Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2021, 19:04   #1876
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
You are right. Gurudev Skoda said I will be making the payment to Skoda directly post-delivery.

My question was more around finding Gurudev's claim weird about Skoda not honouring their November offer because delivery was not in November itself.

This is very helpful. Shared the screenshot with my SA. Will keep you posted. Thank you!
I too booked the Kushaq in November. Expecting delivery by 4-Dec. I got the maintenance package at the discounted price of 15999/
askicode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 20:07   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Hello folks,
How was the Kushaq's performance in the November sales? Cant seem to find the data.
Please share if anyone has it.
Thanks.
Seems to be 2196 units.

http://www.uniindia.com/~/skoda-auto...s/2579909.html
Old 1st December 2021, 21:45   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Umm 2196 cas for Skoda India and 2300 Kushaq's for November 2021?
Sketchy.
Old 1st December 2021, 21:53   #1879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Umm 2196 cas for Skoda India and 2300 Kushaq's for November 2021?
Sketchy.
The article says 2300 Kushaqs were delivered to customers in November 2021. 2196 is probably the number of Škodas dispatched from the factory in November. The rest of the Kushaqs delivered are probably from older production. It looks like we'll have to wait for a few days for factory dispatch figures for the Kushaq.

A word of caution: the website doesn't seem to have a valid digital certificate.

Last edited by ron178 : 1st December 2021 at 21:55.
Old 2nd December 2021, 11:38   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Our delivery is tentatively slated for this Saturday (3rd Dec). When I booked the Kushaq in Nov, my dealer promised a discount of 9k in the service package (16k against 25k). He called me last night and said they could invoice the car with my permission on Nov 30 itself and I could avail the offer. Sounded shady to me as I had been insisting on a visit to the yard to do a PDI before they allot the chassis number to me.

I stood my ground an said I need to do the PDI personally before they send the car for registration (God forbid I discover on the day of delivery that it's a 2 airbag version instead of the 6 airbag version). They said I will have to forego the 9k discount in that case because the car can only be invoiced in Dec.

Here are my questions.
  1. Aren't monthly offers by date of booking and not date of invoicing/delivery?
  2. And if by date of invoicing, technically I should be able to avail December offers right (which aren't announced yet)?
  3. I am sounding super paranoid (Skoda India's past behaviour is definitely at fault here!), but does this sound shady and look like the dealer might be trying to get a bad unit sold to me?
My loan has already been sanctioned and disbursed, so I don't think I even hold any cards here.

The SA is super sweet (I have known him for exactly 5 days and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but Skoda India's reputation precedes all this.

Please advise.
I booked mine (1.5 MT) on 30th November

1. What offers/discounts did you get?
2. Is there any information available on these online?

I haven't yet talked to my dealer. I am in Gurgaon currently, so test drove the car here but booked it in Mumbai (my hometown). Really surprised I haven't got a call from the dealer even 2 days post booking. Any tips on different areas I can push the dealer for discounts? This is my first car, so I have 0 experience on this
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:38   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
I booked mine (1.5 MT) on 30th November

1. What offers/discounts did you get?
2. Is there any information available on these online?

I haven't yet talked to my dealer. I am in Gurgaon currently, so test drove the car here but booked it in Mumbai (my hometown). Really surprised I haven't got a call from the dealer even 2 days post booking. Any tips on different areas I can push the dealer for discounts? This is my first car, so I have 0 experience on this
I was promised the Skoda service pack discount (16k against 24k) and got some so called discount off insurance (from the dealer).

Would be hard to get discounts on the Kushaq since it's a new car. The 2 airbag version though has a 20k cash discount. The 6 airbag version is newer, so absolutely 0 discounts. Which variant are you going for?

And it is surprising you haven't received any call so far. Follow up and get a commitment from them on delivery date. If you don't get one, cancel the booking and book afresh with a different dealer, but this time get a delivery date commitment in writing.

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:08   #1882
VEA
BHPian

I find that the foglights in the Kushaq is really helpful in rainy conditions and I am motivated to change the foglight bulbs to something like a Philips extreme vision or equivalent. Same wattage. Anyone here already done the upgrade? What type of bulb is in the Kushaq foglights? I cannot see it specified in the owner’s manual, however it illustrates the method to change the bulbs. It seems like DIY possible.
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:11   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
I was promised the Skoda service pack discount (16k against 24k) and got some so called discount off insurance (from the dealer).

Would be hard to get discounts on the Kushaq since it's a new car. The 2 airbag version though has a 20k cash discount. The 6 airbag version is newer, so absolutely 0 discounts. Which variant are you going for?

And it is surprising you haven't received any call so far. Follow up and get a commitment from them on delivery date. If you don't get one, cancel the booking and book afresh with a different dealer, but this time get a delivery date commitment in writing.

Hope this helps.
I booked the 1.5 Style MT Tornado Red. The booking website mentioned a waiting of 3 weeks but I am assuming that's just a standard period being displayed. Will call the dealer and get a tentative delivery time.

I don't plan to take the insurance from dealer, already got a quotation of 26k from Acko's website. Pretty sure I can get it for another 2-3k less from Policybazaar. Just hoping I can get some discount on warranty package. Plus I technically booked it in November, so the November discount should be valid.
Old 2nd December 2021, 17:15   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are already in December but since 6 airbag Style variant is a new variant, there are no discounts. Since we are discussing discounts, would there be any price hike in Jan 2022 for Kushaq? Has anyone discussed with dealers? Would Skoda dare to raise the prices since Kushaq can't exactly be termed as runaway success.
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:59   #1885
BHPian

Has anyone managed to get delivery with the updated roof liner?
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:28   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Has anyone managed to get delivery with the updated roof liner?
I asked 2 days ago when I booked the 1.5DSG Style and the SA said it isn't available and he hasn't received any intimation from Skoda as well.
Old 3rd December 2021, 00:06   #1887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Anyone took loan from HDFC while also having a HDFC account? Or in general from the bank you have an account in? I was looking at the process and since I have an account, it's breezy. However, I noticed the list of dealers mentioned on the loan website didn't match the official Skoda List.

In fact, when I visited the SBI page, it didn't even have Kushaq as an option under Skoda cars! So now I am confused whether I should apply for loan online, or just use the good old fashioned way.
Car loan processing is very fast for salaried individuals with good Cibil score whether it is HDFC bank or SBI. You can get it done via dealer if they have tie up or directly with the bank. You can also apply online but I'd suggest to go offline way if you are in a hurry and want a point of contact to help you.

I had pre-approved loan offer from HDFC Bank but found their TnC about part prepayment and loan foreclosure very weird. They also insisted on me buying car insurance through them if I wanted flexibility in foreclosure. Although their website says zero foreclosure charges (with a star mark), please confirm with them to avoid surprises.

Hence went with SBI even though I had no account or home loan with them. Got the loan pre-sanctioned over email exchange with the branch manager within same day. A day before I wanted disbursement, I visited the branch for paper work and they were able to release funds to the dealer via RTGS on the next day. SBI has come a long way
If you want to go with SBI and are in Whitefield area, I can share branch manager contact who is super helpful and friendly.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd December 2021 at 00:28.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 09:42   #1888
Distinguished - BHPian

Škoda Kushaq's November dispatches fall rapidly, reaches a new low:

Quote:
Škoda India recorded 2,196 units dispatches! The New Kushaq has fallen below 2k units and is a matter of concern!
Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:30   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Škoda Kushaq's November dispatches fall rapidly, reaches a new low:
Indicates a high dealer level inventory! Prospective buyers should wait till January for good discounts to roll in on 2021 stock.

Last edited by nitkel : 3rd December 2021 at 10:31.
nitkel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 16:59   #1890
BHPian

Received this from Raja Skoda Bangalore with the promos for December 2021. Looks like only the 2 Airbag versions are having good discounts. Ambition variants seem to have 50K offer going on. And the SMP discount is still available in December.

Skoda Kushaq Review-skodadecpromos.jpeg

I was looking for the 1.0L Style MT, and looks like only the corporate discount is applicable. I've also attached the price list shared for Kushaq 1.0 TSI.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda-Kusha-Price-List.pdf (645.0 KB, 274 views)
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks