgrade, if it does not void warranty. I do not need subwoofer, nice speakers are enough) - I like kushaq audio very much! Hated XUV300's audio.
  • Reliability - I do not want to get stranded with occasional road trips I've started taking.
  • Somewhat premium feel and interior space - want to feel upgraded! I cannot be inside all black interiors, feel claustrophobic! open to after market solutions.
  • Descent milage, or I'm okay with milage if base price is lower
  • I will keep only 1 car, as it's jut me and my wife. So it needs to be small enough to go easily with city traffic, big enough for stability on highways. Can compromise on boot for the same.

Based on above, I liked
  1. Skoda Kushaq Ambition 1.0 TSI MT
  2. XUV 300
  3. Brezza VXI

I had a test drive of Kushaq 1.0 TSI and I'm leaning towards to finalise Kushaq 1.0 TSI Ambition, here are my analysis:

Dealer quoted: 15L On Road for Petrol Ambition 1.0 MT + Essential Accessories + 4 year Maintenance package + Insurance with RSA. I feel they may do little more discount probably.

Pros:
  • Power seems okay for my need, accelerates quickly.
  • Cabin feels super premium over rivals, I just loved it!
  • Loved the sound!
  • Considering lower numbers, they have it in stock, so no waiting.

Doubts:
  • Will it get me stranded on one of my road-trips ?
  • AC performance for 1.0 TSI would be adequate ?

XUV300
Another deal I'm getting is 2022 model of XUV 300 W8(O) Petrol 1.2 Turbo(not TGDI or turbo sport) for somewhere below 13L from a friend's dealership. I will compromise on color, but that's okay. Interiors are okay, but they have light grey option, which is great for me, and everything ticks apart from rear AC vent, Music(sound's horrible, my 15k JBL 300W sounds better at home)Milage is low, but considering overall price diff, I can buy fuel for remaining or my budget! Also loved the test drive, the engine is very responsive.

Brezza
Seems to be the most practical car with milage, and all features, nice speakers. I'm yet to get a test drive. No offence, but Maruti Suzuki Arena seems super lousy, they did not arrange for test drive, no follow up either, makes me question if I will feel upgraded from Honda or degraded!
Doubts:
  • Have 4 month waiting period
  • Lacking 6th gear seems incomplete, and has to rev hard even after 80kmph I heard!
  • Not sure I will feel upgraded actually seating inside!

Discarded Kia for safety, Hyundai for being too common, but I will test drive creata, just not to miss, Didn't like the Hyrider/Vitara because of bigger on outside, smaller on inside, didn't check other competitors. Nexon seems somewhat smaller, pricier and not so refined.
Nepster88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 11:45   #3100
Team-BHP Support

My friend is getting a Kushaq 1.5L TSI DSG with a 1.7L discount. We went to see the car at the yard and while everything seems somewhat in order following issues were noted:

1. Headliner is old design, you can see it shakes a lot more than the new car parked next to it in the yard. The new one has no flex but the old one even with 1 finger flexes.
2. The door beadings are old and not as thick and padded as the new car. This means rattles will come for sure and can be replaced under warranty.
3. The discs look old since car was parked. It's not just surface rust but vs a new car pristine discs these look aged due to exposure to the elements over months. I know this wont impact functionality but just doesnt feel like 20 lakhs new car.

The car is April 2022 manufactured but sitting in factory for months as it did not have a head unit.

The car has analog dials plus older 10 inch infotainment + subwoofer. The newer cars have no sub, 8inch screen and virtual dials.

Skoda manufactured cars in april 2022 and then had shortage of 10inch touch screens. These cars have been parked in factory since then. In october the touch screen stock came and they were fitted with them and sold at discounts.

Even with all this should he go for the April 2022 car or no?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st March 2023 at 11:48.
Old 1st March 2023, 12:00   #3101
BHPian

As far as I am aware, most of the issues were sorted out in the July'22 onwards manufactured cars. There is no official communication on this, but I had been following various Kushaq owners' FB groups before buying myKushaq in October'22. I have been recommending people to be cautious towards cars manufactured earlier.

I would recommend avoiding it.
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:20   #3102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
My friend is getting a Kushaq 1.5L TSI DSG with a 1.7L discount. We went to see the car at the yard and while everything seems somewhat in order following issues were noted:

*Snip*

Even with all this should he go for the April 2022 car or no?
No deal breakers as such from your observation.

Other than the monetary benefits from discount, is this what your friend wants?

Have a look at its VW twin as well, from an outside appearance the Taigun looks more premium, I hear there are discounts on that vehicle too.
Old 1st March 2023, 13:32   #3103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodash View Post
As far as I am aware, most of the issues were sorted out in the July'22 onwards manufactured cars. There is no official communication on this, but I had been following various Kushaq owners' FB groups before buying myKushaq in October'22. I have been recommending people to be cautious towards cars manufactured earlier.

I would recommend avoiding it.
Yes this car doesn't have any of the issues sorted out and apart from roofliner and door beading and better stitching on seats, we have no clue on what else could have been sorted from July that we are not aware of.

This is what is holding me from recommending the car to him. For 20L to not have all the complaints sorted even at discount is not a very positive feeling.

It's like buying factory outlet cars with small issues at lower price.
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:17   #3104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes this car doesn't have any of the issues sorted out and apart from roofline and door beading and better stitching on seats, we have no clue on what else could have been sorted from July that we are not aware of.

This is what is holding me from recommending the car to him. For 20L to not have all the complaints sorted even at discount is not a very positive feeling.

It's like buying factory outlet cars with small issues at lower price.
Except for the roofline(which I don't touch btw, but would feel good if it had better quality), I have had no other complaints till now, I have the very first kushaq made in July-2021, and AC is also fixed now with the recent update done. No door sound due to beading or anything, driven 17000 km.
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 23:10   #3105
BHPian

Took delivery of my Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT. Previous cars being 2010 Ford Figo and 2013 Ford Ecosport Tdci, the requirement was to move from MT to AT. Preference was to have TC gearbox and stay away from DSG or the CVT. Hence booked the Sonet Diesel HTX AT waited for 3 months and then with no sight of delivery, shifted to Kushaq.
Kushaq was never on my list considering all the earlier batch issues, then started to see more of them on the road and the look started to grow on me. Went in for test drive in 1st week of January and decided to wait for the 2023 model which was alloted in 2 week's. The delivery got delayed due to the car lease and some road work close to home.

Initials impressions:
- Engine refinement is good at city speeds. Gear shifts are reasonably smooth.
- Creep function is super aggressive and this was not the case with the test drive cars.
- not a fan of START-STOP function, default should have been set to Off.
- Ride quality at lower speed is better than the Fords.
- Steering is light at low speed, not sure if the steering feedback and weight would match the Fords at higher speed.
sansvk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks