Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2024, 16:13   #1876

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post

Does it mean everything is great? Following are observations on the Style variant[list]
Does the style variant get ambient lighting?

Last edited by manson : 24th July 2024 at 01:25. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 24th July 2024, 01:11   #1877

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
I have had my share of woes too and many of them are same as what some of the other fellow bhpians are going through with the MK4. Just haven't had the time off late to get to the forum.
Issues with the infotainment system and gear selector are known issues. Get them replaced under warranty and you should be fine.

If you are still in doubt buy the extended warranty package for the 5th and 6th year. This should be about 80k.

Selling it would leave you totally disappointed as no other car will give you the performance and joy of driving this side of a BMW 3 series which is close to 80 lacs on road now.

Also generally speaking the Gen3b engines are pretty reliable and with timely service and a look out for the common failure points ( timing chain, water pump and faulty PCV valve) you should easily be able to enjoy this car for 1.5 lac Kms.

Last edited by manson : 24th July 2024 at 01:24. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Josteam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 15:42   #1878
BHPian

Dear Bhpian's,
I have seen a 2022 Octavia Style for sale listed in our Society's ADDA app in Bengaluru. My friend is looking for an Octavia; the person listed is quoting 29.5L, and it's negotiable. What has to be looked into, and what is the best price to close the deal?

The description of the car by owner and the less millage is due to having too many cars in his garage.

Single Owner Vehicle just 2 years old (Only driven 800 kms, like brand new showroom piece!)

- Lava blue luxury color
- 2L TSI turbo petrol engine. 190 bhp 320 nm torque
- Premium Led headlights
- Only 800 kms driven, like showroom new condition. Registered in April 2022
- Full Ceramic Coated
- Bonnet and roof ppf done
- Skoda Extended Warranty worth Rs 85k taken till Apr'2028 (another 4 years)
- Comprehensive zero dep Insurance till Apr '2025
- Skoda Service maintenence package worth Rs.50k taken till April 2026 (another 2 years)
- Skoda RSA taken till Apr' 2031
- No scratches/dents. No accidents.
- Upgraded to Continental PC2 225/55 R17 premium tyres worth 50k
- Not under any loan. First owner
- Regularly serviced. Full service history available
- Mileage: City 9-10 kmpl/Highway 14-15 kmpl
- 70mai Dual channel premium dashcam installed with level 1 ADAS worth Rs.12k
Puntoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 17:31   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntoo View Post
Dear Bhpian's,
What has to be looked into, and what is the best price to close the deal?

The description of the car by owner and the less millage is due to having too many cars in his garage.

Single Owner Vehicle just 2 years old (Only driven 800 kms, like brand new showroom piece!)
I would be very careful. 800 Km in two years is approximately 1 km a day which is too less of a running. Either the ODO has been tampered with or it has been a garage queen which is bad either way. So I suggest take an OBD reader to know the actual mileage. Regarding the cost, i guess considering 36L on-road when new, 27-30 L would be a good price if everything is in order.
blogslogger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 16:08   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Bhpian's,
I have seen a 2022 Octavia Style for sale listed in our Society's ADDA app in Bengaluru. My friend is looking for an Octavia; the person listed is quoting 29.5L, and it's negotiable. What has to be looked into, and what is the best price to close the deal?

- Lava blue luxury color
- 2L TSI turbo petrol engine. 190 bhp 320 nm torque
- Premium Led headlights
- Only 800 kms driven, like showroom new condition. Registered in April 2022
- Full Ceramic Coated
- Bonnet and roof ppf done
- Skoda Extended Warranty worth Rs 85k taken till Apr'2028 (another 4 years)
- Comprehensive zero dep Insurance till Apr '2025
- Skoda Service maintenence package worth Rs.50k taken till April 2026 (another 2 years)
- Skoda RSA taken till Apr' 2031
- No scratches/dents. No accidents.
- Upgraded to Continental PC2 225/55 R17 premium tyres worth 50k
- Not under any loan. First owner
- Regularly serviced. Full service history available
- Mileage: City 9-10 kmpl/Highway 14-15 kmpl
- 70mai Dual channel premium dashcam installed with level 1 ADAS worth Rs.12k
Just 800km in 2 years? Even if it is a genuine claim (most likely the reason for the sale as it not being used), it still was a garage queen. So a through and deep inspection is a must - tyres, battery, rodent damage, wirings, rusting, etc, are potential suspects.

Even if all is well,
1. being a CKD Skoda,
2. since this NX 4th gen Octavia not as aspirational as the 5E 3rd gen model
3. being well aware of the cons, limitations, and sad stories of this gen Octavia
the asking price can be around 24L for the style variant. Remember, the last lot of Octavia's were sold at a discounted price and I was offered around 34L or 35L on road for the L&K model.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 22:10   #1881

Hello fello BHPians

In your opinion, what price should a Skoda Octavia L&K, 2022 model, great condition, only driven 15 thousand kms, fetch?

Regards
NorthernStar
NorthernStar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 18:09   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As others have pointed, car which is stationary for long will have many potential issues. Other than getting the car inspected, better to check if it was involved n any serious accident (where humans were harmed) or some kind of dispute.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 22:40   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Hi Folks, thinking of getting a dashcam (front + rear) installed in my car. Since mine has a USB-C port on RVM, can anyone suggest a good tried and tested model that will be good for the Octy?
Can you send photo of the location of the USB- C port on rear view mirror
Old 13th August 2024, 00:24   #1884
BHPian

My Octavia‘s Glovebox was replaced in August 2023 and exactly a year later the glovebox has failed again, and it is unable to latch properly. This is really concerning as after warranty ends this won’t be a cheap replacement. It looks like Skoda has not addressed this issue, clearly the part needs some redesign or fix for the failing latch. There have been multiple reports of Owners claiming warranty for this, that too multiple times.
Interestingly, I tried searching for similar issues with international versions of Octavia MK4, but didn’t find any instances. I wonder what makes the Glovebox fail only in India?
I have emailed Skoda about this but it was simply redirected to the nearby service centre. Maybe I will try to raise this concern in an AMA session for Skoda Gearheads.

Link to Original Post (Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review)
pratyush369 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 06:54   #1885
Senior - BHPian

I understand the steering control rotors, ac vents etc., but glove box is pretty robust in Octavia. Atleast in MK3, even after close to 9 years of use it still operates like day 1. And that is the reason why you don’t find many cases online too. Not sure whether anything has changed in MK4.

Last edited by sunikkat : 13th August 2024 at 06:55.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 12:04   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I understand the steering control rotors, ac vents etc., but glove box is pretty robust in Octavia. Atleast in MK3, even after close to 9 years of use it still operates like day 1. And that is the reason why you don’t find many cases online too. Not sure whether anything has changed in MK4.

Glovebox has been a problem in MK4
I had also replaced it roughly 6 months back, and I can already see it getting loser day by day, and might last for another 6 months max.
Giving such a poor quality for such an expensive car is a clear dampener
Old 17th August 2024, 12:13   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
I had also replaced it roughly 6 months back, and I can already see it getting loser day by day, and might last for another 6 months max.
Most likely this will happen again after I get mine replaced the 2nd time. I am planning to find a permanent solution to this as replacing it every year is not something I prefer. The issue is that the locking pins/notches on the sides fail to release quickly or doesn't come out at all when the handle is released.
I tried non oil based lubricant like wurth dry lube but no luck.
I don't expect Skoda to fix the part design so the only option is DIY i guess.
pratyush369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 23:41   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
I don't expect Skoda to fix the part design so the only option is DIY i guess.
Maybe they will fix it with the mid-gen facelift MK4. I'm going to be praying to god they fixed the stupid infotainment issues
abhishek2684 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 10:36   #1889

Hi Totality.

Thanks alot for this detailed breakdown of your rim set up on your octavia. The output looks killer. wish this grey was available when I bought my Octi.

Nevertheless, I have been driving the same octavia model since 2021. It's a superb machine to drive. I use it as my daily driver. After a lot of research I found the rims I wanted with the particular spec. Thanks to your post it was made rather easy with the look for the car and spec of the rims that I was going for. I have a few questions regarding this.

How has your experience been since you changed your rims ? Did the dealer cause any issues with warranty ?
Have you changed your suspension set up or added lowering springs ? How has the affected your driving experience ?
Did you receive hub rings with the rims or did you have to get them made in aluminium ? I have received what looks like plastic hub rings with the rims from the manufacturer. So want to know how the change in material will affect the drive and set up ? Since I ordered straight from the manufacturer (through their official local dealer in mumbai), I could customise my rims as per my vehicles requirement and the manufacturer did their bit with the right knowledge of the fitment on this particular vehicle.
Old 19th August 2024, 12:06   #1890

And portfolio pictures of this beauty
Attachment 2610331

Attachment 2610332[/quote]

Sir could you please point me in the right direction from where you purchased the black Skoda badge on the front, and for how much? I’ve recently acquired a mint white style MK4 and would like to black out all the badges.

Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks