Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2022, 22:03   #2896
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Exact same situation as mine. But the thing is the VIN said manufacturing in June, the sticker on the car said manufactured in May. Also mine is the 8in model and it does have auto fold ORVMs. Dunno what's going on. The constant deletion and addition of features ig has created some hybrids.
StigsIndianCuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 22:27   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushaKing View Post
Hey folks,
I was researching the market for a new car and I am really impressed by Skoda Kushaq. We are mostly going to use it in the city so planning to get a 1.0 Style AT.

I was feeling let down by the downsized screen for the infotainment system, so a couple of the dealers mentioned that they can get me a car with the 10in infotainment screen + the subwoofer. It's not a big deal but I feel the more features, the better the overall experience.
However, I was worried that they may try to sell me an old
Thank you to everyone who reads this and tries to help.
Please check the anniversary edition which now has the bigger screen and it should be of latest manufacturing date. I guess it is 30k more than style variant.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 12:50   #2898
BHPian

Does the 1.5 Style with the 8in screen get Skoda Connect compatibility? The SA said no when I asked him. Does this mean that there is no GPS module inside the newer cars?
Old 25th October 2022, 12:55   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Does the 1.5 Style with the 8in screen get Skoda Connect compatibility? The SA said no when I asked him. Does this mean that there is no GPS module inside the newer cars?
Many SAs don’t know all the details. Slavia Style too gets the same 8 inch unit yet in the brochure it lists Skoda Connect as one of the features. Better to check about Kushaq’s features on official brochure you get on their website.
Old 25th October 2022, 13:07   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas794 View Post
Hi Dragonhawk,

Did you change your tyres because they were worn out or because you wanted to get something better than stock tyres?

The service advisor from Tafe Access Mangalore just contacted me regarding tyres available with them. And he said that Continental UC6 with the original profile (205/55/r17) is available with them. It's either that or I go with Michelin 4ST from an external vendor.

In my case, I have run 20k on the ODO currently, and my front 2 tyres had their sides flattened in spite of me doing the alignment at 5k intervals and lost them both before I hit 15k. Service advisors say its because of bad roads, I am not sure if its true :/
Yes, with 17k odo my front set of tires had only a little life left in them, which is despite judiciously following WB, WA, and WR within the stipulated intervals and had to replace all 4 with Vredestine Ultra Vorti 215/55 r17. I don`t buy bad roads as the sole reason for causing premature wear and tear in my case I had repeated issues related to the car drifting towards the left, which unfortunately is still present even after tyre replacement.

Coming to tyre brands, yes Michelins are the best and the only reason I went with Vredestine is the stiffer sidewalls compared to Michelins. Having said that, Continental UC6 are good and if you are getting it in stock size then better go with that.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 25th October 2022 at 13:16.
Old 25th October 2022, 14:46   #2901
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I don`t buy bad roads as the sole reason for causing premature wear and tear in my case I had repeated issues related to the car drifting towards the left, which unfortunately is still present even after tyre replacement.
Tyres once unevenly worn will never let the vehicle go in a straight line. So if the tyres are new, fix the alignment immediately before further driving to avoid damage to the new tyres.
Old 25th October 2022, 21:37   #2902
BHPian

It seems Skoda has updated the accessories guide, adding Active TPMS, Door garnish, Child seat and much more!.

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20221025-9.34.39-pm.png

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20221025-9.34.15-pm.png

Check it out! : https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/_doc/55...1-8b23dd67c75b
dheer4 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 09:16   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Tyres once unevenly worn will never let the vehicle go in a straight line. So if the tyres are new, fix the alignment immediately before further driving to avoid damage to the new tyres.
It isn`t uneven wear and tear but it is premature one so it is definitely not an alignment issue as the car alignment was done during a tyre change and so far in my ownership journey, the alignment was checked 4 times.
Will be taking it to Skoda ASC post Diwali holidays to check steering calibration.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 26th October 2022 at 09:18.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 10:45   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheer4 View Post
It seems Skoda has updated the accessories guide, adding Active TPMS, Door garnish, Child seat and much more!.

Check it out! : https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/_doc/55...1-8b23dd67c75b
Thanks, the horns mentioned are the ones which come with the said variant or the updated ones? I am still not getting any response from the dealer on the updated horns-it has been more than a month since the order was placed.

The pedals are something I would be getting it done along with the new updated horn whenever that gets available.
Old 26th October 2022, 17:01   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Thanks, the horns mentioned are the ones which come with the said variant or the updated ones? I am still not getting any response from the dealer on the updated horns-it has been more than a month since the order was placed.

The pedals are something I would be getting it done along with the new updated horn whenever that gets available.
AFAIK, they are the updated ones. They were confirmed by Zac Hollis as well.
Old 27th October 2022, 10:14   #2906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupkumar View Post
Was in the same situation for 1.5 dsg. May manufactured as per VIN but as per parivahan data it's Sep manufactured. Went ahead and purchased. Not sure if that was the right decision though.
hmm... that's weird. Did you already get the delivery of the car and how has your experience been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Exact same situation as mine. But the thing is the VIN said manufacturing in June, the sticker on the car said manufactured in May. Also mine is the 8in model and it does have auto fold ORVMs. Dunno what's going on. The constant deletion and addition of features ig has created some hybrids.
Yeah, they have a good car but they are not making it easy for customers to buy them

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Please check the anniversary edition which now has the bigger screen and it should be of latest manufacturing date. I guess it is 30k more than style variant.
Thanks. That's a really good suggestion. I will check it out.
Old 29th October 2022, 00:12   #2907

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushaKing View Post

I was feeling let down by the downsized screen for the infotainment system, so a couple of the dealers mentioned that they can get me a car with the 10in infotainment screen + the subwoofer. It's not a big deal but I feel the more features, the better the overall experience.
On October 21, the salesperson mentioned that the car is dispatched from the plant and shared with me the VIN for the vehicle. From the VIN, I could deduce that the car was manufactured in May 2022. When I asked the salesperson why it was left unsold for so many months, he mentioned that due to the chip shortage in the market, even though the cars were manufactured they were not fitted with features that needed those chips eg: infotainment systems, ORVMs, etc. And that I shouldn't be worried because they are just going to get the new car directly from the plant.
[/i]
In the same boat. The 1.5 DSG Kushaq I have booked has 10" infotainment, digital cockpit, idle start/stop, TPMS, subwoofer, auto-folding ORVMs. Initially, this seemed too good to be true as all these features were never offered together except perhaps in Monte Carlo edition.

However, a few people in a Kushaq group on Facebook have been offered the same configuration. A few have even taken delivery. So I went ahead and made the booking.

The dealer has not shared VIN yet. So I have secured a written commitment that if pre-registration check-up is not up to my satisfaction, I will get a refund.

Now I am waiting for an update about arrival of the car at the dealership.
ethanhunt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 08:25   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Updated horns are only meant for Ambition and Active variants. Earlier Zac had confirmed that for Style it will be a different one. Having said that I have seen few have installed in Style too. But as per Skoda SVC it will be considered as non OEM and shipment from factory is also very less.
Moreover I wonder why a separate horn for Style when ambition too comes with dual horns by default. Only possibility I am guessing is Style horns might be the one with less wattage.
Old 29th October 2022, 12:19   #2909
BHPian

Good afternoon everyone.

I am not entirely sure as to where to post this, but I believe this is a start.

My family and I are looking to purchase a new secondary vehicle at a price point of under 18 lakhs, to replace our i20 which is has started its journey into the 9th year. The vehicle has been very reliable and has served us very well. Our primary vehicle is a Toyota Fortuner (2017).

Now here is the conundrum, prior to the Fortuner, we owned a Skoda Superb TSI MT, and our experience with that vehicle was beyond awful. The car proved to be a liability, with several breakdowns, and in the then-typical Skoda fashion, heavy costs to have it repaired. It reached a point that my father, decided to stay away from the German/Czech vehicles because of the awful experience we had.

Now, while purchasing a new second car, we don't seem to be able to find our money's worth with the cars we have seen. No vehicle seems to have the fit and finish that of the Taigun and Kushaq. This is why I come here to ask:
1) Have the service and maintenance of Skoda improved over time?
2) Is there a longer service warranty that I can purchase, to cover major wear and tear?
3) For those owners, who have had the Kushaq for a while now, how is it doing for you, and in terms of servicing, what has been your experience?

I hope I have not spammed the thread, I am very keen to hear what the members feel about this.

Thank you for your time,
Siddharth.
sid__kaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 16:28   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid__kaps View Post
Good afternoon everyone.

1) Have the service and maintenance of Skoda improved over time?
2) Is there a longer service warranty that I can purchase, to cover major wear and tear?
3) For those owners, who have had the Kushaq for a while now, how is it doing for you, and in terms of servicing, what has been your experience?
1. Yes I have experienced it myself in my 10 yr old Polo that the costs have reduced. Also with child parts availability now in new platform cars this would add to reduction in cost. Regular service costs are between 6-7k per year if we take the SVP for 4 years at 25k.
2. All VAG cars get 4 years standard warranty now and we can purchase 2 years extended at 29k, so warranty coverage lasts for 6 years from the date of purchase.
3. We bought a Kushaq this year for our father and have had no issues so far, car has travelled 7000+ kms now. Initial batches had rattling problems which have now been fixed it seems, our car did rattle and it was fixed after a 1 hour visit to service centre.

The new platform MQB A0 IN recently received a 5 star safety rating from GNCAP with the updated norms so that gives the VAG twins a new USP apart from the driving and performance.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks