Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 11:34   #886
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Hello,

Thought of providing 3rd Service update on my Alcazar since it had a few aspects that might be useful for fellow owners.........

I will drive the vehicle for a couple of hours in coming days to see if any further indications pop up after the logic update - I will update here if any....

Updating on the DPF topic as mentioned earlier:

I am back from a 1200+ KM drive last week. There was absolutely no warnings/ messages whatsoever on the instrument cluster throughout the drive (be it related to DPF or otherwise). The vehicle worked like a charm during the long highway drive with 3 adults & 2 kids and fully loaded luggage as well as short country-road-drives with some 8 fit adults and 2 kids

Vehicle drove comfortable as ever and perceivably a bit more spirited during the Ghats after the servicing .

Sharing a couple of random pics from the drive:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2.jpg  

Last edited by sunil_k_u : 4th September 2023 at 11:36.
sunil_k_u is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 12:59   #887
BHPian

It was time for the 4th service (1st paid service) for my 2022 Alcazar Signature Diesel AT. It was close to 30000kms. Took the car to Advaith Hyundai service center in Hulimavu.

Told them not to include any additional/unnecessary stuff (ex: battery check, engine bay cleaning, etc). The SA asked about filling synthetic oil but I refused and asked him to go for the normal mineral oil.

The other complaints included - the noisy wiper + some noise I had observed in the suspension a few months back. The suspension noise had stopped by then though.
The wiper rubber blades alone had been changed in August 2022, but then did not help one bit.

This time, they changed the wiper assembly. And the noise seems to have stopped for now. Fingers crossed.

The total came to INR 8400 and car was returned in the evening.

I then had a drive to Coimbatore and completed about 1100+kms within a week. And then got the DPF warning last weekend. This was a surprise as the car had just completed a long highway drive followed by about 7 days of local BLR city drives. But within 5 mins of the DPF warning, I saw a message on the console warning of engine management system failure and asking me to visit a nearby service center.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20230902_063727229.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20230902_063827768.jpg

Went straight to the Hulimavu service center again. They connected the OBD scanner and the soot level was 100%. Initiated the regen process and 30 minutes later, the warning was gone.

This is the 3rd time I have got the DPF warning and each time it has been at about 10000km intervals. But this was the first time, the warning asked me to visit the service center. Not sure why that happened.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20230902_084834677.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20230902_085052459.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20230902_084811051.jpg
Old 6th September 2023, 17:32   #888

Hello All,

I will be receving my Alcazar 1.5 DCT Platinum next week. Any suggestions on the extra fittings and accessories which I should purchase?
Old 7th September 2023, 20:46   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theps View Post
Hello All,

I will be receving my Alcazar 1.5 DCT Platinum next week. Any suggestions on the extra fittings and accessories which I should purchase?
Get the mudguards, 7D floor mats from Hyundai or outside. The Hyundai branded ones are good but bit costly. If you plan to keep the last row folded down, get bigger sized boot mats that can cover the entire area with last row folded down. Apart from this get regular stuff like dash cam, tyre inflator, puncture kit, etc.
Naetik30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 16:08   #890
BHPian

I do want to install a good dash cam in my Alcazar but am wary of wiring or it affecting or impacting the warranty in any way. Has anyone managed to get the Dash cam installed through Service Centre, or do you need to go to FNG for that? I am not technically proficient enough to get this done by myself, nor do I understand whether getting the Dash Cam installed will impact the warranty of the car in any way. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
Old 8th September 2023, 17:26   #891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Get the mudguards, 7D floor mats from Hyundai or outside. The Hyundai branded ones are good but bit costly. If you plan to keep the last row folded down, get bigger sized boot mats that can cover the entire area with last row folded down. Apart from this get regular stuff like dash cam, tyre inflator, puncture kit, etc.
Thanks bro! Do you recommend silencer and under-body coating?
Old 11th September 2023, 00:09   #892
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
I am not technically proficient enough to get this done by myself, nor do I understand whether getting the Dash Cam installed will impact the warranty of the car in any way. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
I installed it myself. And I ain’t any expert. After my successful installation, I believe all you need to have is ‘Patience’. It took about 1 hour to install it. The challenge was to get the wiring through the roof to the rear windscreen as mine was a Dual Channel Dashcam (DDPAI Mola N3 Pro).

It’s been about 9 months and I’m super happy with the installation.
Old 11th September 2023, 09:05   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
I do want to install a good dash cam in my Alcazar but am wary of wiring or it affecting or impacting the warranty in any way. .
As long as you do not hardwire the dash cam to the fusebox. And only use the cig lighter socket to power the dash cam, there should be no issue of warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theps View Post
Thanks bro! Do you recommend silencer and under-body coating?
You are probably the first ever person to call me 'bro'.

No need for the underbody coating. Dont recommend it. Just a waste of money. I had it on my Verna, but did not for Alcazar. Just a way for the service center to get some extra moolah.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 10:26   #894
BHPian

Thanks, I will explore the option of getting a Dashcam seriously in that case, the issue of warranty was something that was holding me back. I do hope dash cam is something that starts coming as a standard in more and more vehicles now.
Old 15th September 2023, 12:18   #895

Reflecting on My Year-Long Journey with the Hyundai Alcazar: A Comprehensive Review

It's hard to believe that it's been over a year since I first got behind the wheel of the Hyundai Alcazar 2.0 Petrol Automatic Dual Tone. It was July 28, 2022, when I received the keys to this remarkable vehicle from Advaith Hyundai ORR, BLR. What followed has been an exciting journey filled with adventures, road trips, and countless memories.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20230501_181929.jpg

In this blog post, I'll take you through my experiences with the Hyundai Alcazar over the past year. From the moment I drove it off the dealership lot to my most recent road trip, I've had the privilege of getting to know this car inside and out. Buckle up, because we're about to dive deep into the performance, design, features, and more that make the Alcazar a standout in the crowded SUV market.

Up to this point, my car has traveled a distance of 17,520 kilometers throughout the South Indian States, and it has undergone two scheduled services. It's worth noting that, apart from adding new accessories and chrome, there haven't been any unscheduled visits to the dealership or service centers.

Let's delve into the essential criteria of my review -
Performance - Equipped with the 2.0 Petrol engine, power is plentiful, and the absence of forced induction means there's no such thing as turbo lag. The engine's power delivery is consistently smooth, ensuring a comfortable ride. I recently embarked on an uninterrupted journey from BLR to Munnar, with only brief stops, and I can attest that I arrived at my destination feeling refreshed, without any signs of fatigue.
While on the highway, overtaking other vehicles is effortless. If there's a sudden need for an extra burst of power, engaging the sports mode transforms the car's dynamics, providing a more precise driving experience, and the gears hold at higher revs for longer. This alteration in performance is also reflected in the noticeable change in steering feedback.
Even in hilly terrain, the Alcazar proves its worth, effortlessly handling sharp turns, even when fully loaded up to the third row. There hasn't been a single instance where this car seemed to struggle or run out of breath.

Design & Comfort - The Alcazar's size is well-suited to handle the diverse range of conditions you encounter on Indian roads. This is especially crucial given that many roads lack standard width and proper lane markings. During my recent journeys to Ooty and Munnar, there were numerous occasions where even a few millimeters of extra width would have potentially resulted in dents or, in some cases, deep scratches on the car.
The suspension is finely calibrated to suit the demands of Indian road conditions, effectively absorbing road imperfections and potholes. Additionally, its generous ground clearance of 200 mm is more than sufficient to handle minor off-road challenges encountered during road trips. What's truly impressive is that, despite its elevated ground clearance, the Alcazar maintains stability and handles high-speed bends on expressways without any noticeable slowdown.
The ventilated seats offer excellent cushioning for extended road trips, ensuring that you won't experience any discomfort or the urge to stop and stretch.
The air conditioning system ranks among the best, efficiently cooling the cabin within minutes even when parked under the sun. Moreover, it intelligently adjusts the cooling as the car slows down to avoid unnecessary revving.

Features that help a lot -
1. Auto Hold - This feature proves invaluable in stop-and-go traffic conditions, a common occurrence in cities like BLR due to suboptimal traffic management and a lack of awareness regarding maintaining safe following distances. It should be a standard feature in all automatic cars.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20220823_084215_zp0x7dzjrq5nb_0_1676996783646.jpg

2. 360° View Camera with Sensors - This is perhaps one of the most underrated features, yet it serves as a guardian against scratches when navigating amidst less experienced drivers or in cities where lane discipline is a rarity. The display quality is truly remarkable, surpassing not only other vehicles in its segment but also those in higher segments.

3. Dual-Row Wireless Chargers - Personally, I prefer a clutter-free console area, and the presence of wires can be quite bothersome. Having wireless chargers in both the front and second rows helps maintain a tidier cabin.

4. Traction Modes - The default Apollo tires, while suitable for city driving, may not perform optimally on muddy, steep terrain. This is where the traction modes come into play. I'm planning to upgrade to Bridgestone tires, but the Mud/Snow/Sand modes have proven their worth already. I had to put them to the test on a muddy off-road ascent, and they delivered on their promises.

5. Blind Spot View - In cities with erratic driving conditions, this feature can be a lifesaver. It's all too common to encounter vehicles changing lanes without signaling or checking for merging traffic. I've grown so accustomed to this feature that I find myself wishing my other vehicles had it as well.

Fuel consumption -
This is a metric that I'm frequently inquired about, so here are my findings:
Idle or standstill: Approximately 8 kilometers per liter (KMPL)
Stop-and-go city traffic: Ranging from 8 to 10 KMPL
Highways (using a blend of comfort and sports mode): Achieving between 14 to 17 KMPL
Hyundai Alcazar Review-psx_20230915_102558.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-psx_20230915_102443.jpg

What could be improved?
Both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are wired connections. Consequently, I opted for Carlinkit to enable wireless connectivity. It effortlessly and promptly pairs with my devices. Ideally, wireless functionality should have been a standard feature from the outset.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-psx_20230915_102408.jpg
The original tires that come with the vehicle are not particularly suitable, especially in muddy conditions. Given my positive experience with Bridgestone tires on my other vehicles, I plan to upgrade the Alcazar's tires to Bridgestone as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-psx_20230915_102317.jpg  

sauravkumar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 17:53   #896
Distinguished - BHPian

2024 Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied.

Quote:
The prototype appears to be wearing a new set of alloy wheels while the thick chrome strip at the rear could be replaced by an LED light bar connecting the sleeker wraparound LED tail lamps. The front fascia could get visual revisions akin to the upcoming Creta facelift.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-2024hyundaialcazarfacelift21280x640.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 21:23   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2024 Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied.

Attachment 2505208

Link
That looks extremely similar to the Creta facelift test mule from the rear at least. Hope Hyundai is not planning to make the design entirely similar to the Creta.
Old 24th September 2023, 18:52   #898
BHPian

75k km up in 15 months !!!

Needed some advice.

Our 1 year old Diesel Alcazar is seeing some very high running and is averaging approx 200 km daily runs for the last few months. Should the service we done every 10k km as prescribed by Hyundai and what things should be done / be left out in service that is coming up every 2nd month now.

As per Hyundai service center, warranty might be rejected in case servicing is not done as per proper intervals, the car comes with a 3 year unlimited Km warranty but no extended warranty options is available for unlimited km.
sids1811 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 19:01   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
75k km up in 15 months !!!

Needed some advice.

Our 1 year old Diesel Alcazar is seeing some very high running and is averaging approx 200 km daily runs for the last few months. Should the service we done every 10k km as prescribed by Hyundai and what things should be done / be left out in service that is coming up every 2nd month now.

As per Hyundai service center, warranty might be rejected in case servicing is not done as per proper intervals, the car comes with a 3 year unlimited Km warranty but no extended warranty options is available for unlimited km.
Please follow the service as per km runs or duration whichever is earlier. You should not skip any mandatory service requirement because it may have adverse impact on the warranty as the service center has also mentioned to you. Once the warranty period or km coverage is over, you can chose to service the way you want.

You are right about extended warranty that there is no unlimited warranty option. But I remember seeing options upto 1,40,000 km (up to 5th year) if that is of interest to you.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th September 2023 at 19:24.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 19:54   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post

You are right about extended warranty that there is no unlimited warranty option. But I remember seeing options upto 1,40,000 km (up to 5th year) if that is of interest to you.

I am already over 75k in 15 months, that leaves me with a headway of only 65k which going by present average I might cross well within the 3 years I already have.
sids1811 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks