Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2022, 22:58   #2566
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Can woofer unit from Style variant be fitted in Ambition?

Does Ambition has necessary wiring and hardware for a plug and play installation?
Old 6th May 2022, 23:13   #2567
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladha.deepak View Post
One-touch function is not working at all.
You referred to a reset. Can we do it ourselves or only a technician can do it?
Reset can be done by long pressing the down button for around 10 secs and long pressing the up button for around 10 secs after the window has reached the bottom and top respectively. Try and see if this works.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 10:41   #2568
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant revealed in new teaser.

Skoda Kushaq Review-smartselect_20220508104004_youtube.jpg

Launch tomorrow at 2pm.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th May 2022 at 10:44.
Old 9th May 2022, 01:02   #2569

I had a couple of queries about the Kushaq. I would be a first-time buyer and would be driving it mostly for going out of the city. Having said that obviously cannot avoid driving in the city as well.

I test drove the 1.5 DSG variant and found it to be super smooth and good. The automatic transmission, both upshifts and downshifts seemed to be in order and the peddle shifters were great fun too. The roof liner was a serious eye sore.

I would like to understand more about the problem with the DSG engine which some people alluded to in this forum. Why is that an issue and if the Kushaq or Taigun owners have faced it already? Is the smaller 1.0L engine worth it? Does it feel under powered in any circumstance. Does it make sense to pay a premium for a 1.0 Litre engine?

Also with the incremental price rise in both the Kushaq and Taigun, are these cars really worth the chase? Since both these models are untested in terms of the NCAP crash test, is there any evidence they are not as fragile as their Korean competitors? Kindly help with your insights for me to take an informed decision
Old 9th May 2022, 11:14   #2570
BHPian

A brilliant write up/ analysis on the DSG system is available in the following link. Thanks to JoshMachine. My 2 cents, rather synopsis of what i learnt from fellow Bhpians. DQ200 is the fastest shifting gearbox in its segment. However, one should be prepared for DSG failure. Take maximum warranty you can avail i.e 6 years for the car. Thereafter be ready to shell out money in case of failure. IMHO it depends whether you listen to your heart or mind, while buying a car within your calculated budget! :-) Happy Revving
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...t-gearbox.html (DSG, demystified! All you need to know about VW's Direct-Shift Gearbox)
Javelin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 12:33   #2571
BHPian

Autocar's First look video

coolkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 14:49   #2572
BHPian

Still Skoda has no differentiating element between their 1.0 l and 1.5 l range. Offering Monte Carlo variant with both the engines. Some annotation of 1.5, in higher trim would have been a welcome change IMHO.
The photograph on TeamBhp review clearly indicates 17 inchers. Don’t know why PowerDrift stating 18 inches alloy. Will it be an optional upgrade or PowerDrift simply made a mistake.:-)
Source Power Drift
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-546734f0359d48159ed47922ce485345.jpeg  

Last edited by Javelin : 9th May 2022 at 15:11. Reason: Additional Information
Javelin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 23:00   #2573
Senior - BHPian

Zac Hollis pulls off a Ford on GNCAP rating for the Kushaq, claims pictures of real-world accidents give better reassurance of safety than an NCAP study.

Quote:
But given the awareness that has come, you mentioned the NCAP study, do you think it's important to maybe think about that, getting that seal of approval, just making it official, if you will?

Yeah, we are thinking about it, we are thinking about it. It is an investment that has to be made.
Are the costs involved holding Skoda back from funding a test?

12:38

Last edited by ron178 : 10th May 2022 at 23:06.
Old 11th May 2022, 18:26   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaneeshvyas View Post

I would like to understand more about the problem with the DSG engine which some people alluded to in this forum. Why is that an issue and if the Kushaq or Taigun owners have faced it already? Is the smaller 1.0L engine worth it? Does it feel under powered in any circumstance. Does it make sense to pay a premium for a 1.0 Litre engine?
I drove more than 8000 kms now on 1.0 style variant, one thing I can tell you is that this 1 l engine is awesome to drive, it is not at all underpowered, barring 1st gear, you just need to tune your driving style as per turbo engine rpm characteristic, once you do that, this small engine can literally drive pass you any car on road. I can vouch for the fun factor. Apart from small issues here and there, I did not face any major issue till now for which I have to brag about.

Interior quality is not as good as astor but wherever I as a driver touch, is good for me. Example: steering wheel is made with much better leather and buttons than astor. sliding mid panel for resting my hands is really useful. Infotainment system is really good but basic and essential features. And awesome sound for long drives.

It would say, everytime I drive this car, I love it. And that is what matter to me.
Think what matters to you, drive some cars from this segment and then decide, everyone has different likes.

Last edited by maverickNerd : 11th May 2022 at 18:27. Reason: Grammar correction
maverickNerd is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 11:47   #2575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Reset can be done by long pressing the down button for around 10 secs and long pressing the up button for around 10 secs after the window has reached the bottom and top respectively. Try and see if this works.
Sorry, tried above but doesn't work. Did a lot of research and eventually found a solution that works as below:

"Switch the ignition on. Pull up the window with the problem. After closing completely push up again the button and hold it for 5 secs or more. Than pull down the window. When is all down push the button down for 5 secs or more. Switch the ignition off."

So relieved to have saved a visit to Service Center.
Old 12th May 2022, 12:53   #2576
BHPian

Auto Folding mirrors are now available at the service centre for retrofitting.
This is as per Zac's latest reply to a tweet.
Has anyone done this or planning to do
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 14:42   #2577

I recently got my horn updated to the dual tone horn that comes in the Octavia, the original horns were decent enough but the horns in my Ameo were louder than the Kushaq so I wanted an upgrade. Originally, the price quoted by the dealer for 1 set was 8k and even then I won't get any warranty on the horn. After a few calls and telling him I will buy 2 sets (one for my friend's Rapid), he agreed for a price of 3.5k without bill (I guess i could have bargained more). I wasn't getting warranty anyway so I bought the horn and boy is it loud!! And it's not weirdly loud, it has that proper insulation and sounds really premium, It's worth every penny and I don't regret it at all.

P.S: When I was driving out of the showroom, another customer heard my horn and asked the service manager to replace in his Kushaq as well. I don't mind these kind of validations.
DocHudson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 18:39   #2578

Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20220511-4.49.01-pm.jpeg

Welcomed Skoda Kushaq Ambition Classic AT (2022 model) to my garage. It's my first car, been using it for just a day so I can't delve much on the performance front but I am already very optimistic about my choice. The other cars I was looking at were Tata Nexon and Kia Sonet and I saw and TD those two before I saw Kushaq.

But the moment I sat inside the Kushaq, I knew it was going to be my final choice and after TD it, I simply wasted no time in booking it.

A few misses in this (that left me surprised given I had to shell out 16L+):
- No engine start/stop button, back to the old key ignition days!
- no automatic ac or air purifier (not a deal breaker for me)
- not a major feature but at this price range, many other brands offer sunroof

I was however told that Ambition Classic will get some frills Ambition AT doesn't like exterior chrome enhancements which comes in Style AT and also all black suede seat covers.

All in all there were a few trade offs when it comes to feature while picking this over a sonet, but no waiting period and (at the risk of offending others) the feel of sitting inside a Skoda is simply much more premium and solid (imo) than a Nexon or Sonet.

I just wished this had the same black diamond cut alloy wheels Style has, those simply look fabulous!
mojojaja is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 21:48   #2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojaja View Post
Welcomed Skoda Kushaq Ambition Classic AT (2022 model) to my garage. It's my first car, been using it for just a day so I can't delve much on the performance front but I am already very optimistic about my choice. The other cars I was looking at were Tata Nexon and Kia Sonet and I saw and TD those two before I saw Kushaq.
A big congratulations on your new ride! Red looks fabulous on this car.

I do agree with you, skoda has that edge of premiumness over other brands and yes, I too wished to get the style alloys on my ambition model, I even found a set for 40k but never seemed worth it and upsizing to 17" wheels didn't feel like a smart choice. I do plan to get my alloys painted in gunmetal grey in the future but for now I like the timeless design.

Wishing you loads of happy miles with this beautiful car!

Last edited by ampere : 12th May 2022 at 21:50.
DocHudson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 12:37   #2580
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.petro View Post
"Switch the ignition on. Pull up the window with the problem. After closing completely push up again the button and hold it for 5 secs or more. Than pull down the window. When is all down push the button down for 5 secs or more. Switch the ignition off."

You have basically done the same thing I suggested. I fail to understand the differences between the two approaches. Only difference that I am seeing is 10 secs and 5 secs. Only thing I failed to mention was the ignition on thing, but that is minimum criteria to pull up or pull down a power window right.

Anyways anything that ends well is great. Happy to know that your issue is resolved

Last edited by pavi : 13th May 2022 at 12:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks