Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2022, 12:35   #2956
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
Are any Ambition 1.0 Manual owners able to confirm Hill hold control in their cars? Brochure says yes, but with Skoda you never know
The Kushaq has ESP as standard and hence by default you will get Hill Hold.
Old 15th November 2022, 13:24   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The Kushaq has ESP as standard and hence by default you will get Hill Hold.
Theoretically that is true, but Skoda has disabled Hill hold in Active variant. Even in case of Taigun MT's, hill hold is only offered on Topline.

While Skoda brochure does mention Hill Hold is available on Ambition Manual, there are many conflicting opinions of multiple 2021 owners of Ambition MT stating their cars do not come with Hill Hold.

Can any 2022 Ambition manual owners please confirm and put this confusion to rest?
vagman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 17:07   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
Theoretically that is true, but Skoda has disabled Hill hold in Active variant. Even in case of Taigun MT's, hill hold is only offered on Topline.

While Skoda brochure does mention Hill Hold is available on Ambition Manual, there are many conflicting opinions of multiple 2021 owners of Ambition MT stating their cars do not come with Hill Hold.

Can any 2022 Ambition manual owners please confirm and put this confusion to rest?
In 2021 brochure, it was mentioned as 'AT only' for Ambition version. In 2022 version, that line was removed indicating that it is available for manual as well. Never bothered about it. I have 2022 Jan Ambition model but currently on another city. But I will check it out next week once I will have access to the car.
thanixravindran is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 17:45   #2959
BHPian

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...o-six-airbags/

Report is dated 26. 6. 2021

"The use of the MQB-A0-IN – the variant of Volkswagen Group’s modular MQB specially adapted by ŠKODA AUTO for the Indian market – means the new KUSHAQ is equipped with a high level of passive safety and numerous assistance systems. Safe handling is ensured at all times by the ESC system, which comes as standard in all variants – a first in this vehicle segment in India. The ESC also enables the use of the optional Hill-Hold Control feature, which comes as standard in the Style trim level"
Old 16th November 2022, 11:47   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Anyone aware if Skoda offers connectivity service similar to Hyundai's Bluelink with built-in E-sim?
======
P.S: The built-in maps are actually good. Only issue is can't switch-off voice support. The woman keeps talking in the middle of playing music.

The E-sim cannot be used to provide a hotspot connection to your vehicle. If your car has a 10inch screen with Skoda Play Apps, I will suggest you download Waze rather than Sygic. Waze has the option to mute the voice and notification

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th November 2022 at 11:53. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
_Piyush_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 12:34   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
The E-sim cannot be used to provide a hotspot connection to your vehicle. If your car has a 10inch screen with Skoda Play Apps, I will suggest you download Waze rather than Sygic. Waze has the option to mute the voice and notification
Thanks, will try Waze. As for E-sim, I meant if the infotainment has one, I won't need my phone to provide Hotspot to the car. Basically the infotainment can operate on its own without my phone. I doubt Skoda is offering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
I have also had a similar observation. It takes a while to getting used to. Infact, there are quite a few differences like the seating position, the height of the dashboard, etc. coming from Asian manufacturers (mainly Honda, Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai). Also, the engine braking is almost lacking or not as strong in comparison. I read on the forum itself before trying out and it indeed is true. The reason mentioned by the user was the ride by wire approach used in VW/Skoda cars.
Yup, engine braking is almost non existent, the idling RPM itself is around 750, so the engine is probably too refined to provide any practical braking. I love it though, I have a habit of coasting quite a lot in city instead of applying brakes and that lack of engine braking helps.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th November 2022 at 12:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 16th November 2022, 12:43   #2962
BHPian

A new badge (TSI) seems to have been added to the back. This was a 1.5 Monte Carlo, did not find it on other cars in the dealer yard. I think it's been added to 1.5 variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20221116_065750249.jpg  

abhishek_hch is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 17:49   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, will try Waze. As for E-sim, I meant if the infotainment has one, I won't need my phone to provide Hotspot to the car. Basically the infotainment can operate on its own without my phone. I doubt Skoda is offering it.
The device placed in the car is Jio car router which also comes in Slavia and Volkswagen Twins.
Though it has a sim which can be used to provide Hotspot there is no option in the Skoda connect app.

I also came across a post on TBHP where someone enabled the Hotspot in Volkswagen Taigun by using the Jio Motive app. Unfortunately the same did not work for me
Old 17th November 2022, 06:41   #2964

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
Writing here to make everyone aware of the terrible after sales experience I am having with a faulty one touch driver side power window.

I had purchased my Skoda Kushaq 1.0 Style automatic in August 2021. The initial batches of the car had annoying sounds from the door lining which was rectified after multiple solutions by Skoda. However, one annoying niggle that still persists is the one touch driver side power window problem.

It rolls up with a double click at times but just doesnt do so at other times. In fact it sometimes rolls down on its own when pulling it up with a double click. My other cars have a one touch window which works flawlessly. The Skoda workshop guys are refusing to acknowledge the issue.

Is anyone else facing the same issue? What should I do? Skoda customer service has changed after Zac's departure please beware.

Check with a different service centre and ask them to share the list of campaign pending for your car. There was a campaign to replace the faulty power window switch on driver side. I had the same problem and now has been resolved.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:48   #2965
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kushaq Style 1.5 MT : Booking experience and review after 1500 kms.

Thanks for sharing your purchase experience with us : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravs3012 View Post
I shortlisted 4 cars in the preference order – Jeep, Taigun, Kushaq and Seltos.
I did not see you mention your reasons for removing the Jeep from the selection, given it was your first preference. I understand It's a completely different price point.
Old 17th November 2022, 12:35   #2966

Every time I happen to read a review on kushaq by the owners on team bhp I get tempted to book it. Holding myself back hoping that the small niggles get sorted out in 2023 models. Planning to wait till March 2023 to book. Planning to book ambition automatic white. Hopefully I should not get carried away by EVs if the infrastructure improves by then and if the cost too comes down. Will be very happy if fellow bhpians can comment on it. Yes I seem to be in love with Kushaq and am jealous about the current owners of Kushaq.
Old 17th November 2022, 14:53   #2967

Cannot agree with you more.

I am a Polo TDI owner and wants to upgrade to Taigun 1.0 TSI. Have already test driven the same. Did not feel under powered at all and loved the ride and handling package.

Also waiting for 2023 batches (looking to book in Feb/March 2023) so that the small issues particularly the AC issues have been fully resolved. Heard that a software update has already come for older Taigun/Kushaq models to fix AC issue.
Old 17th November 2022, 15:11   #2968
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravs3012 View Post
I shortlisted 4 cars in the preference order – Jeep, Taigun, Kushaq and Seltos.
Congrats on 1.5 Kushaq.

Your purchase reminds me of my own quote when Kushaq was introduced :.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Seeing from the photographs I could see premium feel factor in every design element of the car and somehow reminds me of Jeep compass feel. Who knows this 1.5L variant of Kushaq may be preferred by many prospective Jeep compass buyers.
Old 17th November 2022, 15:50   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
The device placed in the car is Jio car router which also comes in Slavia and Volkswagen Twins.
Though it has a sim which can be used to provide Hotspot there is no option in the Skoda connect app.

I also came across a post on TBHP where someone enabled the Hotspot in Volkswagen Taigun by using the Jio Motive app. Unfortunately the same did not work for me
I have enabled it using the Jio motive app but have not used it to download any app like Waze. One has to log out of MySkoda app and login to Jio motive app.
thanixravindran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 17:15   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
I have enabled it using the Jio motive app but have not used it to download any app like Waze. One has to log out of MySkoda app and login to Jio motive app.
I tried logging out of the Skoda connect app and then tried to login in Jio motive app however it showed mobile number not registered and by entering the device imei it showed already associated with a user
_Piyush_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks