Old 18th December 2023, 16:20   #961
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
On the highway 20+kmpl is easy to get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Blame it on the abusive Bangalore traffic gentlemen On my off peak suburban traffic, I get 17-19 tank-to-tank.
These are quite good figures. I too have a Diesel automatic signature, but couldn't reach anywhere closer to these numbers - also my driving style is not so bad in general, as I've been getting good mileage on my earlier cars.
The highest I got was 18 kmpl (tank-to-tank full) before the 2nd service.
After 2nd service and many highway drives, I could only achieve 13.x max.
Not sure, if this drop could be directly linked to the service as such, but that's quite a lower number.
Old 18th December 2023, 23:13   #962

Hi - ended up spending a few hours in the highway in the Alcazar and I must say, the headlights suck big time! This has been mentioned before but point was driven home when I hit the highway A most other times it was in the city and manageable. Has anyone got any good alternatives/after market solutions? Am based in BLR
venksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 14:01   #963

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksv View Post
Hi - ended up spending a few hours in the highway in the Alcazar and I must say, the headlights suck big time! This has been mentioned before but point was driven home when I hit the highway A most other times it was in the city and manageable. Has anyone got any good alternatives/after market solutions? Am based in BLR
No relation/link between me and these folks and I have not used their services but seems that they have some custom solutions for the current gen Creta which should also apply to the current gen Alcazar. Do have a look.

Name: THE AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING EXPERTS
Google Maps: https://g.co/kgs/j2DEoD
Daks0606 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 17:31   #964
BHPian

Bought Viofo A229 plus for the Dark Knight.

MRP - Rs.24999
Paid - Rs.23999

512Gb Sandisk extreme - Rs.4150

Installed at : Car ax , Baner , Pune.
Installation Charges - Rs.800

Bought it directly from the Viofo website. Got 1k discount when I transferred the money directly to their account through UPI instead of using the payment gateways.

Downloaded the app on mobile and connected to the camera. The Wifi on the camera is off by default but can be switched on with voice command which works well. Also file transfer on 5GHz channel is quick.

The build quality looks and feels solid.

Had some issues in the initial phase where in the camera was glitching and was not responding to the buttons and was asked to remove the memory card and try which worked.

The customer support on WhatsApp is good and prompt.

The first videos at night aren't too clear considering both the front and back cameras have HDR. Do not know if my expectation was more or these units are faulty. I will use them for some more time before reporting to Viofo customer care. I will try to upload the videos soon.

I wish this had a 60fps recording mode too which will help in smoother images/videos.

Attached below : unboxing pictures.

Also initial Videos

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20231219-16.58.28.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20231219-16.58.27-2.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20231219-16.58.27-1.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20231219-16.58.27.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20231219-16.58.26-1.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20231219-16.58.26.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-88789a69a17e43ed94dbad64c3af2b21.jpeg

Last edited by callmeneo : 19th December 2023 at 17:40.
callmeneo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 00:21   #965

Hello Friends,

I am new to the forum. I have booked a Hyundai Alacazar Signature (O) Petrol DCT Adventure Edition Ranger Khakhi Colour.

Firstly I would like all the members of this Forum and this thread in particular for helping me to finalise this vehicle and variant.

I would like to know the opinion of the house
is PPF worth it?
PPF for Sun Roof? Is it even such a thing?
How about Ceramic Coating?
UV Film for heat protection?
this variant come with dashcam, 3D floor mats. What basic accessories should i plan?
Rain Visors?
Any others?

Thanks in Advance
Old 20th December 2023, 22:11   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
I too have a Diesel automatic signature
Mine is a diesel manual The engine-transmission sweet spot is in mid-range speeds. I've seen the Drive Info FE move up when I drive mid-40s in 4th gear or mid-60s in 6th gear in the morning hours. But falls when I drive 80-120.

Getting 20+ tank-to-tank is a stretch and is too much effort. I get once a blue moon when driving short hauls (max 300 km/day sort of relaxed driving day).
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 13:43   #967

Hello Surgeon,

I purchased 3 Hyundai cars in since 2017 - Next Gen Verna, New Creta 2020, and now the Alcazar Signature (O) Petrol DCT. Here are my 2 cents about your queries.

1. All kinds of coating - PPF, Ceramic, Teflon, and whatever are scams. These are ways to loot exorbitant money from ignorant customers whereas none of them give a warranty of more than 1-2 years. Most modern cars come with extremely good-quality paint. With some personal care, washing, and good-quality wax polish, you can easily maintain your car's paint quality for a minimum of 5 years. Then after 5-6 years if you feel the need get it re-painted from the authorized service center and get the same feel-like-new car at a lesser cost than an average Ceramic coasting price for the Alcazar. Isn't this a better, wise, and economical way? Just ensure not to allow your society car cleaner to use his spoiled cloth to dry wipe your car daily. He will surely bring minor scratches to the paint. It is always better to clean and maintain your darling car yourself.

2. UV film on the glass for heat protection is good. Just ensure that the film is not dark because films are illegal in India. I had applied UV heat protection film on my Creta, but the main problem was the front windshield. If not applied by an expert it tends to peel out of the corners. Nevertheless, it brings an effective change in the cabin and the AC feels more effective and chill.

3. Upgrade your floor mats to 7D if possible. Install rain visors and chrome garnish on window lines.

Check this known issue when taking delivery of your car: One Touch Indicator resets after 3-4 hours of rest.
Go to Settings -> Vehicle -> Lights -> One Touch Indicator. Set this option to 5 or 7 flashes and go back to home. Drive the car and just stop the engine. Come back after a couple of hours and check the same option again. Does it reset to '3'? If yes, then log a complaint with Hyundai immediately. They are not acknowledging it, whereas it is a known issue and reported by hundreds of Alcazar owners on social media.

Also, the drive mode resets to "Comfort" soon after the engine is restarted.

Good luck with your new drive.
Look4aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 18:48   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look4aditya View Post
Hello Surgeon,

Check this known issue when taking delivery of your car: One Touch Indicator resets after 3-4 hours of rest.
Go to Settings -> Vehicle -> Lights -> One Touch Indicator. Set this option to 5 or 7 flashes and go back to home. Drive the car and just stop the engine. Come back after a couple of hours and check the same option again. Does it reset to '3'? If yes, then log a complaint with Hyundai immediately. They are not acknowledging it, whereas it is a known issue and reported by hundreds of Alcazar owners on social media.

Also, the drive mode resets to "Comfort" soon after the engine is restarted.

I had observed the same issue of one touch indicator and drive setting being reset . The people at the service center told me "that's how it is" .
Old 22nd December 2023, 23:53   #969

Quote:
Hello Surgeon,

All kinds of coating - PPF, Ceramic, Teflon, and whatever are scams. These are ways to loot exorbitant money from ignorant customers whereas none of them give a warranty of more than 1-2 years.

2. UV film on the glass for heat protection is good. Just ensure that the film is not dark because films are illegal in India.

3. Upgrade your floor mats to 7D if possible. Install rain visors and chrome garnish on window lines.

Many thanks for this post.

Is it the general thought of the forum that PPF and other treatments are waste?

Regarding UV films, is there any particular company and model of the film that has been found effective? What about 3M company UV films?

Shall surely ask regarding the upgrade of 7D mats. Are they generally available at the Hyundai Showroom itself or should I purchase from some other car detailing shops?

Thanks for pointing out about the glitch in Hyundai Touch Indicator. Will surely check and raise a complaint.

Thanks again.
Old 26th December 2023, 10:54   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Mine is a diesel manual The engine-transmission sweet spot is in mid-range speeds. I've seen the Drive Info FE move up when I drive mid-40s in 4th gear or mid-60s in 6th gear in the morning hours. But falls when I drive 80-120.

Getting 20+ tank-to-tank is a stretch and is too much effort. I get once a blue moon when driving short hauls (max 300 km/day sort of relaxed driving day).
Ah that's the difference . However, 4-5 KM difference between manual & automatic is still on higher side.
Regarding getting more FE, yes it's a skill and manual transmission provides better control here.
However I'm still puzzled about reduction in the FE after the 2nd service of the car
Old 29th December 2023, 19:28   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleDrive View Post
I had an Ertiga ZDI previously.
Heh, I presume you bought the Alacazar Diesel. Although bought cars are in different price segments, can you compare both cars on the following parameters' based on your experience

1. Engine drivability in city in and outside the turbo
2. Ease of maneuvering in tight corners
3. Coming from a true Indian - Kitna deti hai vs the Ertiga?
4. Although just a year old, an estimated / perceived maintenance cost over the Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varanasi_Vijay View Post
Dear Fellow BHPians,

Excited to join this forum and thanks for all your insights! I bid farewell to my Vitara Brezza ZDI+ Dual Tone (2016 Model) in this month and am waiting for my Hyundai Alcazar Signature 7 Seater Diesel Automatic delivery, potentially in January 2023.
Similar feedback from you will also help me my purchase decision

Cheers
Old 29th December 2023, 19:48   #972

Quote:
One-Touch Indicator resets in Hyundai Alcazar Signature(O) DCT

All Alcazar owners - Please let me know if you have observed the above issue.
I tried multiple times too but every time it will reset. I asked the service center. They replied that it might get sorted with the updates. I have received 3 OTA updates so far but this particular problem is still present.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th December 2023 at 20:34. Reason: Trimming quoted text and some clean up edits.
Old 31st December 2023, 12:52   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Heh, I presume you bought the Alacazar Diesel. Although bought cars are in different price segments, can you compare both cars on the following parameters' based on your experience

1. Engine drivability in city in and outside the turbo
2. Ease of maneuvering in tight corners
3. Coming from a true Indian - Kitna deti hai vs the Ertiga?
4. Although just a year old, an estimated / perceived maintenance cost over the Ertiga

Similar feedback from you will also help me my purchase decision

Cheers
Yes, I bought the diesel.

1. Ertiga is a 1.3ltr engine and this is a 1.5lr engine, so that difference helps with drivability in city. That said the 1.3ltr engine was a little more eager than this 1.5ltr engine i feel. I am a sedate driver most of the time hence I have never had an issue of lack of power in the city at all even with a full load. That said, if you keep within the correct RPM band this 1.5ltr engine is fun to drive!

2. Alcazar is definitely a larger car compared to Ertiga although it doesn't look the look. But maneuverability has never been a problem. Especially with the help of 360 degree camera, tight spaces are a breeze.
Note: we have to trust our manual judgment always. The cameras are an additional help to one's manual skills and judgement.

3. My car is driven by my dad or myself only. On the highway we get 17.8 to 18.3 kmpl (tank full to tank full) and in city about 13kmpl. Ertiga used to give almost 18 to 19 on the highway.
Note: we drive 90 to 100kmph on the highway.

4. It's almost 2 years since I got the car. The maintenance is more or else similar to Ertiga. It comes to on an average about Rs0.8 to Rs1 per KM.

Driving Alacazar is much more pleasurable than Ertiga. But the seats on the Ertiga are much better and more supportive on the long drives.

I hope the above is helpful. Do let the forum know on what you decide. Thanks.
CastleDrive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 00:00   #974

Hello friends,

Got the delivery of Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) Adventure Edition DCT today. The whole transaction went smoothly.

I had some questions for which I could not get a concrete answer till now

1) PPF or Ceramic Coating or Wax
2) 7 D Mats or any other
3) Complete Floor Mat - Is it advisable
4) Got the Car with JK tyres. Is upgrade to Apollo Apterra advised?

Thanks!!!
Old 1st January 2024, 06:06   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoic Surgeon View Post
Hello friends,

Got the delivery of Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) Adventure Edition DCT today. The whole transaction went smoothly.

I had some questions for which I could not get a concrete answer till now

1) PPF or Ceramic Coating or Wax
2) 7 D Mats or any other
3) Complete Floor Mat - Is it advisable
4) Got the Car with JK tyres. Is upgrade to Apollo Apterra advised?

Thanks!!!
Hi, I am assuming they are JK UX Royale tyres. As a former Creta 1.5D owner, my experience with the JK tyres has been great. They are quite decent in terms of noise levels, fairly puncture resistant as well. I think it may not be necessary to upgrade unless you fancy foreign brands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks