Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2024, 13:09   #1036

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
Around 9-10 kmpl in typical moving Bangalore traffic with average speed of 10-15 kmph. When really stuck in a jam, it is 3-5 kmpl with AC on. On highways, I average 20 kmpl at 100 kmph. If I maintain a boring 80 kmph speed, I see 25 kmpl on the screen.
Thank you. I see almost the same figures. I was wondering if the tyre pressure or the purity of the fuel at some gas stations leads to very low figures at times.
Old 5th April 2024, 10:04   #1037

Hii all,
I have Signature D(AT) 7S from January 2023, just completed 22000.
Loud crackling noise from Front Central speaker during phone calls is gone after 20k servicing(they refused to tell how they fixed it).
My ownership experience is very nice except for very minute niggles like one mentioned above and the notorious center console creaking sound. [FL Tyre burst @17k due to sidewall cut courtesy my carelessness, replaced with JK UX Royale from Amazon manufactured less than 6 months before (₹4400/- only)]
Car feels very luxurious from inside, Other manufacturers at similar price point provide way less features.
Mileage varies from 13.5 kmpl to 16.5kmpl when tested tank-to-tank depending on City or Highway usage which is in line with the discussion here.
Sagar2309 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 23:17   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
All numbers are tank-to-tank (auto-cutoff).
Off-Topic:
Don't know about Hyundai Petrol Variants but Hyundai Diesel Variants take Additional @10litres after Auto-Cutoff. I have seen this in i20 Diesel (Feb 2012), Elite i20 Diesel (Mar 2015), Alcazar Diesel (Aug 2021).
IndigoXLGrandDi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 11:43   #1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
I am looking to get the same done(except the Hyundai logo) in Pune.

And also dechrome the alloys(except the Hyundai Logo on the wheel hub) as well as rear name plate.

But just worried about the quality of work. May go with Brotomotiv for this.
Have to approach them about this work.
In the same boat as you! So there are a couple of people in Pune who can do this and more.. I reached out to 2 of them (Aquatint in Balewadi, next to Jupiter hospital and Piston Wolved in Tathwade).

Aquatint is more on the expensive side (especially if you want your alloys painted) but I have heard only good things about them. Piston Wolves are more economical but I cannot say for sure how their quailty of work will be. Maybe you can visit both the places and speak with them.

I am thinking of doing only the de-chroming bit for the time being and will get the alloys painted through a friend of mine.

Do update here if you go ahead with the de-chroming and alloy painting!
Old 10th April 2024, 08:32   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Hyundai Diesel Variants take Additional @10litres after Auto-Cutoff.
Ashis (a Seltos diesel owner) had mentioned this here (The unexpected purchase - My 2022 Hyundai Alcazar) in my ownership review.

I had used this once when I drove from Medchal to Shirdi via Wardha-Samruddhi and back to Waluj BPCL COCO, which is roughly about 1000 km.
Old 10th April 2024, 13:57   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Ashis (a Seltos diesel owner) had mentioned this here (The unexpected purchase - My 2022 Hyundai Alcazar) in my ownership review.

I had used this once when I drove from Medchal to Shirdi via Wardha-Samruddhi and back to Waluj BPCL COCO, which is roughly about 1000 km.
Every car's tank has a breathing space of 10-15% based on the area for packaging the tank in the car. But it is never a good idea to stress the breathing valves(also known as roll over valves) of the tank. Constant overloading of the valves will lead to its failure and the auto cut off might cease to work. Also when the car topples over, fuel will leak from these faulty valves.
callmeneo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 11:36   #1042
BHPian

Screen guard/protector : Did anyone install a screen guard for the 10.25 inch screen and gauge console. Please let me know if it’s available on any online platforms and feedback from your use. Thanks in advance!
Old 14th April 2024, 22:41   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
Alcazar Diesel Manual 1 lac Km up in 21 months short report

And so it completes the figure in 21 months, overall it took less time than our Creta all thanks to excellent Road Network getting built in UP and it being the de facto choice for any trip and place within 500 km.

Pros :
1. Loaded to the bits. Pity the top end does not comes in Auto so missed out on 2 or 3 features but still the vehicle is loaded with stuff to make you feel satisfied.
2. Excellent NVH properties for a Diesel, Roll down the window and then you realize how good the car is insulated from outside noise.
3. Excellent mile cruncher, 500 km with just a small stop is breeze and is not tiring. The car can go all day long at 90 - 100, that being the max speed the whole family generally drives at.
4. Superb mileage. We have averaged 19+ kmpl with the figure going up to 21+ sometimes. None of the tank fills are without a highway run so can't really comment on city mileage. (more than 80% fuel ups have been from the same IOCL pump)
5. Decent Handling, for the extra space it offers, it still does not feel like a boat and actually rides well for its size. Special mention to the turning radius, it is surprisingly good for its size
6. Physical controls. I have a liking towards old school physical buttons and Alcazar has the right blend of touch and physical which makes it possible to keep your eyes on the road as compared to full touch where sometimes you invariably lose attention. The Knurled volume knob is actually better in finish than a lot of cars priced double than this.
7. Auto hold parking brake, never realized how useful such a small feature can be once you start using it.

Out of curiosity, I assumed 25 days of driving a month and it works out to a daily usage of 190 kms / day.

What kind of usage do you actually hit? 1l in 21 months is a very very high running
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 10:21   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Screen guard/protector : Did anyone install a screen guard for the 10.25 inch screen and gauge console. Please let me know if it’s available on any online platforms and feedback from your use. Thanks in advance!
I bought the below one from Amazon and it has served me good until now.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 21:03   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Screen guard for the 10.25 inch screen:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screen guard for the instrument cluster panel:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Both are serving well so far, bought 1.5 years back and did not need to replace/change them.
rvlkiran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 23:52   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar2309 View Post
Hii all,
I have Signature D(AT) 7S from January 2023, just completed 22000.
Loud crackling noise from Front Central speaker during phone calls is gone after 20k servicing(they refused to tell how they fixed it).
My ownership experience is very nice except for very minute niggles like one mentioned above and the notorious center console creaking sound.
I've completed 20K in this JUL-2022 Alcazar Signature Petrol 7-Str. Center console creaks are common in Alcazar and they are very irritating for someone who likes silence in the car. I've used Silicone Lubricant Spray in minimal quantity applied only in the joints. The creaking sounds have come down by 50%.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-psx_20230108_134806.jpg  

junkishya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 22:16   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when would the FL Alcazar be released?
Old 7th May 2024, 17:28   #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkashyap View Post
Petrol manual in Bangalore city has given me 10-12, Highway 12-16 based on the speed keep it between 80-100 and the mileage touches 16 easily.

Hills haven't tried yet.
Are these figures with 2.0 L Petrol?
Old 7th May 2024, 18:05   #1049

After months and months of looking for a car in the sedan segment and with not finding a decent one, my mind was wavering towards SUVs but my heart was still set on SEDAN for its dickey space, aerodynamics and an executive feel a SEDAN gives than a SUV or an off-roader!

I just finalized on Alcazar Signature Adventure (O) edition when exploring between KIA SELTOS GTX and New CRETA FACE-LIFT. My immediate shift in my decision to go with ALCazar was first the unique RANGER-KHAKHI colour with black top (DT) but yes, it wasn't just the colour!

ALCAZAR was between a SEDAN AND SUV - call it MUV (multi-utility vehicle) since it has a flexible dickey with 3rd row seat flushing completely to allow me a sedan like dickey space and yet a good spacious feel of SUV. I wasn't looking for a big SUV (I had XUV700 Ax7L in my mind).

Will share more on it later. Just took delivery on 13th Apr and mainly have been using it for office to home trips. Planning a PUNE drive shortly. Will provide more feedback soon on after this trip.
Old 8th May 2024, 10:11   #1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS77 View Post
After months and months of looking for a car in the sedan segment and with not finding a decent one, my mind was wavering towards SUVs but my heart was still set on SEDAN for its dickey space, aerodynamics and an executive feel a SEDAN gives than a SUV or an off-roader!

I just finalized on Alcazar Signature Adventure (O) edition when exploring between KIA SELTOS GTX and New CRETA FACE-LIFT. My immediate shift in my decision to go with ALCazar was first the unique RANGER-KHAKHI colour with black top (DT) but yes, it wasn't just the colour!

ALCAZAR was between a SEDAN AND SUV - call it MUV (multi-utility vehicle) since it has a flexible dickey with 3rd row seat flushing completely to allow me a sedan like dickey space and yet a good spacious feel of SUV. I wasn't looking for a big SUV (I had XUV700 Ax7L in my mind).

Will share more on it later. Just took delivery on 13th Apr and mainly have been using it for office to home trips. Planning a PUNE drive shortly. Will provide more feedback soon on after this trip.
Sharing a picture as stated earlier
Hyundai Alcazar Review-alcazar.jpg

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th May 2024 at 10:38.
RS77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks