Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2021, 00:47   #2071
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
...get the car today and have fun guys.
I dropped off my Kushaq today morning at the SVC to get the door beadings replaced under warranty. I'll get it back only by tomorrow evening. They're short staffed at the moment thanks to holiday season. Sigh.

I could've waited till next week but with a business trip coming up on the 3rd and that beading noise becoming very loud - I just wanted to get it over with.

Anyways, while I was there I found out that the recent batches come with the softer door beadings factory fitted. That was good to know.

There was also a mild rattle from somewhere within the dashboard (only on bad roads) and I reported this as well. They heard it too when we went for a quick test drive before preparing the job card entry.

For this, they didn't have a clue as to what could be the cause. It's something they'll have to probe & find out. I'm hoping I'll be rid of it when I get the car back tomorrow.

So my advice of just waiting up for an extra week or two (as he'd mentioned) to get a delivery from a recent batch was for avoiding these kind of scenarios - it's no fun buying a new car and having to get it sorted out under warranty. If the waiting period is much longer, then it's his call.

You're spot on about the semiconductor shortage causing differences in manufacturing and invoicing dates though. I think the Mahindra had resorted to having some batches of the Thar delivered without the infotainment system and asking the owners to come around later to get it fitted out.
rideon74 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 11:15   #2072
BHPian

I got the delivery of my Kushaq on 23rd December. Month of Manufacturing of my car is November and looks like they have fixed few of these issues reported in the models of initial months. I am not experiencing any issues with door beading as of now although I did not go on too many bad roads. Even the roof liner seems much better and firm compared to what I have seen in the videos where issues were reported. I will go on a long drive this weekend and will get to know if there any issues.

When I asked my SA during purchase, he told me that from around September, some of these issues are being fixed (not sure how much of it is true). So to be on the safe side, go with a vehicle from November or December.
ramsudhir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 11:45   #2073
BHPian

When checking out the Kushaq at the local showroom, the sales person said something i haven't heard or read elsewhere. So want to check if anyone here knows anything about this.

As per him, though the ground clearance figure of 188 cm is similar for both the Kushaq and the Taigun, he said the Kushaq's approach angle is slightly more favourable, given the design of the front.
RPM1706 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 12:04   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
When checking out the Kushaq at the local showroom, the sales person said something i haven't heard or read elsewhere. So want to check if anyone here knows anything about this.

As per him, though the ground clearance figure of 188 cm is similar for both the Kushaq and the Taigun, he said the Kushaq's approach angle is slightly more favourable, given the design of the front.
Yes, i have also observed that, infact the driver seat of Kushaq is more comfortable with slightly better visibility of the bonet.

Taigun also appeared to have better sheet metal (20%-30% more thick) on the doors than Kushaq. I am not sure if anybody else has noticed that ?

Last edited by Turbojet : 31st December 2021 at 12:11.
Turbojet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 10:31   #2075
BHPian

There's a peculiar problem that my Kushaq 1.0 AT style is throwing up of late. 2 out of 10 times when I start the car by pressing the start-stop button, the engine just keeps cranking and the engine doesn't start. On pressing it the second time, it starts without fail. As I mentioned, this happens only 2 out of 10 times. The Skoda guys mentioned that it requires a software update. But that failed to fix it. Is anyone else facing such an issue?

Also a quick update for all people who purchased the service package by paying Rs. 25000 earlier. Zac has emailed me saying that an adjustment of the difference amount shall be done from after sales services for all customers.
Old 1st January 2022, 11:26   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojet View Post
Taigun also appeared to have better sheet metal (20%-30% more thick) on the doors than Kushaq. I am not sure if anybody else has noticed that ?
This is in most likelihood a placebo effect because factory production line is the same for both the cars and so would be the vendors. It won’t make sense for SAVW to make lesser profit on TAIGUN and more on KUSHAQ. Also, it doesn’t make economic sense from a production point of view of the “economy of mass scale”.

I test drove both Kushaq and Taigun (4-5 times) before getting a Kushaq (purely due to More features on 1.5 MT) and both of them are identical in all mechanical bits. Where quality is poor, they are both poor and where they are good both of them are good.
KapilD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 14:46   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
This is in most likelihood a placebo effect because factory production line is the same for both the cars and so would be the vendors. It won’t make sense for SAVW to make lesser profit on TAIGUN and more on KUSHAQ. Also, it doesn’t make economic sense from a production point of view of the “economy of mass scale”.

I test drove both Kushaq and Taigun (4-5 times) before getting a Kushaq (purely due to More features on 1.5 MT) and both of them are identical in all mechanical bits. Where quality is poor, they are both poor and where they are good both of them are good.
This is not a placebo effect, I am aware of their product lines and economies of scale.While it's difficult to digest the fact that there could be difference in sheet metal, we should understand EOS can be achieved in a single product. For multiple product lines it is relevant for cars with almost identical components but in this case headlights, seats, front bumper etc are different so in true sense VW as a group can achieve EOS on a limited scale assuming underlying platform, AC etc are similar for both cars. Creta and Seltos also share same platform although priced differently, but the strength of steel grade varies. We don't know the facts yet hence asking others for their observation of doors and tailgate.
Old 1st January 2022, 21:02   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojet View Post
This is not a placebo effect, I am aware of their product lines and economies of scale.While it's difficult to digest the fact that there could be difference in sheet metal, we should understand EOS can be achieved in a single product.
I too have checked Kushaq and Taigun back to back many times and always me and the others accompanying me felt that the door of Kushaq felt heavier with a stronger thud But if you notice closely, the doors in the two cars are exactly, exactly the same. So I would be rather surprised if they use different metal sheets to cast them in the same machine. Should not be.
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:10   #2079
BHPian

Hello everyone!!
So I have been following the forum for a while now and recently my application for membership was also accepted.
Like so many on this forum, I am also in the situation of which SUV?
My wife and I took the TD of Kushaq 1.0 yesterday and IMHO, found the NVH levels too high for our taste (We have a Brio 2015 which works like a charm in city and NVH levels are quite controlled). The initial lag was also felt.
Frankly, I felt that it was not worth the money we would have to splurge over it.
Then TD 1.5 also, where the NVH levels were on the lower side but not what you would expect in a 20 lac car. I had previously driven Rapid but Kushaq 1.0 just didn’t click.
Am I wrong about the NVH levels in the car?
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:59   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
Hello everyone!!
So I have been following the forum for a while now and recently my application for membership was also accepted.
My wife and I took the TD of Kushaq 1.0 yesterday and IMHO, found the NVH levels too high for our taste (We have a Brio 2015 which works like a charm in city and NVH levels are quite controlled). The initial lag was also felt.
Frankly, I felt that it was not worth the money we would have to splurge over it.
Then TD 1.5 also, where the NVH levels were on the lower side but not what you would expect in a 20 lac car. I had previously driven Rapid but Kushaq 1.0 just didn’t click.
Kushaq has higher NVH levels compared to the Korean twins. The under-bonnet sound insulation is lacking in the Kushaq because the focus is on heat dissipation rather than sound dampening because Turbo engines work at higher temperatures. Theoretically, this should improve the lifespan on these turbo engines. Read this somewhere, unfortunately, I am unable to recall the source!

So, if NVH level is higher on your priority list, I'd look away from the Kushaq.
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:09   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
Hello everyone!!
Kushaq is only 60% of original Skoda and I also concur with your observations. The quality is not worthy of 18-20 lakh .
Turbojet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:54   #2082
BHPian

What's the best vfm variant of kushaq?
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:11   #2083
Team-BHP Support

As announced in December, prices have gone up now. Kushaq starts at 10.99 ex-showroom. Making room for the Slavia?

Price list as below -

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220102110607_chrome.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220102111030_chrome.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:39   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilosKage View Post
Kushaq has higher NVH levels compared to the Korean twins. The under-bonnet sound insulation is lacking in the Kushaq because the focus is on heat dissipation rather than sound dampening because Turbo engines work at higher temperatures. Theoretically, this should improve the lifespan on these turbo engines. Read this somewhere, unfortunately, I am unable to recall the source!

So, if NVH level is higher on your priority list, I'd look away from the Kushaq.
I have not even checked out the Korean twins. They are not on my list just because of their safety rating. This was the first car I took the TD of and I am just comparing with Brio.
My priority is not NVH but I would still love it to be under acceptable level. Spending 16.5 lac (Ambition AT) on a car that gives you a feeling of driving a mini tractor (no offence meant here) is not practical in my opinion.
What is going on in Indian Car market? The products available even at 20 lacs are just simply trash.
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:40   #2085

Is it only my car or all the Kushaq's with ventilated seats have this kind of unfinished flooring?

Below left front seat:

Skoda Kushaq Review-screen-shot-20220102-7.24.25-pmmin.png

Skoda Kushaq Review-screen-shot-20220102-7.24.39-pmmin.png

Below right front seat:

Skoda Kushaq Review-screen-shot-20220102-7.30.15-pmmin.png
maverick_kushaq is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks