Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 11:48   #1951

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I assume 1.5AT 6 airbags style is not available immediately but you will get it next month or so. Still you were able to extract discount? Current discounts were only on the 2 airbag version. Here in Pune they are saying no discounts on 1.5 AT 6 airbags.
SA says he is confident of getting it in this month. But even if it's January, that is okay. If there's a price hike, I'll pay new price but the discount will hold.
Old 9th December 2021, 11:55   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoorvdurga View Post
SA says he is confident of getting it in this month. But even if it's January, that is okay. If there's a price hike, I'll pay new price but the discount will hold.
Did he say anything about any impending price hike?
Old 9th December 2021, 12:19   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
I understand your position but from a dealer point of view, no dealer would wait 10 days for you to complete PDI or delay the delivery to you as he has his targets. He would much rather sell it to another prospective customer.

Having said this, you may very well ask the dealer to cancel this booking and allot a new car to you at your convenience (with free time at hand) so that you are able to go with that sales guy to the stockyard/service shop to have a look at the stock and then give the go ahead.

Also, it is advisable that you get only the VIN of the car and the forum can decode the month and year of manufacture for you.

Bottom line: Always get the Month and Year of the manufactured car confirmed before paying out. You don’t want to end up with a 9-12 month old manufactured car. I always prefer 1-2 month between factory production and delivery.

May be you can have this thought conveyed to the dealer to make him understand of your concern. Even then if he doesn’t budge, please find a better and honest dealer.

If he wants 100% money without giving any details, he’s hiding something. Better stay away from the car in question.
Yeah, I did mention I am not comfortable making any payment unless I get the allotment details and ideally also perform the PDI. But he pulled a surprise mofo on me by saying the stockyard is 40km away. Not sure if he's being truthful or just hoping I'll drop the PDI because of the distance.

Also, is it standard practice to drive the car from stockyard to the showroom pre-delivery? I personally am not comfortable with this, especially if that 40km distance is true.
Old 9th December 2021, 12:27   #1954
BHPian

Additionally, the dealer wants me to put a mail saying I need a PDI and I will be visiting on this particular date. Seems too official to me, to see something I am about to own and is anyway allotted to me. I was expecting him to be cordial about it.
Old 9th December 2021, 12:48   #1955
rrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Yeah, I did mention I am not comfortable making any payment unless I get the allotment details and ideally also perform the PDI. But he pulled a surprise mofo on me by saying the stockyard is 40km away. Not sure if he's being truthful or just hoping I'll drop the PDI because of the distance.

Also, is it standard practice to drive the car from stockyard to the showroom pre-delivery? I personally am not comfortable with this, especially if that 40km distance is true.
In my experience, normally, dealer do not bring the car to showroom unless it is for delivery. A decade ago when I bought figo, dealer got the car to showroom for my PDI and I rejected it for a scratch. Then arranged another car for which they asked me to come to stockyard. Fair ask I guess as they want to reduce the risk of anything happening to the car during transit or at the showroom as it is their responsibility.

I suggest dont bother whether showroom or stockyard. Insist on PDI before payment.

Quote:
Additionally, the dealer wants me to put a mail saying I need a PDI and I will be visiting on this particular date. Seems too official to me, to see something I am about to own and is anyway allotted to me. I was expecting him to be cordial about it.
I think it is OK to send an email for PDI. Infact take it to your advantage and say that only after PDI you will settle the rest of the payment. Also take any of your friend/family if needed as well. Another pair of eyes is always good and make sure you get to see the car in acceptable lighting condition and not in shabby dark place. Dont hesitate to take multiple photos including the VIN.
rrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 16:18   #1956
BHPian

Took a TD of the Kushaq 1.5MT, really enjoyed the drive. Must say the 1.5 tsi engine is kinda addictive to drive even inside the city with bumper to bumper traffic.So finally decided to go for Skoda kushaq 1.5 TSI MT.
After a corporate discount of 15K and insurance discount of 25k (Skoda insurance 61k), the final on road price stands at 19.39L.(Chennai).

I find only mud flaps useful from Essential Accessory kit
Any advice on should I be haggling further?This will be my first time buying a Skoda.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211209wa0000.jpg  

Rjeevan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 17:00   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post
Took a TD of the Kushaq 1.5MT, really enjoyed the drive. Must say the 1.5 tsi engine is kinda addictive to drive even inside the city with bumper to bumper traffic.So finally decided to go for Skoda kushaq 1.5 TSI MT.
After a corporate discount of 15K and insurance discount of 25k (Skoda insurance 61k), the final on road price stands at 19.39L.(Chennai).

Any advice on should I be haggling further?This will be my first time buying a Skoda.
I have been pushing the Chennai dealers for cash discounts on the Style variant (1.5 or 1.0). Apart from the insurance and corporate discounts (which sadly doesn't apply for my company ), they aren't ready to budge on anything more.

How did you find the 1.0, compared to the 1.5, within the city?
Old 9th December 2021, 17:42   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
I have been pushing the Chennai dealers for cash discounts on the Style variant (1.5 or 1.0). Apart from the insurance and corporate discounts (which sadly doesn't apply for my company ), they aren't ready to budge on anything more.

How did you find the 1.0, compared to the 1.5, within the city?
Sadly I am not in a position to compare it with 1tr tsi, since I directly jumped upon and made up my mind on 1.5tsi.Within city the ride has been fantastic. A bit on stiffer side but I will take it who has driven only Hyundai and Maruti's.
Rjeevan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 18:03   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
There’s a mini-kit option that costs about 7999 and has basic useful accessories such as flaps, mats, cover, sun blinds, perfume, etc skipping the unnecessary ones that cost 18k. You can ask about it with your dealer and should bring the price further down.

Otherwise seems like a decent price. Given the waiting time with other manufacturers, upcoming price hike, etc. Škoda and VW seem confident of selling their stock and quite honestly offers across all manufacturers have dried up.
roadlover1705 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:21   #1960
BHPian

Quote:

Good Choice! I test drove both the 1.5 and 1.0 and 1.5 is definitely a better choice with the best of everything: better refined, lower noise, more power, more efficiency. And finally I got one orange 1.5 MT STYLE for me on 02 Dec

See if you can bargain coz I only got 15K loyalty bonus for being a VW owner and I also got insurance from outside, which they quoted 45K, at 34K including nil dep, invoice protect, engine protect. There was an exchange bonus but I sold it outside and got a better deal.

On buying any VW or Škoda: Don’t forget the extended warranty. Always take that. Also, if you are getting the 4 year SMP at 15999 take that as the service cost as per normal schedule are 6000 to 8000 depending on your KMs plus GST.

In respect of accessories, the tyre inflator, mudflaps, cat cover, garbage bag, sun blinds, Blaupunkt 12V charger are useful in daily use for me, so I took the 18K pack. See if it makes sense for you or not, else not necessary to take them all.

Also now there are blaupunkt dash cams available as accessories. See if you can make them compromise on something and add that.

Last edited by KapilD : 9th December 2021 at 21:25.
KapilD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:44   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Please do a visual PDI before accepting the car. I also went to the stock yard to get mine done. It was about 20 kms away. They don’t bring the car to the showroom. They take it from the stock yard to the service centre, remove the factory transit restrictions (like locked ORVM, locked RPM up to @2500 only etc) and do a thorough check of the car which takes about 4-5 hours. Then they get the car to the showroom to deliver it to the customer 1 day before the delivery date.

And yes, it’s driven to the showroom as they can’t get a trailer for 1/2 car. Doesn’t make economic sense.

All of the above being subject to the prospective owner giving ok for the car and paying 100% including finance and down payment. Only then will the process move forward.

Please note that you need to have insurance before you get the car delivered as the RTO needs it. So in case you are taking it from outside, please take note. Also, the date needs to be specified so that it works in tandem with the RTO Tax filing date.
KapilD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:57   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Good Choice! I test drove both the 1.5 and 1.0 and 1.5 is definitely a better choice with the best of everything: better refined, lower noise, more power, more efficiency. And finally I got one orange 1.5 MT STYLE for me on 02 Dec

See if you can bargain coz I only got 15K loyalty bonus for being a VW owner and I also got insurance from outside, which they quoted 45K, at 34K including nil dep, invoice protect, engine protect. There was an exchange bonus but I sold it outside and got a better deal.

On buying any VW or Škoda: Don’t forget the extended warranty. Always take that. Also, if you are getting the 4 year SMP at 15999 take that as the service cost as per normal schedule are 6000 to 8000 depending on your KMs plus GST.

In respect of accessories, the tyre inflator, mudflaps, cat cover, garbage bag, sun blinds, Blaupunkt 12V charger are useful in daily use for me, so I took the 18K pack. See if it makes sense for you or not, else not necessary to take them all.

Also now there are blaupunkt dash cams available as accessories. See if you can make them compromise on something and add that.
Congrats on your orange Kushaq!

Thanks for these pointers.. Been wondering about the extended warranty - does it have to be purchased at the outset or can it be bought just before the end of Y4?
Old 9th December 2021, 23:09   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your orange Kushaq!

Thanks for these pointers.. Been wondering about the extended warranty - does it have to be purchased at the outset or can it be bought just before the end of Y4?
You can get within the 4 years. But The longer you wait the costlier it becomes to get the extended warranty. This is how it was with the VW I owned.

I’ve not checked the price table but it’s always preferable to do it in year 1. I’m planning for within 6 months so that the price remains the least.
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 00:12   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please note that you need to have insurance before you get the car delivered as the RTO needs it. So in case you are taking it from outside, please take note. Also, the date needs to be specified so that it works in tandem with the RTO Tax filing date.
That's a valid point but just a correction from personal experience . Insurance start date need not match the registration date. One needs to buy insurance to share details with the dealer since it is needed prior to the registration. Insurance start date can be any day you specify but mostly it is the date you purchase insurance since one may not know exact date of registration beforehand.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th December 2021 at 00:18.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 10:47   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
That's a valid point but just a correction from personal experience . Insurance start date need not match the registration date. One needs to buy insurance to share details with the dealer since it is needed prior to the registration. Insurance start date can be any day you specify but mostly it is the date you purchase insurance since one may not know exact date of registration beforehand.
Correction noted.

I wanted to convey the same that the car needs to have valid insurance when it needs to go out to public road and would be registered in your name.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks