Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2022, 17:06   #2446
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

I’m getting low mileage, car’s 1 month old with 500km.

Got just 10.2kmpl on highway. Any tips to improve?

AT 1L
Old 20th March 2022, 17:51   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Assuming the same track width and almost same suspension stiffness (comparable ride quality of elevated CSUV v/s the sedan , both sharing same platform) , wont a higher c.o.g place a higher lateral load (on the torsion beam rear, ARB in the front etc) , and hence result in a higher 'lag' , since the suspension is not just fighting vertical force, but is fighting a "moment" and the higher c.o.g would result in more unequal loading on left v/s right and hence placing a higher onus on the same suspension (which is the same between the two cars) ? The swept arc whilst twisting by an angle, will be higher, if the point of action of the force making the twist is further away from the vertex, right ?
In other words, how can c.o.g remain truly independent from influencing the amount of lean, when the same spring/roll-bar/torsion-bar stiffness is countering the same mass that is trying to move outwards ?

Extremely well put sir. Hit the nail on the head. Terrific explanation.
Old 20th March 2022, 17:57   #2448
BHPian

Is it possible to get extended warranty after the purchase?
Old 20th March 2022, 23:26   #2449
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
Wanted to understand from fellow bhpians regarding discounts being offered on Kushaq. I have booked Ambition 1.0 AT and has been offered the following deal.

Ex Showroom - 14.2 Lakhs
Registration - ~1.45 lakhs (10%)
On Road price (after discounts) - 15.7 lakhs (including zero dep and RTI insurance, 4yrs service package and basic kit-mud flap, tyre inflator etc)

Is the deal being offered decent or are we being taken for a ride? 🙈
Old 21st March 2022, 00:09   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Is it possible to get extended warranty after the purchase?
Yes, Please refer this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuvamBansal View Post
Hello Everyone,
Wanted to understand from fellow bhpians regarding discounts being offered on Kushaq.
Is the deal being offered decent or are we being taken for a ride? ��
Please provide the break-up of quote and discounts to judge better. Essentially what you wrote is you are getting free insurance, service package and accessories. I guess this will be worth around Rs. 70,000 (32K insurance, 16K service package after discounts, 20K worth accessories). I hope this is for 2022 model AND not older 21 model.

Last edited by thanixravindran : 21st March 2022 at 00:11.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 00:15   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Yes, Please refer this link.

Please provide the break-up of quote and discounts to judge better. Essentially what you wrote is you are getting free insurance, service package and accessories. I guess this will be worth around Rs. 70,000 (32K insurance, 16K service package after discounts, 20K worth accessories). I hope this is for 2022 model AND not older 21 model.
Yes, approx discounts come to around 70k (insurance. SMP and essential kit). This is for the 2022 model.
Is this decent?
Old 21st March 2022, 10:09   #2452
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo, launch could take place as early as the second half of April 2022.

Name:  20220320104348_Skoda_Kushaq_Web511.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  114.6 KB

Name:  20220320052913_5.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  20220320062138_4A.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  20220320052913_6.jpg
Views: 1360
Size:  38.6 KB

Skoda Kushaq Review-3b.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st March 2022 at 10:15.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 12:09   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuvamBansal View Post
Yes, approx discounts come to around 70k (insurance. SMP and essential kit). This is for the 2022 model.
Is this decent?
It depends on your appetite to negotiate further Vs dealer to close the sale in March with quarter and financial year end closing. During 2021 year end discount, I think there was cash discount to Rs. 50,000 with insurance on your own + SMP at Rs. 15,999. So this looks decent.

Accessories, you can get it from anywhere/anytime like tyre inflator. There are very minimum accessories available with Skoda dealers. So try to push for cash discount if possible. If not, get useful accessories that you want.
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 02:49   #2454
BHPian

Quote:

AT 1L
Let the car settle till about 1.5k - I got 13-14 kpl on my first highway drive.
If driving between 60-90 kph use D, else move to S. You will be in the powerband and need to dump the accelerator far less.

Also try to use XP95 or higher octane fuel for those highway runs.

Last edited by JishD : 22nd March 2022 at 02:50.
Old 22nd March 2022, 03:10   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo, launch could take place as early as the second half of April 2022.
That red Monte Carlo looks more like a Coca-Cola edition! Pleasing on the outside but extremely tacky on the inside for sure.
nitkel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 07:37   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
That red Monte Carlo looks more like a Coca-Cola edition! Pleasing on the outside but extremely tacky on the inside for sure.
Must say that I agree with you. Skoda's Monte Carlo edition is supposed to be about extra style and substance but this feels like a step down from what's in the market already
Old 24th March 2022, 10:02   #2457
BHPian

Quote:

AT 1L
Turbo petrols are very sensitive to throttle. So if you constantly do high RPM in low gears, the fuel consumption will be higher when compared to NA or TD engines.

Also, let the initial run happen around 1500km, FE improves after that.
Old 26th March 2022, 17:15   #2458

Hello everyone!
I've recently joined team-BHP and this is my first post here. Please forgive me for any noob mistakes.

We recently bought a Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT (Buying experience coming soon) and I'm planning to buy a dashcam for it. Before buying, I wanted to confirm a few things.
  1. How is the 70mai pro plus dashcam?
  2. Should I consider hardwiring the dashcam?
  3. Can I navigate the wires through the A-pillars or someplace else? Don't want the wires to be visible openly.
  4. Any other good dashcam options in the market, my budget is around 10k.
Ending the dashcam discussion, my second question is, has anyone upgraded the horn in their kushaq? I'm not a fan of the original horn and the dealership has quoted 12k for the horn that comes in the Octavia/Superb. I'm looking for aftermarket options, if anyone was ever in the same boat as me, please let me know the resolution.
Old 27th March 2022, 08:23   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post
  1. How is the 70mai pro plus dashcam?
  2. Should I consider hardwiring the dashcam?
  3. Can I navigate the wires through the A-pillars or someplace else? Don't want the wires to be visible openly.
  4. Any other good dashcam options in the market, my budget is around 10k.
1. 70mai pro plus is good dashcam, I recently purchased it. Here are some +ive and -ive.
+ Built in feature like GPS & ADAS.
+ It comes with electrostatic sticker, so chances of 3m sticker or suction cup mount adhesive melting and sticking on wind screen are unlikely.
+ good image resolution and storage upto 128gb.

- Product quality is questionable, it’s 12v usb charger has stopped working a week after the purchase and also caused a short circuit in my Kushaq’s cigarette lighter(had to replace fuse, it cost me ₹34 only). So don’t use that instead buy a good quality one.
- You will appreciate ADAS for couple days, but there after you might feel irritated with it’s prompting for Lane change or vehicle ahead warnings every now and then .

Yes you can navigate wires through A, B & C pillars and regarding hardwiring if you really need parking surveillance then only risk it. My SA has warned me if it cause any electrical issues then your warranty may be voided. So I didn’t risked it and you can check with your own SA .

Coming to horn now, I don’t see any problem with default horn. It’s pretty loud and clear, I realised it when I was honked by an other kushaq when I was on my 2 wheeler .
Kaus2002 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 14:20   #2460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaus2002 View Post
1. 70mai pro plus is good dashcam, I recently purchased it. Here are some +ive and -ive.
+ Built in feature like GPS & ADAS.
+ It comes with electrostatic sticker, so chances of 3m sticker or suction cup mount adhesive melting and sticking on wind screen are unlikely.
+ good image resolution and storage upto 128gb.

- Product quality is questionable, it’s 12v usb charger has stopped working a week after the purchase and also caused a short circuit in my Kushaq’s cigarette lighter(had to replace fuse, it cost me ₹34 only). So don’t use that instead buy a good quality one.
- You will appreciate ADAS for couple days, but there after you might feel irritated with it’s prompting for Lane change or vehicle ahead warnings every now and then .

Yes you can navigate wires through A, B & C pillars and regarding hardwiring if you really need parking surveillance then only risk it. My SA has warned me if it cause any electrical issues then your warranty may be voided. So I didn’t risked it and you can check with your own SA .

Coming to horn now, I don’t see any problem with default horn. It’s pretty loud and clear, I realised it when I was honked by an other kushaq when I was on my 2 wheeler .

Thanks @kaus2002 for the information.
I think I'll go with the 70mai pro plus only, it seems like a decent choice. I don't really need parking surveillance so won't take the hardwiring route. And noted on the USB charger.

I was thinking to get the dashcam installed from the dealership only to avoid any warranty issues. Not sure how much they will charge though.

And I've put the horn decision on hold for now. It's a battle between the heart and the mind now. Let's see who wins

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks