Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2024, 19:16   #1066
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop View Post
I am zeroing on Alcazar Diesel Automatic 7STR Adventure Edition after considering Hector plus sharp pro and XUV700 AX5 simply because of best all round package it is providing.
I hear facelift of Alcazar is just round the corner. Can you suggest if it is worth waiting for facelift or buy the existing model as I am getting discounts upto 1L? The new model might be pricier than the current ones. Does the cost difference of nearly 2L justify the facelift as the current ones are completely loaded with features?
My friend is also asking around in Hyderabad and the dealers are offering 90k discount. This is 45k by Hyundai and 45k by the dealer.

Is this what you are also offered?
Old 18th June 2024, 19:54   #1067

You could bargain harder. 45k is by Hyundai and additional 20k if you are exchanging the old vehicle. Dealer can give more than 50k as discounts. Bargain Bargain
Old 18th June 2024, 22:22   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop View Post
You could bargain harder. 45k is by Hyundai and additional 20k if you are exchanging the old vehicle. Dealer can give more than 50k as discounts. Bargain Bargain
Also negotiate on insurance as dealers quotes are highly inflated. You can easily save extra 20-30k by going for outside insurance or make dealer match the quote.
Old 17th July 2024, 07:18   #1069

Hyundai Alcazar 2024 Signature Adventure Edition 1.5L GDi

Hi,

I have a Hyundai Alcazar 2024 model Signature Adventure edition 1.5L GDi.
I have a few questions and wondering if team Bhp members can help me find answers for these:
  1. Alcazar has ECO, SPORTS and NORMAL mode. When to use which mode? (Upon every restart of the Engine, the mode defaults to NORMAL. Is this a bug or the way it was designed to behave?)
  2. Each time, I have to set the Turn indicator LED to 5 or 7 as the setting is not saved and the turn indicator blinking pattern defaults to 3. This is annoying as each time, I have to set this if my vehicle if kept off for 1 hr or more.
  3. I got my first service done and they said theire is Engine ECU update. Where can we read the ECU update changeLog to know what improvements or bugs have been added in an Engine ECU update?
  4. In an attempt to increase fuel efficiency, should I keep my climate control ON or OFF since I heard AC does not get turned off but hot air gets mixed. Does it then make it better to simply turn off AC and turning it ON to save on fuel?
Old 17th July 2024, 07:23   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibhudutta.pani View Post
Thanks - I have using 2.0 Petrol Auto for close to 2 years now but I am not sure I use the Parking button correctly. Would you use it each time that you park it long-time i.e. upon reaching the destination.
Sorry I did not quite get how do you turn ISG ON or OFF; which lever/button are you referring to?
In Alcazar, near the Start/Stop button you would find a few more buttons where you can find the ISG button. Turning it OFF will light up an orange LED and the same would show up in your Dash display.

I have a DCT drive system. When I park my car in 'P' mode I ensure to apply the handbrake (be it automatic or manual). I don't use auto-hold in city traffic much as I feel the ISG does not function effectively with auto-hold ON. Also the auto-hold brings in a small lag when you are in a start-stop traffic. Auto-Hold works extremely well when you are climbing inclines.
Old 17th July 2024, 08:34   #1071

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS77 View Post
In Alcazar, near the Start/Stop button you would find a few more buttons where you can find the ISG button. Turning it OFF will light up an orange LED and the same would show up in your Dash display.

I have a DCT drive system. When I park my car in 'P' mode I ensure to apply the handbrake (be it automatic or manual). I don't use auto-hold in city traffic much as I feel the ISG does not function effectively with auto-hold ON. Also the auto-hold brings in a small lag when you are in a start-stop traffic. Auto-Hold works extremely well when you are climbing inclines.
Here is the ISG button I am referring.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-isg.jpg
Old 17th July 2024, 11:41   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar 2024 Signature Adventure Edition 1.5L GDi

Quote:
Each time, I have to set the Turn indicator LED to 5 or 7 as the setting is not saved and the turn indicator blinking pattern defaults to 3. This is annoying as each time, I have to set this if my vehicle if kept off for 1 hr or more.
I did this too and keeps on reset back to 3. I've given up and learnt to live with it.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 11:23   #1073
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar 2024 Signature Adventure Edition 1.5L GDi

Quote:
Hi,

I have a Hyundai Alcazar 2024 model Signature Adventure edition 1.5L GDi.
I have a few questions and wondering if team Bhp members can help me find answers for these:
  1. Alcazar has ECO, SPORTS and NORMAL mode. When to use which mode? (Upon every restart of the Engine, the mode defaults to NORMAL. Is this a bug or the way it was designed to behave?)

I have a 2022 Diesel Automatic and the modes are called as Eco, Comfort & Sports. As the names suggest, Eco mode is tuned such that it targets to provide more fuel efficiency and Sport mode provides more power though impacting the FE.
There is no specific setup/situation which to use when, rather depends on the driver's judgement like climbing uphill with 7 adults or cruising on highway at consistent speed.
Personally, I stick to Comfort mode - provides a good mix of power and FE for regular city commutes and have hardly used Power mode - it revs up the engine and higher gear shifts are delayed to get more power.
My personal observation with Eco mode has not been very exciting and thus I stick to Comfort mode on highways as well.
trave11er is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks