Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2024, 14:00   #991
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoic Surgeon View Post
Thanks for the nice review. This reinforces my decision of buying the Alcazar Signature (O) Adventure 1.5 DCT. Some queries

1) Did you get any paint protection?
2) What aftermarket accessories other than Dashcam did you purchase?

Happy driving !!!
Hi,
No paint protection applied apart from regular wax. But it is not helping much. 3M has quoted 28K for ceramic coating and 42K for PPF that will cover bonnet and bumpers. Please suggest if any better and cost-effective solutions are available.
No aftermarket accessories yet. 3D mats (official accessory) were provided by dealer for free. Installed Door edge guards and door side moulding at the time of delivery itself. Frankly, never felt the need to add anything to this car.
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 14:56   #992

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa View Post
Frankly, never felt the need to add anything to this car.
As of now
1) Just gave the vehicle for Ceramic Coating at “The Detailing Mafia”.
2) Planning for customised 7D mats with boot mats
3) Steering Cover

Adventure edition already has a dashcam installed.

As you said. Don’t feel anything more is required.
Stoic Surgeon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 19:57   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa View Post
I will keep this review short and crisp.

Hope this review was useful for you. Thanks for reading!
Congratulations! Excellent choice! I don't see many of these on the road in Kerala. I guess most opt for the younger sister Carens. Most of the models launched in the last couple of years are lacking in headlight output. In my Grand Vitara, I had to change to a street-legal LED headlight from Osram to fix that. Wish you happy miles ahead.
Gedaliah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 08:39   #994
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car ! The Alcazar is a very reasonable choice, and as you described, is a much more practical choice than some of our top sellers. Diesel is the way yo go in Alcazar, as the Turbo petrol may not be frugal on short distances. And it fits in right in between entry SUV segment and the full DUV segment, thereby providing benefits of both. And there is hardly any true competitor of the car in the new segment it creates.

I do have one question to ask though - what is the comfort level in the second row when he third row is also occupied ( let's say with kids). Can 3 people sit comfortably?
Motorhead007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 09:11   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedaliah View Post
Congratulations! Excellent choice! I don't see many of these on the road in Kerala. I guess most opt for the younger sister Carens. Most of the models launched in the last couple of years are lacking in headlight output. In my Grand Vitara, I had to change to a street-legal LED headlight from Osram to fix that. Wish you happy miles ahead.
Hey Does you Vitara also have a sealed LED Headlight unit like Alcazar?

Also what was the cost and modifications you had to do to install it?
Old 15th January 2024, 15:37   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hey Does you Vitara also have a sealed LED Headlight unit like Alcazar?

Also what was the cost and modifications you had to do to install it?
My upgrade was the replacement of Halogen bulbs with LED bulbs from Osram. Mine is a lower variant of Grand Vitara which features a Halogen projector setup. The higher variants do come with sealed LED projectors.
I saw a video in youtube where a company called Genome performance offers upgrade of sealed LED headlamps. You could check that out:

My understanding is that the price is around 25-30 K INR.
Old 15th January 2024, 18:49   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead007 View Post
I do have one question to ask though - what is the comfort level in the second row when he third row is also occupied ( let's say with kids). Can 3 people sit comfortably?
Kids in third row does not really impact ride quality/ comfort. When third row is occupied by adults, car becomes bouncy at high speeds.

3 mid size adults can easily occupy 2nd row.
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 02:21   #998
BHPian

Has anyone got their Alcazar 1.5D remapped?
I did post about it a few months back too but now the bug has bit me and I m really inclined towards getting it done myself.

Current power figures : 115bhp/250nm
Claimed tuned power figures : 145bhp/320nm

The power gains seems to be great and would definitely make up for the lack of power the diesel engine has.

If anyone has got it done, please share their review.
Old 16th January 2024, 11:14   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Has anyone got their Alcazar 1.5D remapped?
I did post about it a few months back too but now the bug has bit me and I m really inclined towards getting it done myself.

Current power figures : 115bhp/250nm
Claimed tuned power figures : 145bhp/320nm

The power gains seems to be great and would definitely make up for the lack of power the diesel engine has.

If anyone has got it done, please share their review.
I wanted to get this done as well but was waiting for someone to bell the cat before i jump in.

I did see a video on youtube about the same though. Will look for the link.
Old 16th January 2024, 18:22   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
I did see a video on Youtube about the same though. Will look for the link.
Haha I did too. The performance looked great. It just went bonkers on full throttle.

I intend to contact that person this week bug I was thinking of going with GT Tuners from Delhi only mainly because of their reliability quotient and I don’t want to face an issue later on like many people did.
Old 17th January 2024, 08:15   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Haha I did too. The performance looked great. It just went bonkers on full throttle.

I intend to contact that person this week bug I was thinking of going with GT Tuners from Delhi only mainly because of their reliability quotient and I don’t want to face an issue later on like many people did.
Dieseltronic too have a good name in remapping.

https://dieseltronic.in/products/die...single-channel
Old 19th January 2024, 12:22   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look4aditya View Post
One-Touch Indicator resets in Hyundai Alcazar Signature(O) DCT

I have recently upgraded from the Hyundai Creta SX(O) IVT (2020 Petrol) to the Hyundai Alcazar Signature(O) DCT (Petrol). I have observed this strange issue with the software system that the Hyundai service center couldn't understand to resolve. Their backend support also claimed that nobody reported this issue.

Problem Area:
One-Touch indicator Flash (Settings -> Vehicle -> Lights -> One-touch indicator)
There are 3 options here - 7 flashes, 5 flashes, and 3 flashes.

I want it fixed at 7 flashes, but it resets to 3 automatically. It always happens after a cooling period of 3-4 hours, not during short breaks of engine off/on. Every morning I have to set this option to 7 flashes and again in the evening while returning from the office.

I have used the same option in Creta (2020) and never faced this problem because it never used to reset. But with the same AV system, the Alcazar has this problem.

The Hyundai service center engineer asked me to keep the car at their service center for at least 24 hours to check this problem. They will observe the witness the issue themselves and then do some troubleshooting by switching some fuses or other things. I am not sure about this kind of blind troubleshooting because they do not sound convincing to solve the problem for me.

All Alcazar owners - Please let me know if you have observed the above issue.
Please check VCI forums, or any other diagnostic tool forum to look for a fix. Often times even if a software setting fix is available the dealers decline to do it fearing damages or just following brand directive.

If no solution on such forums then it's unlikely that the issue can be solved.
Old 19th January 2024, 19:27   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Dieseltronic too have a good name in remapping.

https://dieseltronic.in/products/die...single-channel
Yes, I have heard about it.
This in-fact seems like a better decision and is just a plug and play and can be removed while handing over the car for servicing, do correct me if I am wrong.

Plus it offers 3 additional modes.

I have a doubt, will the diesel tronic box for Alcazar be usable in Creta/Seltos/Verna/Venue basically the cars having similar diesel engine?

As Hyundai/Kia tends to provide similar state of tune in all these cars.
Old 19th January 2024, 19:33   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look4aditya View Post
One-Touch Indicator resets in Hyundai Alcazar Signature(O) DCT
We purchased the car in July 2021 and mine was among the first batch vehicles and I can confirm that this issue has been present since day one. I have communicated with Hyundai ASS but they are clueless and have only one answer for all the problems and that’s no other than “RESET”.

Along with this my infotainment goes through a lot of lag at certain times and it just freezes like I m not able to adjust the volume or the volume bar doesn’t appear on the display. And also camera freezes at times and starts operating itself while driving.
I have mostly observed this behaviour when I am using Apple Carplay which is 90% of the times and my phone is a little hot/warm, maybe that has something to do with this.

If anyone has found any solution, do share.
Old 20th January 2024, 23:31   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_aficianado View Post
Thank you for the response and the wishes. Unfortunately this particular location does not spare any car!

My last 2 vehicles (Hyundai Getz and Honda City) by the 4th year developed rusting all over the chassis as well as key areas and joints including the door frame, engine area, silencer etc. This could well be combination of improper washing (daily but with standard water) along with area induced rusting.

Hence trying to preempt the situation by considering the Dinitrol treatment but concerned with the after-effect of refitting the door panels.
Update - I did get get the Dinitrol treatment + sound dampening done for the vehicle. Very professional and tidy work from Tufkote. Ryan was very knowledgeable and we spent quite a bit of a time discussing various aspects of anti rust treatment and the current market scenario in this specific industry.
Looks to be a job well done and overall very happy with the service. Will keep an eye out of anything out of the ordinary but will definitely recommend Ryan and Dinitrol for anti rust treatment.
On a related note, I also possibly identified one of the reasons for the extreme quietness within the car out of the factory - each door contains an insulated layer of sound proofing by default. This layer has a cloth feel with multiple layers and is approximately 3 - 5 mm in thickness. Pics attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-alcazar_door_panel.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks