Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 11:22   #2986
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
Greetings fellow Bhpians,

Yesterday on my way back home from South Extension, I got stuck in a long traffic jam near Lodhi Garden, post which I did not observe anything unusual.
It's probably your DSG overheating due to heavy stop go traffic, this is quite normal from what I gather for most Dual clutch gearboxes. I wouldn't worry too much, however would advise you to raise this concern with SA just for added assurance Happy motoring
Old 28th November 2022, 17:40   #2987

I'm searching for a CSUV for quite some time and shortlisted the VAG twins, Kushaq and Taigun. Recently faced a strange issue related to Kushaq. My SA confirmed that he can arrange the dream configuration, i.e. Kushaq Style 1.5 DSG along with 10" infotainment with sub-woofer and virtual cockpit. SA also confirmed that the vehicle is manufactured in Oct 2022.

Asked SA to share VIN prior to booking and to my surprise, 6th letter of VIN indicated "E" or May 2022, which is almost 6 months old. However, surprisingly Vahan (Parivahan) portal indicates manufacturing month as Oct 2022 for the same VIN. My SA strongly contested my VIN decoding supported by screenshots from the Vahan site. With utmost belief on Team-BHP VIN decoding guidelines, I didn't relent. As per SA the vehicle was still in transit.

Moreover, Skoda started offering virtual cockpit in Kushaq recently and in my opinion, it's not available in Aug 2022 manufactured models. SA also indicated that many new vehicles recently received by them indicates similar months as per VIN.

There seems to be some strange strategy by Skoda. It appears that vehicles are part manufactured in advance due to supply chain constraints and are being finished/ dispatched from the factory as the items are getting available.

Not comfortable buying 6 months old vehicle and decided to stay away for now till things become bit clear
Old 28th November 2022, 19:10   #2988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2007$ View Post
I'm searching for a CSUV for quite some time and shortlisted the VAG twins, Kushaq and Taigun. Recently faced a strange issue related to Kushaq.
SA also confirmed that the vehicle is manufactured in Oct 2022.

Asked SA to share VIN prior to booking and to my surprise, 6th letter of VIN indicated "E" or May 2022, which is almost 6 months old. However, surprisingly Vahan (Parivahan) portal indicates manufacturing month as Oct 2022 for the same VIN. My SA strongly contested my VIN decoding supported by screenshots from the Vahan portal
I am not sure if I followed the VIN information availability for a yet to be registered car on the Vahan portal. Pardon my ignorance but doesn't the car has to be registered in someone's name for it to be available in the govt database like Vahan/Parivahan ? Or am I missing something here?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th November 2022 at 19:15.
Old 28th November 2022, 19:28   #2989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am not sure if I followed the VIN information availability for a yet to be registered car on the Vahan portal. Pardon my ignorance but doesn't the car has to be registered in someone's name for it to be available in the govt database like Vahan/Parivahan ? Or am I missing something here?
I was of the same opinion earlier. However, it appears while applying for new registration by showroom, vehicle VIN needs to be entered in the portal. Then the portal automatically populates the details posted by the manfactures (may be for transit no., not very sure). Screenshot shared by dealer enclosed (sorry for the resolution).
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img20221118wa0014.jpg  

sam2007$ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 22:13   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
I'm searching for a CSUV for quite some time and shortlisted the VAG twins, Kushaq and Taigun. Recently faced a strange issue related to Kushaq.
Being from the automobile industry let me tell you something, apart from the body of the car nothing is manufactured by the manufacturer, everything comes from the supplier, you may think that the car is only 6 or 3 or 1 month old based on the VIN, but that is just a data printed by the manufacturer.

All the parts and components inside the car are from the suppliers, some local, some imported, which are being manufactured well in advance in time. You don't even know the dates of their manufacturing. And cars when cared for last for 10-15 years easily. It's not like 3 month or a 6 month old car is not gonna last.

You are right about cars being manufactured in advance, due to part shortage cars were manufactured in advance without electronic components, and when the parts get available, the cars are finished, tested again and dispatched to dealers. All the manufacturers follow these practices. Production is planned well in advance, so due to part shortage these things happen.

I would suggest don't worry too much about it, you have 4 years of standard warranty, plus you can get 2 years of extended warranty. You can do PDI before payment too. Go ahead with the purchase, many people have to wait months for their cars, if you're getting one in time you're lucky.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 28th November 2022 at 22:15.
yesyeswe is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 10:23   #2991

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I would suggest don't worry too much about it, you have 4 years of standard warranty, plus you can get 2 years of extended warranty. You can do PDI before payment too. Go ahead with the purchase, many people have to wait months for their cars, if you're getting one in time you're lucky.
Thanks for your insights. In fact, my biggest worry is not about how the chassis was stored for more than 6 months at the factory, instead it's about carrying over the initial niggles associated with the vehicle i.e., door/bonnet noise, window motor issues, EPC error, etc. Knowing about the manufacturing status while paying upward of 21 lakhs makes it really difficult . On a lighter note, there is a code name "NV" for such vehicles (12" infotainment with virtual cockpit), God knows what that stands for. Surprisingly, no such issues are observed in case of Taigun though. Really aggressive marketing strategy by Skoda.
Old 29th November 2022, 13:18   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your insights. In fact, my biggest worry is not about how the chassis was stored for more than 6 months at the factory, instead it's about carrying over the initial niggles associated with the vehicle i.e., door/bonnet noise, window motor issues, EPC error, etc.
See the car was launched on June 2021, it has been 1.5 years since the launch. Most of the initial niggles and issues have been sorted. I think it's safe to get the car now. But manufacturers keep on improving the product as they get more and more information from the market. On the other hand they may dilute the product a bit to increase their profits. So you never know, it's a gamble.
Old 1st December 2022, 14:58   #2993

Facing issues with driver side window.

It goes down on press of a button. However, to close it is a struggle. At first it will stop at 30% closed. Next time it will stop at around 50%. After this, If I'm lucky, it will start working like other windows and respond to switch pressing. Very irritating and embarassing in front of others.

Anyone else having the same issue? Did you get it resolved?.
Old 2nd December 2022, 11:51   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanktrails View Post
Facing issues with driver side window.

It goes down on press of a button. However, to close it is a struggle. At first it will stop at 30% closed. Next time it will stop at around 50%. After this, If I'm lucky, it will start working like other windows and respond to switch pressing. Very irritating and embarassing in front of others.

Anyone else having the same issue? Did you get it resolved?.
This is a common issue. Some have replaced window motor but still face issues. I am told that a software fix will be released and hence no motor replacement is being done now.
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:05   #2995

Has anyone tried Mirror "Lowering in reverse" feature? It doesn't seem to do anything even with reverse gear engaged. Is it working for anyone?Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20221117_155605747.jpg
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:26   #2996
BHPian

I had gone to a service center today to get Skoda connect app issue checked on my Kushaq Ambition AT ( they restarted the dongle by plugging it out and put back in; it somehow worked . )

While I was there, I checked the accessory catalog and found that they have a new dual tone horn as a accessory for Rs. 1500/-; the adviser explained that it is about 80-90% better/louder than stock horn of Kushaq Ambition, but does not sound like the original Skoda horn Rapid used to get. They did not have any units with it installed so I am not sure how good they are; has anyone here got it installed/have any feedback on this accessory?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd December 2022 at 20:04. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 2nd December 2022, 20:22   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_kushaq View Post
Has anyone tried Mirror "Lowering in reverse" feature? It doesn't seem to do anything even with reverse gear engaged. Is it working for anyone?Attachment 2385912
For all the VAG models, please follow the below instructions to setup the dipped position: Link

Quote:
1. Turn on ignition, but don't start the engine.
2. Select reverse gear.
3. Select passenger side mirror on mirror control knob.
4. Adjust passenger side mirror so you can see the kerb.
5. Take car out of reverse gear and return to neutral, or Park in automatic gearbox.
6. Turn off the ignition and the passenger side mirror will (hopefully) return to the normal 'O' position.

To use the dip function, the mirror control knob must be kept to the passenger side position.
After this setting, every time when you engage reverse gear, the passenger side mirror should tilt to the dipped position as long as the mirror control knob is pointing the passenger side position (Left mirror).
gopi_rm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 12:07   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
While I was there, I checked the accessory catalog and found that they have a new dual tone horn as a accessory for Rs. 1500/-; the adviser explained that it is about 80-90% better/louder than stock horn of Kushaq Ambition, but does not sound like the original Skoda horn Rapid used to get.
I remember BHPian acquillew did got it installed in his Kushaq. Do check out below post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5430964 (Skoda Kushaq Review)
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 11:12   #2999

It appears 25K discount with selected HDFC cards is still available. However, as per SA, either you get Corporate discount or HDFC benefits, not both.
Any guidance by fellow BHPians shall be highly appreciated.
Old 4th December 2022, 12:18   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
It appears 25K discount with selected HDFC cards is still available. However, as per SA, either you get Corporate discount or HDFC benefits, not both.
Any guidance by fellow BHPians shall be highly appreciated.
It does seem true, both discounts cannot be clubbed.

However, there is a caveat to the HDFC discount which dealers conveniently forget to mention- it only applies to cars which are delivered by 31st December 2022.

Read details here- https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com...18862/ZmurmWU=

Since we are already in December, please ensure that the dealer can actually deliver your car by the end of this month. If not, better to go for the corporate discount.
aan nhu mare? is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks