Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 10:42   #676
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
They are saying it will take at least a month, which I am fine with but hoping that it does not take more time.

Any guidance would be helpful for my restless mind
Yes, that is the standard delivery timeline quoted these days for Octavia & Superb. I honestly doubt you will find complete peace until the stead is parked in your garage . Congratulations on your buy.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 11:20   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvinayak View Post
What do you guys think will be a fair deal for a used Octavia(HR registered), 7-month-old, 4k driven. Almost new condition. Paid-up maintenance for 4 years. Dealer quoting 29L on an ad. Only spoke with him over call, yet to pay the dealership a visit and negotiate.
You haven't mentioned which variant it is. There is couple of lakhs difference between L&K & Style.

Key is doing your home work and asking the right questions.

1) Though it's a dealer ask for pre inspection report.
2) You would still need to purchase extended warranty (incase of long term)
3) What are the current discounts in & around DELHI, NCR region? Off late in mumbai you have seen deep discounts for style model FY-21.
4) Insurance will be up for renewal soon.
5) Is this MY-21 or MY-22 model? There is a ex-showroom price difference of 25K between these.
6) Is it completely stock or upgrades done?
7) Condition of seats ( Yes it is important with Alcantara & beige it's a deadly combo)
8) Get the service history from the dealership. Any accidents or insurance claims?

Post the ground work one can arrive at a price point. Be prepared to walk away if you don't see a value. During dealer visit do take friends or family member who have eye for details. Good luck.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 16:38   #678

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
You haven't mentioned which variant it is. There is couple of lakhs difference between L&K & Style.
I missed that, it is L&K
Old 6th April 2022, 18:38   #679
BHPian

Any lucky fella in Bangalore who got their Octavia allocated? I am still waiting for update. If you got an allocation, it would help to know the date (or approximate date) of booking along with colour and variant.
Old 8th April 2022, 09:28   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
It is a tough decision. Heart clearly says screw it and drop the extra 10 large ones for that smile it's going to put on my face. Head says why waste so much extra money when the Slavia 1.5 (or more likely wait for the Virtus) seemed to do an adequate job when i took it for a test drive.
Ah the classical heart and mind dilemma!

In terms of sheer build and overall quality I don't think the Slavia/2.0 cars will ever match cars like the Octavia or older gen VWs like the Vento/Jetta. I personally think that the 1.5 iterations of the Slavia and upcoming Virtus are quite overpriced.

I would say go in for the Octavia, it will serve you well for years to come and the bells and whistles mean that the new car itch should hopefully not come for at least 5-7 years. I rarely advocate for spending more but the value that you are getting for spending the extra money surpasses the cost IMHO.
Old 8th April 2022, 10:24   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
Yes this is the 2022 L&K model in the Graphite Gray colour. The coating took exactly 3 days, since it was brand new, the paint correction work was minimal or non-existent. It costed me around INR 55K for the 5 year plan of Modesta+ ceramic coating. Here are some more photos of the car
Quick question: how did you get the grey colour? Bangalore dealers do not have clue about it, and even the official brochures do not mention it. Is it location specific availability?
Old 8th April 2022, 10:41   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question: how did you get the grey colour? Bangalore dealers do not have clue about it, and even the official brochures do not mention it. Is it location specific availability?
Oh? I got it from the Tafe Access dealer near Silk Board. The colour is new and is only available on the L&K trim for 2022 models.

On a different note, I'm not surprised at the Bangalore dealers' lack of knowledge on these subjects. I've been having a very tough time getting dealers to do their job and get test drives for cars around here. I think most of them don't really care about making a sale anymore.
Old 8th April 2022, 10:56   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer are you talking to ? Graphite gray is pretty much a part of the L&K line up since Jan & its in the brochure. Its not available for the style though.

Last edited by SR-71 : 8th April 2022 at 10:58.
Old 8th April 2022, 11:33   #684

Hi Guys,

Need help with a niggling issue with my New Skoda Octavia 2021 Dec (L&K). I have a VIVO smart phone which work on Android v12 and from the first day onwards, the wireless android auto / smart link set up has been causing me major grief. To name a few:

1. The user interface is of very poor quality and the touch response is not good.
2. The system malfunctions regularly when my android auto is connected
3. Multiple instances of glitches (no audio / screen hanging / unable to take or make phone calls / deactivation of the climate control menu etc).
4. Getting sick and tired, I uninstalled the Android Auto app from my phone. This actually helped as the overall performance of the infotainment system improved and the glitches reduced significantly (some issues still crop up every now and then). I guess the system per se is temperamental.
5. Finally, after much research I have discovered that the system is compatible with Android v10 or below, not with the latest v12. This is quite staggering, however I urge you to go to the Skoda India Website and click on media compatibility.

Question to all my fellow new Skoda Octavia owners - Are you / have you faced glitches / performance issues with your infotainment system, especially with latest android / apple phones?

What is the best approach to resolve this issue? Unable to use android auto...
Thank you Guys!!
Cheers.
Old 8th April 2022, 18:17   #685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrish View Post
Hi Guys,

Need help with a niggling issue with my New Skoda Octavia 2021 Dec (L&K). I have a VIVO smart phone which work on Android v12 and from the first day onwards, the wireless android auto / smart link set up has been causing me major grief.
I am using iPhone 11 and wireless Apple CarPlay is working perfectly with Octavia L&K 2021. My SA had mentioned that few of their customers have reported issues with wireless Android auto/smartlink.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th April 2022 at 08:14. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 8th April 2022, 18:52   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrish View Post
Question to all my fellow new Skoda Octavia owners - Are you / have you faced glitches / performance issues with your infotainment system, especially with latest android / apple phones?
I havent used Android Auto yet, but I am usually connected with a pair of iphones running latest iOS version (15.4); i.e. one connected via Apple Car play (to use navigation) and other on standard bluetooth (for better music experience) and both connections work seamlessly. Infact I can actively take handsfree calls from either of the 2 devices without any additional steps and havent experienced any glitch so far.

Although the screen do blackout for a second or 2 when we switch from full screen apps like media/Phone to Apple Car play but there is still no lag in playback/calls and it is purely visual.

Last edited by rahul1407 : 8th April 2022 at 18:59. Reason: mentioning Version
rahul1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 05:32   #687
rsk
BHPian

I’m on a trip currently and had to use the windshield wiper fluid twice and I got an alert that wiper fluid is low. Since I was couple hundred kms away from my destination and it was drizzling/raining took a small shampoo packet used a little of it and added 1 litre water. The alert had gone away, but I was bit surprised to see the alert/warning because prior to this I might have used it at best once or twice.
Old 10th April 2022, 07:23   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
I’m on a trip currently and had to use the windshield wiper fluid twice and I got an alert that wiper fluid is low. Since I was couple hundred kms away from my destination and it was drizzling/raining took a small shampoo packet used a little of it and added 1 litre water. The alert had gone away, but I was bit surprised to see the alert/warning because prior to this I might have used it at best once or twice.
I had the same issue just a week after delivery and after the first usage. The showroom folks dismissed it saying it wouldn’t have been filled prior to delivery but I didn’t really agree to that. Had to take it to the service center and get it checked - turns out the hose that connects the reservoir wasn’t connected properly. Haven’t had the problem since.
aashiqb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 08:38   #689
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
I had the same issue just a week after delivery and after the first usage. The showroom folks dismissed it saying it wouldn’t have been filled prior to delivery but I didn’t really agree to that. Had to take it to the service center and get it checked - turns out the hose that connects the reservoir wasn’t connected properly. Haven’t had the problem since.
Thanks for the info. I’m few weeks away from getting back to Bangalore. Will try and see if I can get it checked at the nearest service centre around me, else will have to rely on shampoo and water for the time being.
Old 10th April 2022, 09:15   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
Thanks for the info. I’m few weeks away from getting back to Bangalore. Will try and see if I can get it checked at the nearest service centre around me, else will have to rely on shampoo and water for the time being.
For me at least there was a puddle below the reservoir area which I noticed early on but didn’t really know what it was until this issue happened. Maybe it’ll help you. Do you see a puddle like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-9a3c3655a14e4254bb8d496ebcb1ddc5.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks