Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 07:19   #2926
BANNED

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by losblancos_sr4 View Post
1)There seems to be a rattling sound from the engine coming in at very low RPMs. Will shifting from 91 Octane to 95 Octane help? It is a brand new car with 270km on the odo.
If by rattling sound you meant knocking, it can be improved with 95 octane as the engine feels more refined. But don't expect a night and day difference though. If you meant some other sound like 'something rattling in engine bay', check for the air filter locks to see if any has become loose. But not a possibility as yours is a new car, but nothing to lose to check it out.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 11:27   #2927

Hi everyone,

After much contemplation and BHPians inputs, finally booked Kushaq Ambition 1.0 AT (Candy White). It is going to be the first car to be bought out of own funds and I am really excited about it. I am planning to get the delivery tomorrow. Have already completed the PDI (as per team BHP checklist) and everything looked good.

I have a few doubts and would like to get your valuable inputs on the following:

i. Should I purchase the extended warranty? And if yes, should it be purchased right away or can be done before expiry of the existing warranty? The sales guy told me if I purchase it afterwards, the price will increase but he couldn’t clarify the quantum of price increase.

ii. I am being offered an accessory kit costing Rs. 7999/- which includes mud flaps, rubber mats, car cover, perfume and a refill, rear sun shades, two cushions, a starter kit (which includes small packs of car cleaning products) and c to usb converter. Since all the items don’t seem useful to me, I would like to get some of the items replaced with other useful accessories. I am ready to pay the differential amount, if any. Has anybody had success in getting the items in the default accessory kit replaced?

iii. Should I get the seat covers installed from the dealership or get it done aftermarket? And which seat covers would be the best for north Indian weather.

iv. Any recommendations for getting aftermarket accessories/ seat covers in Chandigarh/ Mohali?

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2022, 13:24   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb65wala View Post
i. Should I purchase the extended warranty? And if yes, should it be purchased right away or can be done before expiry of the existing warranty? The sales guy told me if I purchase it afterwards, the price will increase but he couldn’t clarify the quantum of price increase.

ii. I am being offered an accessory kit costing Rs. 7999/- which includes mud flaps, rubber mats, car cover, perfume and a refill, rear sun shades, two cushions, a starter kit (which includes small packs of car cleaning products) and c to usb converter. Since all the items don’t seem useful to me, I would like to get some of the items replaced with other useful accessories. I am ready to pay the differential amount, if any. Has anybody had success in getting the items in the default accessory kit replaced?

iii. Should I get the seat covers installed from the dealership or get it done aftermarket? And which seat covers would be the best for north Indian weather.
1. You should have bargained to get the extended warranty free of cost. I bought Slavia a few days back and got the extended warranty for free.

2. Yes, you can customise the kit. I only bought mud flaps, floor mats, car cover and cushions. These cost me around 4500 after bargaining.

3. I would recommend getting seat covers from Skoda itself unless you are planning to get some special leather seat covers or bucket fit seat covers. In simple case scenarios, OEM products do have better fit and finish. But you should get the seat covers installed after a week or two because by then the actual seat would have taken its natural shape.

Kushaq is a nice choice. Happy driving!
Old 5th November 2022, 13:32   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb65wala View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
My brother recently bought kushaq active peace model and and got seat covers from auto foam dealer, car beauty Jalandhar. The fit and finish is really good, it costed him around 12k. I was impressed with the overall product.
Old 5th November 2022, 21:35   #2930

Hi Folks

I've been contemplating buying the Style 1.0 AT for several weeks. I was concerned by the user reports on insufficient cooling of the AC so I paid special attention to this during my test drives. Sadly in all of the TDs, I found the cooling to be insufficient - I did 3 TD with different cars to rule out any anomaly. Even after overriding the auto setting, and keeping the fan and temperature at its max setting, the cooling barely reached a "comfortable" level in all the instances. The passengers on the rear seat found it even more insufficient. The drives lasted 15-20min to allow sufficient time for the cabin to cool down.

Surprisingly, none of the 2 dealers I did the TD had received any complaints regarding the AC, they were not even aware of the software patch that has been discussed on this forum previously. I also spoke to a couple of friends who have bought the 1.0 AT Kushaq and Taigun, and they found the cooling to be satisfactory in the Mumbai weather.

I'd request the recent owners of the 1.0 AT to please help with the following:
1) How has been your experience with the AC cooling, specially in hot humid weather and with passengers in the rear seat.
2) Does the cooling improve over time or at a certain speed/rpm?
3) Is the software upgrade being rolled out only in select cities and dealers? How are some dealers not aware that this exists?

This concern is making me hold back my decision of buying this otherwise spectacular car. Looking for some help please.
Old 5th November 2022, 23:21   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappukanghi View Post
Hi Folks

I'd request the recent owners of the 1.0 AT to please help with the following:
I don't own one, but i took extensive test drive on slavia and Kushaq 1.0 AT from bangalore HSR layout showroom. AC indeed was disappointing, the SA agreed that they had AC issues and told that they have fixed it. But it took about 15 mins at lowest temp and full fan speed to get the cabin at a comfortable temperature.
anoopvk268 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 10:15   #2932
BANNED

1) Are 1.5 TSI owners reporting the same extent of complaints regarding A/C ineffectiveness as 1.0 TSI owners ?

2) Irrespective of what mode/ferocity the climate control computer decides to put the compressor in , the engine ECU always overrides it. That is because, when torque demand (A-pedal position, gear engaged, rpm, wheelspeed -> these measurements are used to figure out how much torque is demanded by the driver right now) is super high, the A/C compressor is forcefully shut off (clutch disengaged or blade angle set to benign no compression , depending on the type of A/C compressor) by the engine ECU. This supercedes what the climate control computer is trying to do with the compressor. Understandable, since at some specific operating conditions, the small cubic capacity of the 1.0 will begin to come under-par, pulling all the weight.

Last edited by venkyhere : 6th November 2022 at 10:32.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 14:32   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
It's probably because of Sygic, the built in navigation. Turn off notifications or delete the app.
Deleted Sygic...AA works like a charm now
Thank You
Old 7th November 2022, 16:36   #2934
BHPian

So the GNCAP rating now makes way for another price hike (third this year). I feel so happy we got the Active peace with everything needed for less than 12L just 6 months back .

Monte Carlo Kushaq is 19.69L ex showroom .

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-60000-426249
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 14:21   #2935

Mod note: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neochanger View Post
1. You should have bargained to get the extended warranty free of cost. I bought Slavia a few days back and got the extended warranty for free.

2. Yes, you can customise the kit. I only bought mud flaps, floor mats, car cover and cushions. These cost me around 4500 after bargaining.

3. I would recommend getting seat covers from Skoda itself unless you are planning to get some special leather seat covers or bucket fit seat covers. In simple case scenarios, OEM products do have better fit and finish. But you should get the seat covers installed after a week or two because by then the actual seat would have taken its natural shape.

Kushaq is a nice choice. Happy driving!
Thanks neochanger for your valuable inputs.

1 I already got a pretty good bargain at the time of booking. I thought that getting a reduction in price was a better option than getting extended warranty for free. Plus I was not sure whether I needed it.

2. I tried but didn't insist on it. As I had got a good bargain on the price, the sales guy requested me to purchase the kit. Hence, ended up buying the kit.

3. The sales guy gave a negative feedback about the accessories guys and suggested to get the covers aftermarket. I also found their work below par as the chrome finish I opted for was not properly installed. So, as suggested by you, will go for aftermarket seat covers in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
My brother recently bought kushaq active peace model and and got seat covers from auto foam dealer, car beauty Jalandhar. The fit and finish is really good, it costed him around 12k. I was impressed with the overall product.
Thank you yesyeswe. I am also planning to get the seat covers installed aftermarket in a couple of weeks.

Hi everyone,

Happy to share that I am now a proud owner of Kushaq 1.0 AT (candy white). Enough has already been told about the driving experience on this forum. The car makes you fall in love with it pretty soon. Put your hands on that two spoke steering wheel, turn on your favourite song, gently press the accelerator and I bet the minimalist yet classic cabin (especially at night) will make you forget all your worries. Coming from a 12 year old i20, the upgrade feels worth every penny. Apart from the drive, some of the not-so-talked-about but useful features I liked about the car:

i. Speed limit beeps: Yes, there are mandatory beeps at speed of 80 km/hr and 120 km/hr. However, there is an option of setting an additional beep at user defined speed limit. Although the beeps might annoy some, however the function is really useful for driving in cities like Chandigarh where the speed limit of 60 km/hr is strictly enforced.

ii. Cornering lights: The function seems really helpful in dark/ poorly lit roads/ corners. I am sure that the function will come really handy while driving in the hills.

iii. Tyre pressure monitoring: Although the Ambition classic variant does not have TPMS, but I noticed that there is an option of setting a warning when the tyre pressure drops from the defined level. Although, I am not sure how it’ll work and whether tyre specific warning will come when pressure drops.

iv. Central locking: The doors won’t open when central locking is activated. However, pulling the door handle twice deactivates the central locking.

Shall share more such features as and when I discover them. However, I have also noticed some of the issues as below:

i. The blower intermittently makes loud sound as if the fan speed has increased, though it remains same.

ii. The reverse camera takes some time to disappear after the gear shift. At times, it does not switch off and has to be done manually.

Hs anybody else faced the above issues and found the solution?

iii. When seen very minutely from a certain angle under light, micro scratches/ swirl marks are visible especially on the bonnet. Is it a cause of concern or I am being too much obsessed with the new car? And whether I should go for any kind of paint protection?

iv. Lastly, I have read that tiny bits of piano finish in the interior gets scratches quite fast. Has anybody opted for any protection for such areas inside the cabin?

Thanks!

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th November 2022 at 14:46. Reason: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Thanks.
pb65wala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 18:43   #2936

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Horrible After sales Experience

Hi everyone

As posted earlier I took delivery of my Monte Carlo 1.5MT from DPM Skoda Dehradun on 30th Sep. I did not take SMP and extended warranty on that day as I was told by the dealer it will be done once registration is complete and no extra charge will be taken if both are activated within 30days.

After registration arrived, I enquired about SMP and Extended Warranty and to my utter disbelief they told me that someone has made wrong entry of my vehicle into the Skoda system and name, date of sale, mobile number as well as email id is incorrect. Infact all the details belong to another customer.

They told me it will be corrected as they have raised a ticket.

But till date they have made no progress. Daily they have one excuse or another. I have called Skoda customer care, emailed them twice. But no solution is in sight.

Pls advice me what to do
Old 8th November 2022, 19:13   #2937
BHPian

Had checked out Kushaq today. While the quoted discounts (approx 100k) are good, it just ends up compensating for the higher insurance cost (75k for NIL DIP), 16k essential kit and the 25k service pack.

One new info shared by the SA was that Ambition variants will get 4 airbags (Front + curtain) from next month. IMO,This could be true given GNCAP requires at least 30% sales volume need to be equipped with side head protection for the 5 Star rating. Apart from missing KESSY, this will make Ambition a great VFM choice.
Old 9th November 2022, 09:36   #2938
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India will soon update the Kushaq and Slavia. More special editions coming in near future.

Skoda Kushaq Review-20221109_093258.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:47   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda India will soon update the Kushaq and Slavia. More special editions coming in near future.

Attachment 2377140

Link
Yes you are right. From what I have seen on my recent visits to the Skoda showroom here, it seems the Anniversary edition is the Style trim without the digital cockpit. There were some cars manufactured in between which had the older cluster to do parts supply shortage.
As a result they are now selling these off as anniversary editions with a mark up over the Style variants with a digital cluster. Obviously they will discount it more.
Old 10th November 2022, 20:14   #2940
BHPian

My observation driving the Kushaq has been that the seats themselves are a little less hard than on the Taigun. Can someone who has tried both cars confirm this please?

Also, I find the accelerator and brake pedals on the VW/Skoda twins to be a tad higher than competition. Although I'm 5'10" and prefer to have the the seat at 80% of the maximum setting possible, I find myself pushing it back be able to comfortably use the brake pedals. Would appreciate current/prospective owners shedding some light on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks