Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 09:55   #2821
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by losblancos_sr4 View Post
SA refused to give the VIN number until at least 50% of the payment had been done.
Quite the contrary. Normally we ask for the VIN and after everything checks out, we advance the payments. Change your SA or speak to the GM of sales at the showroom. Even Skoda India will say the same thing if you call them.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 17:22   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_b View Post
Congratulations for booking one of the very few driver’s car available today.
Coming to your point, This is not a standard practice and you should push for the VIN before disbursing anything.

On a different note, I too have my eyes set on the kushaq, so may I know the kind of discount they are offering these days?
Discounts: Rs68000
(SMP=Rs25000+Insurance Discount=Rs28000+Exchange Bonus=Rs15000)
Also, they were offering 25000 extra discounts if the 35000 booking amount was paid with an HDFC Regalia or Diners Club Credit Card.
losblancos_sr4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 20:06   #2823

Re: Need help with few items from the price list quoted

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.jaswanth View Post
Here is the price breakup.

Tax invoice: 18,24,000
TCS on tax invoice: 18,240

Difference amount in excess: 17,450

Thank you,
I have been chasing the dealer for a clarification on this. After repeated explanations of how the excess amount is "somehow" related to the SMP package, and with me raising more questions on their explanation (as it is complimentary),

There is a latest explanation as mentioned below.

They gave me a new corrected tax invoice document for the car which has a lower special discount component, so that it almost covers the excess amount I paid to them. The old net ex-showroom price was 18,24,000 and the new one is 18,39,000.

I'm not sure how they can generate another invoice for the car. The invoice number is also different. The original invoice has the date as "27th June" (payment date) and the new one has "29th June" (car delivered date). I don't know if they actually created it on 29th June or just yesterday with that date.

They are claiming that it was a mistake and they corrected it.

Has anyone come across this? Doesn't make sense to me as the TCS (1%) amount is also higher now (I see the old amount reflected correctly in my Form 26AS).

Also, I'm thinking of escalating it to Skoda as this has been going on for quite a long time.

I'm yet to get back to the dealer on this explanation. Please let me know if there is anything else I can ask them.

Really appreciate any help on this.
Old 14th September 2022, 00:27   #2824

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_b View Post

On a different note, I too have my eyes set on the kushaq, so may I know the kind of discount they are offering these days?
I got 1.15 lakh discount in August. On ambition classic AT model. This was inclusive of 70k flat discount, 25k HDFC card discount and remaining shown as discount on insurance if I remember correctly.
Blanktrails is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 10:05   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanktrails View Post
I got 1.15 lakh discount in August. On ambition classic AT model. This was inclusive of 70k flat discount, 25k HDFC card discount and remaining shown as discount on insurance if I remember correctly.
Thanks. I too am looking only at Ambition variant as that is the most value for money variant. The style variant with a price gap of 2.5 lakh on road is simply overpriced for what it offers IMHO, also seltos htx comes 1 lakh cheaper and has many additional safety and bling features available which are hard to ignore.
anshuman_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 20:59   #2826
BHPian

Guys, any idea how do we receive & disconnect calls from steering mounted controls?
Old 16th September 2022, 22:32   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
Guys, any idea how do we receive & disconnect calls from steering mounted controls?
Right hand side scroller button needs to be used.

Explained in detail...
Old 19th September 2022, 21:52   #2828
BHPian

Can anyone decode this for me?
Attached Images

Old 20th September 2022, 06:10   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by losblancos_sr4 View Post
Can anyone decode this for me?
My calculation from the team bhp VIN tread says it’s Sept22 manufactured vehicle.
Congratulations!!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...e-vin-262.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

Last edited by Rjeevan : 20th September 2022 at 06:25.
Rjeevan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 14:24   #2830

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi, I have booked Kushaq 1.0 MT Ambition from DPM Dehradun yesterday after taking test drive of both 1.5 AT style and 1.0 MT style.. I have been following this thread for quite some time and I must congratulate the participants for such quality and in depth discussion. Previously I purchased Duster AWD 122 based on reviews of bhpians and still cherishing the decision I took despite all the noise regarding injector failure. I have done 800000 kms in my duster.. have crossed rivers climbed mountains numerous time with fair bit of offroading and it never gave a single major glitch. Hence the decision for going with Kushaq despite EPC horror stories was not a difficult one for me.
Now I want a bit of help as I can still change the variant. Pls help me in choosing the correct variant by answering following questions :

1. What extra will I get in style variant over ambition apart from sun roof which I don't need anyway.. and is it worth spending extra 2lakhs

2. MT vs AT in 1.9

3. Honey Orange or Red..

I am buying car for daily commute in city.

Thanks in advance
Old 20th September 2022, 18:38   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrashmisaurabh View Post
Hi, I have booked Kushaq 1.0 MT Ambition from DPM Dehradun
1. What extra will I get in style variant over ambition apart from sun roof which I don't need anyway.. and is it worth spending extra 2lakhs

2. MT vs AT in 1.9

3. Honey Orange or Red..

I am buying car for daily commute in city.

Thanks in advance
Well for exact features list why don't you download the brochure from Skoda website, you will know evey little detail. I don't think anyone here would know the each and exact difference.

But on top of my head, style has six airbags, leather seats, ventilated seats, 17 inch wheels vs 16, diamond cut alloy wheels vs normal ones, LCD instrument cluster vs analogue one, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, sunroof. Some features might be there in ambition too, check skoda website to be completely sure.

I think that's a good set of features, it all depends whether you find them useful and worth 2 lakhs or not. Colour choice is always upto you, but if you're asking, honey orange is last on the list according to me.

For daily commute in city get the AT, the unit is a torque converter gearbox, very reliable and response time is good too.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 20th September 2022 at 18:40.
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 10:00   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrashmisaurabh View Post
If you do not want a sunroof and are going for the MT, you can ask about the Non Sunroof Style version from your dealer.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd September 2022 at 00:09. Reason: Shortening quoted post :)
losblancos_sr4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 10:01   #2833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post
My calculation from the team bhp VIN tread says it’s Sept22 manufactured vehicle.
Congratulations!!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...e-vin-262.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
Thank You... the car is in the stockyard. Will go for a PDI in the next two days
losblancos_sr4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 23:57   #2834

After reading the reviews, listening to my kids and taking another test drive of both 1.0 MT and 1.5 MT now I have modified my booking to 1.5 MT Style.. Kids want sunroof and ventilated seat and I want 1.5 rocket.

It is surely going to burn a hole in my pocket but at the end of the day I didn't want to miss the fun that 1.5 is.

Now waiting eagerly for my red beauty to arrive.

Dealer is offering around 50k in discount and not budging.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd September 2022 at 00:08. Reason: Typo: buzzing -> budging
drrashmisaurabh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 15:56   #2835

Today the dealer shared VIN of the car with me. I am being offered Monte Carlo manufactured in April 22 (I verified it on team bhp page for vin details)

Monte Carlo edition was officialy launched in May 22 hence I am getting the car from the initial lot of this edition.

Should I go for it considering the car is 5months ???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks