Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2023, 12:49   #931
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Is there a change in Hyundai's Blue Link app features? Has anyone checked or noticed? I can no longer see the "My Trips" details anymore, which was a very useful feature. Does anyone else have the same experience?
Yes. Noticed this about 10 days back. My guess is - it costed quiet a bit of storage space and they removed it. Was a very useful feature.
Old 6th November 2023, 12:52   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Yes. Noticed this about 10 days back. My guess is - it costed quiet a bit of storage space and they removed it. Was a very useful feature.
I am surprised that did that so quietly. Besides, almost all cars has that feature now. Wondering if it is the case just for Alcazar or has it been deleted for all Hyundai cars?
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 12:57   #933
BHPian

Think I found it - Go to "Status" then "Vehicle Management" and click on "Vehicle Report"
Ays7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 11:42   #934

Hi friends,

Does anyone know the maximum capacity of the diesel tank in Alcazar? I filled recently and the cut-off happened at 52.5 litres. Did I almost empty the tank or is the bunk looting?
Old 7th November 2023, 13:21   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar12 View Post
Does anyone know the maximum capacity of the diesel tank in Alcazar? I filled recently and the cut-off happened at 52.5 litres. Did I almost empty the tank or is the bunk looting?
I have also filled around 51-52 litres where the DTE is less than 25-50 kms in our Alcazar Diesel (bought Aug 2021).
My father uses the car and I have told him not to wait till the Diesel Level fall near Reserve.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 00:24   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

Does anyone know the maximum capacity of the diesel tank in Alcazar? I filled recently and the cut-off happened at 52.5 liters. Did I almost empty the tank or is the bunk looting?
As per the owners manual the fuel tank capacity is 50 liters. But in reality it's 60 liters.

Last edited by ampere : 14th November 2023 at 09:25.
GSMINC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 10:24   #937

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
but in reality it's 60 litres
Yeah seems like it. I had driven almost 100km on the highway in search of a gas station after it hit nill on the refill reading (---)
shankar12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 11:47   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah seems like it. I had driven almost 100km on the highway in search of a gas station after it hit nill on the refill reading (---)

The max I filled was right after car delivery. The sales folks topped up the diesel by 5litres at the showroom floor right before delivery. I drove about 5 kms to the diesel pump and filled 49.5litres. So I think 52litres is possible, if the tank was close to bone dry.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 14:08   #939
BHPian

Any tank can of course be overfilled as 20% of the tank volume apart from the advertised capacity is generally left for breathing/expansion, contraction during hot conditions.

I would advise from overfilling the tank lest you damage the breathing valves in the tank . These valves also help in auto cutoff.

Constant overfilling will damage the spring in these valves and make them defunct.

Last edited by callmeneo : 9th November 2023 at 14:09.
callmeneo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 20:35   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
I will bet that it is wheel balancing gone wrong. Vibrations felt at the pedals + steering at very specific speeds very often point towards poor wheel balancing.

The folks at ASCs are absolute idiots when it comes to balancing and alignment. I even suspect that they are incentivised to sell more wheel weights than required
I too observe the vibrations from left front wheel and on steering while driving above 80 KMPH and interestingly, yes after 2nd service that includes wheel alignment & balancing.
I visited the workshop and they mentioned they don't observe the vibrations, may be the road conditions were not favorable to recreate the issue it seems. I too doubt wheel alignment & balancing issue and thinking of getting it done if I still face the issue. Kind of waste of money, esp. as the workshop charged around 1.6-1.8 K for same.
trave11er is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 10:21   #941
BHPian

It is 2+ years with Alcazar (Automatic, Diesel) and very little to complain about. Been a good ownership experience. I have been driving lot less for past few months as my job changed to fully remote. Entire last week the vehicle was in parking only. When I went back, found the battery to be completely drained. It was a little surprising as I heard batteries typically last for 4 years and can withstand at least 4 weeks of non-usage time.

Anyway, called up Hyundai support and they immediately sent a service person for jump starting. Good that they also send you a link where service person location can be tracked real time on a map.

Vehicle started immediately after the jump start but steering wheel was stuck. We stopped the engine, one more jump start and this time steering was normal. Accumulated info since last fueling was erased due to the battery draining completely. Not a big deal as this is anyway temporary info only.

One thing I started to wonder why is battery charge information is not displayed in car dashboard. Like in a mobile phone. Not sure if it is there and I am unable to find it. I understand the battery technology is different but are there any reasons for battery information not displayed in dashboard?

Last edited by vkivaturi : 13th November 2023 at 10:23.
Old 13th November 2023, 11:00   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkivaturi View Post
It is 2+ years with Alcazar (Automatic, Diesel) and very little to complain about. Been a good ownership experience. I have been driving lot less for past few months as my job changed to fully remote. Entire last week the vehicle was in parking only. When I went back, found the battery to be completely drained. It was a little surprising as I heard batteries typically last for 4 years and can withstand at least 4 weeks of non-usage time.
Battery should not drain within a week of non usage. Do you have any dashcam or any electrical mods done? At the next opportunity, you can ask them to check the battery in case of any fault/charging issue.

Last edited by ampere : 14th November 2023 at 09:25. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 13:02   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshzh View Post
Does anyone else experience a rattling noise coming from the 2nd row sunshade on the left side? Gets really annoying after a while on bumps, especially with bangalore road conditions
Yes, this happens on some occasions for me and can be quite irritating. Probably closes differently when released fast or slowly.

Sometimes the rattle is also from the metal buckle of the seat belt when not placed in the corresponding hook.
echo77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 23:35   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Is there a change in Hyundai's Blue Link app features? Has anyone checked or noticed? I can no longer see the "My Trips" details anymore, which was a very useful feature. Does anyone else have the same experience?
App layout was modified a bit. But trip details are still available. Follow the below mentioned path for trip details.
Status --> Vehicle Report --> Driving info detail.
Sorry ! I have missed your update in another post.

Last edited by Hickstead : 13th November 2023 at 23:36.
Old 14th November 2023, 01:11   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
I too observe the vibrations from left front wheel and on steering while driving above 80 KMPH and interestingly, yes after 2nd service that includes wheel alignment & balancing.
I visited the workshop and they mentioned they don't observe the vibrations, may be the road conditions were not favorable to recreate the issue it seems. I too doubt wheel alignment & balancing issue and thinking of getting it done if I still face the issue. Kind of waste of money, esp. as the workshop charged around 1.6-1.8 K for same.
The car comes dynamically balanced from the factory, if the showroom folks because of it being alloy wheels without a lip have statically balanced it (weight only on the inner side), then vibrations will creep in as static balance only arrests the up down balance dynamic balance arrests the up down as well as the side by side imbalance.

When I had given the Innova for its 2nd service, we were to rotate the tyres, balance and align it. I had specifically asked the service advisor to make me speak to the alignment balancing person in the workshop and explained to him how I want the balancing to be done with a step by step guide as to what I was expecting just to be sure.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed