Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 00:00   #1846
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Thank you for all the suggestions!
I am yet to figure out adding multiple quotes in my reply.

Yes the car will be driven by me primarily. I am currently waiting for more details on the Slavia. The dealer told me that it will be at a premium of min 1 L over Kushaq, which I feel is already overpriced. But I guess once the chip shortage abates a bit, discounts will be offered by Skoda, as there is no way they are going to hit their targets at this price.

I felt Taigun is similar to Kushaq in terms of interiors, it also misses out on some features in the GT+ variant. Hence between Kushaq & Taigun, Kushaq would be my pick.

I had high hopes from Astor. But I found the rear seat to be quite uncomfortable with the seating position to be quite knees up. Lack of a auto dimming mirror is also a big miss. My 8 year old I20 has it. It is just unacceptable in 2022 to be blinded in a 20L car by the moron behind you with the high beam on.

Not going towards nissan showroom unless they bring in an updated kicks, which I think they already have overseas.

So for now, my trusted old I20 it is until Skoda complete their slow launch of slavia.
Old 29th November 2021, 10:17   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Hi,

There's this widely reported issue w.r.t squeaky noises coming from the Kushaq. Dealerships are replacing the door beadings upon continuous follow-up. They first treated this by applying some lubricant on the door rubbers for 3 visits. When I was fed up and tried to escalate the issue, they said that Skoda OEM is providing the new door beadings which are readily available.

I was furious about why they didn't do that in the first place. But, now they did it and 90% of the noise faded away (this is after 10 days from replacement)

If this is nothing new to you, please ignore it. If not, maybe can share with the group so that existing customers can try for resolution on this issue.

Thank you.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 11:53   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!
Yes, Skoda was wrong in launching the Kushaq without testing it much. Yes, Skoda deserves the bashing for EPC saga, roof liner and other build issues. But the way Skoda has reacted to it is commendable and confidence inspiring. They have been quick in taking corrective actions. Yes they deserved all the trolling and bashing but at the same time they do deseve some praise for sorting out these issues. Well done Skoda, all the best for Slavia
RD150 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 13:59   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Thank you for all the suggestions!
I am yet to figure out adding multiple quotes in my reply.

Yes the car will be driven by me primarily. I am currently waiting for more details on the Slavia. The dealer told me that it will be at a premium of min 1 L over Kushaq, which I feel is already overpriced. But I guess once the chip shortage abates a bit, discounts will be offered by Skoda, as there is no way they are going to hit their targets at this price.
I think the dealer might be fibbing in order to push you towards buying a Kushaq now vs a Slavia later, in case you might change your mind in the time frame. I don't think Skoda would be dumb enough to charge 1l extra for essentially the same car, with the same feature set.
Old 29th November 2021, 15:27   #1850
Senior - BHPian

During last couple of weeks, I decided to do a dekko of Taigun / Kushaq. I have a 2011 Figo D, so there is some itch to buy a new car.

First I started with Taigun, after reading the reviews of Team-Bhp. The Taigun looked good overall from outside but I too did not like the overdone chrome on the front or the long LED strip on the rear.

On the inside, I felt the grey painted inserts too much. Could be due to the fact that my current ride, Figo has lot of silver inserts on the central console and AC vents. As for hard plastics, they were not a turn off to me, possibly because I was comparing it with my current car. I think it matters what car you ride currently when you evaluate any new car. Steering wheel design, I did not like very much. I have test driven Vento couple of years back and that steering wheel was a nice looking to hold. I think it is not just Taigun but all new VW cars are sporting similar looking steering wheels. I saw few youtube videos of Tiguan and there too the same design was there.

Due to the overdone chrome and in general the view of dash from drivers perspective, I did not feel like taking a TD as the car did not appeal to me much.

Then decided to check out Kushaq. The impressions were quite opposite. The car looked nice from outside and in team-bhp parlance, proper "European". No overdose of chrome or LED lights.

On the inside, the dark theme on the dashboard was better looking compared to Taigun. Yes, the analog dials looked plain but contrary to popular opinion, the two spoke steering wheel looked rather good. Compared to thick grey plastic inserts on the Taigun, this one had thin chrome inserts around the black spokes. The view of dashboard overall is better in Kushaq compared to Taigun, IMHO.

As for switches, like the power windows or the light, they looked okay but this I am saying from the perspective of owner of 11 year old Figo.

I took test drives in Kushaq of 1.0 AT and 1.5 AT. As written earlier, I had taken a test drive of Vento TSI DSG couple of years' back and it was ride to remember, so mind was comparing against that. Although 1.0 is a good unit, it did not feel fast. Next I tried 1.5AT. As expected this was fast. It had nice quick linear acceleration. But it did not have the sudden shove in backseat that I felt during the Vento test ride. I also took the car on broken roads and the ride was good.

Overall I came out impressed with the car thinking I'd book it if there are any December offers. The SA said only corporate discount of about 15k is there. I can buy insurance from outside if I like to save some money.

I also had this feeling that I should at least give a look to Creta, the crowd favorite. Hence I dropped into a Hyundai showroom. First of all they were in the middle of some associates birthday celebration. It was about to start. So there was no one to acknowledge my presence. I approached the front desk and asked if I can see Creta. She said, they don't have any and if I want to see she'll try to show some customers' Creta that might be there for servicing. I was okay but then she directed me to an SA. He was least interested and just asked what I want to know. I said I can get details online but want to see the vehicle. He said none available and I left. They were not interested in calling me back or anything. So just to give another try, I requested test ride on Hyundai website who shared my details with another local dealer. He too just called once but no progress further. He was just asking me when I am going to book even without showing the car. I think till the time the huge waiting is there, they don't need any new customers.

Coming back to Kushaq, fellow members who booked it or already received it, what offers have you got, if any? Are there any offers for December? My
SA said they have few 2 airbag Style 1.5AT in stock which might get some discount. How much discount I should expect if I decide to go for one of those?
shipnil is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 17:35   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
During last couple of weeks, I decided to do a dekko of Taigun / Kushaq.
Coming back to Kushaq, fellow members who booked it or already received it, what offers have you got, if any? Are there any offers for December? My
SA said they have few 2 airbag Style 1.5AT in stock which might get some discount. How much discount I should expect if I decide to go for one of those?
As per my knowledge the discounts on 2 airbag style dsg is 35k. Maybe it includes loyalty bonus and exchange bonus. Since I’m not buying but enquiring for a friend, this is just what the SA told me. I’ve not got down to bargaining more or have the split details yet.
spkrnh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 17:57   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrnh View Post
As per my knowledge the discounts on 2 airbag style dsg is 35k. Maybe it includes loyalty bonus and exchange bonus. Since I’m not buying but enquiring for a friend, this is just what the SA told me. I’ve not got down to bargaining more or have the split details yet.
I am getting a 1.5 TSI STYLE MT. I got a discount of loyalty for 15K. However, the sales guy here sadly had no exchange facility and hence no exchange bonus.

Although on the sidelines he said that they are instructed to give only one of the either discounts of Corporate or Loyalty. No clubbing.

But other than these no other discounts quoted by the Kolkata dealer.
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 18:18   #1853
rrk

Quote:
During last couple of weeks, I decided to do a dekko of Taigun / Kushaq. I have a 2011 Figo D, so there is some itch to buy a new car.
I am in the same boat and planning to upgrade from my beautiful blue oval.

Quote:
I took test drives in Kushaq of 1.0 AT and 1.5 AT. As written earlier, I had taken a test drive of Vento TSI DSG couple of years' back and it was ride to remember, so mind was comparing against that. Although 1.0 is a good unit, it did not feel fast. Next I tried 1.5AT. As expected this was fast. It had nice quick linear acceleration. But it did not have the sudden shove in backseat that I felt during the Vento test ride. I also took the car on broken roads and the ride was good.
My friend owns Skoda Rapid 1.6 TSI DSG which he wants to sell. I drove it and blow away with ride quality. I am yet to test drive Kushaq but interiors and gizmos are not that important for me as the machine itself.

I cannot afford 1.5 and 1.0 MT Style at 18L on-road is stretch goal. I will test drive Kushaq 1.0 and Nissan Kicks this week. Hopefully these machines wont put head and heart into confusion on which to buy.
Old 29th November 2021, 19:57   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
There's this widely reported issue w.r.t squeaky noises coming from the Kushaq. Dealerships are replacing the door beadings upon continuous follow-up. They first treated this by applying some lubricant on the door rubbers for 3 visits. When I was fed up and tried to escalate the issue, they said that Skoda OEM is providing the new door beadings which are readily available.
This is a big big issue with both Kushaq and Taigun. I have driven 3-4 Kushaqs in test drives till now and this was a noticeable problem in most of them. On an extended test drive of 40 KMs of 1.5 DSG Kushaq, this noise was extremely noticeable. The SA something to the effect of that particular car having crashed, which did not sound very convincing.

Yesterday, test drove 1.5 DSG and 1.0 AT versions of Taigun and this noise was there to the point of being irritating in the 1.5 one. It was present even in 1.0 to a lesser extent.

Hope VAG solves this issue at the earliest.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2021 at 05:21. Reason: Quoted text edited
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 23:46   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav1936 View Post

How did the Kushaq perform?

- Since it's a new vehicle(registered on 30th Oct 2021) and was just driven 500 kms before going on this trip, I did not want to rev it harder for initial 1500 or so kms. So, kept it mostly under 3000 rpms and speed within 100. When cruising at 100kmph on 6th gear , it's at 1900 rpm and feels relaxed.
1. What was the RPM at 120 kmph? That's the max cruising speed I maintain while driving.
2. Is the 1.0 Engine good for the occasional overtakes?

I am really confused between the 1.0 and 1.5 MT. I test drove the 1.0 MT, but unfortunately couldn't drive at 3 digit speeds due to the highway traffic on both my test drives, although found it adequate at 80-90 kmph. I am sure if I test drive the 1.5 MT, my heart will melt right there. Generally, I am not someone who revvs the engine hard while driving a car, around 2000-2500 RPM is my sweet spot. Revving is specifically reserved for my Orange 2-wheeled beast
Old 30th November 2021, 12:54   #1856

RPM at 120 is 2100ish I guess.
During overtakes, you will have to gear down and revv harder. I occassionally felt that it's underpowered.
Old 30th November 2021, 15:14   #1857
BHPian

Looking at new 2022 Karoq's Sportline in RED with "black kit", heart screams why on earth did Skoda not offer localised Karoq instead of this small crossover Kushaq!!

Now damage is already done by Skoda by introducing Kushaq, atleast in near future they should offer Monte Carlo in Kushaq with Black kit + also re-introduce Karoq (atleast Sportline variant) which can be placed in competition to T-Roc 2022/ Tiguan 5 seater.
Old 30th November 2021, 16:36   #1858
BHPian

Anyone took loan from HDFC while also having a HDFC account? Or in general from the bank you have an account in? I was looking at the process and since I have an account, it's breezy. However, I noticed the list of dealers mentioned on the loan website didn't match the official Skoda List.

In fact, when I visited the SBI page, it didn't even have Kushaq as an option under Skoda cars! So now I am confused whether I should apply for loan online, or just use the good old fashioned way.
Old 30th November 2021, 18:48   #1859
rrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Anyone took loan from HDFC while also having a HDFC account? Or in general from the bank you have an account in? I was looking at the process and since I have an account, it's breezy. However, I noticed the list of dealers mentioned on the loan website didn't match the official Skoda List.

In fact, when I visited the SBI page, it didn't even have Kushaq as an option under Skoda cars! So now I am confused whether I should apply for loan online, or just use the good old fashioned way.
More than having savings account, having salary account with the bank makes it easy for loans. Atleast that has been my experience. Although you could take the loan from different FI, it would take few more days. End of the day you have shop for cheaper/better interest rate as well.

Dont expect FI to match or be up to date with PV list. Infact, they dont care other than your repayment capability, CIBIL score etc. Normally dealer should help you with aligning to FI and rest of the process is not all that complex.

BTW, with HDFC atleast, to close the loan you have to visit the respective branch dealing with retail loans (not where you have your savings account) to get the NOC. This was not available online - but not sure in pandemic if this has changed.
Old 30th November 2021, 19:10   #1860
KAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Anyone took loan from HDFC while also having a HDFC account?
====
So now I am confused whether I should apply for loan online, or just use the good old fashioned way.
I went through the dealer and took a loan from SBI. The rates and terms were significantly better then HDFC. Loan got disbursed in 3 days so very efficient.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks