Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2021, 12:35   #1981
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilosKage View Post
Also, the accessories pack cost me 8k instead of 18k. I don't know if that was discounted or just a smaller accessory pack
I think it is a basic accessory pack. I also opted for that. 18k pack is different. I did not ask for the corporate discount. I will check that with him. Thanks for the info.
Old 12th December 2021, 14:14   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
Can you please elaborate?
Sunroof will get jammed. Happened to my Skoda Octavia. I was not keen to use it at all. After many many months, when someone from family tried to open it, it wouldn't. Mechanic mentioned that sunroof has to be operated occassionally.
lejhoom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 06:06   #1983
BHPian

Hello All,

Just completed a 720 km trip from Chennai to Bangalore and back. Left Saturday AM and back Sunday evening.

I am very happy with the performance overall. Yes, there is a slight creaking from the driver door over big undulations when driven slowly (when the torsional rigidity is pushed), and yes the 1.0 is not that fuel efficient - I got around 13.5 kmpl on the highway with exclusive XP95. Had the tyre pressure at 33 psi all around.

There were nearly no time I found the car lacking power, just drop a gear with the paddle shifter and go.

Do I wish now that I had got the 1.5L - oh yes, but for the DSG.

That said, super happy with it so far, and if this is the new highway experience, can’t wait to get out more often!
balajiisworking is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 16:09   #1984
BHPian

Has anyone observed a little play in the drivers seat making a knocking sound whenever it is moving back and forth. I test drove two cars and found the same issue. I am almost close to buying Kushaq but not happy with that noise as it is irritating to me.

Can someone who owns it or someone who observed this please comment. I asked the dealer to get another car as he was saying it is just a one off issue in the test drive car.
Old 13th December 2021, 16:42   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
Has anyone observed a little play in the drivers seat making a knocking sound whenever it is moving back and forth.
No such issues - probably the seat did not get locked in position when adjusting. Should be a one-off.
JishD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 20:40   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajiisworking View Post
Just completed a 720 km trip from Chennai to Bangalore and back. Left Saturday AM and back Sunday evening. - I got around 13.5 kmpl on the highway with exclusive XP95. Had the tyre pressure at 33 psi all around.
Is yours the 1.0L AT? I suppose the speeds you were doing when on the highways sections were mostly 120kmph+ (Chennai - Bangalore has nice long stretches)

I'm curious to know why your highway mileage is quite low.

I have a 1.0L MT and in my recent drives from Coimbatore to parts of Kerala (congested highways + mild hills & around 100kmph max possible) the mileage shown in the car display stats was 19.5. But my tank full to tank full calcs come around 18.5

I've been running on regular fuel since delivery of the vehicle - tyre pressure 33. I've clocked approx. 2500km since delivery on Nov 17th.

I'll know what mileage my MT returns when doing 120/120+ speeds on my upcoming trip to Bangalore by next week.
rideon74 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 20:48   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Is yours the 1.0L AT? I suppose the speeds you were doing when on the highways sections were mostly 120kmph+ (Chennai - Bangalore has nice long stretches)

I'm curious to know why your highway mileage is quite low.

I have a 1.0L MT and in my recent drives from Coimbatore to parts of Kerala (congested highways + mild hills & around 100kmph max possible) the mileage shown in the car display stats was 19.5. But my tank full to tank full calcs come around 18.5

I've been running on regular fuel since delivery of the vehicle - tyre pressure 33. I've clocked approx. 2500km since delivery on Nov 17th.

I'll know what mileage my MT returns when doing 120/120+ speeds on my upcoming trip to Bangalore by next week.

There were small stretches that I was doing under a 100 and I could see the average kmpl climb quite easily.

I suppose you could put it down to heavy right foot, plus terrible 100 kms between Chennai and Arcot. Also the Nice toll junction isn’t fastag enabled on any end, significantly impacting idle fuel consumption.

And yes, at first opportunity I would be on the wrong side of 100 every time.
balajiisworking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 07:30   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajiisworking View Post
And yes, at first opportunity I would be on the wrong side of 100 every time.
From one happy Kushaq owner to another: Who would blame us? The Kushaq is such a confidence inspiring, fun bundle of automotive joy to zing on the highways! Cheers & safe drives!
rideon74 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 13:32   #1989
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a red Kushaq today up close. Such a sporty colour. It's the same red as flash red of VW and Montecarlo red of rapid I guess.

Everytime I see a kushaq on road, I find it more compact than the last time. With such limited dimensions, Skoda definitely have improved their space management. No wonder Slavia will be the most spacious in it's segment.

With my altroz, altroz might look larger here because the kushaq was parked farther back.

Skoda Kushaq Review-20211214_132834.jpg

I have not driven a kushaq yet, but judging from its dimensions and looks, I am pretty sure it will be a lot of fun to throw around the curves.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 15:07   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A sweet looking Monte Carlo'ish mod job on the Kushaq -

Attachment 2219894
Source
Any idea when should we expect a similar Monte Carlo variant officially from Skoda?

Would it be right to assume that after Slavia's launch in March, by June Skoda will introduce it, on 1 year anniversary of Kushaq? Hopefully they will add proper digital cockpit (Octavia/T-Roc one) + ADAS?!
Old 14th December 2021, 22:48   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post

I have a 1.0L MT and in my recent drives from Coimbatore to parts of Kerala (congested highways + mild hills & around 100kmph max possible) the mileage shown in the car display stats was 19.5. But my tank full to tank full calcs come around 18.5.
A month or two earlier I would have said it was impossible to get these numbers on the 1.0 AT. My average on the first long Delhi Jaipur trip was a measly 13 kpl.

But after 1500 km on the odo, things have really changed. Now I consistently get 13 kpl in city (between 5-10 km drives) and Delhi Gurgaon runs in weekend light traffic are resulting in seriously admirable figures of 19 kpl !
JishD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 09:13   #1992
BHPian

Finally did the PDI on my red beauty, actually not me personally since I was traveling so my parents did it. The car is December manufactured as per the VIN, but they saw a PIN sticker which had May 2021 written. I am not sure if the car was even under production in May, so curious what this is.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211215wa0000.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211214wa0028.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211214wa0027.jpg  

amey027 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:31   #1993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
The car is December manufactured as per the VIN
Not sure what to make of VIN and PIN mismatch. I was also trying to decode VINs and the letter to identify the year of manufacture. All the Kushaq VINs identify it to be Volkswagen on VIN decoder websites. May be since they are manufactured in VW plant here, the VIN given is VW VIN.

I tried to verify a VIN of a new Taigun in my apartment complex. As per the VIN decoder website, it is 2022 car. I am seeing the car in our complex since last 1 month. So looks like these companies manufacture cars with future MY in advance.
Old 15th December 2021, 13:46   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Spotted a red Kushaq today up close. Such a sporty colour. It's the same red as flash red of VW and Montecarlo red of rapid I guess.

Everytime I see a kushaq on road, I find it more compact than the last time. With such limited dimensions, Skoda definitely have improved their space management. No wonder Slavia will be the most spacious in it's segment.

With my altroz, altroz might look larger here because the kushaq was parked farther back.

Attachment 2245041

I have not driven a kushaq yet, but judging from its dimensions and looks, I am pretty sure it will be a lot of fun to throw around the curves.
Honestly, external size isn't indicative of internal space. Wheelbase and track width are. Kushaq has the highest wheelbase in the segment and that translates to great legroom. No manufacturer shares trackwidth but I had measured shoulder room to be higher than Creta. Kushaq's simple non buffed design doesn't help its cause.
Old 15th December 2021, 16:05   #1995
BHPian

Hello everyone,
We are on the verge of replacing our old trusted 2013 Swift Dzire with a new car and as an enthusiast I would love to get Kushaq or Slavia (waiting for price reveal).
Our only concern is fuel efficiency, their is no fixed running it can be 500kms or even 2000+ kms a month.
Can you guys give me a rough idea of what mileage can I expect in heavy bumper to bumper traffic in city like Delhi?
Thankyou.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks