Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2021, 23:56   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
for a 4-star GNCAP car (my source is reasonably reliable, not 100% though)
Did your source happen to mention whether this rating is expected under the current protocol or the July 2022-onwards Global NCAP protocol?

The 2022 protocol is now available for public viewing here and states that for achieving 5 stars, at least 30% of variants sold should be fitted with head protection (like curtain airbags) and hence tested for lateral pole impact and a ton of other requirements, but I think the Kushaq might be held back only because it may not meet the minimum 30% fitment rate for curtain airbags.

Apart from scores in the front and side impact tests, there is no difference in special requirements for 4 and 5 stars, except that for 4 stars the car only requires head protection optional on at least one variant while for 5 they must be fit to at least 30% of cars sold.
Old 26th September 2021, 18:19   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
1.0 Kushaq owners - are the rear door handle ambient lighting LED's working in your cars ? Is there any specific setting for them to operate ?

I didn't even know of their existence till I saw them on Dragonhawk's ownership report. But I can't figure out how to switch mine on.
Update : There is a setting for interior lights in the infotainment. You need to scroll it to near max to see any semblance of rear door handle lighting

Also , drove around 150 km post fuel pump replacement. No change in driving characteristic discernible.

Last edited by JishD : 26th September 2021 at 18:20. Reason: Fuel pump update
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 18:58   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post

Slightly OT , see the attached to understand why you should never opt for pick and drop service , if you can manage otherwise
What app is this data visible on?
Old 29th September 2021, 19:16   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
What app is this data visible on?
MySkodaConnect - it's quite nifty , but don't expect updates if your car is in basement parking.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 20:53   #1580
BHPian

Any updates on Monte Carlo variant? Taigun's fit and finish of interiors in GT variant is much better than that of Kushaq Style.

Given low monthly volumes of Kushaq and with launch of XUV and Astor, Skoda should quickly launch sporty Monte Carlo variant.
Old 30th September 2021, 21:49   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
While Kushaq looked not so small from the front, it does look puny from the sides.
I agree! The Kushaq from sides does not look like the so called SUV. It has more of a car (hatchback) like presence.

Seen it several times at various crossings but the feeling stays the same.
Old 30th September 2021, 22:28   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Skoda should quickly launch sporty Monte Carlo variant.
Let them first come up with a "Robust" edition which doesn't come standard with "EPC error" feature. Monte Carlos can wait
RD150 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:04   #1583
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Auto India reports a drop in September sales as compared to last month.

The company sells 3027 units as compared to the 3829 reported last month.

Is Skoda Kushaq on a downward sales trend already

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:14   #1584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Link
Bound to happen. Firstly the pricing ensuring it is perceived that it is not a VFM offering to the market. Then the issues plaguing the Kushaq.

It will take a herculean effort to get this back on track or even retain the peak numbers currently achieved.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:21   #1585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Isn't the Taigun manufactured at same plant ? Looks like preference given to the new launch
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:40   #1586
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Link
Ouch but I think this is expected. The Taigun, Astor and XUV700 are all eagerly awaited. Once these launch there will be a lull in new 20L SUV launches. Once the dust settles we will see the actual numbers.

Also after driving the Kushaq, I came back quite underwhelmed and disappointed. The interiors are more of 10L hatchback than a 20L european SUV.

It compares to the Ecosport and at some places better and some places even lesser.

Skoda have read the market wrong. India 2.0 should not have been cheapened out interiors with such glaring cost cutting.

Looking at MG, it's the chinese who have figured out what the mass market wants more than the Korean and European.

It's kind of ironic that Skoda is around in India for 20+ years and the whole point of India 2.0 plan was that they have understood what the Indian consumer wants and coming with a product that caters to them thanks to the learnings of 20 years. Whereas infact the whole point of India 2.0 was to do what Toyota did with the Etios is to give a cut cost heavily cheapened out car for India. The cars had reliability issues earlier and buyers always had that in back of their minds. India 2.0 should have addressed that. Instead we see more new Skoda's on flat beds than even before.

The chinese in 2 years come out with a car that checks almost all boxes, feature loaded, nice quality interiors, premium design, good drivetrain specs and no weird variant line up like no 6 airbags on top spec.

Someone at Skoda has completely missed the plot for India 2.0.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st October 2021 at 12:43.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 13:22   #1587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Most probably the dispatches of the car have been stopped due to the fuel pump issue. There is no way demand can fall down so drastically if they had a booking backlog to fulfil. Even if there are cancellations, there would be no reason to stop dealer dispatch since they would anyway have to maintain some stock of cars.
Old 1st October 2021, 13:43   #1588
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There is no way demand can fall down so drastically if they had a booking backlog to fulfil.
The numbers make me think that Skods is almost out of backlog already. Unfortunately!

As of the announcement on September 15th - bookings had crossed 10000 units. More importantly - the last 4000 units took 1.5 months to achieve, which means bookings have really slowed down, compared to their target sales of 3000 per month.

Dispatch figures till date show - 1822 + 2904 units for the Kushaq, with another ~2200 mostly this month. If bookings don't increase, the graphs will meet in another two months.

Taigun seems to have hit hard with 12221 bookings before launch itself. Astor and XUV 7OO will only make things worse. Hopefully things will improve once EPC issues are resolved.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 14:14   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The numbers make me think that Skods is almost out of backlog already. Unfortunately!

Dispatch figures till date show - 1822 + 2904 units for the Kushaq, with another ~2200 mostly this month. If bookings don't increase, the graphs will meet in another two months.
Yeah even if its the case it would not warrant a production or a dispatch cut so soon. It would only happen when dealers are choking with inventory. So the real impact would only be observed 2-3 months down the line when inventory increases and then the production plan would be changed. But things like this can make or break the product. If the negativity around the EPC problem continues, then we will have to bury VW's India 2.0 project along with probable implications for the management as well. In between all these things we have products like the XUV700 and the Astor offering a LOT more than the Kushaq at a similar price.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 19:39   #1590
VEA
BHPian

I got my Kushaq 1.5 DSG two days back. Have done around 450 kms and its a joy to drive. I find it the right size for me with no excess body fat to carry around. Its small, nimble and has great all round visibility. Together with the great engine/gearbox and good ride and handling, it feels like I am wearing the car, rather than driving one. Kushaq has a well packaged interior, you get more interior space on the smallest possible exterior. Its is small, and at best called a crossover. I don't think any vehicle without a 4wd system can be called an SUV.

Now the not so good bits. It doesn't feel like the Skodas from the past. Not like the ones I have used. Its basically a cheaply built car with its interiors a shame for any self respecting European. There is no doubt all the competitors are much superior in the interior department. There is a minor squeak from the A pillar. Nothing bothersome, but it is there on a brand new car.

One has to be brave to buy a Kushaq now considering the negativity surrounding it. I am no way a Skoda fan. Have owned and used Skoda cars from the initial years, and it was a mixed bag. Had used DSG boxes before and one had a mechatronics failure. But I felt I had no choice, everything else in the competition and price bracket is inferior in the fun to drive aspect. Troc is probably the only one that beats this in this budget. But the rear seat space concern made me cancel the booking, plus the dealer didn't have a test drive car. A test drive might have appealed to my heart and bypass the head. There is never a niggle free car in my opinion. Everything I have used had some issues or other, mostly minor. The cars that are loved and kept are the ones that are fun to drive. I would rather have fun driving rather than wanting to stop driving to have some fun elsewhere.
VEA is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks