Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2022, 14:32   #481
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
I'm sure many owners here have installed a dashcam on your Alcazar.

Could you please suggest the brand and model number based on your experience?
I have installed 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam in my Alcazar myself. I wanted to go for the hardwire kit but decided to do it later. Currently powering the dashcam from the USB port only. The clarity is very good for the front lens and good for the rear one. Although the rear is a lot grainier in the night.
I bought the dashcam from Amazon for Rs. 11998/-
Kulvinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 16:11   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
I seriously contemplated installing a Dashcam, but I do not think there are any Hyundai approved Dash Cams, and I am not that savvy to be able to install one myself, hence I refrained. If Hyundai comes up with a recommended model in future, I might.
You can buy online and install dashcam yourself as long as you are not splicing or disturbing the car wiring. No need to go with dealer, there are many good options available which can be bought online and are DIY or can be easily installed by a car accessories person. I have self installed 70mai pro plus+ front cam via the cigarette lighter port and it works fine.

I have not done it but If you need 24hrs parking surveillance then you can hard wire it using a special kit (you can take help of technician or DIY YT videos).
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 06:32   #483
BHPian

Hey guys.
Can some one let me know the rpm the Dieset AT is spinning in when the speed is 100 kmph and 120 kmph.
Old 18th September 2022, 08:11   #484
BHPian

I have been in the market from March 2022 for a new car and not able to decide on it yet. Initially, I was inclined towards Creta, but fell in love with Alcazar due to better road presence and boot space with third row folded, compared to Creta. Both 2.0 P and 1.5 D were priced same and my point of never ending dilemma started here.

My usage do not exceed 6-7k annually. Still, I am looking to consider D AT considering the frequent city usage and FE concerns. What challenges I should be ready to face with low usage diesel ? I am just not able to digest that Petrol only suites my usage even with a heavy car like Alcazar.

Please provide your valuable opinions.

Last edited by Hickstead : 18th September 2022 at 08:12.
Old 18th September 2022, 09:53   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post

My usage do not exceed 6-7k annually. Still, I am looking to consider D AT considering the frequent city usage and FE concerns. What challenges I should be ready to face with low usage diesel ? I am just not able to digest that Petrol only suites my usage even with a heavy car like Alcazar.

Please provide your valuable opinions.
I have low usage too and I purchased Alcazar Petrol 2.0 Automatic.

I stayed away from the diesel variant due to the below reasons.
  1. Petrol Engine on Alcazar is more powerful and low-end response is good for city usage.
  2. If driven primarily in the city, a diesel engine can develop DPF-related issues.
  3. There would be uncertainty about the fate of diesel cars due to NGT. I purchased my car in NCR where the 10-year rule applies for diesel cars.

My previous car was last-gen Creta 1.6D Automatic and it was a great car to drive. I got it primarily for better drivability compared to the 1.6P engine.

Do some cost-benefit analysis over a period of time, you plan to own the car. With the low running of 7K KMs annually, the cost difference won't be much.

Secondly, do a test drive of both variants extensively and pick the one which you enjoy most.

Last edited by born_free : 18th September 2022 at 09:58.
born_free is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 10:12   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Diesel Alcazar is a good option. I booked Petrol one during pre-launch last year and but then changed to Diesel (Automatic) before delivery. My drive is similar to yours - just completed 1 year and odometer shows ~7,500 kms. DPF is not an issue (at least I have not seen any so far). Vehicle is highly fuel efficient. My commute to office is on light traffic route (Nallagandla to Nanakramaguda, Hyderabad). 16 kmpl is what I get on this route. And on ORR or Highways, it varies between 18 to 25 kpml depending on the speed.

Of course, please go for Petrol if your heart beats for it. Just saying that the concerns around Diesel may not be true.
vkivaturi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 20:35   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulvinder View Post
I purchased from the dealer from which I purchased the car, VD Hyundai, Peeragarhi, New Delhi. You can purchase it just before the expiry of your 5th year EW but the prices will be higher. I've purchased 4th / 5th year and 6th / 7th year EW. So, peace of mind for 7 years and 1,00,000 kms.
Thanks Kulvinder, I would check with my dealer again. In my view, its good to buy it when the car is still new, as the prices and choice to provide (not provide) 6&7th year warranty may be with Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Please see my previous post. Install the Hyundai care app and go to My Account->Warranty Status.

From here you can choose to purchase the extended warranty for up to 7 years.
Yes sir, have it already installed, but surprisingly I do not see option for 6th & 7th year on the app, its just till 5 years (with variation on KMs) or powertrain warranty till 5 years.
Old 19th September 2022, 01:42   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkivaturi View Post
Vehicle is highly fuel efficient. My commute to office is on light traffic route (Nallagandla to Nanakramaguda, Hyderabad). 16 kmpl is what I get on this route. And on ORR or Highways, it varies between 18 to 25 kpml depending on the speed.

Of course, please go for Petrol if your heart beats for it. Just saying that the concerns around Diesel may not be true.
Hi could you please note down the rpm at 80 and 100 kmph during your next run?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th September 2022 at 05:19. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags.
Old 19th September 2022, 11:13   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please see my previous post. Install the Hyundai care app and go to My Account->Warranty Status.

From here you can choose to purchase the extended warranty for up to 7 years.
I could see my current warranty and drop down for extended warranty options. However it asks me to select a particular dealer from the list along with the warranty I am interested in. Once I do that and submit, there is no further information about next steps. I thought we could buy online or dealer would follow up. Can someone share how to go about buying extended warranty.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th September 2022 at 11:14.
Old 19th September 2022, 11:25   #490
BHPian

Booked a Phantom Black Signature(O) Diesel AT 7 seater at RR Kirad Hyundai,Pune. I booked it only after the SA confirmed that the variant is available for immediate delivery. Have blocked the car for now . Will take delivery after pitrupaksh. The sales lead handled my case directly after I told him that you will get my booking only if he has a car readily available for delivery. Gave me a decent discount too and did not force me for any accessory too. The sales lead's name is Vikrant for the interested.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 13:00   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I could see my current warranty and drop down for extended warranty options. However it asks me to select a particular dealer from the list along with the warranty I am interested in. Once I do that and submit, there is no further information about next steps. I thought we could buy online or dealer would follow up. Can someone share how to go about buying extended warranty.
Warranty Purchase is provided at service centers so it would be a good idea to call/visit any service center and check with them
Old 20th September 2022, 13:24   #492
BHPian

Anybody got Ceramic / Graphene coating done on the Alcazar in Delhi / NCR? Can you share your experience in terms of costings/ time taken/ satisfaction after the coating etc? Mine is Starry night and I'm interested in getting the coating done but confused between so many detailers offering different types (nano / 9h/ Diamond etc) and costing.
Old 21st September 2022, 14:49   #493
mtk
BHPian

Is there a setting to change the mileage display format?

Instead of 6L/100km can I change it to KM/L?
Old 21st September 2022, 15:26   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Is there a setting to change the mileage display format?

Instead of 6L/100km change it to KM/L?

It can be done from settings menu of the touchscreen infotainment system
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 00:43   #495
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
It can be done from settings menu of the touchscreen infotainment system
I tried but couldn’t find that option. Can you tell me where this option located?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks