Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2021, 13:05   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Forgot about XL6 and Hector plus ? Though pricing is different, bodystyle and packaging are quite similar. ALCAZAR got a powerful petrol powertrain too.
XL6 is not looking at the same spot at least for now, Hector plus is a size bigger, quite a lot bigger in fact.
Old 8th August 2021, 18:02   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Meanwhile it has been over two weeks since I cancelled the booking at VTJ, and they are showing no signs of refunding the 4.75 Lakhs despite several follow ups. I have eMailed Hyundai, but now confused if I should switch to a different model after the entire experience.
A rather late comment from my side. I am also in some situation like you. Booked the Signature(O) Petrol on 14th June and changed it to Diesel by end of June. Dealer (here in Hyderabad) is unable to confirm a delivery date even now. Keeps saying "it will happen in few weeks, Diesel Signature is extremely high on demand, very few vehicles being allocated from factory, you can take a Petrol Signature right away if you want" etc. This time he is confident it will happen in August (99.9% confident, as quoted by him). Good thing is they have not taken any amount apart from the initial booking of Rs 20k. I thought of cancelling the vehicle and going for Safari. But my wife, kids, parents and everyone else in family who knows I booked an Alcazar are totally in love with the vehicle looking at its images and videos. Just cannot cancel the booking since I myself am fine with the vehicle, apart from the booking experience. Patiently waiting now.

In your case, if your 4+ lakhs is not yet refunded, do give a call to Hyundai customer care. They generally act fast and get the Dealer and Hyundai local marketing team involved immediately and push for a resolution.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 19:35. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 9th August 2021, 18:45   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkivaturi View Post
A rather late comment from my side. I am also in some situation like you. Booked the Signature(O) Petrol on 14th June and changed it to Diesel by end of June. Dealer (here in Hyderabad) is unable to confirm a delivery date even now. Keeps saying "it will happen in few weeks, Diesel Signature is extremely high on demand, very few vehicles being allocated from factory, you can take a Petrol Signature right away if you want" etc. This time he is confident it will happen in August (99.9% confident, as quoted by him). Good thing is they have not taken any amount apart from the initial booking of Rs 20k. I thought of cancelling the vehicle and going for Safari. But my wife, kids, parents and everyone else in family who knows I booked an Alcazar are totally in love with the vehicle looking at its images and videos. Just cannot cancel the booking since I myself am fine with the vehicle, apart from the booking experience. Patiently waiting now....

In your case, if your 4+ lakhs is not yet refunded, do give a call to Hyundai customer care. They generally act fast and get the Dealer and Hyundai local marketing team involved immediately and push for a resolution.
I think we should have switched dealerships since my dealer told me that there was a shortage of Petrol Signature models... I spoke with the Sales head who told me that they only got 2 Alcazars last month for sale. I actually do believe him since I am yet to see any on the road here in Kochi.

I did briefly consider the Tata Safari and the lower end Kia Carnival but finally decided to wait on the Alcazar as advised by @Cyborg

My new dealer also told me that I was in the allocation list and I will get the engine and chassis number by this week the latest. and the vehicle will surely be delivered this month (So they are both talking the same language). I suspect the chip shortage maybe delaying the delivery.

I did reach out to Hyundai over eMail on the refund and I got the advance paid back to me in full the next day by the older dealership followed by a cordial and apologetic call from the sales head explaining how the WFH and the slow finance team slowed down the entire process of refund.

Since I have not learned, I did pay up the full price of the car to the new dealer under the assurance that the vehicle will be delayed this month (Actually I would have to go through the financing approval process again if I delayed the payment any further, so thought I will get it done anyway). Hoping to finally get the car by this month
devakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 20:52   #139
Senior - BHPian

Could fellow bhpians please recommend which type of 7D Floor Mats to go for 6-Seater Hyundai Alcazar Signature Diesel?
The car is in Polar White Single Tone (if that matters).
Currently the complete flooring (after removing All Seats) has been covered by this washable mat (floor lamination in layman's terms).

Front passenger side-
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_20210809_182740.jpg

Middle Row-
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_20210809_182642.jpg

Behind Third row seat (Boot Mat)-
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_20210809_182712.jpg

It did not struck me to click the photo between 2nd Row and 3rd Row. Also I did not click the Driver's footwell because it was some what dusty.

Is it advisable to buy online?
On searching online came across these few-
1. Autofurnish 7D Hyundai-Alcazar 6-Seater Black-Red
2. Amazon Hi-Art-Compatible Hyundai-Alcazar 6 Seater 7D Car Mats

Here in Solapur, the Local (Aftermarket) Accessories Shop is quoting Rs. 9000/- for 7D Mats. Don't know What Brand and Colour (My father had enquired).

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 9th August 2021 at 20:54.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:19   #140
BHPian

I took the delivery yesterday from Advaith Hyundai, Bannerghatta Road. Delivery process was smooth albeit car was bit dirty. After several polishing attempts, it was satisfactory.
My model is Signature Diesel AT.

I did a quick drive in NICE road (till Kanakapura exit) with 4 passengers and the highway performance was very good. Does anyone comment on stock tyre pressure? When I checked during my drive, found it to be very high (~45PSI).

Highlight was OK, could have been improved.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_8539.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 19:35. Reason: Typos fixed. Picture inserted in-line.
funda2max is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 01:05   #141
BHPian

It's 33 for normal load and 35 for max load as per the manual (see image), page no. 3-11.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_20210814_005806.jpg

Manual attached here. You can also download it from here:
Download
Attached Files
File Type: pdf alcazar.pdf (9.02 MB, 270 views)

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 19:36. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 01:45   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
I took the delivery yesterday from Advaith Hyundai, bannerghatta road.
Does anyone comment on stock tyre pressure? When I checked during my drive, found it to be very high (~45PSI).
First of all congratulations and welcome to the Alcazar Club
The tyre pressure during the time of delivery is very high, in my Prestige(O) the tyre pressure was 47 psi.
I did drove the car a couple of days with 47 psi and due to very stiff ride quality, I decided to get it down to 37 psi.
The ride quality has now become soft and there has been an increase of fuel efficiency too (2-3 kmpl).
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 06:43   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
When I checked during my drive, found it to be very high (~45PSI).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
The tyre pressure during the time of delivery is very high, in my Prestige(O) the tyre pressure was 47 psi.
Congratulations on your rides.

The cars have over inflated tyres and must be checked for correct tyre pressure just out of dealership. For reference, my Brezza had 51-54psi pressure in all tyres and it was jumping like anything. For my in-laws' Alto, I checked the pressure at dealership before delivery and found it to be 44-47psi.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 07:09   #144
BHPian

Quote:
The model we have opted for is Prestige (O) Diesel AT 7 STR.
Have you driven on the Hills with 5-6 co-passengers & their luggage? How does it feel? Does the engine feel that it is reaching its limits? Is it able to climb the steep slopes without any hiccups? What average did you get in the Hills?

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 19:37. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 22nd August 2021, 10:29   #145
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to check out the petrol 6seater AT and Diesel 7 seater manual models. Could test drive the diesel whereas petrol was a display model. My first impressions
1. Alcazar looks better than Creta specially the back. Side profile is also proportionate and not much overhang.
2. For some reason, my family did not like the brown interiors at all. Although brown is a new thing now a days but it did not feel premium quality inside Alcazar. It may be personal taste and subjective.
3. I could test drive the Diesel and while the engine is very refined but could feel that it is little underpowered for a car of this size specially with 4+ adults on board.
4. Now coming to the deal breaker - the third row. I was looking for 6 seater AT version for my family of 4 and occasional drives with my parents. There is hardly any thigh support in third row and not sure how practical it will be for a large family on-board. My kids totally vetoed it out and clearly told they don't want to sit in third row if it comes to it. I also sat in the third row and it really felt so uncomfortable.

So bottomline is that my family could find enough reasons to spend extra over Creta for a cramped third row and brown interiors. So we thanked the SA and now happily awaiting Creta delivery.
Old 24th August 2021, 16:46   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Have you driven on the Hills with 5-6 co-passengers & their luggage? What average did you get in the Hills?
As of now I haven’t driven the car in hills but I have driven it with 6 passengers on board and the pull was same as it is with 4 passengers. If you ever feel the car is lacking in power just switch to sports mode.
I made two 5’4 people sit in the 3rd row and according to them the space is decent for 1-2 hours ride, though we drove around for only 45 minutes.
Mileage as of now in city conditions is 10-12 which is pretty average for a diesel automatic.

I have seen many people take Alcazar to Leh, Spiti and hills in the facebook group of Alcazar and according to them car performed great.

To be honest after the launch of XUV 700, I think you should really consider it as it offers a lot more value for money. The top end diesel automatic would go for 23-25(on road delhi) but if you are considering 7 STR variant and are in no hurry then I feel it would be worth the wait.
I didn’t wait and got the Alcazar and don’t regret much but still I do
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 09:37   #147
BHPian

Thanks for replying.

My main issues with Alcazar ( was looking at Alcazar Diesel AT ) is a weak engine and lack of 3rd row space. Now actively looking at XUV 700. It has also a very tight 3rd seating and has some essential features missing. Also Mahindra new launches have plenty of niggles in the first year of ownership & after sales service of Mahindra is pretty questionable.

So, still undecided and confused. Read somewhere that MG is updating Hector and rest of the range to match features with XUV 700 and maybe coming up with a Diesel automatic. I like the Hector, but then it is a Chinese product and that is holding me back.

Quote:
As of now I haven’t driven the car in hills but I have driven it with 6 passengers on board and the pull was same as it is with 4 passengers. If you ever feel the car is lacking in power just switch to sports mode.
I made two 5’4 people sit in the 3rd row and according to them the space is decent for 1-2 hours ride, though we drove around for only 45 minutes.
Mileage as of now in city conditions is 10-12 which is pretty average for a diesel automatic.

I have seen many people take Alcazar to Leh, Spiti and hills in the facebook group of Alcazar and according to them car performed great.

To be honest after the launch of XUV 700, I think you should really consider it as it offers a lot more value for money. The top end diesel automatic would go for 23-25(on road delhi) but if you are considering 7 STR variant and are in no hurry then I feel it would be worth the wait.
I didn’t wait and got the Alcazar and don’t regret much but still I do
Old 26th August 2021, 18:36   #148

Quote:
Thanks for replying.

My main issues with Alcazar ( was looking at Alcazar Diesel AT ) is a weak engine and lack of 3rd row space. Now actively looking at XUV 700. It has also a very tight 3rd seating and has some essential features missing. Also Mahindra new launches have plenty of niggles in the first year of ownership & after sales service of Mahindra is pretty questionable.

So, still undecided and confused. Read somewhere that MG is updating Hector and rest of the range to match features with XUV 700 and maybe coming up with a Diesel automatic. I like the Hector, but then it is a Chinese product and that is holding me back.
If 3rd space is important it has to be Safari or Innova, I have completed 7000 kms in my Alcazar and am satisfied with the flexibility provided to adjust the 3 rows, for average height of 5'6" its comfortable enough. I think this is lacking in XUV700 and in MG Hector the seats are too low you feel as if you are sitting on the floor.

I have a petrol so cant complaint about engine power
Old 26th August 2021, 19:08   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkashyap View Post
I have a petrol so cant complaint about engine power
What is the FE of the Petrol Alcazar - in the city traffic, on Highways and on Hills?

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 19:37. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 26th August 2021, 19:49   #150

Quote:
What is the FE of the Petrol Alcazar - in the city traffic, on Highways and on Hills?
Petrol manual in Bangalore city has given me 10-12, Highway 12-16 based on the speed keep it between 80-100 and the mileage touches 16 easily.

Hills haven't tried yet.
parthkashyap is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks