Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2022, 19:26   #2731
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Greetings Fellow Bhpians!

I was checking all the fluid levels of my Kushaq and found the coolant level to be a bit low.
Please suggest if this coolant level is alright or shall I put in distilled water in it.

Regards
Ranvir
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-abeeaa5d03594694a16a4127bc23b8c7.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-9e77bae768754afc89d515777abece5a.jpeg  

Rambo-RS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 23:16   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo-RS View Post

I was checking all the fluid levels of my Kushaq and found the coolant level to be a bit low.
Please suggest if this coolant level is alright or shall I put in distilled water in it.
You will get VAG recommended red coolant in most of the big petrol bunks, definitely it’s in Shell. So you can fill it and see for few days whether the level drops more than normal.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 09:10   #2733
BHPian

Anyone knows the cost of the digital new instrument cluster?
For some reason beyone me, the glass cover of instrument cluster is chipped on one corner. Never noticed it beneath the plastic peel, since never removed it.
Anyhow is it possible to have just this glass/plastic cover replacement done?
Old 20th July 2022, 10:03   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed here before hence posting.

1) Wireless Connectivity of phone audio system , it will be wired now - The reason he said is that since some customers complained that their phone hanged while taking calls and even the adudio-system gets stuck until the car is turned-off for few seconds. I was surprised to know as rather then fixing it they decided to remove the futuristic feature.

2) Bass Tube and Amplifiers are no more part of newer models - The reason was very illogical , company is removing it but decided to give some other additional features.
I certainly don’t agree with the sales rep on the first part. It’s as seamless as it can get. I got both AndroidAuto and Apple CarPlay synced wirelessly and no hassles since last 8 months.

Second part is a bummer, coz the audio quality with Apple Hi Res Lossless music is a very good experience on the Style Model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Was nearing 15,000 kms, so I sent my Kushaq for its first service.

…[*]Software update Did not notice any difference in the UI. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Will check with the SE and share here if anything worth sharing.
Could you please check and confirm the software version you are running now? Is it 057? in place of 0562. And build version 16.0?.??
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:38   #2735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Same with my car. As far as I understand this is a coolant expansion tank and the coolant while engine is cool will stay at the minimum. As long as it doesnt drop below it it must be fine.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 23:36   #2736
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to check if their is any way of solving the cracking noise from the dashboard. It makes noise even on small potholes.
Door noise has been majorly reduced post application of the anti friction tape.
My car is 4 months old with ~3.5k KMs on the odo. Thanks.
Old 21st July 2022, 08:06   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuvamBansal View Post
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to check if their is any way of solving the cracking noise from the dashboard. It makes noise even on small potholes.
Yes, the dashboard creaking sound is solvable. I had complained of the same to the service centre guys and they fixed it. The technician told me that he would need to open a layer of the dash and install an insulating material between the underlying base and this layer. It took almost a full day.

And guess what? It’s working. No creaks even when I press on the dash board. It seems more solidly built now
KapilD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 09:46   #2738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuvamBansal View Post
Hello everyone,
What I did for my Slavia as well as my Crysta(which had the same creaking noise) was to buy a can of wurth silicone lubricant and spray it along the plastic panel edges twice. It solved the problem. The Innova had creaks even on the door panel when we would open or close it. Even thats gone for good. Currently Its working on my Slavia since I didn’t want the dashboard to be opened up unless its absolutely necessary.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 11:50   #2739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Follow these steps:
1. What was the coolant temp when you checked the level? Check again at 90 C which is optimum temp for the coolant.
2. If it is still low, check for leaks under the engine bay. Could be a small pinhole leak in the main hose that goes in to the radiator. If no leaks found, do this:
3. When the engine is cool, open the lid of the coolant tank slowly, the moment you hear air hissing out, briskly open it fully. DO NOT DO THIS WHEN COOLANT IS HOT!! You should hear a "POP" of air at this point, and if the level rises to normal after this, do nothing, observe level again at after 1000 kms.
4. If there is no change in the level, top up till little under the max level, with recommended coolant from your dealer. Only use G12 evo coolant which I think is the standard coolant for all petrol and diesel Skoda / VW cars nowadays. Observe after 1000 kms.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 12:14   #2740
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda India enhances Kushaq on its first anniversary.

Zac Hollis: "The Kushaq is the hero of India 2.0 and one year on, it has been instrumental in Skoda Auto India climbing one sales peak after another."
Skoda Kushaq Review-1.jpg

Quote:
Hot on the heels of a record-breaking June (5,023 units) and H1 2022 (28,899 units), Skoda Auto India has introduced a host of updates and changes to its Kushaq SUV as part of the car’s first anniversary celebrations in India.
Name:  0_0_0_0_70_https___www.autocarpro.in_Portals_0_userfiles_17_DATA TABLE FOR KUSHAQ.jpg
Views: 1801
Size:  27.7 KB

Quote:
The Kushaq range gets a new headliner in the cabin and a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) as standard across the range. Moreover, all variants powered by the 1.0 TSI are equipped with the Start-Stop Recuperation system as standard. This has improved fuel efficiency by 7-9%. The interiors now get a 20.32cm Skoda Infotainment System with knobs and buttons for select functions increasing ergonomics and ease of use for the driver.

Another addition is the Non-Sunroof (NSR) Style trim. It sits between the current Ambition and Style variants. The NSR Style variant is based on the 1.0 TSI Style. It will offer a 4-dial medium analogue instrument cluster and will be exclusive with the 6-speed manual transmission, thus offering one more value price-point for the customer. The top-of-the-line Style variant with the Sunroof is now upgraded with a 20.32cm Skoda Virtual Cockpit for the driver’s instrument console in place of analogue dials.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st July 2022 at 12:19.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 13:04   #2741
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
Ranvir
Well this happened with my Taigun a month back. Suddenly, I got a message one morning coolant level low. The coolant was below minimum level, I went to the SC after topping with filtered water. They checked the car completely found no leak. Conclusion they gave was due to summers the coolant must have got evaporated and from factory only the level would have been low.

My friend just picked a Taigun, couple of weeks back and I went for the PDI. I found the coolant level just a little above minimum in his car as well. Maybe the QC is not doing a good job of checking coolant level.
TJ02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 15:22   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
My friend just picked a Taigun, couple of weeks back and I went for the PDI. I found the coolant level just a little above minimum in his car as well. Maybe the QC is not doing a good job of checking coolant level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Same with my car. As far as I understand this is a coolant expansion tank and the coolant while engine is cool will stay at the minimum. As long as it doesnt drop below it it must be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Follow these steps:
1. What was the coolant temp when you checked the level? Check again at 90 C which is optimum temp for the coolant.
Thank you guys for the replies

I also confirmed the same on a call with Skoda Service Centre and they said it is perfectly normal for the coolant to stay just above the minimum mark when the engine is cool. They asked me to observe it when the engine is hot and I did the same and found that it was right at the maximum mark.

So nothing to worry about.

Regards
Ranvir
Rambo-RS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:18   #2743
BHPian

Škoda didn’t give anything to differentiate between the 1.5 and 1.0 L TSI. So I thought to get subtle visual differentiators to appease my heart ❤️

Here goes:

Skoda Kushaq Review-00b88179bf2e442fbd54f7919a003e25.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-bee02e358dcf4292995893a1fc4e5637.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-3130661e3b324dc9b652164e30e615e5.jpeg

Aluminium pedals are more grippier than the regular rubber coz the grooves are more pronounced.

It feels better on the foot, esp the clutch and brake which are constantly worked upon and also improves the look.

The autofurnish floor mats which I’ve installed feel very good. They are thick and add a little more insulation on the floor. But i’m not sure of the golden stitch thread. How long will it keep its colour

Now i’m a little satisfied to represent the power under the hood! 😎
KapilD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:41   #2744

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
Škoda didn’t give anything to differentiate between the 1.5 and 1.0 L TSI. So I thought to get subtle visual differentiators to appease my heart ❤️
Can you please share from where you have bought the pedals and VRS logo?
I also have 1.5 DSG and and I liked the way you did the subtle differentiation.
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:17   #2745
BHPian

Hey I have a query. What is the idling rpm of the 1.0 and 1.5 MT engine ? And what is the rpm at which the turbo effect kicks in?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks