Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 11:29   #2911
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt View Post
In the same boat. The 1.5 DSG Kushaq I have booked has 10" infotainment, digital cockpit, idle start/stop, TPMS, subwoofer, auto-folding ORVMs. Initially, this seemed too good to be true as all these features were never offered together except perhaps in Monte Carlo edition.

However, a few people in a Kushaq group on Facebook have been offered the same configuration. A few have even taken delivery. So I went ahead and made the booking.

The dealer has not shared VIN yet. So I have secured a written commitment that if pre-registration check-up is not up to my satisfaction, I will get a refund.

Now I am waiting for an update about arrival of the car at the dealership.
I had booked a 1.5 DSG Kushaq a couple of weeks ago. The car arrived on Friday and I went to do a PDI on Saturday. This lot has a 10 inch infotainment system, virtual cockpit, idle start/stop and other features mentioned by you. I am assuming that the one that gets allotted to you would have all of these.
Old 31st October 2022, 11:40   #2912
BHPian

1) Have the service and maintenance of Skoda improved over time? Definitely my friend just got his Taigun rear windshield replaced in Rs. 5400/- all inclusive.

2) Is there a longer service warranty that I can purchase, to cover major wear and tear? Yes till 7 years

3) For those owners, who have had the Kushaq for a while now, how is it doing for you, and in terms of servicing, what has been your experience?
Well, I have a Taigun and service costs have come down a lot. Best buy a service pack. Own a Polo GT too so can do comparison from the past.

Last edited by TJ02 : 31st October 2022 at 11:57.
Old 31st October 2022, 18:50   #2913

I went for pre registration PDI today for Kushaq Style 1.0 AT. Everything looked OK except for the disc brakes which look rusted. Is this normal for new cars?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-0a7dea736e9648e781648e5ad668fa5b.jpeg  

KushaKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 19:16   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushaKing View Post
I went for pre registration PDI today for Kushaq Style 1.0 AT. Everything looked OK except for the disc brakes which look rusted. Is this normal for new cars?
Hey!,
This is quite normal and would wear off once the car starts moving. Even our Kushaq and Octavia has the same rust if they aren't driven for a while.
dheer4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 20:01   #2915
BHPian

One of the things that had been bothering us and not giving us the proper 'feel of driving a Skoda' was the horn. Our Active Peace comes with a single 'peep' type of horn, and we have always loved the Skoda toot horn.

Went to the dealership and got the low frequency horn fitted. A total of 900 INR was charged for the horn. It took 15 minutes at the dealership to get this done. For Active Peace and Peace models, the accessory is a single horn with low frequency. For Ambition, the accessory is a double horn - low frequency, and for Style variants, unfortunately, the horn is not yet available.

I am not sure I am a fan of the sound of the horn; I don't dislike it either. It is unlike any horn I have heard in the VAG family. You can review the sound here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGU...RYQYzY5JI/view
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 23:33   #2916
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushaKing View Post
No matter what the brand is, rotors will get rusted if kept unused for some days. This is completely normal, and will go away once you start driving.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 10:36   #2917
BHPian

Hello folks,

Need help in finalising kushaq Monte Carlo. I got a alloted car (September manufactured) when i went to do PDI. The black strip in line with reflectors had deep scratches and the body painted panels had few superficial scratches at odd places (these were okay, only keen eyed would pick these)

But the black strip was a 2 way tape and when i asked dealer, he told to replace the boot lid from other cars (older months manufactured cars) to fix it.

I mean, what they are doing is just shift the problem from one car to another. What if they won't fit it right, should i even accept it? And are dealers allowed to do this?

And do they allow short test ride of brand new cars? Is this even required?

I just told them i need in new lot as i don't want this confusion.

Please advise, it's been 10 years since i have bought a car, so a little apprehensive about it.
Old 1st November 2022, 12:06   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmukunda View Post
Need help in finalising kushaq Monte Carlo. I got a alloted car (September manufactured) when i went to do PDI. The black strip in line with reflectors had deep scratches and the body painted panels had few superficial scratches at odd places (these were okay, only keen eyed would pick these)
If you're not in a rush, I would suggest you should reject the allotted car and wait for a new one arrive without any such exterior cosmetic defects. This is a big "NO" in any bhp-ian's checklist. You're spending 20 big ones, might as well have the perfect vehicle to begin with rather than have issues later. As you rightly said, they are shifting the problem from one car to another and hoping a gullible buyer is not gonna notice all this. Unfortunately the MC is gonna be purchased by enthusiasts largely, so I doubt they'll be ever able to pass this problem going unnoticed.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 1st November 2022 at 12:07. Reason: missed quotes
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 14:22   #2919
BHPian

So cats like my car and they keep getting inside the bonnet and chilling on the engine bay. This is frustrating. What if I didn't check and just drove off?

Any suggestions to keep them away?
Old 1st November 2022, 22:13   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
So cats like my car and they keep getting inside the bonnet and chilling on the engine bay. This is frustrating. What if I didn't check and just drove off?

Spray diluted apple cider vinegar - the strong smell is supposed to turn off the felines. Spray overnight for few days and it should work.

Maybe other members could suggest more such home remedies?
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 07:46   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post

Chilli powder mixed with pepper powder sprinkled on top of the engine cover worked for me.Try it.
Old 2nd November 2022, 08:22   #2922
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post
Chilli powder mixed with pepper powder sprinkled on top of the engine cover worked for me.Try it.
Does this increase horsepower Looks like a terrific combination of spices. Hope it won't enter the cabin if in case the circulation mode by any chance kept to outside.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 12:20   #2923
BHPian

Kushaq prices increased upto 20,000₹ effective 1st November 2022 (attached screenshot for 1.5 variant)
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20221102_121848_acrobat-samsung.jpg

Last edited by sandeepmukunda : 2nd November 2022 at 12:21. Reason: Added variant details
Old 2nd November 2022, 13:38   #2924
BHPian

1)There seems to be a rattling sound from the engine coming in at very low RPMs. Will shifting from 91 Octane to 95 Octane help? It is a brand new car with 270km on the odo.

2) The volume in AndroidAuto (wireless) seems to lower after some sort of short beeping alert/notification in the car...not sure what it is for.

Any solutions to these problems will be greatly appreciated
Old 3rd November 2022, 02:51   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by losblancos_sr4 View Post
1)T
2) The volume in AndroidAuto (wireless) seems to lower after some sort of short beeping alert/notification in the car...not sure what it is for.

Any solutions to these problems will be greatly appreciated
It's probably because of Sygic, the built in navigation. Turn off notifications or delete the app.
adigup is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks