Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:15   #1591
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Auto India reports a drop in September sales as compared to last month.

The company sells 3027 units as compared to the 3829 reported last month.
While the EPC issue certainly has put many prospective buyers to hold off their purchase or buy something else, I think the reason for the drop may be the chip shortage.
Maruti, Hyundai have also witnessed a drastic fall in September sales.
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:06   #1592

To break the EPC jinx, I drove my Ambition 1.0 alone from Noida to Ranchi ~1250 kms from 02-03 Oct 2021. Had got the fuel pump replaced (on recall, I didn't face any problem with original pump too) on 01 Oct 2021 in New Delhi and refuelled with normal petrol in Noida (tank full). The new fuel pump that was installed was one made in Germany.

Day 1 - Drove 809 kms from Noida to Varanasi via Agra, Lucknow, Rae Bareli and Prayagraj Bypass. I started the journey at 4 AM. For approx 500 kms, car was driven on cruise control set at 99 kmph. After driving for 400 kms, got the tank refuelled with normal petrol from a countryside Reliance outlet. Total journey time was 12 hours including 2 breaks of 15 minutes each. Top speed attained was 110 kmph.

Day 2 - Drove from Varanasi to Ranchi via Dehri-on-Sone and Hazaribagh. Started at 4 AM in morning and reached destination at 11 AM (approx 440 kms). Got the tank refuelled at a countryside fuel pump with normal petrol. This was the only 10 minute break in entire journey of 2nd day. Fuel level didn't go down below 1/4th as I don't feel comfortable with those levels on a long drive. Top speed attained was 125 kmph.

Observations, hits and misses are as follows:

1. Shock absorbers are effective and small speed breaker or pot holes are absolutely not felt over normal driving speed range.

2. Lights are very good. High beam focus is awesome and it makes night driving a breeze.

3. Good Year tyres were not that noisy as reported by several people. I have been using Yokohama Earth on my other car and can say noise level in Good Year was lower. Though it is too early to comment looking at the fact that Good Year tyres are just 2 months old. One thing that I noticed was vehicle swaying a bit to the right when running over chain of small speed breakers with braking action in progress. I never experienced this in my Vento which would always maintain its line. This may also be because of ABS action if not tyre or other issue (Kushaq is the first car with ABS that I have punished this way, my Vento doesn't have ABS and several other cars that I have driven didn't encounter this situation on road).

4. Stability is rock solid. I never felt worried even for a moment in the hills taking turns at speed as high as 70 to 90 kmph. Car felt in good control all the time.

5. Not pleased with the cabin light switch, one of them misses at times and needs to be pressed hard.

6. Expect a mileage between 18 to 19 on highways.

Overall, I am happy with my new car as it is meeting the purpose for which it was purchased (reducing my point A to B timings on long drives).
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 18:17   #1593
VEA
BHPian

I find the headlights to be just average. Wonder if it’s not properly aimed in my car. Every other Kushaq owner feels the lights are good.

Today I noticed that the rollers in the steering wheel controls are reversed in my car. Usually the left roller controls the volume level and right roller controls the MID. For a brief period I found the functions were swapped! Will have to observe if the issue is repeated. Anyone else faced this issue?

Last edited by VEA : 3rd October 2021 at 18:18. Reason: Spell
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 19:52   #1594

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
Today I noticed that the rollers in the steering wheel controls are reversed in my car. Usually the left roller controls the volume level and right roller controls the MID. For a brief period I found the functions were swapped! Will have to observe if the issue is repeated. Anyone else faced this issue?
Even I noticed this once. I was perplexed and alarmed until I noticed that the steering wheel was actually turned 180 degrees
lalsam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 21:55   #1595
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalsam View Post
Even I noticed this once. I was perplexed and alarmed until I noticed that the steering wheel was actually turned 180 degrees
This could very well explain what happened to me There is a high chance that the steering wheel was 180 degrees as the car was parked! I would be observing it more.
Old 4th October 2021, 01:47   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I find the headlights to be just average. Wonder if it’s not properly aimed in my car. Every other Kushaq owner feels the lights are good.
The lights are brilliant for stock LED projector. Maybe you need to check rhe aiming/angle.

Off topic : Bird crap necessitated me to use the windshield washer fluid. And it was empty ! Not done Skoda
Old 4th October 2021, 14:08   #1597
BHPian

I am looking for an upgrade to my 2016 Hyundai Creta. I am strongly considering Thar as my next car. People keep saying it's an impractical buy but my reasoning is that I am young and single, so I can afford to make this mistake (if it is one).

I have a monthly running of 2-3k Kms, 50-60% chauffeur driven, 60-70% on highway. I have a habit of sitting shotgun when accompanied by a driver. 99% of the times, the car's max occupancy will be 2.

I am badly confused between Thar diesel AT and Kushaq 1.5 DSG. I don't feel any other car will be a worthy upgrade to my existing ride, keeping the budget under 20 Lacs.

My reason for Thar - I feel it's the Royal Enfield of 4 wheelers. No matter how impractical it is, no matter if you are not planning to take it to the hills or long tours, you want to own one. Moreover, it will be a significantly different experience from my current ownership.

My reason for Kushaq - Though the body style and ride is similar to my Creta, the engine and gearbox is from a different world altogether. My Creta had converted me into a torque-head, but the performance of Kushaq is too tempting to ignore.

Owners and those who have experienced these two vehicles, if you can help me figure out the right choice, it would be really great.
Old 4th October 2021, 14:56   #1598
BHPian

Just got off a call with Skoda sales advisor. Good news for the folks who are looking for 1.5 DSG this month.

Discounts have started to trickle in. Standard discount + corporate would have been nearly RS 49,000/- off.

This is good price point, considering that it will negate the price increase for adding 6 air bags +TPMS.

With ventilated seats it surely trumps Taigun in terms of features. Only missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle is digital cluster.

At same price points between Kushaq & Taigun one would have to dig deep within to pick up a sensible one.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 4th October 2021 at 14:58.
CircleOfLife is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 15:15   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Just got off a call with Skoda sales advisor. Good news for the folks who are looking for 1.5 DSG this month.
Discounts have started to trickle in. Standard discount + corporate would have been nearly RS 49,000/- off.
This is good price point, considering that it will negate the price increase for adding 6 air bags +TPMS.
Wow, thats faster than many would have anticipated, including me. I thought they'd hold on to the pricing for a while still.

So do we need to hold a 2 minute silence for those early birds who put faith in Skoda and bought the 1.5 Kushaq DSG at higher price (equal almost, but with less features), with lesser airbags? Quite a stab-in-the-back scenario of sorts.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th October 2021 at 15:28.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 15:49   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Wow, thats faster than many would have anticipated, including me. I thought they'd hold on to the pricing for a while still.
Quite a stab-in-the-back scenario of sorts.
Discount is solely on I.5 DSG. Would say it is domino effect.
  1. Skoda might not have sold as many 1.5 DSG. Expected vs Actual.
  2. XUV700 pricing & ASTOR expected impact.
  3. Most important sibling rivalry with Taigun. No one wants to loose this one.
  4. Skoda will need more folks to come to showroom given the EPC niggles are not 100% sorted out.

Yes who might have bought just few days back will feel short changed but that is how market functions. Price cycles have got shorter.

Think about price hikes. It used to be yearly cycle now it has become quarterly.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 15:54   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
I am looking for an upgrade to my 2016 Hyundai Creta. I am strongly considering Thar as my next car. People keep saying it's an impractical buy but my reasoning is that I am young and single, so I can afford to make this mistake (if it is one).

I have a monthly running of 2-3k Kms, 50-60% chauffeur driven, 60-70% on highway. I have a habit of sitting shotgun when accompanied by a driver. 99% of the times, the car's max occupancy will be 2.

For the reason in bold alone, I would say Thar is a bad choice. Happened to drive new Thar for 200ish km on on highways and honestly its very uncomfortable vehicle in triple digit speeds. Might be because my regular drive is a sedan.
Though I like Thar as a lifestyle product, I would not buy that as a regular drive
Old 4th October 2021, 17:27   #1602
BHPian

Any updates expected or just a marketing campaign?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-ea38c90672684fb5a8fa463b785ea36f.jpeg  

CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 11:07   #1603
BANNED

After fair market research, thorough TD, and perusing the technical specifications, I took delivery of Skoda Kushaq 1.0L AT Ambition on October 1st 2021 from Aryaveer Skoda here in Delhi. I have just driven a little over 100Km as the vehicle is yet to be registered and is getting delayed understandably owing to some glitches in the registration portal here in Delhi. The OR price to me is around 16L as I refused to take insurance and accessories kit from the Dealer. The buying experience was good and found the sales advisor Rohit Anand quite amiable and customer oriented.

The issue of 'EPC' faced by some Kushaq customers was a matter of concern but then experience of 125 years of Car making experience of Skoda is confidence instilling. I remember vehicle stalling issues initially faced by Maruti Zen users way back in 1995 and it turned out to be chocking of fuel filter by bad quality fuel. Later success of Zen is history.

I am told that only few kushaq customers reported 'EPC' issues and as per Skoda the 'EPC' alert is not a defect but an alert to prevent damage to engine functioning. In this case it is reported from the fuel pump as the sensor there reports bad quality and or lower octane fuel being fed to the TSI Engine.

The sticker on the backside of the fuel lid in Kushaq recommends filling with 91-95 Octane fuel. In my opinion it makes sense to remain on the upper side of the range at 95 to prevent this alert from 'EPC'.

I will be too glad to share my ownership experience as I find the vehicle literary 'Kushaq' of the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20211001_162010.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20211001_152224.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20211001_152321.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20211001_161942.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20211001_161951.jpg  

kapursaket is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 11:18   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post

I will be too glad to share my ownership experience as I find the vehicle literary 'Kushaq' of the road.
Congratulations on your newest acquisition. Hope you have a safe and reliable journey with the Kushaq.
KingKong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 12:09   #1605
BHPian

Many congratulations .

Quote:
The sticker on the backside of the fuel lid in Kushaq recommends filling with 91-95 Octane fuel. In my opinion it makes sense to remain on the upper side of the range at 95 to prevent this alert from 'EPC'.
There is normal fuel and premium fuel for both petrol and diesel. So we either fill this or that. How do we know all these octane levels? Are there many more types of fuels?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks